Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Market Watch) Ruin's of Sal's

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 13, 2020 : (Market Watch) Possible Permanence
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole replied to Seraphina first:

"No. We only saw them hauling a cart down a trod. We traded is all."

Anatole tugged at his beard, considering.

"Personally I think this is just a sign set up by those hob traders. They established themselves in the ruins of that... Sal's Market; it stands to reason they'd need to alert other hobs to their presence."

He gave Vivian Wing a thoughtful glance and then nodded.

"That sounds like a good idea, too, Vivian. If only to be sure. This is the Hedge. Don't trust anything."

He flicked an eye to Circe - a Crimson Sovereign was sure to know what to do.

I wont be posting for a few days. Getting my post out of the way now to assist with flow

2. Likes Origins, , pisces liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vivian got Circe to smile, something she rarely does in the Thorns outside violence.

"That John is possible depending on what they're selling," Circe however noticed the lack of other signs, "Seeing it from the high ground I know another question. Is that pot a threat ta yer life or yer wallet? And yer right Anatole, no trust ever. Because all hob markets are the latter."

And the former often required a lot of set up plus regular customers first. So for right now trade was more likely then flesh trade.

"If a hob can get ya ta give everything in exchange fer garbage, they'll do it. Even ta each other, it is why they make the markets, ta swindle. But if they want an actual market then it has ta be trade. It is one of the hobs' few principles they all follow,"
    she keeps talking. The sign left a number of possibilities, including being the only one the hobs could find.

"On the plus side, if they're looking fer trouble,"
    blue hands pat the rifle, "Seems like the market ain't established fully so there's no mob ta enforce the rules, just them and us," she smirks at Vivian, "And we have two Summers today. We'd win hands down. But if they wants ta trade, connections help with that and we're probably their best bet in the area for a steady supply of goods. Iron Side goods but goods."

She scoffs, "I could probably make a bundle selling them hockey pads."

Kit

Stats
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes Aeolus, , pisces liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Hearing the fall, she looks, concern on her face, “Are you ok?” she asks, “Need to me to take a look at your head? Can you see clearly?” watching him.

Then a shake of her head, “First time coming across ice in here.” Kneeling down, she gently, and carefully touches the ice, but it makes no sense to her. So she shakes her head and stands, she had nothing.

“Sounds like it could help to me. A quiet Hedge doesn’t sit well with me personally.” Nope, something was up.

A nod as Anatole spoke, “Hmm.” Looking at the sign again. “Could be something useful for our expedition within, or a complete waste of our time.” She hated these things.

Listening to Circe, who made some good points. They did have two Summers with them, odds on their side. “If it’s on the way, I don’t see the harm in checking it out. Might have some useful trades, or some helpful knowledge we can use.”

failure

WP 3 Health 7

Last edited by Seraphina; Feb 8th, 2021 at 07:31 PM.  Reason for Edit: Forgot dice roll
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He groaned but nodded in response to her question as his body stiff with pain straightened up. He slowly got to his feet careful to keep his balance looking down at the ice once more and shaking his head. “Maybe it’s the cycle re-establishing?” He shook his head, he really had no idea and was just taking a shot in the dark. “My head will be fine, thank you for asking.” He said with a smile, not blaming the others for coming to help it had just been a fall and there was an unknown predator about.

“Air might not be a bad idea, there’s a thorn here and I can ask the hedge as well. Two-fold path?” He turned trying to look at Circe and Vivian at the same time, raising his eyebrow in question. He gave a slow nod, agreeing though reluctantly as they spoke about going to investigate. He was reluctant but the drive to learn more spurred him forward. “Not wrong Circe, being conned is one thing. But does it feel like we’re being hunted to you? I feel like we’re being watched right now.”

He rubbed at the back of his neck, not liking the feeling that ran up his spine. He was about to ask if anyone else wanted to pathfind but remembered he was the Winter Monarch so he had to act like a leader and take charge. “I didn’t bring a first aid kit, mistake to rectify for next time if I can afford it. Anyone got a bandaid?” He chuckled as he reached out to grab a hedge thorn for whether he did it or someone else did.

Equipment: Knife, Backpack, Thermos(coffee), Handful Candy, Backpack, Rope, multi-tool, emergency blanket, road flares, full zippo, 3 packs of cigarettes, sunglasses, 6 granola bars, 2 water bottles, and a flashlight

@SaberSloth am I good to pluck a hedgethorn for the catch for Dream 1?

Goes by the name: John

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

Mantle 1: Hot sticky Wind of the Summer Storms

(Communion Contract Activated)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian smiled and nodded to John, shaking her head at the inquiry for a bandaid. She began striking up a conversation with...well...to them it would seem nothing, but to Vivian an Elemental she knew it was always there. As physically she began to to tear the strip of her hem off of her shirt. Makeshift bandaid. She helped the King of sorrow bind his wound. All the while she was making small talk with the Air. It was a very polite exchange. Or at least it appeared so, considering the one sided nature of only 'hearing' Vivian's voice.

"Now that we have become aquainted I would like to offer you a little singing, if I could. I know how lonely it can get in the hedge for you." She smiled softly.

Her voice as she sang was beautiful, but the yearning beneath it was also unmistakeable in her voice. She yearned to be a part of that wind, to forfeit her physical body to be one with the element itself. As she sang she removed the ties that held her hair, and the wind began to play in her long long hair. The wind unraveled her braids like great hands lifting and unwinding the hair hap hazardly. Once the wind had it completely unraveled, the wind played verily with it. Like great hands running through the long tresses.

The choice in song she offered the wind in exchange for the information was telling. She sang "Wind Beneath my Wings," by Bette Midler. And as the last line left her lips so did the tears that had been welling in her eyes.
    When she composed herself she asked the wind. "What is it that has created such silence here my old friend?"

Performance:
    4 successes

Communion:
    2 successes

2 curved swords, 2 fore arm length utility/hunting knives in her boots, canteen, lures and fishing line, cheap tin cup, matches, length of sturdy rope, trail mix, beef jerky.

WP2/Health 7

9. Likes Aeolus, , Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Seraphina and John are going to take the time to sweep their way, Circe will search the mortal way. Namely by narrowingh her eyes and as she bent her ears forward before slowly looking around for something to notice.

3 successes

Kit

Stats
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes pisces liked this post

0 Scenes

Sera distracted, doesn't find anything. Circe, contrary to expectations, or perhaps exactly as expected, likewise finds northing. All is silent, and all is still, baring their party, and the Wind the Airtouched is enticing to chat.

Which, during the course of the Summer's song, picks up, swirling lazily around the party. As the Elemental's Clause Catches, she hears a distant chortle, a joyous snicker, leading into "Ding-dong Sal is gone~ Market time, Market time~" then a different voice caught on the breeze, "I wonder why we can't hear anything coming from the - "

If you meet the Catch to the Clause you are using you do not have to pay Glamour, you can use the hollow Power Icon, the empty circle ringed in green!

Also! When you roll something please tell me what you are rolling in the Dice Roller, The Action, the Contract + Clause, and please include the Skill+Att as well!

13. Likes Aeolus, pisces liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole watched and waited, one hand still running thoughtfully through his beard. He shook his head for the benefit of the Onyx Sovereign.

"No. I've only got some of them ration bars and my trusty axe. Guess I should consider being better prepared in the future. So... Are we taking a look?"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“That could be, it would make sense. The seasons weren’t complete last year.” Made sense to her. Well, it was a probable answer anyways.

Then a slow nod, “It feels that way to me. The Hedge is never this quiet.” It set her on edge.

“I don’t have a first aid kit, but I can take a look and heal anything that could be hurt.” She offers.

When Vivian begins to sing, she waits to see what it will tell them. Sapphires look around as the Summer sings her song.

"I don't think it could hurt to take a quick look."
    a glance to John, as he was the Monarch in charge.

3 successes

WP 3 Health 7
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good ta hear John," is her cheerful response to his head being fine. He'd not cried out in much pain nor called attention to it so she figured it was such. Callous? A little bit but Circe wasn't a healer. She was a fighter. Better her rifle pointed at threats then trying to heal someone that was fine, "I didn't want ta stop aiming my gun away from the group."

"Lookouts are a possibility, and some fae bullshit could be dampening the noise of the market,"
    was her suggestion, "Don't feel like I'm being hunted, but something watching us? Might be it fears us."

When Seraphina talks of injuries being healed, Circe has a answer. "I have fruits that'll make a body good," she looks to Vivian, "Remind yer Queen later that I need ta buy a first aid kit ya royal jackass. Exact words ta tell me," she turns back to John, "I DO have coffee if caffeine helps ya with headaches."

"Also my elf eyes don't see shit. Anybody got anything?" She then nods, "I concur with Sera. We came to scout, not much point in not doing that.."

Kit

Stats

Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread