(Hedge Patrol II) Doorstep Combat
Jun 15, 2021 - Jun 24, 2021
Hedge Patrol III
Sep 14, 2021 - Nov 21, 2021
(Those Cast Aside) Tenure and Extension
Sep 14, 2021 - Nov 25, 2021
Reflections of the Past
Dec 11, 2021 - Dec 19, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 27 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole continues to watch from his vantage point by the Hedge Gate. He continues to play act (in his own mind at least) and listens out for trouble.

With Empathy and Expression of 0... I see no point in rolling for Anatole's 'play acting' as he inspects the Gate. Its pretty wooden and fairly obvious.
    Saber Sloth let me know if you want me to make a perception check or anything.

2. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra looks from the others back to the Ogre, "Oh, I'll admit, I was kind of hoping to get out of the open for the moment. We were just chased by some carnivorous vines and frankly, I'm a little concerned about their return. They might not be much to fight, but given the look of the area, I have a feeling they might be part of the problem. You just never know with the Hedge. We're all a bit on edge."

The Fairest looks around the area again with a hint of a concerned look, "Are you sure we could not come inside?" The expression on her face is kind, unthreatening, and given her appearance, she doesn't appear very strong either. "We would just like to converse safely and have no intention of causing harm unless harm comes to us."

Persuasion 2 Successes

4. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

"Would you Seal that Promise?" Professor Pig asks Gerrit, looking over his crocked spectacles at the Stonebones, but is quickly distracted by Cassandra's words. He twists his hoof coloured fingers together, "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Keeping a wary eye up Ram, noticed how the Pigish Ogre starts, with the announcement of the carnivorous plant, and how his eyes move from the Fairest to the Hedge around them.

"I'll offer you my home until the coast is clear, and the Bloodsuckle's moved off again, as long as your Swear not to harm me, or anything you find inside."

1 success
    Pledge Crafting time! If y'all agree to seek shelter with Professor Pig you can come up with a Pledge you'd want to Swear, if not, with the next post Piggy's going to offer one he'll agree to!

6. Likes Shenanigans, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"Not on purpose," was the one thing Ram quickly interjected when talk of pledges not to harm anything inside came up. The Render was self aware enough to know that fragile things around him tended to break, shatter, chip, or get stained if he hung around near them long enough.

"But what? If you intend no harm, then we can promise you we don't intent on harming you or your home either."
    "We would just like to converse safely and have no intention of causing harm unless harm comes to us."
    "I'll offer you my home until the coast is clear, and the Bloodsuckle's moved off again, as long as your Swear not to harm me, or anything you find inside."
    "Not on purpose,"
    Pledge Vow
    Task: Professor Pig (Endeavor: Give shelter in his home until the Bloodsuckle's gone) -1, Patrol (Forbiddance: Don't purposefully harm him or anything inside his house) -1, Both (Alliance: Lesser) -0
    Boon: Both (Adroitness: Empathy) +1
    Sanction: Both (Curse: Lesser) -1
    Duration: Both (Day) +1

What do y'all think?
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

8. Likes , Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit looked over to Anatole when the matter of Pledges came up. Call it paranoia, but he would feel better if an Autumn Courtier weighed in on the Pledgecrafting. They covered all angles, hadn't they? Even though the Professor never said anything about him not hurting them. Ram also made a good point - what if the Wyrd punished them just because he broke something that could as well be made out of cotton candy for the Render?

"That seems like a sound agreement, but I would like the last member of our group to hear it before agreeing to anything." With that he waved Anatole over to them and repeated the outlines of the Pledge. With an apologetic smile he addressed the Ogre again. "It would be quite rude of us to have him swear something he doesn't know of, and even worse to have him wait outside alone."

Sounds good to me.

Equipment: Backpack - 1 bottle of water, First Aid Kit, Rope (from climbing gear).

10. Likes liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole notices the pause - and more importantly, Gerrit - in the conversation by the hob-house. Shouldering his axe, the wizened dwarf makes his way over. Along the way he casts a glance at the way in which they come - not a deliberate action by any means.

"How did it... Oh! Hello! Anatole."

He began, initially looking at Gerrit as he drew near the group. He spies 'Professor Pig' and immediately turns to the unknown Changeling, offering a smile about as friendly as he could make it. From there he looks across at Ram as the Pledge is spelled out.

Anatole curls his fist and places it under his chin, thinking for a moment.

"Sounds fair to me. I'll be party to that... If everyone else is in agreement?"

The Pledge the Ogre proposed sounded like basic hospitality to the Ashen Courtier. They patrol was segueing into a fact finding mission; Anatole didn't have an issue with that. How else were they going to find out who this errant Changeling was, and how he came to holding a Hollow so deep in the Freehold's territory?

12. Likes Shenanigans, Aeolus, liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

"Of course," She says with a pleasant smile, her airy alto voice melodic in tone. And she listens to Ram form together the oath. Pretty much a clear standard. Purposefully being that key word in the oath. Not purposefully harming him or anything in his Hollow. After all, without the purposefully, they'd be screwed given the Render's klutziness'.

She nods and then looks between all of them, "I think that sounds agreeable, don't you?" She asks Professor Pig. "And know that this is very appreciated. It is a big deal to allow strangers into one's Hollow. I do hope we won't be strangers for much longer."

Cassandra is used to this role as a face, almost too used to it. Be grateful for any minor inconvenience, be polite, smile, make them feel as though you genuinely care. The role of the Fairest and she plays it to a t.

14. Likes , Aeolus liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

(Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Sealing the deal.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

0 Scenes

The Ogre looks between each of the Lost, and nods, once. "I agree, yes." and with the final agreement, the Wyrd wakes. The Lost feel it in their hearts, the fluttering of their words being judged, then a moment after the connection of their bond, a day their bound by hospitality now.

Moving once again, the Piggy Professor take the relatively short journey back to the door to his Hollow-House, he opens the door, steps through and leaves the door open for the other Lost, "Can you please take off your shoes, please?" his hands twist together before he points to the shoe rack. The Ogre removes his own shoes and places them on the rack neatly.

"I'm Oliver," he says, "My uh-apologies, I-erm." he leads them farther into his home, passed the entry, they find a well lived in and quite cluttered sitting room. A nicely kept fireplace is along one wall, with the others occupied by floor to celling bookshelves. There's an archway, that from the glimpse they can see leads into a kitchen. "Sit, sit, I'll get something to drink...? Water? Tea?" he asks, gesturing the others to sit on his very retro furniture. A three seater couch as a pair of armchairs are on offer.

18. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram felt the pledge take shape around and through them, tying the words into a relationship between everyone present. It was at once, reassuring and uncomfortable.

The Render went in first, looking around the house, marking any additional exits. He gave a slight sniff at being asked to remove his shoes. Really? How did one get to be an Ogre and consider dirt that unwelome? However, having had it brought to his attention, Ram couldn't exactly refuse. Not if Professor Pig considered dirtying his floor to be some kind of harm.

Ram careful undid his boot laces, before putting at the top of the rack where he could easily grab them in a hurry.

"Waters, fine," he replied, eyes still sweeping and noticing the books and another archway.

"So, Oliver" he asked, unable to hold it in any longer as he took a seat on the three seater "What's with the symbol on the gate outside?"

20. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
Page 11 of 27 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... Last
Closed Thread