Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2105)A stone between friends

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 3, 2021 : (2105) Eternal Seasons
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

She managed not to roll her eyes at Worm, but she was amused just the same, "For now, I just need you to not be a threat to my Queen, and we got that covered. So... yeah." The Steepscrambler nodded.

The Dragon. It still fascinated her. "Wish I could have seen it. Damn my bad timing! Why couldn't I have escaped Arcadia and gotten here two years sooner!" Woe is her! Sonnie paused and looked at Seraphina, "Wait, how long ago was that?" Two years was just a random guess.

"Man, we coulda been hanging out in a fancy hotel instead of a this amusement park? Actually, scratch that, the park is more fun. And it has cotton candy."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She couldn’t help the smirk that appeared, watching the back and forth between the two. Was it flirting? She honestly wasn’t sure to be honest. But it was cute to watch.

Back on topic, “I have to agree, it does suit us. It hasn’t been without its challenges, but, everything in our world has its challenges. We’ve made it work, and I’ve been talking with the other Monarchs on expanding it in a way.” Would it be considered expanding to clean out the tunnels and use them? Maybe, in a way.

“I wasn’t here when he initially attacked. But I was here as the pieces were picked up and plans were made. It was amazing to part of the Freehold as we all worked together to bring him down. And I’m guessing it wasn’t a pleasant end to the Dragon, poison.” Never a fun way to go.

Looking from Sonnie to Worm, and then back, “I don’t know Sonnie, something tells me I might win that fight.” A wink and shrug. Probably not. She’d gotten in a match with a Summer once, and wasn’t eager to try it again.

Laughing, “Now you’re asking me to age myself?” she asks in mock shock, “It was five years ago. And I only know what I know because of Sasha. She filled me in on most of the details after they happened. She lost a lot of friends in that attack. But she also helped bring us all together. As did Mhairi.” They had a lot of strong women in the Freehold when she arrived. Oh how she missed them.

Smirking, “I kinda like the park, it’s grown on me. The Freehold has stayed stable and flourished in small bursts over the years. We have a lot more freedom I think with it, and there is still a lot we can do.”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

3. Likes , Abyssalstar liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"If you're happy, I'm happy," Worm replies to Sonnie. Idly, Worm wonders what the Steepscrambler likes to drink, how she likes to party, other things... Resolves to find out sometime.

Sera's explanation draws an understanding nod from the Goblin. That last bit is interesting, though: "Expanding how? Like...new attractions? A larger food court? More parking?" Or something more interesting?

"Poison, huh?" Worm quirks a brow. Not his style, really. He'd been hoping for a tale of epic battle. But, in the end, what matters is the job got done.

"Well, it's good to hear the problem was handled one way or another. And all together." Worm likes that the Freehold has a sense of community, of cooperation. It's what he's been looking for.

Back to Sonnie now, "So, Sera's been here less than 5 years. How about you? When did you first come around?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

Sonnie had taken out her phone and gotten herself distracted by her social media. It took a moment before she paused her scrolling to realized someone had spoken to her.

"Hmm? Oh, um... 2018? Yeah, in like October. Joined the freehold just after Halloween. Ingrid was the Spring Queen, then. She met me in this neat little bar." She nodded, thinking back. "Then I met Rhodes, out on the streets, by accident. He was with that Elemental... the wind lady... couldn't understand anything she said. Oh, and Titania was there!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Laughing, “Well, I’m sure more parking and a larger food court would be a hit with the customers. But I’m thinking more long term for the Freehold’s safety. Once the other Monarch’s and I have settled on a plan of action, I’ll feel comfortable bring others in. But I assure you, it’s for the benefit of us all.” Sera would never do anything to put those around her in danger.

A shrug, “It was decided it would be the quickest attack with the least casualties on our side.” And it worked.

Hearing him mention her five years, reminded her that she was the current longest resident.

That was such an easier time. Ingrid was Spring Queen and life wasn’t complicated. Did she long for that time again? Maybe in some way. But they all had to grow up and take on responsibilities.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

By Worm's standard, they've both stuck around the city for a long time. He's never stayed in one place 5 years, even 3. Not since coming back. It makes him hopeful.

"It's been hard to stick around in one place since...you know. Guess I've been running still. Nice to see settled folks. Makes me feel like maybe I've got a chance too." The Colonel wants to believe. Wants to think maybe Sacramento is the place. Only time will tell, though.

"Defensive fortifications, huh?" At least that what it sounds like to him. "Well, when the time is right, I'm here to help." Worm's not much of an architect. But he can swing a hammer and carry a heavy load. Enough to do his part.

The Colonel doesn't miss Sonnie fidgeting with her phone. Easily bored or just bored with her company? Hard to tell.

0 Scenes

Coming down on days! Make sure to get your last few posts in!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread