Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
PrP Tunnel Trip

Jun 14, 2021 : Tunnel Trip Team Text
(PrP) Tunnel Trip Telegraph
Jul 16, 2021 - Aug 18, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam takes in the assessment from the crew. He certainly was grateful for their concern, even if the risk seemed fairly minor considering it would be rats vs a 7-foot tall treant. It wouldn't be the first time he'd stepped on critters, though he'd prefer to avoid it if he could. "True. And I'd hate to run the risk of causing more damage than we have to. Maybe we could use that as a backup plan? If anybody falls in, I go down and help 'em up. I can probably take a lot more bite marks than most." Not to say the Fairest weren't capable of defending themselves, but he was an Ogre; he was literally made to take and give hits. "After the rest of you cross safely, I should be able to make the jump across. Maybe there'll be something further down we can use to make a safer bridge for the return trip?" It certainly wouldn't hurt to look for components, and they would likely have to retrace their steps anyway.
    Circe's mention of fire brings a grimace to Liam's face. "Not if I can help it." He quickly turns to the Larcenist with an apologetic expression. "Sorry! Just...not a big fan of fire." He could, in fact, vouch that fire was bad.
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

2. Likes Origins liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Okay, touchι," Cassandra says to Circe, conceding to her point on the mob of rats. "Maybe it's the Summer, but I'm feeling daring. I'll go ahead and climb across. Liam if I fall, it would be nice if you could fish me out and I'll pray the rats are kind. When I get to the other side, I'll see if there is anything there that could help, but I doubt it."

She hoped she wouldn't need the assist though. Thus far, her skill with basic survival techniques and navigating have been going well. It's only a matter of time before things get hairy and she gets them lost. She hoped it wouldn't happen like that.

Climb Across - 2 Successes

The Fairest moves, positioning herself in as best a position as she can to drop down just enough to get a foot hold and climb the way to the other side. At first, she felt wobbly, but she manages to keep her footing. Toward the end, there is a fluidity to her movements and she successfully makes it across. Before really speaking, she takes a quick look around, making sure there is nothing too dangerous on this end or anything else impeding their path.

Perception - Failure

Maybe it is the climb across wearing her out a little or the change in lighting being further from the group, but, not seeing much of anything, she ends up turning her focus more back to the group. "Made it across. I can help take a hand at the end for who's next."

4. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Looking thoughtful for a moment, she looks to Circe, “You know? I’m not completely sure. I know I’m able to reduce the impact of illnesses and toxins, so,” a shrug, “maybe?” not that she was eager to test it.

Laughing, she looks to Liam, “Well, you might get to do just that. Being athletic is not really my thing, so I think I’m heading down into the hole.” Smiling and still slightly laughing. She obviously wasn’t worried; she knew where her weaknesses were.

Watching the Winter, she follows suit. Repositioning her bag, she lowers herself into the hole. And while she wasn’t very graceful, she managed to do it. Her steps were slow and careful, not wanting to step on any of the rats.

Making it to the other side, she gets herself up, then turns to shine her flashlight to help Circe and Liam. But she really needed to work on her athletics.

1 success

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

(Jump. Moving all around.)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Thaaaat's worrisome," was Circe's response to Seraphina, "I go rabid, I'm coming down here with a flamethrower." Circe was a Summer.

"That's less fun but saves ammo," she admits to the rest choosing a bypass. Except Liam. "Okay, okay," Circe says to Liam, "Fire bad fer the woodsmen, I'll leave that option out." For now.

Then Cass and Sera go down and over. Well, "Boring," was her response. "Let's hop ta showing 'em up, eh Liam." She says to him with a smile. Circe stretches her legs, and decides to be more energetic about it. She walks away from the ditch, back the way they came. Then? Runs back to jump across.

"Hup!"

1 success

Thud. "Cazzo di cagna!" Circe shouts as her arms are on the lip of the other side, but she is not. A groan escapes blue lips, "Not boring."

Well, it certainly was not.

Narration:
    Cassandra makes enough successes to cross down and out without too much contact with rats. The Onyx Thane does not see the danger on the path. Nor does she see the rat droppings she steps it whilst in the ditch, kind of a given for that to be there though. As Seraphina will attest. Sadly, Seraphina is slowed down by a little less free movement with the rats in her way. And they aren't happy with the impromptu ashiatsu massage from Seraphina. It is fortunate for both girls the rats seem more interested in moving aside then in fighting back. Perhaps Circe's was more ornery, explaining its solo act.

Circe's jump is, less then effective. She probably jumped far too early. Gauging a jump usually helps, she should remember this. Together, Seraphina and Cassandra should have no trouble helping her up (no roll needed). Mocking may be appropriate.

ooc: I rolled for rat aggression on everyone, and nobody triggered them that crossed! Nor did the one failure to cross
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam watches nervously as the Fairest begin their travel path...

Cassandra climbs down the ditch and makes it to the other side. Good for her! She really is good at all this scouting stuff.

Sera takes a little longer, and Liam almost starts biting his nails in worry. But the Spring Monarch eventually makes it to the other side, and he breathes a huge sigh of relief. Of course she was going to make it. Sera's no wilting flower. Though I'm sure glad I didn't let her get hurt on my watch. If Sonnie didn't smack him over the head for that, he certainly wouldn't want to risk the chilling wrath of Rhodes.

Circe's encouragement does help lift his spirits though. The hard part of the crossing was over, now the two bruisers could
    flex a little muscle. The Summer Monarch starts her run towards the ditch, and Liam ponders Sure she can make that jump. And then she lands just short and he almost blurts out Are you alright? But, seeing that she was more annoyed than hurt, he spares her the potential embarrassment but shutting up.

It comes to his turn. The Giant takes several steps back, braces himself to charge, and then...
    1 success

Templeton!!! The name stuck in his head as the little rat scurries into the Giant's path. He hop-skips to avoid crushing the little rodent, and his jump similarly brings him just to the lip of the opposite end of the ditch, his massive arms and chest clinging to dirt and broken bridge bits. He sheepishly turns to Circe. "Hey there, how's it hanging?" ​Good Lord that was stupid.

10. Likes Origins liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra grimaces a little, watching everyone catch up, a sense of worry in her, particularly when the Summer and Ogre just decided to jump for it. In the end, at least, they all made it over in one piece. "Everyone alright?" She looks at everyone, trying to make sure no one is particularly freaked out. Well, if anyone were injured, that is what they have Sera for.

"Let's keep a good eye out as we go. I feel like we are starting to move into some lightly rocky territory if this way has a hole this big. A note that we'll have to cross that again on the way back. Maybe we'll end up finding something to help with it," she says with a little shrug and gives a faint smile. Things are going far better than they could be, so that's nice. By now, they could be lost in what can feel like a wee maze and that would be scary.

Not really seeing much for danger ahead, she waits for everyone to get back into a formation before beginning looking at the path again, trying to judge which way they should follow the tunnel that will go along with the markings they've seen before. If the markings they've seen before are there at all.

Navigation - 2 Successes

Perception - Failure

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Laughing, “I’m sure I’d be able to take care of you.” She assures the Summer with a smile. The Nix liked the elf, she considered her a good friend and would do everything in her power to help her.

“Less fun, but it saved me from embarrassing myself with my lack of jumping skill.” A wink added. She was never worried about embarrassing herself, but failing was never fun. But she did carefully watch the Summer. And with the landing seeming to be safe, she felt relieved. Sure, she could handle any injury they might encounter, but that would slow them down. And she was eager to see what the tunnels held.

And as Liam made his way, she watched again. Translucent hands flexing in case. But he makes it. Though not with much grace. Though can one really be graceful when jumping?

Nodding to Cassandra, “Finding something to help bridge the gap would be great.” Not to mention, they would have to bridge it if they decided to put the tunnels to use. Then nods again as the Winter seemed eager to continue moving. Her eyes looking at the walls and ground, looking for anything useful, or anything that would signal danger.

1 success
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Armfully," is her response to Liam, though the Mantle that had flared in heat, driving away the rats, does die down. Circe would give the Treeman credit, his humor wasn't wooden, though quite dry. Circe makes it up, eventually, despite having her ego bruised. She was a gunslinger, not a gun kata parkour videogame heroine. Circe waves off Seraphina's amusement. Though their team's druid had failed too, so yay that. "Okay, everybody!" And suddenly shouting too as she points to Cassandra, "Do that. Bridge, very good, that option. Also, watch for bitey rats."

Whence Circe walks ahead this time, she is making a slight kicking motion with her feet. If she steps on anything this time, it'll be after having kicked it away first.

Nope

Circe had no idea where she was though, not after getting the wind knocked out of her by her own stunt. Good thing Cass did. She'd just watch for the trail of stained stone. Oh, and it looked like the path was wheelchair friendly, she'd joke about that later.

1 success

Nar: Seraphina and Circe do see a few of the shiny rock reflections of old oil stains. It helps they know what they are looking for. And that there is only one primary path for a good ten minutes. Cassandra doesn't notice any of them. Maybe she is distracted by the "tough" duo utterly failing to show up her and Seraphina at crossing a pit?

The only offshoots for the tunnel are a couple of cul-de-sacs, probably for sharing the path. The path slopes downwards for the last minute, certainly a ramp. It ends at a large archway.

They have come to another notable area. This time it is a gallery cave, tall enough ceiling that Liam would have to ride on someone's shoulders to possibly touch said ceiling. There is much more detritus here, dust discolors what is present making it tough to tell what is present, but there is piles of garbage. There are two additional archways. Cassandra, with her masterful maintaining of her navigation, knows one opens East and the other North.

Everyone make a scent based perception roll for the North tunnel, with a +3 bonus. You may also scrounge the detritus piles to see if there is anything useful present. Use Crafts, Perception, or Survival rolls. Or get creative.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

14. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam grimaced, more out of embarrassment than pain. "I'm fine Cassandra. Thanks for asking." But he really did appreciate Cassandra's concern. Pulling himself up onto solid ground, Liam checks back across the ditch towards the wheelbarrow he'd abandoned in his haste to clear the gap. "Guess we'll really need a bridge at some point." But, with nothing perishable in the wheelbarrow, at least they didn't have to worry about the rats.

As the group continues down the tunnels, Liam lets the Fairest lead the way, rolling his shoulders to ease out any kinks. Even if he'd failed the jump, his compatriots were being good sports about it and nobody got hurt. If anything, this was turning into a more exciting adventure than he'd planned on. Even without ancient ruins to be discovered.

The Giant feels a rush of relief as the ceiling opens up around him in the new chamber. He briefly notes both doorways, and after seeing no immediate danger breaks off towards the garbage piles. "Maybe there's something in here that could be bridge-worthy."
    3 successes

As he searches, Liam's nostrils flare as a strange scent drifts towards him from one of the tunnels. ​What is that?
    2 successes

16. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra nods. It would be a good time to do a little looking around for materials. See if they can spot anything that they might be able to put together crafting wise to make a bridge. And this was the perfect place to do so, even though it's kind of gross. How long had this stuff been out here? How rotted could all the materials be? Moldy? They'll have to see.

If they do get lucky, even if she can't find the materials herself, The Artist might at least be able to figure out how to put together what they have. Maybe. Sometimes life does like to throw you lemons once you've had a little too much sugar to balance you out.

"Sounds good. It's a good area to take a bit to do that, I think regardless. We've gone quite a ways."
    She takes a moment to make a few markings on her map before closing it up and placing it in her pack again. She'll take it back out once they're ready to navigate again.

First, the Fairest takes a moment to really get a sense of the area before taking a look around to see what she can find.

Perception smell - 3 Successes

Bridge materials? 1 Success

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread