Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2103)Shamans and Talons

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 2, 2021 : (2103) Santuary
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I've not had a chance to train much in Spirit, there weren't a lot of tutors, and I didn't have the most time for that part of my training. I hope to rectify that here." She filed away the life mastery in her mental vault to reflect on later, as the two others began to gently tease each other. She looked forward to getting to know the members of the concillium better.

"Enjoy? I like hiking and camping, you know, to be the Thyrsus stereotype of outdoorswoman. I used to surf a little back before I lived in a desert, but it has been a long time." She shrugged. "I mean I haven't been out to a bar in a while either. I wouldn't mind getting a lay of the land from a local." The idea of having a night out felt really nice as she considered it, and her natural, modest looks began to shine through.

She was relaxing, speaking more openly, until Pheonyx mentioned her clamming up. "I uh... Apologies First Talon, I didn't know how open the Philosophy of the Hand was spoken about here. I was inducted to speak only in private about the Five phalanxes of the Adamant Way, but if I may speak openly, I think others would do well to understand how we function. But that is not my place to speak."

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I cannot help it that I have responsibilities," Phoenyx replied to Aurora, her smile tugging a little wider. "Though it was quite enjoyable." There. She conceded something - it was the best she was going to get.

Her brow furrows a little. "Relying too much on stimulants. It can be overcome with state of mind." She pauses. "Was that a joke? Are you joking?" she was getting better, but it was hard for her to tell some times.

"You apologize?" The Obrimos was clearly confused by Vulture's apology. "Why? Discussing the Adamant way is important, seeing how it is a part of our lives and how we enact it every day. I agree that others could learn from our philosophy. But by that very reason, it is your place to say. To challenge established rules and avoid stagnation." Dark eyes watch Vulture carefully. "If you would like to compare such philosophies I would be happy to do so." She offers a small smile, and looks to Aurora. "The hand, or the Adamant Way, is the core of Arrow philosophy," she explains. "Belief in it's methods and applications form the tenets of our Order.... Have I never told you about it before?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a brief nod, “I know Anima seems into Spirits and working with them, so he might have more knowledge than I do. Hell, maybe there will be something for us all to learn.” Maybe. But probably not. Cause Spirit. Meh.

“I think Skye is the more outdoorsy of us right now, though Guru might be as well.” She honestly didn’t know. “But there are a lot of parks out hiking trails around the city.” Should be able to find something she liked. But it did make her realize she would never be the ‘stereotypical’ Thyrsus. But did she want to be? Being a Shaman wasn’t her first Path, maybe that would have made her more outdoorsy? “Ah, now bars and clubs I know. I just got some people,” an eye look to Phoenyx, “out for an evening of drinks and playing pool. So I can get something setup sometime if you want.” Would be good to get out, see the new girl outside business.

Oh, so it was an Arrow thing. Well, made since why she stopped talking, most were very private about those things.

Blinking at Phoenyx a few times, “There is having responsibilities, then there is letting them consume your life. Two different things.” But there was warmth in her voice.

Eyeing the can, “Is that what this is? A stimulant?” shrugging, “Here I thought it just tasted good and kept the headaches at bay.” A wink added. A smile spread across her lips, “I’m not sure, was it?” not giving anything away. It was good to keep her on her toes.

Finishing off her drink, “No, but I’ve also never asked because some Orders are very protective and secretive of those things.” A shrug. “If you guys want to discuss Arrow stuff, I can make myself scarce and attempt to keep the peace over there.” There was a sad look as she remembered her can was empty, “It’s whatever.” The Shaman was laid back enough to not care or be offended if they wanted to talk privately. Though, not much privacy in here.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

Nimbus: Strange scents waft from Vulture. These fragrances depend on the magic being used, the more harmful the more offensive the scent.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No no, it's not... We can discuss philosophy in private another time. Compare notes. The thing about working towards enlightenment is that the path we take is personal, but also part of a universe we live in and shape. So understanding each other is important, as important as yourself."

She let the banter continue between the other two, and quickly felt out the friendship between them. It felt more than just a positive working relationship perhaps. They felt like senior members of a community, those who didn't have a chance to let their hair down often enough.

"Pool and drinks sounds good. I assume there is a bar that is frequented by us, there always seems to be. If there isn't, we should absolutely stake one out." She was trying to relax. "And those headaches Councillor? That's withdrawal." She smiled broadly. Maybe she could join in on the fun.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx crosses her arms. "They do not consume my life. It is my vocation. It is important to me. You know that," she replies flatly. It seemed the Arrow was only able to be so playful, to a point.

The brow furrows as the firebird tries to pierce Aurora's facade, without success. "Yes, it is. I thought you knew that." Fortunately Vulture steps in. She gestures a hand towards the new magus. "See?"

Dark eyes turn back to Vulture. "I would like that."

A small smirk is given to Aurora as Vulture mentions withdrawal. "I told you so." That part of the teasing sailing far over Phoenyx' head.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I’ve been studying philosophy myself, but not because of my Order or any other. A more personal journey.” Coming to peace with herself.

A shrug, “I go there often, but I don’t usually run into many from the community there. I enjoy it because there is a private table and area there which is easy for me to secure. So I always have a table to play on. But I can get something going for this weekend or something. If that works for you and all that.” If not, she’d probably still go out. She needed it. And she had to laugh, “Yeah, I figured that might be the case.” Smiling, enjoying the back and forth, “But they’re rarely a problem, but I’ll keep it in mind.” A wink added. “And you can just call me Aurora if you want, I’ve never been good with the more formal side of things.” She probably should be, set an example and all that. But it wasn’t her.

Could the Shaman keep pushing it? Yup. Was she? Probably not. Everyone had a limit, and Phoenyx was getting defensive. Which took the fun out of it for her.

There was a shrug.

But she does laugh again when Phoenyx seemed quite happy the new girl validated her, “And I’m ok with it. Caffeine makes me a better person, so lets all be happy with that. This is not point out Aurora’s habits and addictions.” Plural. She had many.

“So was that I can stay over here talking with the sane ones, or a we’re going to talk Arrow stuff and I need to make myself scarce?” cause a girl needed to know. “Unless, of course, you want to talk more with the others, then that’s ok too. But as far as I’m concerned, I don’t see a problem with welcoming you as an Acknowledge member of the Concilium.”

Vulture can raise her Status to a 1

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

+1
    SL
    PRE

"This weekend is perfect for me Counc... Aurora." Her face warmed a little as she caught her blunder, a flush coming to her face. "It will take some time to adapt. When not in Awakened society, most people call me Dee. I'll give you both my cell number, that way you can.. you know, get in touch."

She tried to take a more relaxed posture, to try and project peers rather than any power imbalance, but it wasn't very convincing. "A couple of games, and a few beers. You know we weren't allowed to drink in the stan? Even on base. Maybe you can invite the right kind of company as well, make sure I'm not falling in with the wrong crowd?" She looked over at the argument happening only a short distance away, and the storm off. "Looks like even casual days here are... um... fraught?"

She nodded at the addiction statement, and pulled her own travel mug out of the bag. "Yeah, after pulling a double I'm right there with you. I could reduce my tiredness through pattern manipulation, but coffee does a good job, and doesn't come with accusations of hubris." She tucked it back into the bag.

"And I don't want to hold you up, I'm sure everyone has things to be doing, and now I'm on the register properly, thanks for that by the way, I can finally turn in for the day."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

With Aurora stopping, the firebird seemed to relax a little. She had come some way, but it was still a challenge for her to adapt to being teased. Only one person had been easy to tease, and it turned out that was only because she struggled to tell him what she wanted to.

Phoenyx clearly wants to say something else on habits, but purses her lips and does not reply. Her friend had let her have her comfort zone. It would not be fair to press her on that in return.

A half-shrug. "Talon Vulture and I can always talk later once she is refreshed." The formality of the First Talon does not slip off as easily as Aurora's. She looks to her latest Ordermate. "It is important to rest. So I am told." A small smile is given back to Aurora. She nods and takes the number. "Alice, and Madison," gesturing to herself and Aurora in turn. "I do need to remember to tell people that in advance. I will call you later to arrange an Order discussion."

The Talon looks back over at the other mages, wondering if she wil have to keep the peace again.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“No worries. I just tend to be more informal than others. But if the title makes you more comfortable, I can adapt as well.” She offers. Accepting the number, she programs it in her cell under ‘Dee’.

There was a chuckle, “There really isn’t anyone that strikes me as the wrong crowd.” Following her look, “That, over there, isn’t all that common. But, tempers and egos do flair every now and then.” Sounding a bit disappointed. “But don’t expect to see blowups like that all the time. It’s actually been some time since our last one.” Believe it or not.

“I’ve never used my Life magic to alter myself or anything. It just never felt…right, to me. Unless it’s in a fight situation, then I will alter whoever I can to keep them alive.”
    She pulled out all the stops to keep those around her alive. “Though if I did, it would probably make work easier on my body.” Laughing.

A shake of her head, “Not holding me up. Being self-employed makes my days and evenings pretty open if I need.” Though she could go for a drink, or more coffee. Or both.

“I suppose that would be a good thing to know.” A smirk as Phoenyx mentioned their other names.

Catching the Arrow look, “You sure you want to step in that again?” she asks, half joking, half not. “Because it looks like everyone has gone to their respective corners.” It didn’t mean they didn’t need to keep an eye on it. But she wasn’t getting involved unless it came to blows. Or magic.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Status
    (EMT)
    Striking Looks
    (Girl Next Door)
    Vulture

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I don't think anyone needs to step in. I heard the word duel, but I'm sure if someone needs to square the circle, they will come over." She looked to Phoenyx. "If needed, I am able to, as I'm sure you can as well."

She stretched slightly, rolling her shoulders to relieve some of the tension. "I'll look forward to the call, First T... Alice. For now though, I should probably get home and take a well overdue nap." She looked back to Aurora. "Your call too. I want to see what a night out in City of Trees is like. I've got nights off over the weekend, hit me up." She smiled, and it carried a more genuine look now the formal parts were over. "I'll be back in the morning, start training."

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread