(John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He smiled up at the pair of Fairest, he appreciated their concern he just didn't know what else he could to but to make it through it. Though when his thoughts wandered and there was more conversation he puffed at his cigarette knowing he was probably letting his friends down and that wriggling doubt kept pushing him to do more. He gave a tired blink, a tired half smile pulling at his lip. "I'd went through a cup and a half, sadly the last half was cold when I woke up. Cold coffee just isn't the same, unless it's Iced at least. Or cold brew. I don't have much but I'm trying where I can. Like now." He finished with a smile and a cigarette though his eyes did glance at the Zodiac watch on his wrist.

John wondered if it was a Fairest thing to be able to always look that elegant, like it was as easy as breathing. Then no matter what he did he always seemed to fade into the background, something to talk to Rhodes about maybe. Though Colonel Worm's tale cut off those thoughts as he got pulled into it. "The bruise definitely shows up more than the tan, good to hear you won though. Are these fights strictly legal now?" There was a bit of a twinkle there, no judgement in his nearly emotionless voice but there was a bit of curiosity. He didn't have a reason to know except maybe the allure of it all.

"Psychology, working on my license so I can practice therapy. Right now I mostly do social work for organizations like AA and NA. What brand..." He waved his cigarette in the air in Worm's direction, it was always good to know in case he had to bum one, not that he'd turn it down either way but he had a preference.

He knew it was rude to not get up and greet everyone properly but he was going to take what time he could to just sit there smoking even if he had to smoke two or three. "Sweating profusely mostly. How are you Ram, dreams been ok?"

Goes by the name: John

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Thank you," She responds to Seraphina with a smile, looking down at the skirt of her dress. Wrap dresses lately were becoming a favorite of hers. "We are prepping for an end of the Summer concert. Summer Romance. And by romance, in a pun, they mean Romantic Era pieces. We have a few guest vocalists joining us. Can't have the Romantic Era without the voice. Those beautiful double dotted sixteenth notes in vocal lines are what practically make the era." She realizes she's talking about things most probably wouldn't get. "Um, but yeah. End of the Summer for that one if you want to come see it. I'm working on a duet with a mezzo, so that should be fun too."

She gives a smile over to CW, who she feels bad about constantly ending conversations poorly with. The amount of times she's just walked away without realizing... it's embarrassing. "Oh, thank you. Good to know the other guy is hurting comparatively." She chuckles a little bit.

Ram arrives and she gives a big smile, "Hey, Ram. I feel like we haven't spoken in a hot minute." She keeps in her seated position next to John, not really wanting to stand up and potentially leave him feeling like he needs to stand if he doesn't want to. Or maybe he does. Is she keeping him from standing up? No. Anxiety. "I'm doing pretty good, a little tired, but good." that was true. Things were crap sleep wise, but aside from that, could she really complain? "What have you been up to?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dry heat blasts out, the for a certain Summer has her mantle at full blast as she has finished her own hard work.

The queen of Summer is dressed for utility tonight. Ponytail, jumpsuit, tool belt, and boots. Circe has tied off the sleeves around her waist to cool off. The halter top breaks up the mechanic image almost as much as her shoulder holster. The most notable accessory however was neither these nor the large pizza box and giant soda cup she was drinking from. The bandages on her right arm that is a little red against her blue flesh? That is probably it.

"Oh, hey? How ya doin' folks?" And wow, John looked like he needed a serious nap time. "John, ya look like ya need a bed. All I have is Mantle heated meat pizza. Oooh," she notices Colonel Worm's face, "Colonel? Nice shiner," Circe smirks at him but doesn't make a hand gesture, as they are occupied. She walks into the middle of group and holds up the pizza box. "Anybody fer a meatlovers slice?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was a frown, which quickly turned into a smile, “As long as you’re ok.” Then a chuckle and shake of her head, “I suppose in a way it does.” She could play along. Hiding bruises from sparring was something she never did. Maybe she thought it made her look distinguished.

“Oh, working on my tan is something I need to do!” she barely had taken any time to lay out by her pool. “Busy, but busy is good!” at least to her.

Now Ram? That guy was hard to miss! With his huge arms and barrel chest, he stood out. A warm happy smile was offered to him, “Hey Ram! How are you doing?” asks the Nix. “Doing good, thanks for asking.” He was a good guy.

“Then it’s a good thing you know someone who has iced coffee, cold brew and even nitro brew. Let me know next time and I’ll drop some off for you.” But she knew that look. It was the look of someone stretching themselves too thin. “Don’t be afraid to take a night or two off.” Since she had started doing it, things had improved.

From John to CW and back, “Wait, there is like, a club for this?” sapphires wide, “When can I get an invite?!” clearly wanting one. Her skills had improved since the last accident.

But Cassandra captures her attention, “Oh! Those sound-like wonderful shows! I will defiantly be coming to see them! I’m especially curious to the voices and what they add.” Now she was excited.

Hearing Circe, she waves, then frowns, “You’re hurt too?!” concern in her voice, “Are you ok? Anything I can fix?” more than willing to take care of that for her.

At the offer of pizza, a translucent hand snatches a slice, “Thank you!”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm greets Ram with a big grin and a bigger wave, "Big guy! What a sight for sore eyes! Or eye," he corrects, clearly referring to his shiner. "How ya been?"

To John now: "Oh, not even close to legal, boss. That wouldn't be any fun. I like my fights clandestine and my money dirty, you know? You ever want to watch, I can give you a heads up next time around. I love an audience." Of course he does. Sera's question makes him chuckle, "Not a club. More like there are people who want to bet on people beating the shit out of each other. Outside the bounds of the law, you know what I mean? I'm one of the guys in the ring. Though I place some bets too." Usually on himself. It's not hubris if you know you'll win. That's just smart money.

Back to John: "And psychology, huh? Maybe, once you're all certified, you can take a look under my hood." He taps his head with a long, red finger. "Might need a tune up." More like a complete overhaul.

A long drag off his butt, still eyeing the Darkling. "If I have my choice? Camels. Full flavor, baby. I'm not picky though." The goblin exhales a column of smoke. "You?"

A wink to Cass, "No need to thank me. I tell the truth for free, darlin'."

Worm would recognize that blast of dry heat anywhere. Turns on his heel and goes straight into a sweeping bow, "Your majesty, how enchanting to see you this fine summer eve." He peeks up from his prostration, "You like it?" he asks, referring to his black eye. Straightens: "I was just telling Sera here that I think it really classes up my look." Without a second thought, he snags a slice of the offered pizza and takes an ample bite, chewing happily.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram chuckled when John mentioned the heat, even though this definitely didn’t compare to midday. Maybe it was a Darkling thing. “Maybe you need to make a deal with the Eternal Summer. First clause is free,” he joked before answering the question he’d been asked “Dreams have been alright. Well, sort of. Nothing I didn’t do myself. Just busy. Was able to track down my fetch with Rhodes’ help through some dream paths and Circe’s and Titania’s assistance we were, umm, able to find stuff out.” Did he want to mention his name? His new/old/real name? He hadn’t really thought about it in the rush to get his fetch. He took a deep breath… and decided to wait.

“I was just thinking that too!” he laughed when Cassandra mentioned the time between their conversations “You should have come thrown cupcakes during the coronation. Would have gotten a free frosted t-shirt out of it,” he said with a big grin and a wink to Sera.

“Been keeping busy. Preparing for the patrol. Should be ready to head out soon. But then you know that since you’ll be coming as navigator. Let’s see, going to be giving Frances a visit, try and fix things with her.“ He still sounded a little melancholy at that but quickly moved on with news. “Aaand, there’s my fetch. Hopefully be taking care of it in the next month or so, one way or another. If everything goes well will even be taking over its life.” He smiled. “How about you? How’s archery going?”

As if remembering there was another question he wanted to he turned momentarily to Seraphina “I’m good. I wanted to make sure I asked you when I saw you, any movement on your construction project?” He left it vague in case she still wanted to talk with others privately, so he didn’t put pressure on her. If she wanted she could just talk about her business expansion plans.

“Doing alright,” he answered to Worm but it seemed he was talking illegal fighting ring stuff with John so he didn’t interrupt.

“I’ll take some meatlovers,” he said, making the short distance over to Circe while letting the others know he wasn’t abandoning the conversation. As he grabbed a slice he mentioned in a softer tone “If you’re hurt probably best if get it fixed now before we all start worrying.” He gave her sympathetic look to let her know he meant it kindly.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hrnh?" The cazzo they all on about? Me hurt? Wait! Circe looks down to the thin bandage with the long line of red. "Oh. That," the elven Summer nods her head towards her arm, "Just a long nick from a screwdriver, electrical panel was being a bitch." Circe sips from her soda, loudly, again. "Pretty much a papercut. Stopped bleeding long while ago, it is a lot less then it looks. Ya don't need ta worry about it folks." That would explain the size of the red for a minor injury. The elf had no problem with her current injury healing naturally.

Circe then hears the word psychology being discussed. Some was going to be a shrink, to give a tune up? That gets a smirk to Colonel Worm, "Just be careful about getting after market parts installed at the time. Certified only is best Mr. Worm. No cheap foreign parts."

"And I think yer face has taken more of a shine ta that accessory than I ever could, oh ho ho ho!" Of course she set up a pun. "Truly a mark worthy of victory. Naturally ya won the battle, saved a princess, and have all the coins of the Mushroom Kingdom as reward." That attempt at a metaphor was running away from her at ludicrous speeds.

Then Circe gasps as she turns upon Seraphina, "Yer wearing a hardhat for a project without involving me? Oh gasp, I am so upset at such secrecy, oh most dramatic of gasps. I may faint," with a tone that is bacon for a comparison to bad B-film acting.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"The lights are still on." He said with a tired smile to Sera, he didn't want to worry her further he just had to fight his way through it. John enjoyed the passion and exuberance Cassandra always spoke about her work. Seems he'd have to plan on others being there though, he'd have to figure out a strategy for that. Circe's arrival dismissed those thoughts, the bandage catching his eye but her words got out before his and he couldn't help but chuckle. "Does that actually work? I'm more than happy to take a slice as an experiment." Hunger not normally being thing for John but he really couldn't remember when his last meal was and his stomach was screaming at him to eat as soon as he smelled that pizza.

"I just woke up from an unexpected nap actually." Not wanting to think about tanning at all, the scorching death rays of the evil day moon burning his skin. "I'll have to swing by for an emergency thermos of cold brew before I study next time then." John knew more than a few pharmaceutical substances he could take to help with this, but he knew how dark that road could go if walked down.

The fact the fights were illegal drew out the pulp enthusiast inside him, pulling at his imagination and capturing his attention. "I didn't think they were." Given an invitation to watch, it wasn't normally John's scene but he usually don't have to worry about standing out anywhere. "Yea, let me know I'll come watch. Maybe I can give you some insights into your opponent." The smile turned into a grin as he built up expectations in his own mind.

"If you're serious I'm more than happy to help. Not all our damage can be so obvious." He nodded to the eye and then over at Circe's bandage. Their lives were mad enough and it was easy to fall into that spiral. Though Circe's attempt at a metaphor got a soft snort from John that turned more into a soft laugh as he looked up at Ram. "That's tempting, think Winter could help me there too but your option is the more polite one I think. Good they're at least mostly routine now."

Though as talk about the fetch happened John took a deep drag of his cigarette and held the smoke in for a long second before letting it go. It was an uncomfortable topic, a tricky one with lots of ethical implications. It wasn't a person but it was sentient, it had emotion, experience, so was it murder? He took another drag and looked around at everyone knowing his moralizing is what's gotten him into trouble before. His eyes moving to stare at a point on the ground for a long second before he could swallow that lump in his throat.

Thankfully there was Circe's bad acting and the Colonel's hanging question he had to address, he blinked a couple of times trying to let his chest relax so he could answer. "Even if given my choice I always go to American Spirits. It's what I've always smoked and if I'm real hard up I can always hand roll them on the cheap."

Goes by the name: John

Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam was practically bounding into Funderland that night. He'd just heard back from the job offer at Sera's jazz club, and he'd been accepted! Liam swore he'd almost broken the managers' hand with the handshake he gave.

Who to tell first? Why bother choosing when anyone and everyone could be found behind Funderland's gates?

It didn't take long for the Giant to catch the sound of conversation, and soon rumbling footsteps slowed to an excited power-walk. "Hey everyone! I got a new job!" He pauses, briefly embarrassed at pulling attention, but then he sees the pizza and his Ogre brain kicks in. "Wow! Is there a party going on here." He moves over to Sera with an eager smile. "Hey, Sera! I applied to that jazz club you mentioned, and they hired me. I'm their newest bartender!" True to form, the Spring Sovereign's recommendation had gone a long way.

He waves to all those assembled. The enthusiasm beginning to temper as he wants to make sure he doesn't completely overpower the conversations going on.
    "Any chance there's a spare slice?"
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

15. Likes Origins liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

There is still that pang of jealousy that Sera keeps pushing to see that John is okay. Offering coffee at her shop. Urgh. Just shut up already and leave him alone about it. He doesn't like to be spotlighted like that. Really, she'd much rather be the one taking care of him and making sure he's okay, even when he'll say he's fine. She's his partner. It's her job to make sure he feels supported, seen, and nagged to be better with his health. She's very glad he's accepting food from Circe though. He doesn't eat enough.

Cassandra shakes her head at Circe's question, "No thank you. More for the rest of you," she says with a little chuckle, but does note the injury. Though, Circe is a Summer Queen. Injury is pride practically, isn't it?

She looks to Sera with a smile, "I'll make sure to grab some comp tickets then. It's nice having friends to support me." A good way to ignore the real reason John was always at her concerts. Good friends are there to support their friends. Obviously.

Cassandra gives a pleasant smile back to CW at the wink, "Of course you do." See. She can have a conversation with him without running away. For now. She'll probably forget about him and accidentally do it again. Or she could just avoid most conversation with him? Who knows. It would be cool to see him beat some people up though. It's been a good while since she's seen a good fight.

Ram going on about the Patrol gives her the slightest bit of anxiety. It isn't that she isn't proud of her navigating skills. No, she's quite proud of those. It's the idea of possibly stumbling across worse beasts than the bugs she dealt with before. Being stung to sleep like a helpless Sleeping Beauty. And then the fetch. She's just left hers alone. What is the point? She is 18 years her senior practically. She'd never be able to pass as her. Just let her live her life.

"Yeah, maybe I should have thrown a cupcake or two. Maybe the dress needed a splash of color," She chuckles, "Next time perhaps. I am looking forward to the Patrol. It'll hopefully go better..." She leaves it at that. Losing Ethan. Yeah, let's not go there. "I've been practicing up with navigation, so we really should be good on that end now. Hopefully. You never know what the Hedge will throw at you." Weird now thinking about the fact that she's actually doing pretty well in the Hedge. She used to just straight never go.

"Good to know about your Fetch. Taking over its life could be difficult, but you seem like you're fully up to the challenge, which is good." Still, her opinions on that she'd keep to herself. "Archery has been going well. I actually thought of you the other day when I got home. My arms felt like jelly and all I could think was 'Ram warned against this'." She laughs, "But I feel stronger and my shot is improving. I'm no Merida, but I'm feeling pretty good about it." Soon she'll be ready to move onto some more advanced technique.

Liam joins and Cassandra gives him a polite wave of hello.

17. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread