Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Punch Drunk

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm LOLs. "Every rose has its thorn, right??"

Another swing and a miss. Not surprising. He'd knocked out some walls with that last one.

"Come on, you got this! Try another!"

Worm is forgoing his turn this round!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a knowing look on her face, “Exactly.” But she didn’t want people to see that side. She fought to hide it and not let it show. But everyone has a breaking point, a button that will let the darkness lose.

“Another?” she asks, but takes a moment to line up a shot. Thinking she had it this time, but she didn’t. Another miss. Sapphires close briefly as she pauses and composes herself.

failure

Itwasfineitwasokitwasfineitwasok...played over and over in her mind. Shaking her head and then arms, she tried to let it go.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm gives her a mischievous grin. Seemingly unfazed by her second miss in a row.

"We're not stopping until you fucking hit me, lady. So I hope you're ready to keep dancing. And sweating."

The Colonel is dripping himself. They've been on the move for a while now, even with that meditation break.

But he's not going to let Sera go out on a sour note. That's not an option.

"Now come on and whip my ass."

Worm foregoes his action this round!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a frown as she shook her head. She wasn’t worried about sweating, it was gross, but it meant she was working.

“Then you’re prepared to stay here all night?” she teases.

But, she was having fun so she raises her gloves and throws a punch at him. It wasn’t a good hit, but it was a hit.

1 success

“If I needed to whip your ass, it would have to be in Dream Combat.” She says with a sly smile. She’d own that battle ground.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

“I’m one persistent Worm,” he jokes right back. “Plus I don’t really have much going on.”

She gives him one parting shot and the Colonel steps back, throws off his gloves, and gives her a round of applause.

“Alright! Let’s call it.”
    Picks up the gloves and starts back to their gear.

Crouches beside his bag, digs out a flask, uncaps and tips it back. That good burn.

Holds it out to Sera, should she want some.

“Dream fighting, huh?” He’s heard of it, being Lost and all. But never got into the details. “What exactly does that involve?”

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Laughing a good-natured laugh, “That you are. Persistence can be the key to victory at times.” Then a smirk, “A good looking guy such as yourself doesn’t have much going on? I think you’re lying.” She teases.

The sound of applause triggers a switch in her brain that makes her bow. It was just how she was wired and she didn’t see that changing. “I don’t think I deserve any applause, but I think you’ve given me some excellent advice and direction. So the applause should be for you.” Walking over to their bags, she removes her gloves as well and starts to take the tape off.

A water bottle was taken out, and a head shake at his offer. While she wanted to, she figured it was best not to.

“Never tried it?” but that wasn’t unusual. “Dream fighting involves using the environment to attack the other. Usually it’s more psyche based, leaving the sleepers physically unharmed. But,” a sly smile, “with the right training, you can take the fight outside their Dream and physically harm them. Dream fights are usually grand spectacles with each combatant using the environment to their advantage. You can also use the Dream to summon your own weapon, connected to your Wyrd.” Then looking thoughtful, “I’m probably not explaining it very well, Rhodes is the resident expert on that, I’m just more trained to fight in there then out here.” Plus her Entitlement meant she could also harm someone in a more personal way. “If you were ever curious about it, he sometimes offers classes in it. Sometimes it’s best to be prepared with the basics then nothing at all.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

A crooked grin, "Oh I was lying. Lots going on. But for you?" A swig off the flask, "I've always got time. I'll never forget how you and Rhodes met me in the park and made me feel like I'd found a city where I could put down roots. Meant a lot to me. Still does." One more swig and then he caps the flask, stowing it back in the duffle.

Extracts a cigarette and lights it, "I smell a...what's it called? Squid pro quote? Whatever. An exchange. I'll keep offering you my patented physical combat training and techniques. And maybe you could show me the ropes when it comes to tearing it up dream style, what do you say?"

Worm talks as he packs his gear, getting ready to depart.

Want to get one more post in before we close the thread? Awesome scene. Thanks for the fun!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A sweet smile, “Aww! Well, I always have time for you should you ever need it.” And she meant it. “That’s really nice to hear, I’m glad we could do that for you.” That was something she always tried to do, make people feel welcome.

Laughing, light and musical in sound, “Almost. Quid pro quo, but I like yours better, and shall be known as that now!” she declares with a smile before it changes to a look of surprise, “You want me to help you with Dream fighting? Rhodes is more experienced with that side of things. Don’t get me wrong, I would be more than happy to help you learn the ropes, but I’m not as knowledgeable as he is.” She wanted him to know that. “But I can set aside some time and we can meet in the Tavern, or here, and go over some of the basics. It’s easier in the Hedge to enter Dreams.”

Sounds good! Was a fun scene..thank you!

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Two thumbs up, Worm smiles around his cigarette. He'd said that stuff about the park because it was true. It seems to make her happy, which is a bonus.

"OK, but hear me out: I'm a complete newbie when it comes to dream...anything really. I don't think I belong in Prof. Rhodes' advanced class. Maybe just dream 101 with Prof. Sera? To be honest, I never really thought about fighting in dreams before, you know? Sounds exciting." And challenging. A new terrain of combat. Quickest way to get the Colonel hooked.

"We can talk about it more later. For now, let's blow this popsicle stand. I don't want Ram to smell my smoke." A chuckle.

Worm leads Sera out of the hollow, and then out into the night. Pleasantly sore.

Thanks again!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread