(Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"I can't wait to hear what Danny Boy sounds like. Or, I'm sure I can improvise over any other piece you pick." She's gotten quite good at it now. No longer fearful of it like she had been before... "I hope so too." I'd love to play it for John and Gerrit some day. Perhaps even simply at the symphony.

A ping starts to hit her again, feeling bad for disliking her so much before now. It is like it is impossible to dislike her when you are really talking to her. The sincerity in her words is so hard to trace back to being false. It just isn't. She's authentic, which she's never actually seen in a person before. "It's nice for once for sure." She hasn't been happy in so long. October through February were tough months. The Winter Coronation was so exhausting to put together on top of worrying about the nagging emotions building up inside of her, ones she just couldn't suppress. Like music, trying to get out.

She continues to listen and she smiles as Sera goes deeper into it. It is interesting hearing her talk about not using her voice to hurt others, given she is a Nix. It's what her Keeper made her, not what she chose to be. She's railing against it, which is admirable. Cassandra can't sympathize, but she can certainly empathize.

"Oh, it wasn't too much to share. It helps me understand you better. And, I'm really appreciative that you are comfortable enough to share." But could she share in return? "I can understand having to relearn how to play for others. Kind of. When I got out, I couldn't play. Every time I did, I just felt..." Could she even say it? "I felt dirty, like hands everywhere they weren't supposed to be. His voice in my ear, but I couldn't understand the words. I had to relearn how to play for myself, play because I loved it, not just out of obligation of having a gift." Instead of playing because it would make it stop if I just played better.

Never enough.

"All the facets of Love are the most inspiring thing I think you can think about when you play or sing. I'm so happy that that has become your inspiration, your musical guide. The Others tried to take it away from us and mold it to their liking, but we've overcome that, playing and singing despite or even in spite of them. I think it's the biggest proverbial middle finger we can give."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Beaming, “Then I think we should find out!” they could make quite a dangerous pair.

“Then hold on to it and don’t let it go for anything or anyone. Whatever you’ve got that stirs happiness, is something to never lose sight of.”
    It kept them safe. It kept their Keepers from winning, from stealing something else.

“I’ve always found it easier to be open once I’ve gotten to talk with someone privately. There are two faces we carry, those we show in public and those we show behind closed doors. It’s the one behind closed doors that speaks to me the most.” The one that tells her how open she can be. Then a more understanding nod, “It’s always amazed me how their voices stay with us, even years after escaping. The pitch, tone, it never changes, it’s always fresh. Always like they are right there.” Her voice soft. “I’m glad you relearned to play for yourself. Letting them take something like that from us is letting them keep something of us. Something they don’t deserve.” To her, it was a way of them keeping control over them.

Smiling, “Exactly! Letting them take that from us gives them a level of control. And I know I refuse to give them any control over my life. Being able to find love and use it to make beautiful music, is a way of showing them they cannot take everything from us. We are all strong and all have our own ways of sticking it to them.” It was nice to hear someone else seeing it that way.

“So what do you say? Wanna give it a go? See what your music and my voice can do?” mischief in her eyes. A hand absently touching the multicolored jewel hanging around her neck.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

It's nice talking with someone who gets it to a degree. It's so hard to dislike her, yet jealousy will always weave its way in and ruin the connections we work so hard to build. Maybe this is a time to start fresh. Maybe.

"Yes, let's," Cassandra says with a big smile, "I'll play the last line of the chorus as an intro," she says as she gets her fingers into position.

Play the Harp - 4 Successes

This time, the melody isn't quite as rich, but then, Cassandra's part isn't the main part. Cassandra is supporting Sera's voice, giving it a kind of strength. Perhaps her voice doesn't quite need it, but there's something about having an accompaniment that is more satisfying than singing acapella.

Normally, her mind would wander while she plays to something inspirational, something that helps her dig into a piece, but this time, everything is about how their individual instruments work together. Every weave of melody, every bit of beautiful dissonance, it's just right.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She was going to do. Singing in front of someone she didn’t really know, and her nerves were on edge. She knew her Entitlement had taken something away from her performances, and sometimes, it showed more than others. But she decides not to activate her necklace, and leaves the added benefits of her voice off, so to speak. There would be no clouding Cassandra’s mind, no demanding her full attention, nothing. Just her voice.

And while she knew she sounded good; she also knew it wasn’t perfect. It didn’t have the normal range it usually did, she failed. But she finished the song, as the Winter was providing a beautiful sound with her harp.

As the song comes to an end, sapphires look to the floor for a moment, “Sorry, that wasn’t my best.” And she sounded truly disappointed in herself. “But I do like how it sounds with your harp!”
    she knows she can sing better than that. Was she that out of practice?

3 successes

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

When the piece ends, Cassandra is more than satisfied. It was a balanced playthrough - something to be celebrated. But Sera was expressing self-doubt about her performance, which confused her to a degree. Their harmonies sounded incredible and while not 'perfect', it was something beautifully balanced.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Sera; your voice was wonderful. We balanced near perfectly together and that's something to be celebrated," she says with a large smile. "Perfect music doesn't exist. If it did, it would be lifeless. Music is a reflection of our humanity and humanity in itself is imperfect. The imperfections are what make it beautiful."

"Though, I know that doesn't really make one feel better about their performance. It did sound cool with the Harp and the piece really does suit your voice quite well. You're right to be practicing more Celt music. I could also see some Gershwin sounding great as well. The Man I Love I could see sitting in a good range for you too." She'd forgotten how much fun it is to actually be working with another musician. She hasn't played duets with other Lost since Phillip left. There's something different about it, knowing you're playing with someone who gets what you've been through to the slightest degree. Music will always flow best when the musicians really know each other.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She knew the Winter was right. The logical part of her brain knew she was right. But the part of her that was still stuck in the mindset of being with her Keeper was often stronger.

A small smile, “I know you’re right, it’s just hard sometimes.” She knew the Winter would understand. "But thank you." a warmer smile offered.

“Gershwin? I don’t think I am familiar with that. I’ll look into it.” Making a mental note of the name. “But I really enjoyed this, and I hope we can do it more often, maybe even put on a show for the Freehold sometime. Or just doing this more often, it was nice.” And she meant it. It had been a long time since she sang with someone providing live music. It was a welcome experience, and one she hoped would continue.

So sorry it took me so long to reply
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread