Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Meetings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Lascia perdere," she waves off Ram's offer of compensation. "Help me on some skull kicking patrols and that's even."

As for the books, Circe shrugs having no idea. As for a library card? "Eh, probably? Ta both. I guess." Circe wasn't the biggest of readers. Though the Queen couldn't really match experiences with Ram. Circe knew what she'd looked like and what she didn't look like anymore. She could probably fix the former ignorance by checking her phone.

A blue hand darts out to grab another slice. Then blue lips purse in a hum of thoughts. Circe then laughs, "I don't remember who it was. There used ta be a bunch of Summers, we got this place, then it was just me and another dude." She starts eating the pizza. She smirks at Ram, "I won the challenge ta be Queen since neither of us really wanted the job, but I kind of adapted ta it."

"Oh ho ho ho ho ho! Ram my bro,"
    she bites the pizza again with her laughter bouncing off the plywood maze. "I didn't teach them shit!"

"Oh ho ho ho ho!" Ram was going to get along just fine with Circe, "Ya totally have the chest fer a corset, oh ho ho ho!" Yes he was going to fit with Circe quite well. "Personally I prefer kevlar since I've gotten shot before. Plus ya can wear some under other stuff," to demonstrate Circe uses the can to thump against her chest. It is a solid sound.

"Ooooooh," at the idea of tearing things down, "I've seen Hollows with lots of doors, so makes sense. Destruction though?" Ram finds out that Circe's teeth are very white when she smiles widely, "Always fun. Personally I prefer more mundy, uh mortal solutions," she nods, "Dynamite, gunpowder, and gasoline are cheap. And fun."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

He wasn’t sure what her words meant but her hand wave was dismissive of payment. “Skull kicking. I can do that,” he said with a half smile.

On the topic of finding out about his fetch he shrugged a bit “You probably know more than me anyways. Though I should probably say that I was a lot smaller back then. Hell, the bastard probably only looks marginally like me nowThe chances of him being able to step into the life his fetch had lived for him were minimal. It made him want to kill it even more.

“I’m guessing it wasn’t a storytelling contest,” Ram teased Circe for her bare bones summation. “You didn’t want the job?” That was a bit surprising to hear her admit. Though given it had only been her, the crown might have fallen to her anyway.

Ram’s laughed was tinged a bit with concern when she said she hadn't taught them anything. “Why not?” Winning was great and all but it was Summer that fought for the Freehold and an army without soldiers needed to make sure the other Seasons could fight if called.

“Yeah, but kelvar’s expensive. And has even fewer sizes available than the women’s section.” Though truth be told he probably wasn’t getting either whalebone or bulletproofing without things being made custom for his frame.

The Render smirked a bit “Dynamite might be more flashy but nothing beats asking the Stones to help you tear out a support beam with your bare hands.”
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The heat of the room shoots up as the Queen's Mantle flare full power. Circe snorts, "I hear that," the grimace Ram sees on her face is nostalgic, "I used ta be flatter with black hair, but the worst nightmare ever made me a curvy, dusky blonde that is often feeling blue," she sips her soda. Bitterness and misery loves company. But anger was winning out in her voice, "Don't even have the same fingerprints. Should check again ta see if a SWAT team took mine out yet." Looks alone prevented her from claiming her old life. The danger of her Fetch's mortal allies and foes made it statistically unlikely she'd have any chance of killing it. That gave her and Ram something that might be i common. Or perhaps she can help him retake his life when she can't have her own?

Ah good on Ram, he provided a change in subject. The Mantle dials back, "Our Mantles, the sign of how much we embrace Summer, was the same. Our predecessor liked paperwork," that was the excuse she was going under, "We didn't want ta go through the hassle of trial by combat. So a simple contest of chance settled it."

"Why not?" She was confused. Then realized what he meant, "Ah that! Because I know how ta shoot wings off a fly but most of 'em prefer less modern arms," she eats her pizza. "Me? I'm at bar brawl level fer fists and I know the pointy end goes inta the asshole ya want ta die," she laughs at the explanation. She truly lacked the skills to teach close quarter combat. "There's a Spring who's way better at close quarters then me. And knife throwing too," she holds up her hand with the index finger up, "I think the Lil' Monkey could go full Matrix dodging if I gave her an energy drink."

"That is cool, but I've destroyed evil fae shit with the mundy tools more then my hands. Burnt down a living stag statue, didn't get a damn trophy," she growls at that part in annoyance, "Aaaand blew up a villain's Hollow," the smile that fades, "But the only supplier I have fer TNT wouldn't be outta place in a Batman comic."

"Eh, vest's are adjustable and worth the expense, saves of the Goblin Fruit. Imma try Hedgespinning some ta cut costs but I haven't a clue if it'll work,"
    she shrugs with a shake of her head, "I've made skin suits but only mundy. I'm waiting on spider silk before I give 'em a spin. Fer pun!" Ram gets an expectant smile from Circe. She wants to see if he gets it. With his pragmatism it'd be a perfect match!
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

The sounds of battle rose with the heat, though not enough to compare But he understood the reason. The rage. “Fuck the bastards,” he stated, raising his drink and draining it full, before taking another. “Fuck Them.”

“Paperwork?” He sounded a bit incredulous but at the same time he had to admit that sounded useful. “Well, chance ain’t traditional but then… the Freehold hardly holds to custom as it is.”

The Orge rubbed his hands together “I have to admit, it’s got me worried. Not just what you’ve aid but the whole fact that Fealty Pledge isn’t holding.” He rubbed his neck. “I don’t know how long this has been going on… but it sounds like an attack on the Foundation.” At least from his own view.

Ram’s eyebrows knitted together. Again, not a glowing recommendations. Though it did speak of broad expertise. “From what I’ve seen… From what I’ve heard…. The other seasons could probably learn a thing or two. Since Summer is normally just you.” It felt wrong to call out his queen but at the same time it was all he could do.

Ram gave a small sigh “I’m a Render. Made to destroy. I get TNT is cheaper… But I come free. Less damage to the surrounding area too.” He normally didn’t state it so plain but there it was.

“Don't know anything 'bout Hedgespinning," Ram said "But could hardly fit e better than normal women's sizes."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cazzo loro duro con un trapano" Circe agrees with Ram. Her own beverage is empty and the can crushed. "I'll help ya with it in a heartbeat."

"Wyrd one," was her explanation of her predecessor, "Not as bad as the wannabe general whose cohorts muscled onta the throne and left a month later but plenty weird."

"The monarchs have fixed that," she assured him about the Fealty Pledge, "We found a work around ta the lack of Winters in town. A magical fix that solves the problem and lets the Fealty Pledge kick in." Circe chuckles as she gives a thumbs up, "Three sovereigns working together ta fix the problem, kinda why this Freehold works so well. Shit, did that sound a lil' politician to ya?"

"Yeah little hard ta teach 'em shit when with only my schedule," she concedes Ram has a point, "I earned the nickname of gunbunny. I really like 'em and they don't. Be good ta have someone ta coordinate the training. Probably be a lot easier ta set up then just me picking shit up and putting it down," and yet she couldn't not joke about it.

And then Ram discovers how adorable a Circe pout can be. "Ya missed the pun. And I can Hedgespin in other sizes dude," she explains to him with a flat voice, "I mean I ain't gonna have ya go Rocky Horror and only supply ya with women's armor. I can do weapons too, but not guns," she sighs in disappointment. "Trying ta make some accessories lately, really need ta chat with the other crafters on that," Circe pulls out her phone to give herself a reminder.

6. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“Chazzo what now?” Bilingualism was not something he was used to. Which thinking about it was odd. What where the chances that his Keeper only took people that spoke English? One more thing to add to the mind screw that was the Durance. “Thanks. I will try to pay it back,” he warned. It only seemed right.

“Yeah, from what I’ve heard city isn’t exactly stable.” To be fair, he had admitted that he wasn’t sure he belonged here. “Maybe it’s a Wyrd thing.” Though that wasn’t exactly a comforting though.

“A little politician,” Ram admitted “Well I mean the Wyrdstone is a work around… but it’s not the same thing,” Ram said. He didn’t want to contradict his Queen but it wasn’t a pledge. Who knew what vulnerabilities it gave the opposition. Cracks in the foundations that had protected Changelings for centuries. “I get it. Missing kings and queens. Small population. But I’m can’t say I’m entirely convinced it’s working.” He’d seen first hand how long the feeling of familiarity took to kick in and even then… betrayals could come in an instant.

“Well I’m good at hand to hand. Know nothing ‘bout guns or weapons.” He cracked the knuckles of both his thumbs. “But I’d be more than willing to teach the basics. And to learn about using weapons.” He’d never been allowed… made… to use them before.

“I wasn’t… I was just joking,” he said rubbing his neck. “I didn’t mean to imply you couldn’t...” He gave a small growl. Not directed at her but towards the more ephemeral embarrassment he felt. “Be happy for any armor or accessory you made.” He finished, a little stronger than he stated.

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Heh, sorry dipped inta my native language," the Italian accent should have hinted to Ram which language she means. Then her eyes shoot open wide as Ram finds a blue finger pointed at him after he says Wyrd thing, "Hah! Now yer getting inta the pun of it!"

The Wyrdstone was questionable but it still worked. Even if she wanted more of her kind of security for it. "Well it works, but I personally wanted ta install automated turrets around it ta protect it but turns out those are a pain ta turn off. And expensive." And the majority were for shooting down missiles so that too.

"Grand!" she raises her drink in salute at his offer, "Get the monkey involved and we got four o' the big five killy tricks covered," then drinks letting out an ah at the end. "Autumn Monarch probably be good fer the Contract combat and I ain't having explosives taught." Circe was a violent mad woman, but mad angry. Not mad stupid and crazy.

Circe used her Italian accent to maximum value, "Foget about it," not paying any mind to the growl. It seemed to lift her spirits that he was angry. "Like I said, mundy armor I can get ta spare. Bulletproof I'd hafta charge fer but if we drop something in the Thorns and yer willing to haul the bits of it back," she chuckles, "I'd consider that price paid in full fer Hedgespun armor. If ya like it up close fer fights, I'd go with knight armor, or uh samurai? Whichever ya prefer." Save for style they weren't really that different.

She then pauses in thought as she eyes Ram up and down. "Hmm," big, wide, and muscles. In theory he might be able to pull off shot gauntlets. Punch punch bang. Things weren't even regulated due to impracticality of a gun that required you to punch somebody to shoot them.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“Yeah, I mean, obviously,” he that hadn’t been English. At least he really hoped that wasn’t the case. “What did it mean?” He felt a bit like a kid asking questions like that but how else was he going to learn.

Ram nodded his head to the side and twitch to the side a bit in agreement. Automated turrets did sound better than nothing. “Being honest, I don’t think cost or turning them off is that much trouble for keeping the artifact holding the freehold together. Though a loyalist Wizened could probably make that a problem,” he admitted. Still sounded like the stone needed better defenses.

“Sonnie?” he asked a bit dubiously when the exotic Fairest brought up the Monkey “I mean she said she knows kung fu but…” she was one the Freehold’s best fighters. The fear Ram felt at that moment could have turned his Mantle Autumn.

“I’m…” Ram paused unsure how to phrase things “I was used to heavier armor. Full plate and all. But I’m not the same… way I was… before. I’d probably need to work up to full combat capability with the heavier stuff. Although,” he got another slice “I’d need the armor to practice in to begin with.” Between the work of making a Hollow and getting a fake ID, it would probably take sometime to build up the stamina he needed to wear armor as he had. Probably would never happen unless he went back to Fairy but he’d know if he didn’t try.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmm? Oh," Circe laughs, "Fuck them hard with a drill," she smiles, "Oh ho ho ho ho! Good plan fer killing Fetches, right?"

"Oh when I say cost I mean the things are truck sized," was her clarification, "And there is juju, uh, fae security. I just prefer guns. Really, really prefer guns. My plan fer security looked like the baby of a warzone and a Japanese game show."

His doubts of Sonja Wu gets Circe laughing again, "Yeah she don't look dangerous does she? Like the kinda person that'd be good fer making kids laugh," Ram had a right to doubt her based on her looks. Witch made her more dangerous. "I saw her beat a briar wolf ta death with a whacking stick. She can fight."

Right she nods as he speaks. And killed her thoughts about shot gauntlets. If Ram couldn't pull off knight plate he'd probably pull off the gauntlets. "Eh fair enough I guess. Had some other plans but if ya can't do knight metal, probably wait on shot gauntlets. Where'd ya want the football pads dropped off?"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“Sounds a bit unfair to the drill.” Ram grinned and chuckled.

Ram still seemed skeptical of her reassurances, but then he was generally disbelieving in most defenses, fey or not. He had literally been made to break them down. “Has there been any luck in figuring out how to get the pledge working again? Or it stopped functioning in the first place?” His best advice would be to not need anything to protect in the first place. Although the fact that the Season promises weren’t holding in the first place maybe said someone had already beaten that defense.

Ram blew out his cheeks. On the one hand it was good to know Spring had some fighters. On the other, she wasn’t Summer. “Well, I’ll see if I can’t set up a class or something. See if I can’t get her and Rhodes to help out.” It would probably depend on existing skill level at what level he actual taught and demonstrated.

“I mean, I can wear plate easy enough.” Ram said with a partial shrug “Just gets in the way." Though that was true of most armor "Slows me down more than it did.” He corrected himself. Though if he was being honest he wasn’t that fast to begin with.

13. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread