(2103) Propping Up The Bar
Mar 29, 2021 - Apr 18, 2021
(2103)By the Wyrdstone
Mar 29, 2021 - Apr 2, 2021
(2103) The Wishing Fire
Mar 30, 2021 - Apr 16, 2021
(2103) Gerrit and Seraphina
Apr 5, 2021 - Apr 14, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Walking away from the group, Circe heads for the carousel. Turning towards John, Circe leans back against what is either a griffon or a hippogriff. She didn't know the difference.

"So, how's it going John? And how's this business?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He nodded as she started standing a respectable distance away, almost entirely still except for his arms now as he scratched the back of his head. “I’m working on continuing my education and getting an actual, proper, license for my profession. To do that my paperwork needs to be impeccable before people go looking too deeply into it if you catch my drift. You’re the expert in extra legal matters and a hacker if I remember correctly so I thought you’d be the best person to ask for help in this.” That was good enough to start at least. There were other questions, other curiosities but he had to prioritize his more immediate needs first.

Continued from (2105) Eternal Seasons...

Goes by the name: John

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah," she nods, "That business." Circe understands what he means. Sadly, the Summer Queen's contacts within that avenue boiled down to those she used for her own ID and one top tier. The former was quite reliable whilst the latter? The latter was pretty much the queen of Iron Side crime in Sacramento. A favor would be required to simply request her assistance.

But, Circe would have it made if Lady De Luca used the Summer Queen as her go to girl for arming her organization. The elf could use that, favor be damned. Besides, a Pledge could make such a favor easy, not to mention smuggling via the Thorns.

"Flattery. Yes I'm a hacker and a criminal," she admits that readily to John, "My focus is in guns. So, I know a lot of criminals because they buy from me. Identity forgers are, hmm," she shakes her head, "Not regular customers. But I do know criminal markets like hobs know goblin markets. Eh," she shrugs as she waves her hands, "Plus those I used fer myself. Very reliable."

She then holds up her right hand with the index finger up, "I also know who is a mundy queen of crime in town. I've wanted ta do regular business with her. Because money." Blunt. Circe was a Queen of Wrath, and even if that didn't count in the underworld of mortals she WAS a prominent gun runner. "Could expedite the process by a lot if we talk ta her. IF we can bribe her enough ta throw her name behind the work."

Circe figured the actual difference would be a matter of weeks.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Shane, liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"As much Flattery as it is honesty in this matter." He nodded, following her as she confirmed what he'd been thinking originally. That she might not know anyone in those circles but he was still holding onto hope and she'd given him some. Going still as he followed along, listening closely to what it was she was saying. Noting the gestures and shift in her demeanor knowing when she was hammering a point home. "I was hoping that there'd be a chance at least, I figured of anyone in the Freehold your credentials were probably the most legit given your background."

He didn't have any illusions that people went into crime for anything other than money, what the money meant to that person is what made the difference. He was sure Circe enjoyed finer things in life but he'd also seen her offer the same to others in the Freehold, trying to balance the scales. "We? I can but I figured this was a hands-off thing. I don't really want to get wrapped up in a life of crime. No offense, it's just not very me." He offered a weak laugh at the joke before continuing. "I really don't want my need for a legit Identity to cause anyone else harm either. I don't think the money I have would be considered anything but an insult either. Social work doesn't leave me with a lot of spare income unfortunately. I don't really have much to offer that side of the world." He believed at least

7. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe giggles as John calls her legit, "Ironic choice of words there," she smiles as she gives him two thumbs up.

The elf had no problem with John's reluctance to become a crook. She tilts her head at his joke. First to the left. Then to the right. "Yup, yer really straight and narrow. Can't see ya following my crooked ways," her own joke.

She then waves both hands in the negative, "Oh no no no no! Dude," she waves both her arms wide as she starts to sound offended, "I got coin ta help with the fraud shit." Circe points her hand at Funderland's entrance, "I was suggesting talking ta the queen of crime as a way ta speed it up. Plus she's hot, powerful, rich," she counts those off, "And a fellow Italian. I'd owe a favor from her ta speed the ID up by, uh," Circe starts counting on her left hand to try to caculate the savings. "Probably two weeks at best."

Circe looks at John as she shakes her head and leans back her shoulders on the saddle of the cat bird before patting it on its bird head with her right hand, "Yer my friend dude. Even this bird brain would know, ya just gotta ask if ya need some funds fer this." And Circe certainly meant it. This was important for the Freehold. It wasn't like he was asking her to spot him for buying a house.

Black and red eyes blink as another thought occurs to her. John might not want THAT much help. Well, there was an alternative cheat the Lost had. "And remember, when it comes ta money WE can cheat. We can bank on," she points at Rhodes with her left hand, "Rhodes could probably spin out a pledge that makes cents. And dollars too."

This position is not good. Circe's physical position. It is unbalanced but she latches onto the bird before she slips. Circe retracts her arms from the griffon's head to wrap around the neck.

Circe has Streetwise and knows the illegal markets. So she can find stuff that aren't guns that are sold illegally.

9. Likes , Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Thanks." He said with a laugh, "I'm trying to stay on that path until I have to stray and if I have to I want it to be worth it." He motioned with his hand around them, referencing the Freehold around them. He didn't think he'd be much of a Winter Sovereign if he wasn't willing to sacrifice for the Freehold.

He rocked back a bit, his eyebrow up when she threw her hands up. He was confused, of the reactions he was expecting this one hadn't been high on his list. "Oh, I wasn't, I mean, It's not easy," he paused and took a breath, reminding himself to cut the bullshit and just accept it, "thanks. I imagine she's also dangerous, well-connected, and ruthless. I want to avoid those people if I can, even if it takes a little longer. Really." He would if he would have to, he'd danced the dance before he'd just have to dust off his shoes.

John was content on his perch at the railing. Leave it to the goth kid to perch on the railing, even as he rummaged in his pocket to pull out his cigarettes. Though they paused, a gray flush coming across his face as he smiled. "That means a lot, you can say the same for me of course. I know I'm not exactly the warmest person." A twist of a smile playing at his lips, not able to help the wordplay in the Summer Queen's presence.

Her idea had him thinking though, his head bobbed back and forth as the idea floated around in his head. He pulled a cigarette out and stuffed it between two of his fingers, bringing it up to his lips as he was deep in thought. Seeing Circe start slipping he pulled the cigarette out and pointed right as she caught herself. "Oh good. Phew. You good?" He said with a bit of a chuckle, keeping the cigarette unlit in case she needed a hand.

"That's not a bad idea actually, either the funds or to ease the way for your connections work. Could work, what are we swearing for though, what are we paying in return?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

To each their own or so they say. Then again, Circe's few childhood memories involved growing up in that world. Kind of hard to not embrace it when it was part of your few good memories from before Arcadia. Plus gunbunny Smurfette wouldn't get this much bang bang if she was legit. Well, maybe government assassins did but legitimacy is questionable there. Also tangent. As for no big crime names, all John gets is a shrug and nod from the elf.

His pun however, that gets a laugh from Circe. She is corrupting all around her.

"Of course I'm good, nothin' happened," is her quick response to his concern. Just pretend nothing happened and that would work. Standard Lost procedure an all that.

As for Pledges, that made Circe sigh. "Okay, most of the pledges I've done recently were short, day ta week tops. Aaand that was with," she stand up straight so she can make air quotes, "Business partners." Then drops her hands back onto the bird cat. "Mundies. Usually when they're too shady ta just trust. One of 'em even died on me. Though," she rubs her chin, "That sweaty fatso didn't even swear the pledge before his heart attack. So probably not a good example."

Mutually beneficial pledges weren't something she'd sworn in quite a while. "It'd be increased funds, briefly, whilst I help ya get yer ID paid fer. Bad stuff would be, uh, money go bye bye I guess," very technical terms there. Very technical. "Technical stuff. A month ta set it in motion, moon, whatever," she folds her arms in front of her, "I ain't had pro-both pledges fer a while John, so I ain't used ta making 'em up. And I am NOT giving ya the untrustworthy customer Pledge."

She inhales deeply before exhaling, "If we can't figure it out, we ask a Autumn. Know the juju or know an expert."

ooc: Circe's current proposal is something along the lines ofLesser Endeavor, Boon Blessing Resources+1, Poison Boon -1, Duration a Moon. But the Endeavor is just Circe's really right now. She isn't good at pledgecrafting.

12. Likes Shane, pisces liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

The Smurfette was the Kingpin of the Freehold as far as James knew, why he had pointed Silkana in her direction during coronation. She was the go-to for illegal activities and so he trusted her expertise in this matter, Pride wasn’t much of a concern to the Darkling who recognized he couldn’t do everything alone. He smiled as she managed to pull herself up, only lighting his cigarette once she was on her feet and he could take a drag.

“Makes sense. Never found a good way to broach a contract like that in my work, I’ll work up the courage one day.” He gave a shrug, was more of a personal comfort thing than anything he just had to get use to using these things with Mortals. “Looks like Rhodes is busy with some business of his own, if there’s time we can ask him if not we can do it ourselves. I think your idea is good enough, you help me with this and I can offer what support you need in return, I’m actually ok navigating bureaucracy if you want me to take care of all the mundane bullshit. “ It was true, John’s day job involved a lot of finding what helped someone needed then lots and lots of paperwork to get them it.

“The other thing I wanted to talk about was your other professional opinion. I know how to hold a knife but that’s about it. It worked against Meg’s goons but I don’t know if it’s the best option for me. I know to stick the pointy end into the soft parts but you make a good case for picking up some level of firearms training too. I just want to be ready in case they come back, you know?”

14. Likes Origins liked this post

0 Scenes

If you do want to pledge this, you have to remember that you cannot use Resources as the Merit Boon, and for a Month long Duration it will go onto the Pledge Calendar and if the Pledge isn't met within that time frame Circe will be dinged by the Sanction.

16. Likes Origins, Shane liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eh, money ain't the object and the underworld doesn't do bureaucracy really," she inhales, "Thank all that is holy fer THAT!" Circe would take death threats and un-cased bullets sent her way over paperwork. Such was the life of a Summer. She gives John a quizzical look, "Though if ya slog through the paperwork parts, maybe a discount? I don't know," she shrugs, "I left it ta the professionals. I paid 'em," Circe laughs, "Why should I do their job fer them."

"I don't know if pledge would help with funds, at least not ta a degree I don't already have. Bucket inta ocean,"
    she fumbles whilst bragging accidentally about her work. Was their a point to it? "I could buy a Dodge Charger a month and not hurt my budget. Pledge could ensure I meet the right crooks faster or something." Circe puffs herself up, "I mean, I can get it done fer ya. Have no doubt about that John. Pledge would just speed it up. I am born, bred, and experienced thug and smuggler." Circe bows with a proud smile as she says that last part.

And John wished to learn how Circe fought? The smile and rise of her shoulders told John that he'd just made Circe very happy. "Excellent my friend! There are so many options too. Nothing says bye-bye Mr Nasty Face like a double barrel. Plus!" She gives him a thumbs up, "Two barrels of buckshot, ya just need a compass heading ta hit 'em. No aiming required. Or do ya have yer own preferences?"

ooc: D'oh, no free money. Spheres of influence Criminal or perhaps a bonus to Streetwise? And yes, Circe would take a hit for failing. With her Skills and resources, Circe can work the Black Market without the Pledge. Money pledge was meant to alleviate John's worries of Circe's monies. Alternative, Circe let's her Pride run rampant and just makes the connections for John on skill alone.

18. Likes Shane liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread