Watch

(2108) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"So... slow month. Where is everybody? Very few are around. Do we have August off in Sacramento? To be honest, I arrived last year, late September, so I wouldn't know."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nice!"

Arcana are always cool. Puck had been doing his own studies, though he wasn't an adept.

"I've been looking into Space and Time, though I'm only an initiate of the first and an apprentice of the latter. Been more focused on my career at the Bee then the mysteries themselves since I came to Sacramento."

All about the work-Truth balance over here. Apparently Winter agrees. Or was that disapproval? Should he ask? The guy seemed a bit antisocial. Or maybe awkward? The Realms knew Puck struggled with what to say during small talk on plenty of occasions. Also big talk, but that wasn't something that needed to be brought up.

"Hope your big day has a bigger turnout then this. It'd just kill the mood if it's just you two and a third wheel."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"I prefer more private meetings myself", he replies curt. "Any roadblocks you've hit in your study of Time?", he asks interested, it was always worth fishing from the point of view from another Path.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Puck, speaking of your studies... I have hit a kind of roadblock in my studies. The Mysterium of Sacramento has recently acquired, thanks to Guru , a bizarre thing and I am looking for clues about it. The issue is that information on the supernatural is notoriously hard to find. While this is good news for Winter here, it is not so good when I try to find reliable, not washed down information on a cursed thing and how to deal with it.

While not asking for a commitment from yourself at this time - as I need to consult with my Order first and all, I would like to know whether you are able to 'bolster' my luck as I scour through various books and records of the supernatural to find the one hidden gem in the huge haystack. It may not be necessary, as we may find other avenues to study this thing in order to deal with it, but at this point, with the time I have to devote to skimming through tons of bullcrap to find the motes of truth, I think it may indeed rely on manipulating fate to accidentally stumble on the right path.
    "

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Only my ignorance of Space." Puck smirked a bit before shrugging. "I never really realized how difficult it was to locate something that's not temporally and spatially within sight. I'm an Initiate of Space now, so hopefully I can get it down soon. Still, I might need to call some folks back home to ask about some rotes. I've been struggling with one layer of sympathy and now I'm adding another. I mean, I think I got it overall, but it's a steep learning curve."

And then Corn poses his inquiry, and one word in particular catches his attention.

"Cursed how? Fate is my forte, or I can just help you pour over the books when you find a library. Alternatively you could try a practitioner of Prime. It has a spell for analyzing items of power that might be worth while."

And would you look at that? There's an Obrimos in the room. This is why Puck keeps the Winds of Chance blowing strong.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"Can you be sure that using spells on the item, any spell, even from a distance, won't activate the item and affect the viewer? I am not.
    And I don't want to turn to a monster like the hapless guy that was in possession of this thing.

Before we start poking a cursed item - Guru can tell you more about it - with spells, in the Mysterium we try to find things to read about it first. It is safe and contained at the time. But personally, and I believe most of my order, would prefer to first see what others may have said about this thing or similar things before we go start investigating again. This is not trying to avoid to re-inventing the wheel. This is trying to avoid re-discovering fire, since fire burns.
    If we run out of options, then we will start poking as danger is an unavoidable part of our trade and seeking knowledge. But if we can do it a bit more safely, I don't mind reading first. The item is safe as it is. We're playing with a loaded gun here Puck.
    "

Then, he turned to Winter .
    "Winter, do you know anything about that item perhaps? Have you or your order heard of anything like that? A cursed item that turns people to monsters? I am pretty sure the guardians don't want such things to make the rounds and I believe your order may have kept track of such items. Could you perhaps take a look?"

Me the player is not aware of where this item comes from any more than Corn is. I didn't follow the story that led to its discovery.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Show me and I'll let you know what I find", he says without much interest, "Shouldn't be too dangerous if we take the necessary precautions"

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Do what you think is best."

Sounded like a bunch of chickens beating around the bush to Puck. It wasn't his item though, so it wasn't his prerogative on what to do with it.

He nods in agreement to Winter. This is what armor and counterspells are for. Or dispels? Prime. This is what Prime is for.

"I'll listen for a call if you want."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He nods, "Talk me about this relic of yours. Between the three of us, there's probably enough knowledge to attempt unraveling its mystery"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

"I think it's better if we do that with Guru present." Corn said.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread