Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow watches Corn levelly. "I never suggested you did. You brought that up of your own volition." She nodded. "We are allies. I just find your directness of referring your partner - while using a shadow name for yourself - confusing. I am not asking for your real name. You just seem very... candid, about the whole relationship when keeping your wife as somehting privatemay have been a better choice." She shrugs. they were only her thoughts. It was on Corn what he chose to do.

'Religion aside I am religious'? Corn seemed to speak in paradoxes, talking and expressing before thinking.

"I do not see why we need such a person. It is possible to consider ethics without a religious facet. Doing so removed the dogmatic factors that can blind to reason. I study such things myself - it is a core part of Arrow training. Considering options before acting."
    She looks around. "I thought the other orders would conside rtheir own philosophies similarly."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle accepts Kaze's handshake. My, my, what strong hands you...actually that's a pretty good grip. Holy crap! Is this guy super-strong? She maintains her bright smile though. "You are correct...with a catch, Mr. Kaze. I'm a bit of an adventurer-archeologist; most of my history with the Mysterium back home was object research and recovery. But I'm not against losing myself in a good book." She'd read enough 'bad' books to know the difference.

The conversation between Corn, Aurora, and Phoenyx, goes mostly unnoticed. Though Belle's hackles had briefly gone up when the idea of using Magic on an unborn child was mentioned. Kaze was a good distraction though...a very handsome, so-not-single-yet-friendly-enough-for-eyecandy distraction.

She looks briefly between Kaze and Puck. "So, ummmm. Not to rush anything, but is there anything besides the meet and greet before I'm official here? This is amazing..." She gestures to the Circle in all its majestic glory. "...and you're all wonderful..." Some just a bit too wonderful. "But I don't want to accidentally trigger any latent magical defenses designed to keep out the uninitiated." She'd heard of some Mage communities that used those to keep freeloaders away. Not that she thought these Mages would willingly set that up, but maybe something inherent to the Circle's defenses would need a sigil of proof of her loyalties?

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a deep breath as she refocused her mind.

“I get that you and your wife just want a healthy baby, so I’m not trying to tell you how to live your lives. Just,” a pause, “be careful with that.” Concern in her voice. “I’m always willing to talk about it more if you like, but in a private setting. Hubris is a dangerous thing for us.” And at the end of the day, she didn’t want to see any of them hurt. Or their loved ones.

“I don’t think we need a priest, we have each other to show us different points of view. Sometimes it just takes a friend to hear what you are saying and shine new light on it. Priests don’t own the market on listening and offering advice. We’re all here for each other.” At the end of the day, they had to be.

A nod after Phoenyx speaks, wording it better then the Shaman did. “Ethics can be taught by life experiences.” It didn’t have to be religion.

Looking to Belle, “So long as you’ve met with your Councilor and got squared away with them, you’re set. We’re not as formal as other places.”

6. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods at Corn's mentioning that he wished there was an Awakened priest he could talk to. He listens to Phoenyx and Aurora pushing back on the whole religion thing, not commenting.

He gives Corn a nods to show he gets it though. Not everyone has to look to a religion to help figure things out, but if you do, it would be really great to be able to be open about everything you're struggling with to someone you respect and look up to in your religion.

"Oh wow, that's great! So are we talking 'Indiana Jones' or 'Scooby Gang' type exploring?" Kaze asks Belle , looking really interested in what she has to say.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"The Circle has several passive defences. The main active defence is now aware of you," The Arrow said calmly.

"There isn't a Mastigos Councillor at present," she says thoughtfully, "but the Mysterium is aware of her and at least two councillors are as well. I am sure this will suffice. That does reinforce the lack of formality somewhat." She offers Aurora her trademark small smile before looking back to Belle. "What sort of objects did you recover?"

Kaze is.... well, Kaze.

He talks so easily.

10. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

There isn't much to add. The Mystagogue, willingly or not, has breached a touchy topic, but Aurora seems to have dealt with it diplomatically.
    He shrugs.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn nodded to Aurora with a smile.
    "Thank you, I may take you up on that offer at a different time."

Then, he turned to Belle and the questioning.
    "What all those slightly over-zealous friends of ours understand is that you can choose to not share what you have recovered. This is not an interrogation. But personally, and I think the others here too, would be interested to know, if you choose to share the info."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Man, look at your phone for a minute and you miss the supernal eugenics conversation. Oh well, Puck wasn't going to kick the dead horse and turned his attention to the other conversations as they formed.

"Yeah, the paths and orders offer plenty of different perspectives."

Also the individuals. Though some were definitely more thorny then others. Belle wasn't one of them though.

"Welcome to Sacramento."

New girl is official. They grow up so fast. Also did someone mention Indiana Jones? Puck's attention is piqued.

16. Likes Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle meets Kaze's smile with a proud one of her own. "More like Duck Tales to be honest. Though a little less rewriting history and more finding mysteries. It's how I found this..." And she shows Kaze her onyx-tipped ring. "It's a Supernal Artifact; found it in Alaska of all places, buried in ice. There were all these crazy carvings around it, I wrote all of them down in case they were important. But I found out they were Atlantean, like old Atlantean. So until I've gotten more skill in High Speech, I probably won't be able to read it." She's a little surprised at how easy this is all coming out. Not that she didn't trust the Mages here, it was just she didn't go into such detail with Crystal. Kaze just seemed a bit more approachable. Must be a Mastigos thing; playing close to the chest.

Between Aurora, Corn, and Phoenyx's encouragement, Belle's expression shifts to relief, then excitement.
    "Oh thank God, as long as I don't get set on fire on the way out, I think I'll be happy!" Crystal was right; the lack of rigidity in Sacramento was turning out to be a good thing. The mention of no active Councilor was odd. I guess Crystal just didn't step up to the plate just yet? Maybe he wasn't comfortable taking the spot by default since he's running the Mastigos boat solo? ​She could admire that.

She looks over to Puck, noting his interest.
    "Thanks! It's nice to have someplace to call home again." A chance for a fresh start with a new crew and nobody to worry over. At least not yet.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Hackles rose dramatically.

Dark eyes focus on Corn intently. "'Over-zealous'? I was unaware that asking questions was sufficient to be considered zealotry." There is a slight edge to her tone. "If we asked about your Alchemical research, would you consider that also to be zealous? The topic of arcane artifacts, I am sure, is interesting to many here."

The Arrow looked to Belle. "Only if you make them particularly unhappy." If it was a joke, it had a delivery as dry as the Sahara.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread