Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Resurrectionists: Arkwright Cemetery

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8

Jennifer Hazelton

"Well, in the spirit of cooperation and goodwill, I don't know where he is. You have all the cards on that.
    I do have associates who can stave off the beasts running around and distract the guards. Although I hear you did much better than that?"

Just how long have these ghouls been watching you?

" Must we agree on that the body must leave with you?" Vincenzo chuckles.
    " I certainly don't agree. I'm not turning the Pope over to Wells, Seneschal. There's a very active, passionate gathering of Lancea Sanctum waiting to take possession of an awakened Pope in San Diego. Pope must stand trial. Surely you agree?" Vincenzo asks, watching with an earnest expression.
    "The Prince there remembers Pope.

You can't just let the Liar awaken and return to his chaotic ways.
    I imagine Heirophant Woods would love to embrace him into the Circle. The more we delay, the more chances we have for Mr. Clay or Madame Woods to get ideas. I'm sure that your team were discreet in their inquiries?

Personally, I was suspicious Mr. Wells might share with Priscus Durant."

He paused, studying Jack for a minute.
    " Were you honestly considering not waking him?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord nodded at the details Vincenzo shared. It was always good to know what your leverage was in a negotiation. He smiled at what he viewed as a veiled compliment, "I did what I had to do to protect the First tradition."

A grin in exchange for the chuckle. So it wouldn't be that easy after all. "That would be the purpose of this meeting, Mister Vincenzo. I don't rightfully have an opinion on the matter of a trial. What I have been tasked with is recovering a body. We were quite discreet in our inquiries to avoid alerting any other competitive interests in the matter. Mister Wells had been in contact tonight with some information, mostly an effort to keep our two groups from fighting. In all honesty the type of information he relayed seemed... beyond his means," polite, neutral, "...which is why I reached out to talk to you directly."

The Lord's voice is frank, but void of any semblance of mockery or condescension, "The long and short of it is that you are within the borders of Sacramento. Ours laws are quite clear on the matters of territorial dispute. There is no favorable outcome that does not include my leaving this place with that body." Jacque spread his hands, "That being said, I'm open to suggestions on how to make these events more palatable for yourself or your clients. The Invictus has many resources to also 'make it worth your while'," he smiled before briskly continuing, "However, I respect how delicate that may be in Faith based organizations, so that is why I inquired about the core of the Sanctum's interests in the matter. If we are both eager for the Liar's knowledge to not be spread to the other covenants, then we are aligned in that matter. Is the only other matter of interest a Trial?"

"There isn't a molecule in my body that is interested in waking him here in this place," It was tactically a disadvantage, even without all of the questionable activities thusfar. The Lord ponders a moment, "However, also in the interest of cooperation and goodwill, I believe the coterie to some degree wants that to happen. I have not been given any specific instruction that I must wake him, and if I am able to leave this cemetery with his body without competing with your teams then I know that any plot to have my subordinates accidentally wake him tonight will be foiled." The only qualifier for having to open the box was competition.

"Why do you ask?"

Blood Hunt:

3. Likes , pisces liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Vincenzo nodded, looking thoughtful.

One of the ghouls touched his ear for a moment. He approached and spoke quietly to Vincenzo. The Ventrue nodded and the ghoul stepped back.

"He taught Lancea secrets to the Crone."
    Vincenzo stated calmly.

"Insults need to be answered for.

I would wake him. Pope is Old, Seneschal. He wouldn't need to cut deals with the citizens of this cemetery. He's powerful enough to deal with this on his terms.

Your territory."
    Vincenzo said firmly.
    "I don't spend more than two nights here. I respect her.
    The coterie has a grudge. They want to trade Pope... And they'll all enjoy largesse from the Invictus. As would you and the Whip, I imagine.
    Trading Pope doesn't work for me. It will make me look like I can't do my job.

If I took him out of this town, your status quo wouldn't be disrupted, Seneschal. If you walk out of this cemetery with Pope, I get what?

I took this job for a reason. They will get me what I want. Reputation, for one.
    If I agree to let you walk out with Pope..."

He trails off, looking at Jack expectantly.

Ooc

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Herding... haunt wants to fight. The Lord's annoyance was only countered by the brief revelation that his call name had actually been 'pretty'. The gunshot came from them. What a timely undercut of his 'more competent' argument.

"If he's powerful enough to handle things under his own terms, wouldn't that be more the reason to not wake him out here?" There were far more controlled environments that could be leveraged if what he and Quinn suspected about the box was true.

"As always, actions speak louder," he remarked about respecting her. "The short graces are meant for passing through. You are not passing through. You desire to steal something she has laid claim to in her Domain." he corrects. "I've already mentioned the very wide scope of what the Invictus has to offer. I'm not going to play guessing games to reach an accord- neither of us have the time. It is on you to share what you desire." His hand raises idly and passively, "I hope you appreciate that I am trying to give you more than just not having to look over your shoulder for whatever remains of your requiem." A reminder that a scorned Prince could be rather vindictive and eternity is a long time to acquire revenge.

"Attempting to scoop the asset after my team acquires him has repercussions beyond you and me. If there's not a price we can agree on, I would at least propose that my team instead deliver Pope to the Prince and I will invite you to discuss the political merits of extradition with her Grace. If you are set on waking Pope, I would suggest it be at that time when we are all in a more hospitable environment."

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes , pisces liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Vincenzo gave a brief smile. Quicksilver flash, and it was gone.
    "Perhaps a reason not to wake him here."
    He moves fluidly to the next point. "Does she, though? She might just be happy to have another asshole out of her hair. After Kowalsic, does she want another proud, long in the tooth guy waking up and making waves? She might enjoy it while the Yacht Club gets what it wants. Yet end game, and the Yacht Club trades him.
    He's a tricky son of a bitch, from my research. Whoever gets him might not keep him under the thumb. You think Clay is going to war with an old guy who has secrets that can build Clay's reputation?
    Would Wood go to war for anything?"
    He proposes. "I bet she would like to learn new tricks."

"What I want would be three fold.
    I want to be well thought of by your Yacht Club if I turn him over to you clean, right now. I might need to stay in town for awhile.
    I would want an invitation to the Dragons. A meeting, or a sharing of knowledge...
    This is tied with you arranging an introduction with the head of the group beforehand to go over the ettiquette I should know before said meeting."
    I want you to suggest that the Prince let Legate Creighton can come visit the Domain. Wells could use a hand getting his feet under him. The visit would be short and sweet, not building a rival to your yacht club."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The brief smile gave Jack the fleeting feeling of understanding. Fleeting only for what followed. "As you no doubt already know, Her Grace has no issue with taking out the trash if he winds up as you say- another asshole in her hair." Jack's pride was riled, but he subdued it for the purposes of keeping the meeting on track. First Herald, now Seneschal. What was it with people not believing he understood what the Prince wanted in her Domain? At this rate he felt he could be Prince and people would still question the point.

"Your second request pertaining to the Dragons. I can arrange a meeting with the head of the group and prepare you with any details of etiquette that may be useful in the context." He shrugged his shoulders, "But I can not guarantee he will invite you to join them. That will be his decision alone."

"It should also go without saying that I can ensure you'll be well thought of as a result of tonight," That was easy, "However, if you choose to act the fool later down the road this agreement would not protect you from the consequences of your behavior."

The third request was so trivial it didn't warrant acknowledgement. "If that is acceptable, then I can agree to your terms. You and your crew will continue to monitor for any of Pope's acolytes and cover our exit once we find him."

Blood Hunt:

9. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

There was a beat of silence. The other Ventrue considered for a moment.

"Then I shall be glad to be of assistance. As long as it is assured this doesn't become public knowledge." A small hand wave, for certainly, who would want to discuss Pope where the public would hear?
    "We have an agreement, Seneschal. I have no intention of souring my welcome in Sacramento. Your people are currently playing with the Haunts in the Urn Garden. Maxwell could assist them, if you wish? He's been walking about the whole cemetery following the blue haired one, it seems.
    So far, its just the homeless, the Haunts and the coterie. Yet the Haunts do have a habit of sneaking up on one. A moment, and I shall deploy some to watch the entrances."

The wave seems to signal something, as the ghoul spoke into his radio, making no attempts to obscurre what was said. "Rand and Richard, head to the side entrance. Alert if someone is seen."

Vincenzo now waits, calm and confident.

Jennifer Hazelton

For the roll posted to the OOC which netted 12 suxx, Vincenzo's reaction
    2 successes

As far as Jack can tell, Vincenzo seems sincere. He has likely planned for some outcome like this, he had to. He only paused for a beat to make his decision on the compromise. Jack is gettting the sense that Vincenzo doesn't get angry about a compromise like this. He doesn't get distracted, for he seems to be devoting all of his attention to Jack.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack's steely eyes instinctively watched for signs of deception or betrayal. He had many tools in his toolbox to uncover the truth, but for something as short term as this evening nothing that needed to be used unless he saw something. Instead of deception though, he saw the familiar signs of a plan coming together. A corner of his lips pulled into a grin. It would be nice to have another Lord who thinks several steps ahead.

"Of course. I imagined it would be more beneficial for the both of us if the public record of the evening was that Pope's resting place was once again found empty, continuing his history of eluding capture."
    No need to burn bridges, after all. "He's welcome to help as needed but it may be better just to observe out of sight. I doubt they'd be trusting of a stranger assuring them that we're working together." He would hope they wouldn't be, at least.

Jack reached into his overcoat and produced a business card to provide the mercenary, "A pleasure to meet you, Mister Vincenzo. I look forward to your continued presence in Sacramento." The Lord complements before departing back the way he was brought in.

Blood Hunt:

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Just realized this was the original thread for Waterlow Hill

Upon returning to the child's grave, Jacque heads due north to Laurel Hill

Blood Hunt:

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread