Watch

(2104) Sanctuary

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn walks out of the Athenaum into the general area catching glimpse of Anima leaving in a hurry. There is certainly issues with this guy, he thinks to himself.
    He wears his usual, casual clothes as he looks around, giving a nod and a wave to everyone he recognizes, which at this time is everyone. No new faces so far.
    He approaches Aurora and tells her in a low voice.
    "Greetings Aurora. A pleasure as always. I was thinking it would be nice for our order to gather again to see where things stand. Could you arrange a meeting as I can't find Campanella? I have started building up a workshop for metallurgy in the Athenaeum."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

2. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It was going to take some time to get used to Kaze’s looks. Sure, he had always had an attractive quality to him, but it had increased. While he wasn’t her type, he was still a good guy, a smile offered, “Hey Kaze. How you doing?” she asks.

“Oh, thank you!” a smile offered, “And you can call me Aurora in here if you want, but I’ll answer to Madison too.” But he remembered her Sleeper name. And she still couldn’t think of his. Did she feel bad? Kinda. But he hadn’t been around much, so you can’t blame her for forgetting. “Too forward?” a shake of her head, “Not at all. But I don’t think I would say I have an amazing sense of style.” A soft chuckle, “Just get lucky with finding pieces I like.” Which was usually how it went. If she saw it and liked it, she wore it. No real thought going into it. “But sure! Give me a call sometime.” Shopping could be fun.

A smile offered to Winter, “Not doing too bad thanks. How about you? Staying out of trouble?” a gentle tease. Was he wearing jeans?

A brief look of surprise as Anima quickly leaves. Was everything ok? A look of concern on her face. That was like the Shaman.

“Hi Corn!”
    greets the Shaman. The concern returning to her face, “Can’t find Campanella?” worry in her voice. Why couldn’t he find Campy?! She didn’t see him last month, but that wasn’t a huge thing. Sometimes people didn’t come to meetings. It happened. But had something bad happened? “Well, I can. But I’d like to know where he is.” Because it was Campy. He was important. “Have you called him?” obviously more worried about Campanella than a meeting.

4. Likes , , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh wow." Kaze says, obviously touched at Eulogy's warm welcome. "Um...yeah, it's been a busy couple of months." He agrees. "Hey...I am sorry, though. I remember you, you have some seriously classy style, and I remember there were a bunch of new people the same time you came, I think...but I don't remember your name? You remember mine, and I go by 'Chris', you know, outside." He says with a grin, extending a hand to shake if Eulogy is so inclined.

Kaze notices Anima's arrival and his glance over at him, and waves back to Anima. "Hey." He says with a smile.

"Winter." Kaze says cautiously in return to Winter's acknowledgement, greeting even. "Learning a lot. Thanks for asking." He says, managing a smile. He doesn't hold any hard feelings for anything Winter has done, and wants to clearly show that; he just believes that Winter is capable of anything when it comes to preserving the Veil, no matter who it hurts. And when you are around a loaded weapon, even if it's on your side, you always assume it's going to shoot whatever or whoever it's pointed at.

Kaze glances towards Anima as he leaves abruptly. Weird. Not the leaving, which is pretty consistent for the Shaman to do something that doesn't seem logical, but usually he takes a minute to say something about it that also doesn't seem to make sense. It's not like him to just run off without saying anything...

And then Corn walks out, huh; he was already here? Wow. With him being one of the few that seem to have a real life, putting in extra hours doing the magic thing is interesting. Makes sense though, now that he thinks about it, because Corn is definitely kind of a magic geek, really into what can be figured out magically.

Aurora looks concerned when Corn says Campanella isn't around. Which seems kind of weird, I mean, Campanella is gone a lot, probably travelling the world looking for artifacts or something. Maybe Aurora knows something, like Campanella was doing something dangerous lately?

"Hey, Aurora." Kaze says smiling warmly at Aurora's greeting. "'s going good." He says. "Lots to learn."

She seems to respond well to the new guy wanting to...go shopping? Huh. Sure, okay. Clothes, I guess.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes , liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He almost ran right into Anima as he left in a hurry, quickly pushing back against the wall as he walked casually into the room not wearing anything particularly fancy today, just a nice pair of dress slacks, a baby blue button up, and black suspenders as an accessory to the outfit. "Ah, shit, I'm late aren't I?" Though he paused, blinking as he looked at Kaze, something was definitely different about the man, must be that good clean living. He could tell he'd been working out and taking care of himself.

"Campy? I'm supposed to have a meeting with him in a few days, I'm sure he's fine but can't hurt to give him a ring." Though he'd heard metallurgy and his head perked up, not directly related to his works but in line with his current goals. "I miss anything important? Sorry I missed last one." A way of apology, not apology, he'd had to look inside himself, center himself, and learn to make his next breakthrough. He could only imagine it was a sharp upward turn for more progress now. He saw Eulogy and offered a pained smile knowing he hadn't been around for a bit. "You been ok buddy, haven't seen you around. No bumps, bruises, aches, pains? Need a snack? I didn't bake anything today but I have some jerky."

8. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck watches over his shoulder as the subject of his ire runs away before the meeting even starts. He sighed, and that was about all he had to offer. The Shaman knew what was going to happen today. Puck had been explicit about his intentions. If Anima didn't want to be present for the charges? His loss.

"Sup." The Enchanter gives a chin up to the assembled mages. His attention lingers on Eulogy, the only one in the crowd he didn't recognize. "I'm Puck. Acanthus Councilor, Libertine, and soon to be plaintiff."

The Enchanter dressed somewhat nicely, at least in comparison to his usual attire of a hoodie and boots. Unfortunately the midwesterner in him was already getting to warm. He liked the Minnesota winters. California heat? Bit of an adjustment. No more hoodies for a while.

Puck decides to remain silent on the topic of Campanella, though he does find it fascinating. Maybe someone asked for him specifically before Puck arrived and triggered the ripple effect, but it did raise an issue. Once you make a fuss over not finding someone? It shows everyone the people you don't care enough to fuss over. While everyone is asking about Campanella? Puck's chuckling. Vulture? Whatever. Skye? Ditto. Phoenix? Who needs a Councilor at an official gathering? These are the moments introverts love to watch. The fleeting subconscious queries that reveal how deep, or shallow, the webs of connection can truly be.

Puck finds a seat near the heart of the Sanctuary and watches.

10. Likes Mark, , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai smiled receptively at Winter as the man spoke. In answer the Death mage replied "I was called away to deal with an urgent matter out of town, prior obligations, I am sure you understand. I am back now and fingers crossed I won't have any more interruptions and I can get back to setting up my shop here. How were things in the city for you, Did I miss anything important?"

He reached into his pocket to pull out a pack of juicy fruit and took time to open it. Mordechai smiled at Anima as the mage hurried out. With a shrug he turned his attention to Corn who entered. Mordechai sat quiet as the other mage went straight on to business with Aurora . Mordechai became slightly worried when he overheard that there might be an issue with Campanella being missing. But he didn't bother voicing his concern at this early stage. He just sat quietly chewing his gum.

Aurora was friendly in her response to Mordechai's potential social faux pas. He in turn responded with "Truth be told, I always found the concept of shadow names to be a somewhat embarrassing aspect of our culture. Oh I understand with a true name comes power but you should see the looks I get when I try to open a bank account under Mr. Eulogy." He laughed light heartedly trying to express that he was making a joke. "I will of course use your preferred moniker, Aurora." He listened to her wave off his praise of her fashion sense and did not believe a word she said about "Just getting lucky". "Shopping is something I do very much enjoy. I thank you for your offer and hope to take you up on it in the near future. How do you feel about outlet malls and corporate credit cards?"

When Kaze complimented Mordechai's style his cheeks involuntarily reddened in embarrassment, A compliment from a man of his physical stature held an added weight. The moment was fleeting and he collected himself quickly but it was obvious he was unaccustomed to such complimentary statements. After clearing his throat he responded. "Glad to be remembered at all." he said with a lopsided grin. "In my day to day I go by Mordechai, gives me something to write on my business card. Speaking of which I have some if anyone is in need of a funeral director." he took in Kaze's sleeper name and nodded. "Chris it is then."

In walked the exquisitely sculpted Guru , The mage seemed much as he did the last time Mordechai was here. The death mage could not help but be touched by the well intentioned questions. He replied "I had some out of town business but it is all sorted. I will pass on the jerky but I appreciate the offer. How have you been? I hope all of your machinations have come to fruition. " he said with a wide grin.

He watched as another rather handsome man entered and introduced himself as Puck. "Very nice to meet you Puck, I am Mordechai or Eulogy whatever you prefer. I have no status in this Consilium as of yet, although I have touched based with my Silver Ladder representative, Naga so at least I have her vote, hopefully. I am a death positivity enthusiast on the path of doom. I have a business card if you want one. How does this day find you?"
    • Member of the Caretakers.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Speak of the devil and he may appear. Campanella strolls into the Circle by one of the side doors - definitely not from his usual place in the Mysterium's Athenaeum.

Today he is in a blue business suit with a slate grey tie and sleek metal cuff-links.
    Winter receives a careful nod.
    Aurora receives a warm smile. The Moros eyebrows raise when he sees the Shaman in quiet conference with Corn
    Guru and Kaze both get a friendly bob of the head.
    Puck gets a slight incline of the head, one that is less about formality and more about recognising their Astral work together.

"Eulogy? Welcome again."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Ladder was an enigma. He found him quite hard to read, like attempting to read a book whose black characters were printed upon charcoal black pages.
    He finds himself nodding absentmindedly, exchanging a few words with Aurora. "I'm fine, been busy, but nothing to write home about. What about you? Anything great?".
    Campanella and the freshly minted Acanthus Councillor come by. Each one is greeted with a polite nod.

16. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

To Aurora's question, before Campanella showed up her replied "I tried to contact him once or twice but without much luck. I thought I would catch him in the consilium at some point to ask but to be honest, if I told Crystal or you about a meeting, I assumed you would be able to contact him." The benefits of a small-enough group.

When Guru , Kaze , Puck and Eulogy showed up Corn gave each one a nod in recognition as he was talking to Aurora . "It was not important enough or urgent enough to persist, that's the reason I just mentioned it up now. Speaking of absences I have also not seen Crystal lately, but I also didn't look too hard for him. If you want to arrange a meeting I will call him. "
    Puck's declaration that he's a councilor took him by surprise. He really should pay more attention to how people move in here. A consilium of 15 or less members and he didn't figure that one was made councilor. "Puck, I didn't know you were councilor. Congratulations." He said warmly.

Then Campanella showed up. "Oh, speak of the devil. Greetings Dadouche. We were just talking about you."
    Eulogy mentioned a mage Corn doesn't remember. So there are still people he hasn't met or met too briefly to remember. He certainly should be paying more attention.

Turning back to Campanella, he addressed him again. "As I was telling Aurora, I would like to ask for a new meeting of the order to discuss the state of things and some additions I have made to the Athenaeum." And a chance to show off my new robes he thought to himself smugly.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

18. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod to Kaze, there was always a lot to learn.

Smile and wave to Guru, “Hey Guru, good to see you.” And he brought up a good point, she could always try calling Campy herself. He was fine…right? Of course he was.

Wave to Puck, who sounded like he was serious about his claim last month. He was going to go through with it. But, that was his right to do, and she was instantly glad she was no longer a Ladder. Though keeps mum about her training as a Factotum.

A shrug, “If you’re more comfortable with Madison, that’s fine. I’ve been called worse in my years.” She says with a laugh. “Love outlet malls, I’m a sucker for a great deal. And corporate credit cards? Never had one, so can’t say either way.” That was the truth.

When he said his name, the lines finally connected. She had to get better with names.

And then Campy walked in, and Aurora looked relieved, a breath let out. He was fine. Maybe just bad at returning calls or something?

Returning the smile, “Hi Campanella, good to see you.” And it was. It always was.

Looking to Winter, “Oh, about the same. Though I’ve been started learning a few different languages, so I suppose that could be exciting?” maybe, depended on who you ask.

Back to Corn, “Seems the matter is resolved. I have no issues about a meeting, might be good to all touch base again on what we’ve been working on.” A nod to Campanella, “If he has the time of course.” The nod respectful, she knew he was a busy guy.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread