(Hedge Patrol II) Doorstep Combat
Jun 15, 2021 - Jun 24, 2021
Hedge Patrol III
Sep 14, 2021 - Nov 21, 2021
(Those Cast Aside) Tenure and Extension
Sep 14, 2021 - Nov 25, 2021
Reflections of the Past
Dec 11, 2021 - Dec 19, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 27 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole paused and waited for the rest of the group to catch up. Only when he felt that the others had all entered the Gate did he dare to turn around, shuffling into an odd position so he could keep an eye on the path in front and behind. His lip curled into a grimace as he heard the thorns creak, groan, and shift as his perception changed - like it was alive and toying with him.

The image of a cat with a mouse bubbled up from the depths of his mind, quickly suppressed.

"That works for me too. A Hollow gives us something to work toward. And if it gets us closer to where your last patrol was, the better I guess. If you guys had trouble the last time, then a second look will confirm if there is some danger on our doorstep or not. If there is... Well, we'll have something to report."

2. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

0 Scenes

Anatole's shadows press in with an inhale, then out as the Fear leaden Glamour swarms the 'Gate. Shadows drip into the Hedgerune giving it a leaden, mirror bright light. The Archway groans, the dirt curling and crumbling away, shifting as the shadows cling and shape their entry into the Hedge.

Before them, the tunnel, if it can be called a tunnel, extends a few meters more, the curved roof breaking into chunks before falling away completely, revealing the slate winter sky, the walls hold out for several feet more before it likewise crumbles to nothing, showing the wide-tight-ever expanding-always claustrophobic dead winter branches, curling, hungry, and sharp.

Their quest, their route awaits the Ogre to take point.

Perception my lovelies! (Remember your Clarity!)

And We'll need INT + Survival! And yes! It can be Teamwork Rolls!

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"Alright people," Ram said stepping forward to the front, keeping center of mass low "Stay frosty."

With that he started out, keeping eyes front with occasional quick glance to either side of the path. Breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth he started to fall into the steady vigilance and pace the Hedge required. Taking in the smells of dead wood and winter air. Listening for sounds coming from the deadened sky.

"So, Anatole," he said with a casual air "You should probably take third position till we get a better idea what you can do." The dwarf hadn't said but now that they were in the Hedge Ram didn't think staying in one spot too long for an explanation was a good idea "I know from talk around the Freehold you didn't get hurt falling down any stairs. Got any preferences when it comes to combat?" Ram hoped he wasn't hitting a sore spot but it was important to know. Though given how injured the dwarf had seemed at the party, it was also obvious that the group still lacked a medic.

"I was also talking with Gerrit a bit ago. Mentioned you might have some talents for tracking people down?" Would it be okay to discuss the fetch now. It might take his mind off dangerous thoughts that could bring trouble through the Hedge to them. Or would it call to the fetch?

1 success

1 success
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

6. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Crossing over the threshold brought a lot of emotions up in the Ogre. Most prominently worry about the Lost traveling with him and nagging fear of what they would encounter, but there was also a tiny bit of anticipation for whatever laid ahead. He didn't want to admit it, but there was a part of him that wanted to feel the rush of violence again. That's just the Hedge manipulating you.
    So he told himself.

Like last time, he mostly focused on keeping their way back in sight - it served them well the last time. It also added the benefit of alerting them of any danger coming from their rear. That is, if you do your job properly.

Perception: 2 successes

Navigation assist: 1 success

Although Winter changed how their surroundings felt and looked, he thought he could make out some similarities to their last patrol. He pointed the ones he deemed helpful enough out to the others as they went.

He was relieved when Ram addressed Anatole about his Fetch-problem. Now the cat was out of the bag and he could be sure that he didn't act fully out of line by asking the Wizened for help.

Equipment: Backpack - 1 bottle of water, First Aid Kit, Rope (from climbing gear).

8. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

(Pathfinder (Catch met))Glamour 0 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

As Cassandra starts down the path with the others, she absently pulls a small thorn from the bushes beside her, as if instinct upon entering the Hedge. She plays with the thorn between her fingers and allows it to prick a finger, drawing blood and allowing it to simply drop onto the ground. An offering. She closes her eyes and concentrates.

Pathfinder 1 Success

Is there danger lurking on our current path to the Hollow Ram has specified?

She takes a moment to breathe in and out, relaxing her body completely, listening to every rustle of the leaves and wind, but there is a level of distraction, considering all of the possibilities of danger surrounding them. Perhaps a lingering effect of using Dreams. I should have seen coming what happened last time. Oh wait... I did. I did sense the danger.

Perception Failure

That thought bothers her, but while she finds herself distracted by the thoughts of danger, she does, with the help of her friends, manage to keep her wits about her as she takes point guiding them. She shouldn't feel a sense of peace as she navigates, but the feeling that for once she knew what she was doing and was useful was an incredible feeling.

Traversing the Hedge 3 Successes

10. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole sucked his teeth, then shrugged.

"Third position it is, then. Your patrol, your call. But I can fight. Yeah... Iron Meg. I was bait. Normally I prefer my trusty axe, here."

The dwarf gestured to the weapon carefully slung over his shoulder.

"As for tracking people... I might. If I can't do it myself or through contacts, I can also listen and help with your plans - we got more options than them regular folks if we really want to locate someone. But that has its price."

He spoke carefully, stepping back so that @Cassandra could take her place at the front of the group.

He studiously avoided looking at Gerrit

As he finished his sentence, Anatole risked looking over at Ram

All the dissembling meant the dwarf was completely oblivious to his surroundings.

failure

failure

12. Likes Shenanigans, , Aeolus liked this post

0 Scenes

To Cassandra, the Wyrd snakes around her senses, invoked by the Clause, she knows the answer to her question is a resounding yes.

Ram and Gerrit, sense keen, see things that mark the Hedge as familiar despite the Seasonal change. The Hedge around them is keeping shape, playacting as docile, and tamed, though no one who knows the Hedge could be stupid enough to think the Hedge is properly 'tamed'. As they move forward, they notice the subtle marks that because glowing beacons of those hedge insects are noticeable missing. Other then that, nothing seems obviously out of place.

The Ogres and the Fairest work well in tandem, their last trial proving a solid basis for teamwork, the Wizened seems just out of step, lagging a little behind as he tries to aid their efforts, the lack of coordination doesn't hinder their efforts however, and so the Lost continue forward, their goal, their destination, firmly in mind.

And another INT + Survival! And yes, of course Teamwork is welcome!

14. Likes Aeolus, Shenanigans liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

As they seemed to be making decent progress, Ram focused a bit more on his role of forward scout. Working to keep his senses open while not paying quite as much attention to how those things he sensed played into the... navigation?... storyline?

He was still new to making his way through the Hedge in practical purposes and what little he did know came from his last trip. Now that they were heading in a different direction he felt a bit lost when looking for landmarks.

He heard Antatole suck his teeth. Was the dwarf angry at being placed third? "With Cassandra as navigator second keeps her behind lines of defense while still giving a better view than further back," he explained, just in case the spite that infected all Wizened had been hit "If we run into trouble though, feel free to move up if the trouble's from the front. Unless you're better at ax throwing," he said with a small smile as he continued to check surroundings.

Gerrit and Cassandra remained quiet. He hoped not becoming lost in thought. Though maybe that was just him projecting his own fears onto them.

"I'd appreciate it," Ram replied to the dwarf's offer of tracking help "Been in the city a while looking for my other half." He kept the rage banked for now, this wasn't the time "Haven't had much luck, so depnding on the price I might be willing to pay."

Talking about his fetch always got him a little on edge and he did his best to channel that into checking every detail around them. Like the evil make shift twin of the Fair Folk might jump out at any moment.

"Not, seeing any signs of bugs," he updated the group.

3 successes

failure
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

16. Likes , Aeolus, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

"No sign of danger here either." The way they've been coming along has eased the Ogre's worries a bit - although he reminded himself not to lose his focus in careless hopes.

2 successes

He kept his attention on where they came from, pointing out patterns or prominent features in the Thorns - it's been working so far, after all. Listening to Anatole and Ram, the Stonebones wondered if he should speak up. Anatole seems hesitant - would it help if I cleared the air and told him that I've been asking on Ram's behalf? He could, but that would almost imply that the Wizened hadn't figured that out himself.

A small gust of cold fresh air breezed past him as Gerrit cleared his throat anyway. "So, in case you're still wondering. Ram's the friend I've been talking about when I asked for your help." He really wanted to look at his fellow Ogre at this moment, but he didn't dare neglecting his duty. "Ram, I didn't want to go over your head so I haven't told Anatole any names, in case you were wondering." It was kind of self-indulgent, but he wanted to make clear that the Summer's trust wasn't foolishly put into Gerrit. "And Anatole: if you have any doubts about Ram, then I would fully vouch for him. He is good people and deserves any help you could give him." He pressed his lips together after that outburst. That came out more dramatically than he had intended, but he stood by what he said.

Equipment: Backpack - 1 bottle of water, First Aid Kit, Rope (from climbing gear).

18. Likes , Shenanigans liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

failure

Anatole is too busy focussing on Ram to take much notice of the Hedge. His mind is working, clicking into gear and laying things in place: things he drew from his conversation with Gerrit

What a stroke of luck. The motley he was forming had already earmarked Ram as a person of interest; Gerrit had been added as well. And now the Render had pretty much made his connection to Gerrit apparent, given the turn of conversation. The wizened schooled his face but still an eyebrow rose and his lip curled through his effusive curls.

"Your other half, huh? Hmm. I have a few people I could ask. But if you really want to find them... Ever considered using your dreams? Your and your... other half... are bound by sympathy. You share a bond and you can follow it to them if you take a trip through Dream. The catch is simple, really. You share a bond - we all do to our Fetch - and you can track them down with it; of course, they can do the same to you. And probably will if they catch you snooping in their dreams. Thats the risk."

Anatole laid it out, simply and oh! So off the cuff. Like it was nothing.

20. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 27 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread