Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Consilium: (2105) Consilium - Page 2
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2105) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Solomon Kane
    Solomon Kane

Nimbus: Phantasmal fire rolls along his skin. As his magic, or temper, flares, the fire gets larger and culminates in a set of blazing wings.
    Monthly Rites

Supernal Vision: Potency 7
    Unseen Shield: Potency 3
    Magic Shield: Potency 2

Forces Armor: 2 Dots
    Prime Armor: 3 Dots

PRE

Solomon nodded towards Phoenyx, taking in the rest of the group. A large consilium was a good thing, he thought approvingly. Might be a good place to land for a bit after the wasteland of small towns with solitaire mages.

"Yea, Solomon Kane, " he replies as much to Puck as to Phoenyx, and the rest - knowing this is an introduction to the city of sorts. "Obrimos of the Adamantine Arrow. Planning on settin' down here fer a bit."

His words have the tilt of someone from the southeastern US - not Texan by any means with the strong leans into certain words, but that same sort of vague drawl. The boots, jeans, and jacket look a little frayed - road worn and weary - and the jacket looks patched from what might have been claws or knives.

2. Likes Shane, , Xander, Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hand raises in greeting to Kaze, “Hey Kaze.” Would she ever get used to how extremely fit he had become? Probably not.

Then came Phoenyx, who sounded like she was expecting a new face. Was it this guy? Eyes move from one to the other. “Hi Phoenyx.” Basic greeting, she had official business to take care of.

Was Crystal wearing…pink? Huh. But it looked good on him. An eyebrow arches, “Uh, thanks?” was that a compliment? A good thing? She wasn’t entirely sure. “Like the suit, it’s a good color on you.” See, that’s a compliment.

Nodding to Eulogy, “Hi.” And a three-piece suit? Was someone trying to impress, or did he just like dressing up?

A shrug, “Surviving, so I suppose that’s good.” A half smirk.

The nod was returned to Guru, “Hey.” Looking at the bag, she shrugs and takes a piece out, “Thanks! That’s smart.” And it was.

So introductions were to be had.

“Aurora, Shaman of the Mysterum.” Not too exciting.

4. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles as Phoenyx enters. Perfect timing as usual! He nods in satisfaction as she seems to recognize or at least be expecting the newcomer, new Arrow, apparently. The Sacramento Consilium is in good hands with Phoenyx as First Talon. It's good to see her get some back up tho!

Kaze laughs, "Still in one piece!" He replies with a grin to Crystal's greeting as he welcomes him to come join his side with a warm, side armed hug. "How about you?" He asks. "Any bites?"

"Hey, Eulogy!" Kaze says with a grin when Modechai enters and gives a general greeting! He likes the man's spirit, despite his enthusiasm for all things death. Or maybe not even in spite of it. He is maybe a little intrigued about a man who is so positive about a subject that seems so necessarily negative. Yeah, Kaze's got a long list of things to learn more about, and Death is creeping up that list! When the time comes, if Mordechai is still around, he might be a willing teacher.

Kaze smiles back at Puck. He's really feeling like he maybe got the wrong first impression of him. There's a definite prickly vibe there, but it seems to Kaze like all he really wants is respect, and personally, Kaze believes everyone should get that. He gives a thumbs up to Puck, almost a casual salute, an obvious gesture meant to show respect for the man and his office.

Guru comes in looking chill, and starts handing out snacks. Kaze nods towards the Shaman, "Hey, Guru." He says with a friendly bro-smile. Acknowledging the laid back vibe Guru seems to cultivate and wear like a warm blanket on a chilly morning beach.

Kaze pays attention, noting the name the new guy confirms back to Phoenyx, and the look of him. Funny, he's got more of a Guardian vibe for Kaze than an Arrow. At least, he seems more world weary, and reminds Kaze of Winter more than the spit and polish approach of the Arrows he served with in the past. There were Arrows who blended in, and did solo, infiltration or scouting type missions on their own with no back up. Kaze didn't know any of them too well, but maybe that's what this guy is used to.

Kaze smiles as Aurora returns his greeting. Now she's just cool, with no feeling like she's working on it or even knows how cool she is. Confidence, he guesses, looks like that. She doesn't even mention being a Councilor when she introduces herself. Like, it's no big deal to her. Just something she does when it comes up.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

(5/6 mana -2 cloaks -2paradox rolls -2cos)Mana 5 Spent
    PRE

Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Augmentation Pre+3 Man +2 dur 12hrs; Skill Mastery Socialize +2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

dox and rits

Anima has been preparing himself for this day, but it doesn't make it any easier. He pauses outside the door to the Circle, straightens himself and swallows heavily. He's delayed his arrival long enough, procrastinating any further would be unbecoming the Primal Wild. A predator may prepare, but not run and hide.

He opens the door and strides in, making his way towards the gathering. It appears formal business has not been started and pleasantries are still being exchanged. His timing is impeccable, not bad for one whose name is etched in stone.

Perhaps the first time, Anima appears to be dressed in a suit with a modern cut, though dour it may be. Dressed in all black with a hunter green tie, he could be attending a funeral rather than a meeting of the Magus of Sacramento. Truly, what does a Voter care for the establishments of the Pentacle.

The new comer is noted as his eyes take in those gathered. He strides confidently up to Puck as he introduces himself to the weathered man.

"Councillor Puck, please excuse the interruption, but I'm afraid to wait further would only continue my own failure." A ball tightens in his chest, but he conceals it with a friendly smile. "To call names and make barbed comments was childish behavior, truly an action unworthy of the wise. I offer you a sincere apology, I should have never called you a plebeian. You have indeed claimed the position of Councillor, and shall only be referred to as such by myself."

His behavior lacks his typical grandiose flair, his words steady and direct; a diplomat apologizing a faux pas to a foreign ambassador. Spirit courts... magus courts... it's all the same really.

4 successes
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

8. Likes , Ruach, Aeolus liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

(6/6 book keeping)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

book keeping 6 of 6 mana spent noted
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn showed up in the consilium to see another new person. He greeted everyone politely more so for Puck and Aurora for being councilors and gave a friendly wave to Kaze and Crystal before veneering to the new person.
    "Pleased to meet you. Corn, Neokoros of the Mysterium, Moros, with a background in geology and superstitions. I am glad to see our community growing. It makes me feel less new-person. I arrived here less than a year ago, myself. " Corn said before realizing that the new mage has not revealed whether he was interested in Corn's small talk.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

12. Likes , Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx kept her focus on the man in front of her as sounds moved around them. "Then, as both Obrimos Councillor and First Talon I welcome you to the city." She observed the glyphs woven around him and nodded. "I would be happy to give more Order-specific orientation later, outside of one of our official concillium sessions. But you may consider yourself formerly acknowledged, as much as we have any formal procedures in Sacramento. the small size make things often a more informal nature."

She acknowledges the other greetings from Puck, Kaze and Aurora, the last getting a short "Hey," and a small smile before finally turning towards the unfamiliar suited magus. He was in the circle, so despite his lack of spells he had to be one. "I believe we have not met." And it is fortunate I found the correct magus, or that would have embarrassing. "I am Councillor Phoenyx of the Golden Key." She watches the fine-dressed man carefully.

Behind her she feels the hair on the back of her neck rise as Anima dives in with his usual style, all direct and minimal etiquette. This was a formal Concillium and a formal apology, though waiting weeks between the challenge and presentation was a choice. Maybe he needed and audience.

Still, there was such a thing as proceedings. She turned slightly so she could watch both of them. They had a chance to call it here. If not, she would step in.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

14. Likes , , Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Just as he was getting comfortable checking out the newbie, another new-ish face entered. Well, Eulogy wasn't new per se, but Crystal had only seem him once or twice. But yeah, that one carried himself with a more distinguished air. "Very well, and I have to say the day just got finer." You missed a hundred percent of the shots you didn't take after all - besides, the greeting was well within the realms of tasteful collegial teasing.

Guru got a friendly smile and a nod. They should really hang out again soon. Their night out had been pretty fun, if not as successful as the Mastigos liked his nights out.

Huh, the new one wasn't very verbose - which wasn't a bad thing entirely.. maybe he would have to get that one into a biker bar or something, have the Arrow losen up a bit. Maybe he should organize a fun night out with Eulogy and Solomon. A smile stole itself on Crystal's face. Who said Consilia couldn't be fun?

Aurora's question was met with an enthusiastic nod. "Yeah, you're welcome. It's an awesome look. And thanks." Yeah, him and the Shaman really were the style icons of the Awakened population. "Oh, by the way: I've finished our paper. I'll bring it by if you want to take a look, otherwise I'd just submit it at the next meeting - if you're okay with that." Best to pull off that particular band-aid right away.

Kaze's hug was returned and afterwards the Warlock lifted his jacket to symbolically show that there were no bites to be found on him. "Nope, I behaved well the last few weeks." Ish.

But the cherry on top? Anima and his heartfelt apology. Darn, so this kind of counted out Middleschool-drama 2: Electric Boogaloo. He made a compelling case though, and he seemed to know how to behave at a formal event. Crystal could respect that.
    While there were still a few noteworthy people missing, Crystal was ready to get this meeting going - he raised his eyebrows while tilting his head towards some pews and made his way over to sit down. Whomever wanted to join him as the official part was about to begin would do so - granted, there was nothing more interesting happening at the small standing gathering.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

16. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai remained pleasant as everyone returned his greeting. He watched as Guru offered food to Madison, caramels this time, which seemed to be his schtick. Mordechai swore to himself he would follow Bartram's advice and take one if offered.

He listened as Solomon introduced himself. It's not that Mordechai was particularly eavesdropping, He just happened to be close enough to over hear. Solomon Kain, That name sounds familiar how do I know it? he thought.

The obligatory counter introductions followed, each person giving Solomon their preferred moniker. Mordechai followed suit when appropriate. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Mordechai but I also answer to Eulogy."

Noticing Kaze , Mordechai's smile widened, a glimmer of warmth in his eye. "Hey Chris, I just want to say thanks again for showing me that awesome coffee house. There is something about that place that makes me feel....alive."

He smiled at Crystal 's comment. "It must be true, good moods are infectious." he laughed. Until he noticed Anima walk in and move like missile toward Puck . He watched the growing exchange with interest. "Although I have a feeling there is going to be a sudden shift in the atmosphere."

Finally he turned his attention toward Phoenyx as she spoke to him. Eulogy was momentarily taken aback by the woman's focused observation. He suddenly felt like a little mouse being watched by a hungry hawk until her name registered Ah yes, Phoenyx, The woman who Skye was taking photos for. He gave a bow of the neck, he kept his voice pleasant and tried to not stumble over his words "Very pleased to meet you, Councilor... I do believe you were mentioned to me by your friend Skye. I am Mordechai, Ladder, Moros." regardless of the effort he still manage to look uncomfortable.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

(Imp PT)Mana 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wow.

"Wow."

Puck couldn't believe it. An apology? Great. If only that was what Puck wanted, and it had been offered two months ago instead of trying to lie.

"My mind is blown right now. Seriously." It's enough to make the Enchanter laugh out loud between his words. "So the so called Libertine that called me a peasant is sorry? All of a sudden? Were you sorry when I told Aurora and you lied about how calling me names was your attempt at flirtation? Or were you only sorry for the name calling and not the fact that you lied to save face?"

Seriously?

"Did you think this was magically going to save you? That your apology, given on the day I said I would press charges months ago, would be taken as any less insincere then what you said to your councilor or your fake allegiance to the Assembly?"

L. O. L.

"Let me break it down for you this one and only time. You're a heretic. Our first tenet is hierarchy fosters the lie, and one off hand thought was all it took for you to throw it away with your unjustified belief that you are the bourgeoisie looking down on the proletariat? Then you lie to save face, and come here with an apology you somehow think is going to be accepted at face value? You're a liar who doesn't belong in the assembly."

And suddenly the laughter is gone, replaced by a budding golden glyph that breaks apart under the strain of the layered supernal resonance that had already been cast on him.

"This apology is a joke. The fact you think anyone in this room is stupid enough to believe it is at least as grievous an insult as the one you are pretending to apologize for. If you ever insult me like this again, you better be prepared to draw your last breath while I square your circle."

His attention finally shifts to the Councilors of the room.

"Anima admits to the first breach of Emeritus and I suggest a Minor Reprimand from the Council for the punishment. For lying to save face at my expense I propose a second breach of Emeritus. A Severe Reprimand lasting three months. During this time no mage shall offer aid or share home or hollow with Anima. Not for a single night or oblation. Anima may walk freely through the concilium and doesn't need to perform any special tasks, but he will stand alone against all threats and know what the absence of trusted friends will feel like if he continues to behave in this manner."

That is, if Anima could call anyone friend to begin with.

Forgot contagion but the spell failed either way, 5 suxx to intimidate Anima
    Date Action Roll Result
    2021-05-13 18:49:23 Puck rolls 7 to intimidate Anima (Manip+Intim) (10 Again) 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 5, 5, 2, 1, 7, 3 5 successes
    2021-05-13 18:49:03 Puck rolls 1 to intimidate Anima (Manip+Intim) (10 Again) 3 failure
    2021-05-13 18:48:27 Puck rolls 4 to Imp Perfect Timing (Time+Gno) (10 Again) 3, 4, 1, 2 failure

Puck is ignoring the roll for socialize. An apology isn't what he's here for, and there isn't really much in the way of custom for Anima to comport himself to. Add in the timing of the apology and the past attempt to deceive, and I don't really think a roll to come off as diplomatic meaningfully changes the narrative from Puck's perspective.

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread