Watch

(2104) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze tracks Campanella's actions and words. He's been busy. And he's into informality. Neither of those things seem like really new developments. Like...what about the Cabal he announced a couple months ago, him and Star and...Briar Rose. Is that done? He would have thought Aurora would habe joined up, and maybe Corn, but from the times he's talked with them alone, it doesn't seem like either of them are in a Cabal. And based on the last time, Capanella would have probably made an announcement. So whatever he's up to, it seems like he's doing it on his own. Huh.

"Thanks, Mordechai!" Kaze says, accepting the card with respect, like he's handling a personal part of the man who handed it to him. He holds it and looks at it carefully before tucking it away with equal, obvious care in a display of respect. "I will. Definitely!"

Corn draws a smile and an encouraging nod from Kaze, his excitement about his new robes is...cool. Innocent. Geeky. And definitely refreshing!

Guru is talking about 'crops'. Okay. Probably not anything he really wants to know about. In fact, probably stuff that he wants to be able to honestly say he knows nothing about, if it comes up. Just letting Guru do Guru. Thing is...it's not like baking bread or cupcakes. If you have stuff that bad people want, even if you aren't a bad person, you are sooner or later going to have to deal with bad people. Which may not be at all the kind of stuff Guru is talking about. Which Kaze can keep telling himself as long as he doesn't know.

Kaze doesn't join in the speculating about where Crystal is and whether he'll show up. Another thing he's fine with not knowing. Respecting Crystal's privacy. And interesting that nobody is asking him, like no one thinks of him and Crystal as knowing that kind of thing about each other. They'd be right, actually, but Kaze does feel closer to Crystal than the others.

Puck seems...prickly. Or just distracted, which would mean 'prickly' is his resting state, not something he does on purpose. And watchful. Kaze nods in Puck's general direction and smiles, whenever his wandering, watchful gaze happens to move over Kaze.

Campanella is kind of making the rounds, first talking with Corn and Aurora and now going over by Eulogy. Is he recruiting, in a really low key way?

Aurora just...blushed? Huh.... Not sure what that's about. She's so composed and together, but...yeah based on stuff she's said recently...about taking chances, or that is not taking chances...huh.

Now Eulogy is blushing, which actually has already been happening, so probably not related, but coincidence isn't really a thing either.

Aurora laughs out loud at the robes thing, which is cool because he totally felt like that but...yeah, cool that she can do that and not hurt anyone's feelings. She's pretty cool.

And Crystal is there!

"Hey!" Kaze says, enthusiastically glad and waving. It's just good to see him. Not necessarily here. I mean, there's nothing going on here. But still, maybe they can hang out again. Get some more acting tips or just...yeah hang out.

Winter actually asks something interesting. What languages is Aurora studying? Of course, coming from the Guardian, it isn't quite the innocent making conversation question it would be if Kaze asked. But whatever. Kaze is still interested in the answer.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes , Mark, Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai nodded politely at Guru 's response. He in turn answered with "Ah yes, I can appreciate self reflection. Very commendable goals. I wasn't aware you had a farm, what crop did you plant?" Mordechai had almost no working knowledge of Agriculture and was hard pressed to guess what may be in season until a mild joke entered his mind and he said "Unless your talking about a certain five fingered leaf plant that is known for it's almost magical properties?" he grinned lopsidedly as he joked.

Mordechai was as fluent in the language of sarcasm as an aged composer was to reading music. Without much ceremony he accepted Puck 's invitation to be left alone.

Turning his back on the Acanthus, Mordechai noticed Campanella 's approach. He assumed his polite smile to meet his fellow Moros and said. "Sure is lively in here. I feel an undercurrent of excited energy in the room. Like something substantial is on the verge of taking shape though I do not know what or why.

Mordechai acknowledged Aurora 's comment as the last word on the settled matter.

Upon Crystal 's arrival Mordechai nodded in quick greeting. I swear everyone in this city is a model. They say Brazil has the worlds prettiest people, they have obviously never been here. He mused, not for the first time since meeting the mage community of Sacramento.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Speaking of Crystal, there he was!

“Seems that's how we summon people.” She says with a laugh. It worked with Campy, and now Crystal. Shaking her head, “Not really.” Nothing exciting going on.

A nod to Winter, “I recently finished brushing up on my French, and now I’m studying Latin and hope to then look into Arabic. Not really exciting, but it’s been nice to have something to focus on.” Makes the nights go by. French wasn't really an ancient language, but it helped her get her mind back into learning.

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Welcome. We met. At the cemetery. You joined me for an oblation at halloween. Were you looking for me?"

He joined Eulogy in looking over the assembled mages.

"Yes. It would appear almost everyone is here. No... We are missing Phoenyx and - where has Anima gone? Still. Nearly the whole Consilium is here. Quite a rare sight these days. Without an enemy we are re-learning how to simply be ourselves. As for energy. Hmmm. Perhaps. A new generation rises but is not yet fully formed, I think."

He could not help but add.

"Guru is a maker and purveyor of fine baked goods, my friend. If he offers, take."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes Ruach, Shane liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn moved towards Crystal giving the mastigos a nod and a smile. "Hi Crystal. Just letting you know that next month we plan to have another Mysterium meeting." Then, he adds after a pause. "So you have time to go pick up some robes. I have also bought robes."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

10. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru was relaxing for the most part, lounging back in his chair content to just relax and see what shook loose. He turned to face Aurora squaring off his body to face her as he gave a short shrug. "Can't complain, just got a lot on my mind." Ironic for his appearance and demeanor but there were thoughts and ideas he just couldn't shake loose.

He raised his hand to give the peace sign to Crystal when he showed up, "Nothing that I can think of." There was the buzz about Campy being missing but there he was, sometimes things came up Guru got that. "It's more of a garden then a farm, not a ton of space to grow. So I have tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, some jalapenos, bell peppers, and I have Oyster Mushrooms growing in a forest nearby. Sometimes I'll go forage for more exotic mushrooms, can make a pretty penny. Find a nice batch of black truffles or morels. Oh boy. Or you eat it yourself." He laughed, he often liked to go hiking in the middle of nowhere and hunt for mushrooms.

"Thanks Campanella." He offered a sincere thumbs up as he accepted the compliment. "I can do vegan desserts and cooking too if that's requested." Corn was still talking about Robes and Guru couldn't help but lean forward, his hand bringing up his vaporizer to his lips as he took a hit. "Are robes a dress code? Are we talking long, flowy Fantasia robes with a big hat. Or like a classt smoking jacket? Perhaps an evening jacket?"

12. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck listens to the small talk as it unfurls. Mostly things he found amusing more then anything. The Mysterium's interest in formal robes was odd, but Guru was the one that left Puck feeling almost gaslit. I mean really? The guy deals drugs and comes in talking about farms and agriculture without mentioning a crop and it turns out to be boring salads and seasonings? The Enchanter almost felt cheated, but then Guru started talking about hunting for wild mushrooms and Puck doesn't know enough about the topic to know he's not talking about drugs again. He nods in acknowledgement of the Shaman's extracurriculars.

"I was thinking about learning Spanish and High Speech." The Enchanter deigns to speak, and his knee stops bouncing when he does. "Spanish is just useful, but I was thinking High Speech to transmit through the Aethernet. Maybe start sending out current Mage events in a safe format? Y'know, if we ever have current events."

Libertines gotta Libertine, and an informed Concilium was never an ignorant one. Plus he'd be able to read the gibberish that flowed through the medium. It's no good to have access to information you can't read because you're to busy to learn how to read.

14. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The mood around the Circle seemed peaceful enough - frankly, Crystal hoped to catch some more middle-school bickering going on between Puck and Anima (as promised by Corn), but the latter didn't seem to be around. Maybe.
    Look, it's been a hot minute since the Mastigos attended these meetings and back then he largely stuck to the same people. For all he knew Anima brooded in some dark corner around here.

He did remember seeing Eulogy though - from the far side of the room at least. The closer view didn't disappoint - glad that one hasn't fallen prey to the Sacramento come-and-go. Guru got a peace sign in return - although Crystal made it seem just ironic enough to have reasonable deniability should anyone ask about his stance on 90s-handsigns. Yeah, he had his priorities in order.

"Robes?" Corn reminded the Warlock of an excited puppy for a second - either he was really passionate about scholarly attire or he had another work of art to share. Which reminded him: "Oh yeah, cool. Aurora and I have this collab we could share then." He needed to tell her about having finished it first to not blindside her - eh, maybe right before the next meeting, keep her on her toes. Also, he apparently needed to get himself a robe.

Finally, Crystal sat down next to Kaze , continuing any lingering conversation from there if necessary - Kaze was good people, and if Crystal had to hang out with a room full of Awakened he might as well stick to the devil he kind-of knew. "So, glad to see you're still in one piece." Which, considering he was dating a Vampire was still something the Mystagogue couldn't take for granted.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Turning to Guru , Corn said with a half-smile. "I would go with the fantasia robes with stars and a big pointy hat, but I went with something more academic. I wonder if I can show up in the consilium in those... Not many opportunities to use them otherwise." Then, remembering who he was talking to, he added "I am joking. Mostly. I mean, it would be funny to show up in robes here but I don't plan to."
    To Crystal he answered with a respectful nod. "That is good news. I have some more news to share too, aside of my robes, but they concern our order mostly."

To Puck Corn answered with a frown and negative wave of the head. "Councilor, I don't think that would be wise." but he didn't elaborate.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

18. Likes Aeolus, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella smiles, vainly attempting to hide his mirth by running a finger over his upper lip.

"Oh no, Guru. Robes! The robes painted by Disney's Fantasia do not give them justice. Ah... Oh... Are you acquainted with Jim Henson's work... Dark Crystal..."

He coughed, hand balling into a fist as he stifled a chuckle.

His eyes flashed with mirth toward his fellow Mystogogue.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread