Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx pauses, debating how far to express things. But he was her friend. And words had to reflect soul.

"In part," she admitted. "Puck seems determined to argue anything, often without forethought as to assessing someone else's why. I am sure he has those reasons, but I am still trying to understand his." She sips her tea. "But I have also learned "politics" is just a different name for negotiating with people's opinions, beliefs and obligations in a formal setting, where the outcomes can affect governance. The Aegis was a statement about the Arrows, protection. Veiled threats was joining old powers and new - powerful magi like Star and Campenella, showing unity of older mages and new faces but none connected to the Concillium. And now, you. We are so small that creating a block generates friction. Councils. Cabals. They all create conflict, where people can grow.... or become locked in the fight without aiming for a greater purpose."

The Arrow takes a slow breath. "Moreover if you has a councillor in your cabal their loyalties can become divided between path, Cabal and order. It is a difficult path to walk. My point is anything can be seen as "political" regardless of intent. In banding together are you suggesting the concillium is insufficient? I am not thinking you are," she holds up a hand gently, " I am just... considering. I have had to muse such things often and politics is fraught with shrouds and intrigue. It makes things... challenging. I have been forcing myself to consider these options. It can be unpleasant."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens to Phoenyx attentively, without commenting until she is done. Then he smiles. "So, you're talking to me, as a friend, just kind of...concerned that I might be starting something without having thought about what the reaction might be, right?" He asks.

"Annnd maybe just a little bit asking as the Arrow and a Councillor what the purpose of the Cabal would be, maybe?" Kaze asks with a smile.

He nods, "As a friend, I can tell you that I've been thinking about wanting to form a Cabal since my trial." He says. "I deserved to be held accountable, but I also felt really, unrepresented, I guess, being an Apostate and by my Path, with Winter being our Councillor at the time and being charged in the same meeting. So...yean I am good with my reasons, and...well, people are always going to have their own interpretations. I can't let that stop me from trying to do the right thing, when I think something is the right thing."

"Officially, though. I can't speak for the others. We still need to work out what we are all comfortable with, as far as the official reason from the Cabal, what we all agree on." He says.

"I remember though, Campanella and Aurora both being in a Cabal while they were both Councillors, right? And in the same Order too? I mean, they are both incredibly Wise people, so I'm not saying Eulogy is on their level, even though I really respect him a lot, and he might surprise you."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx shakes her head. "I was not assuming you had not considered it. I just wanted to know what your thoughts were."

Eyes narrow just a little. "I have to keep track of these things. There are no Heralds, no people whose role it is to pass information, so I have to do the legwork myself. No-one seems to share important details. If I have to induct new Arrows or Obrimos I need to know. I don't care what you do as long as you adhere to the laws. I'm just tired of people insinuating I have ulterior motives." She looks down, scowling at the cup.

She sighed. "You don't have to give an official reason. I'm just trying to learn."

A small nod. "That is true. I am sure that they have had to make similar choices. I am just making sure your members are similarly thoughtful."

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey, hey." Kaze says, gently. "Phoenyx. It's me. I'm on your side. I will back you up, as Councillor, as Arrow, as you."

Kaze sighs. "I might do it all by myself, because I am just not interested in trying to set things up where I'm in charge and people have to come along with me whether they agree or not, but I have your back." He says earnestly. "I'm not going anywhere, promise."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Thew First Talon frowns, looking somewhat abashed. "Sorry. I have had to defend my views a lot lately. And the challenge is good, to allow my ability to understand the Arrow philosophy to grow..." she sighs. "It it... tiring, some times, to be an Arrow. To always facing those challenges. I suppose it has left me somewhat defensive."

She looks up, dark eyes watching. "People have to know their own mind. Should your Cabal form I would hope you announce yourselves at the next Concillium. That should be enough tome to clame a territory and collectively put your affairs in order."

9. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods and smiles, "It's okay. 'I am and aways shall be, your friend'." He says, acknowledging Phoenyx's apology like it's normal and he's used to it when wow he is definitely not and impressed but doesn't want to embarrass her by pointing that out. The Star Trek quote will almost certainly go unnoticed, but he means it.

"Yeah. Definitely. That's the plan. First Council meeting after we agree to form the Cabal, we will announce it. Hey, do you have any ideas or suggestions for territory we should claim as being responsible for? Like, is there a particular part of town you would like us to claim? As the Arrows, patrolling all around, I mean."

11. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The First Talon smiles a little. "Thank you." If she recognises the reference, there is no sign.

Phoenyx drains the last of her tea and sets the cup down, looking thoughtful. "I think that should be down to you and your cabal-mates." She shrugs. "I won't be patrolling another Cabal's terrtitory. I have to prioritise, and that means watching over the Circle. Probably even if more Arrows arrive. Just find a location close to your members. Maybe with a Hollow. They will probably look to you for defending a territory. That is a part of claiming somewhere - you need to defend it as well. Although..." she says slowly, "I would avoid West Sacramento. In case Star and Campenella return and wish to reignite the Veiled Threats territory."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, listens attentively, nods.

"Yeah, I can see that. And honestly, the West side of the river is kind of...I don't know,a little too urban professional for me personally." He says.

Kaze shrugs. "Like you said, it's a thing. We'll have to work it out." He says nonchalantly.

"How about you, Phoenyx? Have you heard anything about when they're going to send you some help?" He asks, not identifying that he means the Arrows when he says 'they' but somehow it's clear in tone, coming from one former Arrow to a current one.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The First Talon shrugs. "No. Last report I sent got the response that with the Seer presence continuing to be low in the area, there are no plans to add more Arrows from larger Concilliums. And since there remains a Concillium here, there needs to be at least a small presence." She smiles. "Besides, people would get into trouble without me here."

Phoenyx takes a slow breath. "It gives me plenty of time to refine my skills, both as a magus and as a person. I have been considering looking at entirely new spheres of magic, trying to understand how they work. Space, or Time perhaps. Something a little less direct than Force."

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins and nods, "Yeah, Alastor really showed a lot of what you can do with Time. I definitely want to learn more of it. But with Space and Prime, I think you could basically just sense where magic is being used in the whole city!" He exclaims.

He shakes his head, "I don't know about Time, though. I mean, the people I knew who studied it...were pretty hard to understand. Actually, Fate too. Both of those seem to really change your perspective, like to the point where it's kinda hard to relate to where other people are coming from anymore, I feel like." He ventures.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread