Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Wedding - Afterparty

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Aug 17, 2021 : The Wedding
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, ya know me so well Sera, oh ho ho ho! Rhodes I can say it'll be legally awesome." Circe smirks, as she pats upon something in her suit.

Circe turns upon Sonja Wu with a smile, "And that is why I was against Edible Arrangements," Circe laughs as Sonja tries to excuse the crying, "I understand. I did that when I heard about it and when Rhodes made his request ta me. Out of sight, some gunfire involved in celebration. Best ta get it outta my system."

Then she points at Liam as he says the magic F word, "Correct. Sadly I couldn't arrange 1812 overture with cannon."

"Cass, Colonel, glad yer both witnessed this glorious occasion," she smiles as they arrive. "This'll be a absolute blast."

Circe smirks at Sonja, "So Summer of ya Sonnie. Don't worry. It is very unlikely and besides," she looks over to Rhodes, "He'd try ta beat ya ta delivering his own beating." Then turns to Seraphina, "And since the bridesmaid has maid started it, ahem. I promise," she raises a hand her tone is less raging beast and more I work in a bureaucracy bored, "In the event ya hurt Rhodes, despite me knowing it is as unlikely as him doing so to you, I shall assist ya in yer self recriminations."

Circe then checks her watch. "Sorry gotta distance talk," and takes out a radio from her suit. Circe quietly talks into it.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

The ceremony had been beautiful and moving. The weight of that promise and the purpose that drove him. It was hard not to be moved to tears by it, he'd needed some time to himself after to have a cigarette and collect his thoughts. This was supposed to be an evening celebrating their love and commitment but it was hard not to be able to share in that with your own. He'd join the party after his smoke break. Recently he cobbled together a suit and then a chain of favors later and it was tailored to at least fit correctly. It was now the second nicest thing he owned.

It was like walking through a threshold though, waves of joy and happiness filling the lovely party. His eyes couldn't help but drift one direction, before letting out a soft exhale of frustration but his face twisted up into a smile as he did as the others did and approached the happy couple waiting his turn to greet the newly minted couple Having to clear his throat not to laugh at Circe and Sonnie's antics. "I think you have the devil's own luck Rhodes. I'm glad that both of you managed to find each other, that you help lift the other up." His eyes began to tear up at this point and the first fell down his cheek as he blinked and took a breath to get it under control. "I hope that your love only continues to blossom and bloom." He couldn't hold it at the end the tears just came after that. Bringing his hands up to wipe off his cheeks. The Winter King couldn't help but get caught up and offer each a hug in turn as well.

The knot in his gut twisted and turned, creating and ever intricate knot of anxiety that sat there like a weight inside of him. He had to clear his throat. and got to the rest of the party, face lighting up when he heard fireworks. "Fireworks. That was an excellent idea." He smiled over at Circe seeing her talk into her radio he backed off but turned to Sonnie instead. "You look radiant, hey if the timings right the buffet will open while most are distracted by fireworks." He'd probably be one of those suckers. "You giving a speech later?"

Worm was giving him a familiar sensation, like a buzz that tickled the back of his neck. He didn't know what it was yet. Though those dark orbs shifted over to Liam and then Cassandra and he couldn't help but meet her eyes and then his eyes watered and he had to blink the tears away as he reached into his right pocket having to focusing on opening up the pocket packet to distract him for the moment.

Goes by the name: John

3. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn, Shenanigans liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

It would always be hard to miss Cassandra. Between her Polychromatic skin and her charismatic presence, she stood out.

If the Winter would accept a hug, Sera would offer one, “Thank you Cassandra, it was wonderful having you here.” Her heart swelled with happiness at the words, “And that is a beautiful color on you.” While she might be the one in the wedding dress, Cassandra still looked stunning in that teal color.

There was a warm smile as she watches Rhodes get hugged. It was good to see, him letting his guard down, even if it wasn’t much.

What was it about weddings that seemed to draw so much happiness from people? She wasn’t sure, but she loved it.

Leaning her head against him, “You did promise that and it was perfect.” She whispers, “More than I ever imagined it could be.” Though she wished she got more time to talk with Mhairi. But still, her coming and making the dress was more than she could have ever hoped for. Kissing him back with a smile, “She is.” Maybe someday she’d get more time to catch up.

“Hurry back!” she says playfully.

Beaming to Liam, “Of course! Joy all around today!” she declares. It wasn’t her Season, but it was her wedding day and everyone was going to be happy and have fun!

The Nix would of course accept the hug from Worm, returning it with one of her own, “Thank you for coming! The day wouldn’t have been complete without you here.” She wanted the whole Freehold here, sharing in their happiness.

Looking to Sonnie, she walks over and pulls her into another hug, “Thank you so much.” She whispers to the Beast.

At the mention of the food again, “I think you’ll find all kinds of things you love on the menu.” Because of course she would want Sonnie to have food she would enjoy on the menu.

Raising an eyebrow in question, “Legally awesome?” she asks with a smirk, “Consider me very curious!” cause she was ok with illegal. If it came from Circe.

Laughing, “Oh, I don’t think that will be an issue Circe, but thank you.” Still smiling.

The hug from John was unexpected, but she still returned it, “Thank you, and thank you for coming.” Says the Nix, her voice genuine. Tears were not something she expected from him, he always seemed emotionally reserved. So it was good.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra would accept and give Sera a hug back, "Oh, thank you," she hadn't been expecting any kind of compliment like that from a bride on their wedding day. "Teal is one of my favorite colors." Teal and emerald green.

The others greet her back and she kind of sighs softly in a relief of 'good, that part is over'. Now she could really just converse with whoever felt the most relaxing to talk to. As soon as she began wondering where John or Gerrit was, John walks through and he looks more expressive than usual. At least, than he normally shows in public. Tears are no stranger between the two of them. Sometimes it felt like crying was just something they did. Yes, today was going to be a tearful day for all of them.

As is her nature, she'll never really stop comparing. When she really thinks about it, finding love and sharing in it publicly is one of the biggest middle fingers one can give to their Keeper, but it is also one of the unnecessarily dangerous things you can do. Enjoy in your love and keep it safe. So, which is actually better in the long run? She still isn't entirely sure. Perhaps some of it is the Spring in her.

It's after those thoughts she catches John's beautiful, black eyes just before he begins crying again and it makes her heart catch in a painful squeeze. She should be standing next to him, holding his hand, smiling and crying about the beauty of this together. Is this what it's going to be like all night? Wyrd help her.

After another moment, she has a rather 'screw it' moment. Why does she avoid him like the plague most gatherings? Choosing to avoid most conversation, choosing to pretend like they aren't even just close friends, which they are regardless of their relationship status. He lives rent free in her head most of the day anyway, so why not just... "Hey," She says, approaching John, her voice soft and somewhat melodic. "How's it goin' over there?"

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Flowering was still beaming. nothing could dampen his mood today. He takes Worm's hug, making apologies. "Thank you so much... I'll be right back. Just need to talk to the caterers."

He looks over his shoulder, watching Sonnie with curiousity, the smile never moving, but any response to that was hard. Fortunately, Circe was right there. "Just as she says," he replies, looking thankfully to the Best Elf.

Well well. There is a Beast in her after all.

The trip to the caterers was still derailed by more well-wishers. "I find we make our own fortunes, John." He took the Winter King's offered hand and pulled him into the hug. "We have all lost much in our lives. If there is a chance to enjoy happiness, I do not wish to miss that opportunity. Who knows what may happen to us tomorrow?" He smiles and heads off again.

After a few words in the right ears, food begins to arrive. The Dread Lord sweeps back into the room, chatting and thanking, finally getting back to his beloved. "Well, I hope Mhari is able to stay at least a little while. I know it would mean a lot to both of you." The talk had been.... well. Two powerful Autumns negotiating was an ebb and flow, words of Oaths delicately traded before being sealed, and finally settling on wording to assure safety and truth. It had been... riveting. And when he told the former Queen of Sera, knowing there was no lie? Well. It told him all he needed to know.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam is about to find out he's run out of tissues when Colonel Worm takes his post at the Giant's side. "Worm! You made it!" Spring-ish excitement briefly overtakes the Ogre, and he puts a heavy hand on the Goblin's shoulder. "Oh, I'm okay. I'm just...it's an Ogre thing." Or a Spring thing? Maybe both? Liam wipes a final sap-like tear from the corner of one eye. "We feel a bit too much. Did you hear? It sounds like cake's coming soon!" After their adventure with Gassie and Timothy, Liam felt a strong tie of brotherhood with Worm. Even if the two of them were fairly different in demeanor and size, they'd stood together and faced danger head-on. And that can make fast friends of anyone.

Liam returns Sonnie's wave. "So, you want a monkey's eye view of the proceedings?" He grins; Sonnie seemed to enjoy her last adventure on his tall shoulders, and seeing other Lost happy might help distract his own tears. "I promise I won't get mad if you get cake in my needles."
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Damn straight," she agrees with Rhodes and repeats it with Seraphina. Then Circe is back to arguing on the phone with someone. It devolves into Italian, with a lot of cursing. "Cosa intendi con "cosa"?" and there was the Summer Mantle, "Well of course I'm pissed. Fine, fine, fine. Hit it."

Circe hangs up and turns to the crowd, "Bad news. They can't delay and they didn't have enough ta get the colors matching the seasons in quantity fer what I asked for. Oh, welcome John! Oh and!" Circe claps loudly, "I gotta ask all folks?! Are ya having a blast?! If not then take heart, look!"

Circe points with her left index finger straight up.

There is a whistling sound in the air. The fireworks are going off. After a moment, a set goes off in a particular pattern. "Pun." Then nods to Seraphina, "It was supposed ta be orange and green, but something technical something," she shrugs with both hands held up, "Hire experts, ya listen ta 'em."

There are more blasts in the sky, a pinwheel, and even a few green and orange starbursts. Circe was oozing pride right now with the results, her arms spread wide in presentation with her back towards the blasts.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes Xadun, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Rhodes and Sera return his hug and Worm is all smiles. To Rhodes: "No, no, no. Don't apologize. Go do your thing. If you need me to help at all, I'll be here." And now to Sera: "Wouldn't miss it for the world. This is the event, in my opinion." He stands back, taking in her dress again: "My God, you're a vision. I feel like I say that every time I see you. But it's always the truth. Especially today."

Worm's eyes are wider than usual. And he's kind of happily bouncing in place. Like he's too excited to contain himself. Good shit, he thinks. Really good. He'll have to pick up some more. Quality blow, the kind that makes you feel plugged into the ever-beating heart of the universe, is hard to find.

"Glorious is right," the Goblin replies to Circe. "Never seen anything like it. I mean, wow. Just wow. What an occasion!" Some of his enthusiasm is substance-induced. But, mostly, it's a thrill to see two of the Lost get hitched. It's hard to find happiness after...everything. Even harder to find love. The prospect that some among their number are able to (even if marriage isn't his cup of tea) is a revelation.

Worm returns Sonnie's wave with a grin, "Hey, girl. You look amazing in purple, by the way." For amazing read fine as hell. "Ready to party or what?" Would the Beast be interested in the Colonel's party favors? Maybe. He plans to offer her some later. Never hurts to ask.

White-within-white eyes track Cassandra as she approaches John. Mostly because she's looking good too. Then his attention is back on Liam: "Of course I did! Do you think I'd miss this? Not on your life, big guy." He looks up at the Ogre with a feeling of camaraderie, happy to be by his side for the moment. "Feel too much? Don't we all. I mean, who could stay cold on a day like this?" Worm's not crying, but he's clearly...energized by the proceedings.

And then the fire works start and the Goblin looks up to watch the show. He's entranced, craning his neck, his upturned face bathed in the multi-colored light shed by the pyrotechnical display.

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

This was hard. Not that he wasn't happy for Seraphina and Rhodes-

No, on second thought there was a very vocal part in him that really wasn't happy for them. A life-long oath? Must be nice to be lucky like that. And this huge, lavishly decorated ceremony? It felt as if they were rubbing their happiness in everyone's face. Of course Gerrit realized where all those petty thoughts came from, but that didn't make it any easier to make them go away, to enjoy the party and be happy for the two Monarchs.

Oh well, he'd just have to get through this somehow. He returned to the party after 'getting some fresh air' - giving his facial muscles some time to relax after all the forced smiles he has been presenting - and reoriented himself. I still need to congratulate them. Right, and it might be better to just get it over with now. So, here came the touched smile again as he went over to the couple, not really engaging with anyone else for now. "Seraphina, Rhodes congratulations! I hope you live a long and happy life together!" Although he wore a new grey suit and black shirt he must look like a homeless mess next to the display of beauty of the Fairests.

The fireworks saved him from an extended conversations with them. Under the colorful cover he'd move away and make room for any other congratulants. His eyes were scanning the guests - should he go and talk to anyone? He wasn't really feeling like it. Maybe he could take a page out of John's book and fade into the background?

15. Likes Xadun, , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie just smiled innocently at Circe and Rhodes, as though what she has said hadn't suggested some sort of savage simian violence upon anyone that hurt her best friend. It wasn't a threat, of course. She didn't expect the Autumn King to be afraid. She'd merely made a statement of fact.

Nothing more needed to be said.

Besides, Sera was offering a hug and monkeys loved hugs! The Beast happily accepted and returned the embrace.

Eyes slid towards the food tables, where the catering was presented in all it's culinary glory. "You don't say? Curious. I shall have to investigate." She looked back to the Nix. "I'm glad your big day went so well. I was worried we'd forgotten something, or bad luck would strike, but we seem to be in the clear!"

Liam's offer was met with a laugh, "Thanks, but not in this dress!"

Unless...

No... no, we can't strip down at a wedding reception. That's a social faux pas.

She googled it and everything.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

17. Likes Origins, Xadun liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread