Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Colonel? An eyebrow arches slightly alongside the easy smile as the Fairest takes the hand, twisting it slightly into a firm shake. "Rhodes. Charmed." He drops gently onto the corner of the blanket. "Worm? That's an unusual name. Although I imagine you're something of an... unusual person. I thought I knew all the, ah, Lost Souls around here." It was an old joke, but the classics never went out of style.

He could see the light bending around the goblin. Fascinating.

Eyes glance back to Sera, giving her a wider smile. "And how about you darling? Which book are you on this time?" Was reading sexy? Her intelligence certainly was, on top of everything else.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

When Rhodes twists his hand around for a proper shake, Worm gives the Fairest a wild smile around his cigar. "I'm sure," the Goblin replies with a wink.

"We were just discussing the name. I picked it up during a...bad time." He's positive they know what he means. "But it's who I am, so," a shrug. "As Sarah so wisely said, 'If you like it, then it still applies.' And I do. So it does." When Rhodes settles himself, Worm takes the cowboy hat off and places it on the grass next to him, rests his head back on his fist so he can face them both, the cigar wedged between two fingers of his free hand.

"Oh, I'm as normal as the next guy. I want what everyone wants: large sums of money, good food, a good fight, beautiful women," a nod of his head toward Seraphina, "beautiful men, a small, fast car that's like to kill me, a dance party that goes all night and into next morning, booze, drugs occasionally, friendship, love, revenge..." The last word has a particular emphasis. "You know what I mean, Rhodes?" The Colonel puffs at the cigar again looking downright reverent. "Anyway, you wouldn't know me. Just got into town from Vegas, last stop on a long journey. I was telling Sarah that I've heard good things about your fair city. Thought it might be the place to put down roots." But, then again, he'd thought that about Vegas as well.

To Seraphina now: "Oh, he was fine. Nothing like a good scar. It builds character," and Worm should know. Fix them up? The Colonel gives her a curious look. "You in medicine, Sarah?" Worm knows a thing or two about sewing people back together himself. It's never pretty, but it works.

"I'm sure you have," he replies with a chuckle. Worm's sorely tempted to add a few more awkward advances to her list. But there's the ring. And the fact that Rhodes just called her Darling. Could this be mister right in the flesh? "And I'm sure you do," grace and poise seem to be her natural condition.

Eyes back to Rhodes, "So, are you the man responsible for that?" he asks, with a pointed glance at Seraphina's ring. He's never been the most subtle creature, though he appears to be asking in good humor.

3. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Now that was unexpected, she was expecting him to use Max.

“Well, I’m currently reading ‘Complications: A Surgeon’s Notes on an Imperfect Science.’ But today was more about letting my creativity flow and work on some designs.” Since her Entitlement grew, she found herself getting more into medical books than before. “And you?” reaching for a chip.
    Smiling to Worm with a nod.

“Well, none of that is out of the realms of possibility if one plays their cards right.” And it was true, “I came here with only a bag, so if you seek success, this is a good place to get it.” The other things? Those came with time. “And if dance parties are your thing, Sacramento does not disappoint. As for friendship?” a shrug, “You will find that here. As well as acceptance.” Which was always important.

“You could say that. My skills are a bit, well, specialized.” And that was putting it lightly.

Smirking, “A learned skill I assure you.” It had taken years to master poise and grace. “But I’m not opposed to being rude if I have to be, it’s just not my preferred method.” She wasn’t rude by nature. But everyone had a breaking point.

Ok…well…that was unexpected. Looking at her ring, then back to Worm, then to Rhodes. Not sure how they were playing this, so, she leaves it to him to decide.

“So have you found a place to stay yet?” she asks Worm, moving the conversation forward. “Was the trip here uneventful?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord smiles and nods. "Yes, I can appreciate that. A name that still applies, taking it, making it your own..." He listens as the Wizened reels off a list of desires in the world. "I know some of them, certainly. Never been one to want for a fight myself, even if some are unavoidable."

He nods, still smiling. Just arrived. "Ah, that makes sense. I suppose you'd be looking for some like-minded folks to be spending your time with? I'd love to know what you'd heard about the city. People hear all kinds - I like to make sure it's good."

If the blunt hammer of questioning comes as a surprise, it doesn't show on the older man's face. "Mmm?" He looks over to the hand Worm points out. "Oh. Well, I would have thought whoever the man that proposed, ultimately it would be the lady herself responsible if she accepted such an offer?" Would he take that as an admittance? Hard to say. "What I do know is I don't know you from Ariel, and I like to keep an eye out for all our locals. All manner of unsavoury characters can just walk in, no matter how... gentrified their bearing." The smile remained, but the mirth was slowly draining from it as he put an unusual stress on the word. "Of course, I am sure you are an honourable sort. Word is their bond, and so on. I'm sure a simple promise, between civilised people, would settle a man's nerves. A quirk, I'm afraid. Call it... post traumatic. Makes new faces a little hard to trust sometimes." When Changelings called him, arranged to meet, or went through another monarch, they could control things. But here, in the open? A chance meeting, Sera out here? Sometimes Fear ruled, and that was acceptable to him. To hell with anything else.

He gives Sera a small smile. "Sorry to sour the mood a little, Sera. I'm sure Colonel Worm won't take it personally. I'm just a little... cautious, in my old age. Helps me be sure I see older."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Haven't found a spot yet," he replies to Seraphina, looking supremely unconcerned. "Sleeping under the stars most nights, in my vehicle if it's raining." He puffs on the cigar thoughtfully. "If you have any leads, I'd be happy to hear them. The truck gets a little cramped."

The Colonel's attention returns to Rhodes as he makes his small talk. Gives the guy a look that says Right. Sure. when he lays out his enlightened view of marital consent. Clearly, he doesn't buy the line, but he doesn't push the issue either.

And then Rhodes segues into something more serious. As the disquisition continues and Rhodes' intent becomes clearer, Worm slowly sits up from his reclining position. He crosses his legs and stares directly at the man. His smile remains, but it becomes tighter, more forced. Brittle. The cigar burns on, forgotten between his fingers.

"I get your caution, Rhodes. One hundred percent. And I respect it. Happy to make that promise, really I am. Truth be told, I'm not that honorable or civilized. But, some promises can't be broken and I'll stand by my word."

Now, the Goblin leans forward at the waist, bringing his face nearer to Rhodes. His smile has become something closer to a leer. He speaks in a lower tone than before. Slowly, deliberately. "But I'll tell you one thing. You ever accuse me of Other allegiances again and we're going to have a problem. And I can promise that you don't want a problem with me."

The Colonel sits up straight again, popping the cigar back between his teeth, all sweetness and light. "So, let's talk turkey. What do you need from me, Rhodes? Let's set that aging mind at ease."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The Nix seemed content to let the guys talk, eating a chip as she does.

That was an interesting way to put it, glancing at her ring.

And then things take a turn, for the serious. While she gets it, she was hoping for a relaxing afternoon just chatting. But, there were formalities and all that. Still, there goes the relaxing day. Crossing her legs, she continues to observe. It was her Season, but he was Director, but he wasn’t Worms Monarch. An Oath wasn’t out of the ordinary, she just wasn’t feeling it. Here, in a park. Under the warm sun. Gently, she falls back on the blanket, long hair spreading out around her and seems to be basking in the sun, which caught the gold and silver in her scales and hair.

Her head turns to look at Rhodes, “It’s fine. I’m just going to enjoy the sun.” sitting up to take off the flannel, revealing the black tank top beneath. “Formalities are always important.” She admits, rolling onto her stomach and opening her sketch book. It was hard to see what was she working on, but the pencil looked odd in her translucent hand. Though it was obvious she was still listening, sapphires looking up here and there.

The eyes settle on Worm, “I could help with that if you need. Though you, eh, boss, might have some leads as well. If not, give me a call.” A warm smile. No one should be sleeping in a truck.

Seemed he wasn’t go to ask more about the ring. But it felt rude to leave a question unanswered, “To clear that up, yes. He is my fiancé.” Because, rude to not answer. To her. And he would find out anyways.

Then things turn again, she seems the smile, the tightness and her attention is now completely on the two men. Pencil hovering over the paper, the Nix readying herself if things took a sour tour. Which she hoped it didn’t. Cause she liked Worm, he was fun.

“You’ve been civil here.”
    She says absently, quietly. “And as a Colonel, I wouldn’t expect you to not stand by your word.” Trying to smooth tension? Probably. But she was also just nice.

Then she frowns, it was going downhill, sitting up, “I don’t believe he meant any insult. But we’ve had some, well, issues, lately and everyone is on edge.” Her smile kind, her words gentle, “We’re not looking to have a problem with anyone. I know I don’t have a problem with you.” The temptation there to use her voice and sooth things. But she didn’t want to do that on one of their own. “You’re one of us, caution is vital to survival.” But how was Rhodes going to handle that? Well, probably not well. But maybe he’ll control it a bit more.

The chips were then slid toward Worm, like a peace offering. Sure, she could shift moods into protective mode, but she didn’t want to.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

(Imbue the Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The smile never moved as Worm leered in, he responded by leaning in himself. "I'm sure I don't... any more than you do of me." The slender, wiry man didn't look like much of a fighter at any rate. "Though I didn't accuse you of anything. I merely laid out the possibilities, as two people who don't know one another."

Rhodes glances to Sera. For all her blessings, she was so trusting. Well, it was out now. "Yes, I am," he adds, his hand gently reaching out an stroking the bejeweled leg before him. "And she's right." He sighs, sagging as if the world weighs on him. "It's been rough here, I won't hide that from you. But I'm sure you could find that fight you like easy enough." He looks to Sera again, the smile becoming more natual and his eyebrows rise a hint. There. Playing nice. Friendly enough for you, sweetheart?

He leans back, emerald eyes twinkling. "Let's say.... a simple vow of truce, just for this week, to give us breathing room. A petty favour owed, reversed upon breaking. Should be long enough for you to find your boss, or failing that, the secretary, if you want to stay longer. We have an accord?"

Rhodes proposes the following:
    Pledge: Vow
    Task: Lesser Alliance
    Boon: Favour
    Sanction: Poisoning of Boon
    Duration: 1 week

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Listening to them, Worm realizes he's done it again. Lost his temper, said something stupid. Fantasized about hurting a well-meaning stranger.

These people are your people. They're scared, for good reason. Admit it: you are too. Don't make things worse, you ass. Let's try a different route this time, why don't we? The last thing you need is another Vegas. Or Austin. Or Mexico City.

It's their admission of engagement that does it, that lets him try to start things over. To play it another way. The Colonel gives the two of them a huge grin around his cigar. He claps his hands with seeming joy. "Well, hot damn! Don't hide your light under a bushel or anything! Congratulations to you both!" He pats himself down, as if he has something hidden in a secret pocket. "I sure wish I had something to toast you with. Will you take a raincheck? Next time I see you, drinks on me. OK? Don't say no," he warns in a mock-serious tone.

Worm shakes his head in disbelief, still processing, gives Rhodes an evaluating look. Chuckles. "You're a lucky man, Rhodes. A lucky man." Back to Seraphina: "And...uh, I'm sure you're a lucky lady." He gives her a wink.

"Listen," he says to both of them now. "I'm sorry about that. You know, snapping like that. Can't abide even the suggestion, the hypothetical, of helping...Them. Like you said," he looks to Rhodes, "call it post-traumatic. I'm really a nice guy. Promise." That may be pushing it, but Worm has resolved to try.

The Goblin falls silent while Rhodes details the pledge, puffing on his stogie. When it's all been set out before him he nods gravely, still managing to look a tad cartoonish. "Agreed," he replies and feels his heart skip a beat, the hairs on his legs stand up. Done deal.

"OK, now that that's done. Give me the details! Who asked who?" He looks to Seraphina: "I bet you asked him, right? Right? When's the big day? Honeymoon plans? Come on. Spill it."

The Colonel looks at them expectantly, the tension of moments ago seemingly forgotten.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She wanted to groan and roll her eyes. She really did, cause this was. Well. Dumb. There would always be a part of her that understood the caution, the need to play it safe. But sometimes? Sometimes she just wanted it to be three people enjoying a beautiful day.

The touch calmed her nerves, and she finds herself closing the sketchbook once again. She was not going to get anything done out here today.

She raises her eyebrows in response, a tiny smirk touching her lips and a gentle shake of her head.

Then the words are spoken and the air shifts around Worm and Rhodes. It was always amazing to her how that worked. Such simple words, but with the right addition so powerful and dangerous.

Sapphires look to the Goblin, wondering if he’ll accept and they can all move on. Or would things escalate? She preferred not.

But the grin and clap bring a wide smile to her face, “Thank you.” Then a laugh, light and musical in sound, “I wouldn’t dream of saying no, consider it a deal. I do love a good night out.” It was true. She didn’t drink, but she enjoyed being around others.

The wink was returned, “I always remind him of that.” Teasing of course. She considered herself luckier than him. Her baggage still gnawing away at her.

A gentle shake of her head, “I understand, it’s not something any of us enjoy being implied. I’m just hope we can set it aside and all continue to enjoy the day and company.” Being accused of helping them sucked. But they all needed to understand the reason for such questions and concerns. You never know who was truly a friend and who wasn’t without an Oath and a touch of the Wyrdstone. “And you strike me as a nice guy.” Agreeing with him.

Laughing again, “Really? You want to hear that story? I think it’d be much more interesting to hear more about you.” She says, “But if it will sate your curiosity, he asked me.” A loving smile offered to Rhodes. “Now your turn. Any fun hobbies?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes Endymion liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The easy smile remains. "If you insist, I'm hardly likely to turn you down." He nods, eyes turning back to Sera and his expression softening. "I know. More than I thought I could be." The words are barely above a whisper, but her quip brings a smile. "She really does, as if I could forget." Their banter comes so easy.

Rhodes takes a slow breath, savouring the binding between them. He noticeably relaxes. "Not at all. Water under the bridge, as it were. I am more cautious than most, I don't mind at admitting it, or apologise for it. Trauma makes some angry, lash out. Some, it makes us live with our fears every day. Now. Let's start over." The comment was off-hand; the Flowering curious as to if he would notice. But he felt far safer for the binding words.

The goblin was keen, he couldn't deny - he turned on a sixpence at a rate to give Circe or Sonnie a run for their money. "It took some planning, I confess. But I certainly tried to make the ambiance suitable for it." Paris was supposedly the city of Love after all, and they were nothing if not fairytale creatures. A shake of the head. "Nothing definite. Though I have always wanted to see parts of Italy." The Dread Lord leaned back and took in in the sun, feeling his leaves twist under the stoic mask, happy to let Sera lead in with the questions. People were so accepting to answer a stunning face, after all.

14. Likes Endymion liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread