Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2103)Shamans and Talons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 2, 2021 : (2103) Santuary
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Dark eyes look from their little group to around the room. "Things seem to have settled. They will stay that way."

She inclines her head at the Talon. "I prefer my chosen name when in present company. It is... who I am. will see you in the morning, Vulture." Not quite sure if she was about to leave or stay, she looked back to Aurora.

"I suppose this means I will have to find out another nice top to go out in."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A light shrug, “We haven’t seen a good duel in some time.” Notice she said ‘good’. They’d had their share of weak duels in the past. Would that mess be a good duel? She wasn’t sure. Not really knowing either too well.

“I’ll get something setup. It’ll be good to get out some more.” Warmer nights meant skirts. Skirts were good and comfortable. And she hadn’t been as social as she used to be, time to change that.

“Taking off?”
    a little surprised, but, it sounded like she was tired. Having never held what would be considered a ‘normal’ job, she couldn’t relate.

A little smirk, Phoenyx sounded sure that things would remain settled. The Shaman, on the other hand, didn’t.

It was true, their names made them who they were. But who was she? Faye? Aurora? Madison? All three?

Smirking again, “Shopping cane be fun you know.”

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Shopping trip first, then off to the bar?" She smiled, and fiddled with the woollen cuffs of her sweater. "And yeah, I should get home, feed the plants, feed the me." She yawned. "It's not personal, I promise. Just need a solid three hours before getting ready to do another shift. We are understaffed, but what can you do." She shrugged again, trying to move a horrible knot from her shoulder. "I should... yeah. Leave you to your duties."

The young Arrow gave a nod to each of the other Mages, and stepped back slightly, looking back to the other group.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “No worries, I didn’t assume it was me. It usually takes a few more times hanging out before I start to be annoying.” She jokes with a wink.

“I’ll get a night setup and let you know. Looking forward to hanging out again.” A friendly smile.

Turning to Phoenyx as Vulture steps back, “So you ready for another night out?” probably the same place, as she could secure a private table. Fame did have its perks sometimes. “And who knows…maybe you’ll win this time.” A smirk, and gentle tease.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx frowns. "You know I hate shopping..."

She gives Vulture a nod and lets her head away. Turning to Aurora she replies, "I knew you tricked us." Smiling just a little. "But I suppose I could make time."

Looking around the room again, she turns back to her friend. "Have you been doing okay?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Insert eye roll, “It’s a necessity and you know it. You’ll survive.” Shopping could be fun. And if it wasn’t? You were doing it wrong.

An innocent face, a hand placed on her chest, “Me? Tricked you?” shock in her voice, “I did no such thing. I simply got lucky.” Which was true. She never played seriously, always for fun. If she won, she won. If she lost, she lost. No biggie either way to her.

A pout as she slipped the empty can into her bag. Should have brought another. “Me?” a shrug, “Been doing ok, nothing too exciting. Just studying and working on a private library.” So nothing exciting. “How about you?” glancing at the others, seeing who was where, making sure everyone was behaving.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Eyes narrow, but there is a small smile.

She nods seriously. "Yes. I do not believe in luck. It is hard to when odds can literally be manipulated by magic."

The Arrow looks intrigued. "A library? What kind of topics are you looking to gather?" A small shrug. "I am fine. Things are quiet, so staying motivated for training is occasionally an issue. Though having Vulture around will probably encourage me again."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, she holds up one of her hands, “I can promise you I was not manipulating luck with magic. Not area of expertise anymore.” A wink added. It was true, but it was also fun to mess with the Arrow.

“I’ve been focusing on philosophy and ancient languages actually.” Yeah, ancient languages. The Shaman wasn’t stupid. “Once I’ve gotten a good understanding of those, I might branch out, but, we’ll see. Those have been pretty intense and taken quite a bit of time so far.” But, she was actually enjoying it.

“I know I’m not an Arrow, and as we’ve already discovered, not a fighter, but if you need help with training, just give me a call. I’m sure I could alter myself in various ways to make training more challenging for you.” An offer. “Always good when you get someone else of your Order to train with.” Or in her case, study with. “Seems like she’ll be a good fit.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

A small shug, and a bit of a smile. If Aurora said she wasn't Phoenyx believed her, but it was the only bit of teasing she had managed for figure out.

She looks interested when the Thyrsus describes her studies. "They sound fascinating. I would be happy to discuss philosophy with you. They can be studied for years. Which languages were you learning?"

Phoenyx nods. "Thank you. I may do so. Sometimes it is better to observe from the outside, so seeing Vulture spar with someone else would also be useful. I will see once we have worked together a little."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“That would be fun. Though I warn you, I’m still figuring things out and where my personal beliefs lie. But it’s been a fascinating study thus far.” She was enjoying it and the challenge it presented. “I recently refreshed my knowledge of French and hope to branch out into Latin and maybe Arabic. But I already had a basic understanding of French from my time in college, so I just started there.” The other two would take a lot of practice and work. Was she ready? Maybe. “Though finding books has been a headache.” At least ones she could afford. It was time to either take on more private shows, or find something more lucrative.

Laughing, “I find it hilarious that you didn’t discourage me altering myself to fight better. But giving my lack of skills, it is probably necessary against an Arrow.” Might be fun. “Just let me know if you need me. Never seen Arrow’s spar, how serious do you guys get?” would be good to know.

“Did you want to make our way back over to the others?”
    with a nod of her head to the other mages. Which had quieted down quite a bit.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread