Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Market Watch) Ruin's of Sal's

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 13, 2020 : (Market Watch) Possible Permanence
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

Mantle 1: Hot sticky Wind of the Summer Storms

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian trailed a bit fiddling with the straps for the swords. The damned thing was so tangled!!! Shit! When she finally got that squared away she hoofed it to catch up with the group. She was dressed in some plain navy blue yoga pants, and a long sleeve navy mock neck. Contrary to popular belief, it is navy, not black that hid blood stains the best. Her incredibly long hair was intricately braided away from the Elemental's face, and kept the weight of her hair at her back. She wore a pair of knee high boots, that definitley were made for utility, as one of her smaller knives was in each boot. One of them, a gift from Circe, the other one that she had already.
    When she caught up she flanked Circe on her non dominant hand, eyes scanning around them.

2 curved swords, 2 fore arm length utility/hunting knives in her boots, canteen, lures and fishing line, cheap tin cup, matches, length of sturdy rope, trail mix, beef jerky.

WP2/Health 7

1 success

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

0 Scenes

James and Anatole, remember the careening cart, with it's manic hobs, they remember where they came from and where they were going. Convincing and conniving promising and promoting their wares, where they would set up shop in the off Spider months.

The ladies, even though one was a Spring, kept eye the Hedge for the dangers they know are present.

....which is disconcerting, because the Hedge around them is, strangely...silent....

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe turns to Vivian as she approaches, "Welcome ta our party," smiles at the minor pun. Then heads over toward the tracks yet still wary of the silence. Silence means predators most often in the wild. But the Hedge was insane so it could also mean there was jack shit here.

Or possibly their little group was scaring everything off. She kneels down by the tracks and briefly looks up to John, "Either or. Could'a been going ta sell shit, scavenging the ruins, or leaving with a lot of stuff," looking back down at the tracks, "And I ain't no super tracker, but everybody listen fer noise, quiet is bad."

And she tried to see if she could figure it out. More tracks in the trod going one way would imply market that way. But could she find anything?

2 successes

Kit

Stats
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes pisces liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Oh I think they were heading out to trade - either at the Spider Market because they knew how to find it the whole time; or with some other contacts of theirs. They had a cart, so maybe they use the ruins as a base and then travel around like... like door-to-door salesmen. So I reckon that way should be the first step to finding this... Sal's ruins. Or what have you."

Anatole gestured vaguely then lost his concentration at Vivian Wing appeared behind them on the trail.

@Crice warning came as a surprise and the wizened dwarf grunted sourly, bushy brows creasing into a deep frown. He tilted his head, cocking an attentive ear.

"Um. Yeah. So... What does that mean exactly?"

EQUIPMENT - Fire Ax, bottle of water, trail rations

Health: 7/7
    WP: 4/4 (2 rolls remaining)

7. Likes , pisces liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Spotting Vivian walk up, and offers a smile and nod. Seemed they were a group of four today.

But what really stood out to the Nix? How quiet the Hedge around them was. Silent was not something you expected, or wanted to experience, in the Hedge. It made her uncomfortable, and on edge.

Looking to the others, “Is it just me, or is the area strangely silent? Because it strikes me as odd.” She was no expert on the Hedge, but she’d never seen it silent.

Glancing to Circe, she nods in agreement, her hand resting on the dagger on her thigh.

But seemed Anatole knew what way they should be looking, “Seems like a good starting point.” Looking in the direction he had spoken about. “Did we want to head that way then?” seemed like a good way to her. But was there a good way in the Hedge?

“I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been in the Hedge with it being this quiet. I know from what I’ve seen in movies and books, silent can mean something larger and more dangerous has moved into the area. Or,” a shrug, “it could mean nothing. But worth paying attention to.”

WP 3 Health 7
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

9. Likes , pisces liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He shook his head as Anatole spoke, disagreeing with the older man’s assessment. “I think that would have violated the Pledge we’d made. I don’t think with the bargain that was struck they could have lied.” His eyes went distant as he flipped through the photo book of moments he kept filed away in his mind, looking to see if he could recall the exact wording of the pledge. "A measure of Fearful Glamour and a measure of Sorrowful Glamour for the location of the Spider Bazaar during Harvest." He recited from memory, voice even picking up the Spokeshob's inflections. “We held up our end of the bargain, so the Spider Bazaar is out East during Harvest else we’d know it from the Curse.”

James didn’t want to just pick a direction based on a hunch and walk; it didn’t make any practical sense. If they picked wrong, they wasted twice the amount of time walking in the wrong direction and the hedge was dangerous. The Hedge was always dangerous, to be admired and respected like any wild thing. “We pick one way or the other and we’re wrong we’ll have to double back. Better to get it right the first time. I need a hedge thorn so I can find out more information.”

With the practicality of picking right the first time also came the hesitation to use his glamour reserves when he didn’t have to. He’d gotten so lost in that train of thought that it took him a second to notice but when he did he felt it everywhere, like a weighted blanket that covered them. He shook his head and looked around the area for places to hide. “Yea. That’s not good.” His hand went to his belt as he drew the knife that Circe had made him. “I might, uh, find a place to hide cause this isn’t a good sign. If I can stay hidden I’ll follow that way, otherwise, well if I dive into overgrowth you’ll know why.”

2 successes

Equipment: Knife, Backpack, Thermos(coffee), Handful Candy, Backpack, Rope, multi-tool, emergency blanket, road flares, full zippo, 3 packs of cigarettes, sunglasses, 6 granola bars, 2 water bottles, and a flashlight

Goes by the name: John

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, , pisces liked this post

Vivian Wing
    Striking Looks
    (Ethereal Beauty)
    New Identity
    (Vivian Wing)
    Quick Draw
    Vivian Wing

Mask
    An Ethereal quality to her beauty, Vivian has large soulful eyes which color shifts depending on what she is wearing and the light, they seem to be lit from within with unnatural brightness, a tall wiry well sculpted frame, her long golden hair flowing in waves down to her waist. A smattering of freckles on her cheeks lends a cuteness to it all.

Mien
    Vivian is much in body naturally the way she is in her mask. Her hair color however is a dark grey with blue and silver streaks running through it and seems to always be rustling and stirring in the invisible breeze. Instead of freckles she has tiny translucent raindrops that refract the light. Her eyes were wholly unknowable, alien, and inhuman. Like snow globes, her eyes contained only the threatening grey clouds of storms. Sometimes it did genuinely snow in her eyes, or rain, or when the crimson spear of Summer was enraged, lightning illuminated her orbs.

Mantle 1: Hot sticky Wind of the Summer Storms

+1
    SL
    PRE

Airtouched

Vivian followed Circe's lead and decided it was important to use tracking to find what they were looking for. the unsettling quiet made her reluctant to use Contracts here, or glamour. Attention right now could be a bad thing. Either something was stalking them, or something was watching them seeing THEM as the big threat. I mean they were tromping around through the hedge and she was at least visibly armed to to the teeth.

"Or something/one is afraid of us. We are armed to the teeth, and clearly seeking to run this mystery down." Her words were measured, reasonable. She shrugged slightly. Vivian was not afraid of battle. She knelt down looking at the ground and lower brush, aiding her Monarch in the business of good ole fashion nose to the ground bloodhound shit.

"It will take longer to track without the aid of magic, but I think Circe and I can manage this."
    In response to James' announcement of needing a hedge thorn. Frankly she agreed with Circe's method. If it came to a battle, they may need every bit of glamour they have.

3 successes

2 curved swords, 2 fore arm length utility/hunting knives in her boots, canteen, lures and fishing line, cheap tin cup, matches, length of sturdy rope, trail mix, beef jerky.

WP2/Health 7

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

The Summers take point, their eye keen, knowing which why the cart was traveling and which why they would have to go to to follow it. With a quick check, the tracks leading off into the distance, seem to keep to the Path. At least, for now.

For James, nothing moves. All is silent.

I'd love some INT + Survival rolls, and yes you can Teamwork!

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"They went that a way," Circe points down the path with her gun. She really should get a light mount for it. Or maybe duct tape and a LED pen light. That'd be about the same right?

"Shall we see how far they've gone?"
    she asks the group, "Though I ask those not tracking ta be on over watch."

Sure the armor could help Circe survive a couple of surprise strikes but whilst they were going roamin' the Hedge only she was going Roman. Oh wait! "I mean we are going roamin' in the Hedge but only I went really Roman fer safety."

Without the penalty Circe has a 5 for Survival, same as Vivian but Vivian rolled better ICso Circe would be willing to defer to her newest Summer.

+2 to Team lead's roll

Date Action Roll Result
    2021-01-29 23:19:25 Circe rolls 5 to Survival Team Support Roll (10 Again) 9, 7, 2, 8, 2 2 successes

Kit

Stats
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

failure

Anatole huffs as the Crimson Courtiers take point. After that he is silent - sourly silent - as the two Summer's demonstrate their Hedge tracking skills.

He has no idea what to make of the Hedge.

17. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 2 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread