(2109) Autumn Greeting
Sep 11, 2021 - Sep 22, 2021
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Aha, and see, there it was.

Trouble.

Was always just bound to be a matter of time.

"Don't mind me, don't want to get in the way if you have important things to discuss."

If they needed help they'd ask. Otherwise, Roshon was content to enjoy not getting mixed up in something life threatening.

Anyone wanna make a non-plot centered side thread?
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Her alley? He looked between the king and queen, feeling like he was caught between two missions. A new freeholder that needed help, and a debriefing on a present threat to the whole freehold. Unfortunate as it was, one had to take precedence. It was the bigger threat.

“Close to the Freehold but also in in San Francisco. Somehow, she warped the Hedge around a gate that had the sigil we have above ours. While we weren’t deposited there, it drew us to it. And we exited that gate directly into the tunnel gate.” Hedge geography was weird, he wished he had Cassandra there to help explain. “We didn’t try any other exits but the man we found there, Oliver, thought we were close to San Francisco.”

Before telling her all about it, he looked to the newcomers. Did he want this to be a private conversation? They could be spies. It was where his mind immediately went. He could take this privately and then afterwards strap them down. See if threats could get them to admit anything. Vague memories of his durance surfaced. There were walls in the mind you could break as easily as mortar.

He shook his head. “No, it’s fine,” he almost sounded unsteady, but he remembered Oliver. If they were spies… maybe the tale would change their minds. Or at least give them the option before madness robbed it of them like it had of the pig man.

“We were patrolling, trying to find our way to a Hollow Circe had mentioned as possibly being open. On our way, we realized we were being followed by a bloodsuckle, an ambusher plant. And when we tried to lose it we ended up in a cul de sac. A place that used to be a small center of civilization in the Hedge, but now with only one house remaining. And in its center was a water pool… fountain with an arch with the symbol our Freehold has above the tunnel Door.”

“We saw movement in the house. It was an Ogre. We made a deal. A Promise for shelter from the bloodsuckle. And we started asking questions about what was going on. He told us he was working for Anne and didn’t like when we told him what she had done and described her character.” He paused for a moment, he didn’t want them to get the wrong idea but it needed to be said.

Oliver, the Ogre, broke his oath, and kicked us out. He couldn’t bear to hear us speak ill of Anne. But,” his voice was almost stern, daring for a challenge “He had been alone for months! I don’t think his clarity could handle it. I have no doubt it drove him insane. That holding onto the idea that Anne… his people… would come back for him.”

Damn, he really wished Cass or Gerrit was here to help give the whole story or at least make it sound better. “We went back inside. And while Anatole and I subdued Oliver to bring back… John really should talk to him… and you really should check him out for injuries,” he added to Sera “Gerrit and Cassandra found a library and another abused Changeling. A woman that had been made into a telephone and then used by Anne to leave a ‘phone message’ for us. She needs healing care as well.” Another pause. It hurt just to say the next part out loud.

“Anne had set the whole thing up. Used Oliver with no intention of coming back for him. Hoping he died to our looking into it. Used the woman like They had, like nothing more than a machine. I think she might have even set the bloodsuckle against the Hollows around the Gate. Trained it somehow.” His voice deepened and growled with every action and crime. “I’m…. I don’t know the whole of it. I didn’t really get a good idea of the politics. By that point, I just wanted to get my patrol team out of there.” Which, with what little pleasure he could take from the situation, he’d managed.

“The woman was sitting in some dental chair set up with an IV drip, and Oliver was unconscious from injury at that point. I broke the chair free of its moorings and Gerrit carried Oliver as we set off to exit the Hedge through the pool Gate. The bloodsuckle attacked Anatole as he defended our retreat but we were able to escape mostly unscathed. Oliver and the phone woman are currently secure. I'll tell you where privately." The one thing he could worry about if they were spies. Assassins. "and awaiting healing and questioning. Though again, I think Oliver desperately needs help with his mental issues. And if she's been subjected like he has, probably the woman too.”

How was it possible for a story to be long but far too short at the same time?
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Aeolus liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post

Presence
    (Wilting Wallflower)
    Socially Small
    Ashley Green

Mask: 5' 5" with frizzy blonde hair. Skin and bones. Commonly wears gardening gloves.

Mien: Ash grey skin, except from elbows and knees down, which are lime green and sticky with sap. Crimson eyes. Drooping elf ears. Hair is actually straw. Covered in burn scars.

Mantle: Flickering candlelight reflected in her eyes.

PRE

Ashley went through a mental checklist of how best to conduct herself in the event she should meet someone here, and she should meet someone her. All the signs pointed towards Funderland being this city's haven for the Lost. And she had found admittance to the park, after all, even with it being after hours. The fact that she hadn't tripped some invisible alarm and been dogpiled by the angriest, meanest guards someone could hire was a good sign. It would be difficult to offer introductions under a pile of Summer soldiers. Should she have practiced that?

No, best to stick with the basics. Smile. Give her name. Was it proper to explain which Court she belonged to? Probably do it anyways. Explain how she found this place. Emphasize that she meant no harm. Or would that sound suspicious? Maybe explain why she was here. ...No, that would also start them on the wrong foot.

In preparation for what she hoped to be a first meeting, Ashley had picked out something functional and comfortable for her. A sundress with sunflowers against a black background and a pair of cargo pants underneath. For the pockets. You could never have too many of those. Work boots on bottom and a worn straw sun hat on top. Sure it was dark out, but it was her favorite and she was loathe to part with it. And a pair of worn gardening gloves. Because no one wanted to deal with sticky and just because she couldn't avoid didn't mean she couldn't keep others from dealing with it.

The Wizened turned the corner to find, thankfully enough, a quintet of fellow Lost. Standouts included the man with arms the size of tree trunks, a lady made of a grab bag of animal parts, but most eye-catching of all was the scintillating jewel of a woman who seemed to have commanded the attention of everyone gathered. And for good reason, who could ignore her? How wonderful! Or at least... it should've been. But every face gathered around the table was grimmer than the last. Hopefully not concerning a nosy new arrival sneaking about parts she shouldn't be.

Ashley's throat constricted until her breaths felt like they were coming out as a whine. All thoughts on how she might introduce herself vanished in the light of the bedazzled one's grimace. And rightfully so. How could she bother them with such insignificant things as her being there? Perhaps it would be best if she sat just out of the way for this one. Better yet, go find a hotel or bus and consider somewhere else to go, they had other things going on that didn't concern...

No. No, she really did need to introduce herself. Besides, it'd probably be worse if they saw her just bolt at being seen, that wouldn't help her case any. And if she didn't march up there and try to say something, there was a decent chance they wouldn't even know she was there at all. She was well aware of how easy she could be looked over.

Balling her fists tightly beside her, Ashley marched up to the group with her face firmly facing down, just concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other. ...Actually, it probably would've been better if she'd actually looked where she was going, as her adamant refusal to just in her barreling into a garbage bin near the group. She hastily set about setting it upright again before looking at the gathering.

"Uh... hello. I'm Ashley." Her voice came as something of breathy whisper, as there was a baby in the other room she didn't want to disturb. "Sorry to bother you. Sorry to interrupt. I do hope I'm not trespassing. If I am, I can just leave. Or if you just want me to. Maybe I should leave."
    Wizened Woodwalker | Autumn Mantle 1: flickering candlelight reflected in her eyes.

5. Likes Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

Hey can move Plot talk to a side thread, and when around to it, a side thread for the Wyrdstone Ack for Ashley

This way we can keep the main thread free for small talk or other shenanigans

7. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

When R'lyeh asks questions there's an expectation of answers. She doesn't always get them. So limits her hopes to yeses and noes, things all brevity and some wit, but this. This was a feast, and it the Drowned Fox fell into memory she can imagine the Maw grasping, the Tongue writhing, salivating, eager. But no. She's not there, and they are still. Quickly, she presses a hand to her throat, to make sure.

Everything is dry. Everything is still.

And the answers keep coming. She shivers, and leans in, shooting a look when Roshon-Machinic-Beast-Tamer, wants to away with Answers and Questions and R'lyeh just can't -

- Oh.

She jumps, shifting her body so her back's not to the newcomer, All green life and after fire scars. But new-new-new, not Shiny-Rock-Wyrdstone-approved. A bubble of questions climb up her throat even as the Maw eats them.

She'll watch and wait. Answers now, Questions later.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Sera's reply draws a chuckle. She was the heart of the Freehold, it was true. "Dinner can wait."

He looked back to the others. He didn't plan on making things heavy, but as a King and a queen it was natural things might feel more official. Plus, if it wasn't already clear from his words the re was added weight to Ram's tone that suggested whatever it was they had found, it wasn't good. "I realise you may want more levity, Roshon," his voice rumbled thoughtfully, "But you might be better served hearing this out. Living here, being a part of this city, Ann is someone we need to be aware of and on the watch for."

The glance Ram did was not unnoticed. "They are allies, Ram. We are connected together. Focus on it, you know I am right." The Flowering spoke steadily, his Mantle spinning leaves into the air around him. The Wyrdstone was fascinating - he only hoped others could trust it as he was coming to.

The Director listened to Rams.... somewhat garbled explanation. It seemed to raise as many questions as answers. Eyes narrowed at the sound of an Oathbreaker. It was possible, easily so, but so... gauche. Distasteful. They had so few rules, to shatter through them was so.....Well, Ogrish.

Still, The words added more to the profile he had been building in her mind. Power over the mind, by magic or sheer force of persona and fear, sounded very much a trick of an Dread Monarch. Using people like tools, to be discarded when not needed. There was a certain appeal. Holding on to people's opinions, their cares... it was a lot of work. Some were too trusting, and that made it all the easier... Rhodes pinched the bridge of his nose, a pressure swelling behind his eyes. It felt good. Powerful. A part of him knew it shouldn't, but it was fading. A dark smile threatened to spread across his features. It was all Fear. It was all still about generating Fear, even if she wasn't there to see it. She was steeped it it, that much was clear. Almost bestial.... pure. It was hard not to admire. Shackles without chains....

Something angry lanced through his mind. That was him. That was what had happened - walls of one's own making, through manipulation of an elegant social crafter. Desire and Fear in one of their closest mirrors, all for control. That had been him, once - the victim of that insidious control.

There was a lot to take in, not fully helped by the fragmented explanation and lack of certain details. Rhodes was just about to ask what the message was when a new shape emerged. Overly large emerald eyes roamed over the dress, the skin. A changeling, certainly, but it was frustrating a complete unknown would appear just as he had declares the others safe. A scowl touched his face for the faintest moment, replaced by a smile. "Irony at it's finest. Well, Ashley, that depends very much on the nature of your visit to our little part of the city. Why don't you and I have a little talk over here, hmm? Once we know a little more about your intent, I'm sure we can either point you where you need to be or at the very least come to some kind of agreement."

The Dread Lord sweeps and arm to the side, away from the main group, his potent mantle spinning yet more coloured leaves into the air around him. "Would you be so kind as to cover anything else from Ram, Sera? You cna always fill me in later."

Rhodes ushers Ashley to a side thread here. I'm happy to sort acknowledgement but others can tag along if they like.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

10. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

From her face, she was listening to every word Ram was speaking. Filing away bits and pieces.

“A fountain with our symbol?” was this some sick game Anne was playing? Using their symbol to lure unsuspecting Lost to her?

Nodding, “Of course, if I am needed I will help.” No questions.

“Wait, a telephone?” she asks, then looks to Rhodes, “Perhaps we’ve come across her before?” it sounded familiar. But she couldn’t place her finger on it.

“If John needs assistance speaking with Oliver, I can perhaps go into his Dreams and see if I can begin healing those.” It might work, but depended on what was going on. "Were you able to bring the IV and whatever it contained back?" could help them figure things out.

“I know I am glad you all were able to escape.” They didn’t need to lose more. “I have to wonder how far ahead of us Anne is.” She muses out loud, looking thoughtful. “Thank you for tell us, this is something we need to get handled sooner rather than later. She’s been allowed to puppet this far too long.” But she was quite the foe.

Sapphires take in the new face as she approached, though it would be easy to overlook her. But from the ash grey skin, crimson eyes and drooping elf ears, she was one of them.

Offering a warm smile, trying to be friendly while still thinking about Anne, “Hi Ashley,” angelic voice upbeat, then a gentle shake of her head, silver and golden hair catching the lights, “not a bother at all.” Not good timing, but, so goes life. “Please, don’t go, we’d love to get to know you.” Looking to Rhodes, the only other Monarch present.

Apologic eyes look to her husband, dinner would have to wait. Anne and now new faces. Then a nod, “Of course.” A small smile before she looked back to Ram.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes liked this post

Removing marble

14. Likes liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Welp, this sure as shit was not the vibe she'd been looking for. For one thing, she would absolutely not have lit up if she'd known they were going to be talking about some sort of Freehold Defcon level threat. For another, she couldn't help but wonder about all the other members of the Freehold that were not present and how, if this actually was super-duper-important-info, what the hell were they supposed to do? Pick it up through the grapevine?

"Soooo, just an idea, but, like, how about some sort of notice board? Like an Otzel without an Otzel, ya know? But better, because it would be permanent. A place where we can regularly check and see what's going on, and what's important, and to add our own info and stuff,"
    Roshon suggested, to no one in particular, before taking a massive drag on her blunt. In for a penny and all that.
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

16. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“Yes, Cassandra was brought it during our dash to the gate.” He gave Sera a grateful nod for her thanks. It had been a stressful few days. But with Rhodes off talking, and no real follow questions besides that.

“If you’ll excuse me, I’m still hoping to find Circe and John to report to them. If you’ve got any other questions. Cass and Gerrit can probably explain things better than I can. I think they're planning something soon."

He gave a quick nod of his horned head and headed off to parts of the park he hadn't checked yet.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread