Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2103) Propping Up The Bar

Mar 20, 2021 : (2103)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Don't I? Bah! Someone has to. Its a bit strange to have a Tavern with no one running the bar. But good to know. I'll keep that in mind for next time."

He studied the Flowering Fairest while he himself was studied.

"I'm well enough. Been back on my feet a while now. How goes your research? You are still tied up with that, am I right?"

2. Likes pisces liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Gentlemen", the Telluric says with half a smile, elegantly striding toward the bar, "I hope the party strikes your fancy. But I must apologize for leaving such dapper gentlemen such as yourselves unattended, and without a drink, to boot", she smiles, getting behind the counter.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes smiles, eyes twinkling. He was sure the dwarf knew already. It meant more than he was letting on. Bartenders heard all kinds, after all, but that was the game. Always.

"It has had some.... mostly anticipated side effects," he replied, gesturing his palms upward at his more floral appearance. "But yes. It has been slow going. I continue to spend more time in the Skein, keeping eyes there for more signs of the Huntsman. King John, Queen Sera and I tore out the remains of his poison some weeks ago. I hope my research will extend the Archive within the Hollow soon, if I can find enough volumes of worth. Midway from our season, I was hoping to catch you. Ensure you were keeping well - and lo, you seem just as hale as before. I haven't forgotten the service you provided, nor am I likely to."

Emerald eyes are drawn to the Telluric's flamboyant arrival, and how could they not be. Though his heart was spoken for, Titania always cut a singularly beautiful figure. Faint whispers rose up on the breeze around the bar as the Autumn King's Mantle breathed icy life into the air. "Titania," he inclined his head, the casual smile remaining unchanged. "Once again the efforts of Spring look to put the joys into the world's rebirth. But if you are taking over the service, some of that fine whiskey Anatole picked out should do just fine, thank you."

Behind the eyes, wheels turned. Been a long time since I traded pleasantries with someone who so disliked me. Will this be a dance? Or a duel?

The Dread Lord returned his look to the Wizened. "But tell me, Anatole, how have you been occupying your time through the dark months?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole's lip curled as Titania joined them. He shuffled around the counter as the Emerald Courtier took command of the bar. It was with some definite reluctance that the burned dwarf turned his attention from Seraphina and back to the conversation at hand.

"Yes. I feel this is a much more appropriate festivity to last year."

He knuckled his moustaches.

"Dream Poison? Bad business that. No wonder you're buried in research."

"Hale and hearty, my Lord. And for that you have Titania here to thank, with her command of vernal healing magics. Without her help I would be a shadow of myself and reliant on a walking stick, I am certain. As for my time - well... Apart from continuing to lend my services to the Freehold regarding Hedge patrols and ... exploration... I have been focussing on building up my wealth. Settling in requires a certain, shall we say, lifestyle; and I'm in the process of building such a lifestyle. In fact, my efforts are bearing fruit."

He avoided looking directly at his Telluric conspirator while he spoke, keeping his attention on Rhodes and he ended his speech by appreciating the whisky, which he imbibed like a true connoiseur.

The plots are on-going but active so it fits he could mention them obliquely in a situation like this

6. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She wields the ice tongs like a fencer wields a delicate stiletto.
    "Thank you, but you two are too generous", she replies with a polite smile, before she works her magic behind the counter.
    Two fingers of whiskey are lightly poured into a glass, she lets it breathe before she adds a single cube of slow melting ice, a single splash of water.
    She swirls the glass to let it decant as she offers it to the Fairest.
    "I'm glad I was able to help you. I'm not much on the battlefield, but you can count on me to patch a few wounds up"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

8. Likes Origins, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Instead of the heat of her Mantle, it is the clinking of her dress that presages the arrival of Circe. And perhaps a Summer parade.

"Anatole, yer manning the bar?"
    she nods her head to him, "I'm sure the results will be great. Not ta but in, unless ya want ta scoot over back there so I can work my ass behind the bar. Serious offer my friend. I'm crafty enough if ya need help in the kitchen, just saying. What do ya recommend?"

Circe also acknowledges the others who are present. "Titania, nice outfit tonight girl. And Rhodes," she looks to the Autumn King, "I can't tell who has the best accessory. Seraphina fer having you," she points to Seraphina with a piece of meat. Then turns it upon Rhodes, "Or you fer having her. Maybe a tie?"

Was Circe trying to be sweet? Perhaps. Well she was making an effort.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes pisces liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord nods his response. "We were able to tear out the root and stem this time. A certain sign of waning influence. I have kept a vigil otherwise, but so far he seems to be laying rather low. For now." Fear was everywhere - not just passing it on, but harbouring it within yourself. Rhodes could not assume the Gentry had moved on.

"Is that so? She had expressed a great concern for your wellbeing. Your plan, service and suffering enabled us to remove a long-standing thorn to this Freehold, and I will not forget it. Nor," Eyes moved from Anatole to Titania slowly, shrewdly watching, "will I forget that you stand here as well as you are. Thank you, Titania. I make no lie, I do not revel in the gross throws of the melee, but they must happen from time to time. I hope we can rely on your talents should they be in need again." The smile pulled at his lips, his eyes sharp and alert. This was the great game of formal reparte, and he had played for years.

You objected to the methods, Titania, but they were necessary. Admit that.
    Admit it!

The Summer Queen always found a way to break the icy frosting on the edges. Rhodes turned, and found his smile becoming that bit more genuine. "Lady Circe," he beamed. "I would not think to take from the Vernal Queen on this of all days. My seeming simply reflects the season better than my philosophy. But you? Another stunning dress I see. At least your mantly can keep you warm, what with how far up those slits go."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

Mantle 1: Hot sticky Wind of the Summer Storms

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian followed behind Circe with a plate full of skewered meat and a rainbow of veggies. All Vivian needed now was a drink. She wondered if they had any mead. She did like that. Dark beer, Mead, Scotch, Whiskey, those were things she liked.

She caught the comment from Rhodes regarding physical combat and the Airtouched's eyes narrowed and her lips pursed ever so slightly, but slowly her expression mellowed back out to something more neutral. Or at least as neutral as Vivian could get. Like she thought of something charitable that countered that sour thought. On a field of battle Vivian was the judge, jury, and the executioner. She loved every single second of it. To say she reveled in combat was an understatement. Her mantle flared and the Summer Heat just before the thunder clapped and the lightning struck the earth, blasted from the Airtouched. It calmed almost as quick as it came.

She needed to stress eat. It is just the change in season. This is not a personal attack on you for lacking what they all are reveling in. The Airtouched used the coping mechanisms her therapist taught her to talk herself down from feeling overwhelmed. She took over a seat, and set that plate down. Resisting the urge to relieve her anxiety by imitating a chipmunk, she reminded herself she needed to socialize.

"Hey Anatole! How's your little spiky plant doing, eh?" She asked him. She had had the opportunity to spend a little time with the Dwarf, so she said hi to him first. If she had been more socially adept, she would have addressed Rhodes first of course, buuuuut such was life. She had a lot to learn.

She turned to Titania next. She remembered her clearly from the Christmas Party. Which felt like a lifetime ago. She didn't waste the opportunity. "Hi Titania. I hope you are doing well! We haven't seen each other in awhile! I'm Vivian." She didn't offer to shake hands or anything, as a lot of lost had issues with people they didn't know trying to get all handsy.

Finally she turned to Rhodes, her knee jumping in time with some beat in her head. She couldn't stay still for anything. "We haven't met before, but I'm Vivian Wing." She bowed her head respectfully then.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, ya already have the married dynamic down pat," Circe grins at Rhodes as she concedes to Seraphina. As for her dress, "A craftswoman always loves ta hear praise fer her work. The Mantle does help, fortunately I'm plenty hot on my own too."

"Waaaait," she looks from Vivian to Anatole, "You have a plant puppy? Is it a perennial plant pupper?" Circe's smile is equally visible as it is audible. "So is his bark more fierce then his bite? Oh, nevermind, it has ta be blooming adorable."

"Ah you two ain't met yrt?"
    she points back and forth between the Rhodes and Vivian with her meat skewer, "Well I assure ya both that I can vouch for the other being cool. Summer and Autumn have not had any trouble since I've been here, nice right."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole was drumming on the counter lightly with his fingers now, watching the Emerald and the Ashen Fairest spar.

"Yes. That would tie you up, I am certain. It is a wise decision though; the Gentry do not give up the chase easily going from what I have heard."

He twisted around as Circe and Vivian Wing joined them, shuffling along the counter slightly to make more space for the two Crimson Courtiers.

"The plant lives! And seems to be doing quite well where it has been situated."

He managed to flash a grin at the Airtouched.

"Yes. A promotional gift I did not want. Now it sits by a window. And... I have no idea what the thing is supposed to be; and it is no pretty thing either. They gave me the... runt... of that batch. To be honest I think the pub had been duped and what they handed off to be is a chunky weed from foreign parts."

He barked a laugh and turned back to his drink.

"Titania looks after the bar this year, not I."

17. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread