Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Private Scene Shamans United? - Page 2
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Shamans United?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, that was it. Problems connecting with people, common, but, still.

Pouring some fresh coffee into her cup, she offers him some before speaking, “It doesn’t sound the greatest. But having problems not being able to connect with people is not all that uncommon. Given the time we live in, where a lot of our interactions are done online and not face to face, it seems to be more common, connection not easy to make.” She wasn’t completely sure of the metaphor, but it doesn’t stop her from listening. “Have you just not spent much time getting to know people? Even on a simple level, it can be a huge thing.” Whoa, wait a second here, no crying. That wasn’t ok. That was emotions on a level she didn’t deal with, or even know how to deal with. “But in some way, you are saying you think you are smarter and better. By thinking people are worse off by not listening to you, or heeding what you advise, you’re, in some ways, diminishing them and their intelligence. You might have the right answer, but not everyone wants that. Some thrive on working a problem out on their own, and simply want someone to support them and their efforts.” Did that come out right? “There isn’t anything wrong with wanting people to see what you do, but everyone is just, different?” she looked thoughtful for a moment, “I think that’s the right word for it. Maybe.” A light laugh, then looking a bit more serious, “That probably didn’t come out as good as it did in my head.”

2. Likes Xander, Ruach liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima coughs lightly, clearing his throat and composing himself. "I apologize for that. I try to avoid extreme emotion, for the obvious dangers involved. Sometimes it bubbles out."

He listens to Aurora carefully, nodding along at times. "You're right, you're absolutely right. I just wish some that someone would try to see the resonating effects our actions have. It'd be nice to have someone to talk to. Sadly, the newcomers strike me as more likely to study in your department than mine. Perhaps, that's part of the issue, I just need to be comfortable and confident in my own practice and not worry about having a second opinion to count on."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hand waves it off, “No need to apologize. I hear emotion is an important human trait.” Another joke? Well, it was her way of dealing with emotions. “I’m just not very good at knowing how to handle them.” It was true.

“Resonating effects? In what way?” was he meaning Spirit? Or something else? “Well, I’m not completely ignorant in your department, I can pull my own weight in it. But it wasn’t as easy for me to pick up on. For a while, it was just me, and my department seemed the more pressing need, so I focused on it more. I find what you specialize in fascinating, and would like to understand it better. So maybe you can help me with it.” A way to work together?

“Confidence is always important to have in our field. And you can still get a second opinion, I’m not bashful and if I think your idea is stupid, I’ll tell you.” A smile again, “But seriously, just because someone isn’t as good in the department, doesn’t mean they can’t give you an opinion. Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes, they do help. Make you pause for a second, and things can look different.” Shrugging. “At least in my experience and all that.”

6. Likes liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

He smirks at her joke. "I've found that suppression is the most tactical answer."

"In all the ways one could interpret. An act of kindness gets paid forward on many levels, while an act of hate gets repeated over and over in worse ways. Like the big bang, everything thing will keep rippling outward, sometimes gaining momentum and size, sometimes fading into the infinite void. It's truly fascinating to study because you can see the Observer Effect in action. It'd be a honor and a pleasure to study with you. Things are moving on so many levels, and we're only scratching the surface at finding the Truth."

He raises an eyebrow, "Are you sure you won't accept a nomination to be Chairman of the Board? You seem to be one of the most patient, and straightest shooters in the company. I mean, you have your cranky moments, but I'm a conniving asshole, so I have no room to judge."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of agreement, “It’s worked quite well for me in life so far.” So why change it?

“Ah, like with Fate and threads that connect us and everything.” She understood a bit about Fate. “And the butterfly effect.” Which could always be a fun discussion with the right people. “That aside, I believe what you’re saying. I’ve acted out of anger in the past, and I paid dearly for it. Did my actions save those around me?” a half-hearted shrug, “Yes. But the universe never forgets, and always gets what it’s owed. So I firmly believe we have to be careful what we put out there and what our actions cause.” It was something she was still struggling with. “Great! Because your area is not one I’m good at really understanding. I’ve used it, and it’s resulted in some fascinating interactions. So more understanding would be great! And if there is something, I can help you with, let me know.” See, helping.

Chuckling as she shook her head, “That’s nothing I ever really wanted. And I’m really not that patient, biting my tongue in the meetings and not banging heads together has been far too hard. I don’t have the patience I used to have, and the way some are skilled at only hearing what they want and twisting it has my patience at close to nil.” The Circle was about to gain a fish tank. “Has no one else been a straight shooter? Because that’s the only way to handle things in my opinion. Bullshitting someone or dancing around a problem gets nothing solved.” Another laugh, “Conniving asshole huh? Have you been secretly plotting something?” blue eyes narrow with mock suspicion, before she smirks.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

A shrug, "Kind of like fate I suppose, next time we meet I'll show you what I mean."

He raises an eyebrow, "Have we been to the same meetings? One of your fellows had the audacity to lecture me as to how a meeting of the board should be held, trying to hold me to the rules of the Parliamentary procedure. I felt obliged to remind them that a town hall meeting and the board of directors are not the same thing. We have not gotten along well since. Politics and business should not mix, in my opinion."

He laughs along with her, "Oh my, I plot constantly, to paraphrase Churchill, plots are of little importance but plotting is essential. I see only one thing standing in the way of our collective success, ourselves. We have spent months bickering over internal issues, while external threats persist." He shrugs, "Time will tell which was the greater threat I suppose."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a slow sip of her coffee, she thinks for a second. “What you’re describing is why I got out of politics. Well, part of the reason I did.” The other wasn’t a tale she wanted to share at this point. “I don’t have the mind or heart for it. Someone is always snippy about something; someone is always disagreeing with something or someone and not many are willing to sit down and discuss it like adults. Some are very passionate about it and what they believe is right and some just don’t care.” A half-hearted shrug, “No happy medium with it. Though I’m seriously considering bringing a flask to the next meeting.” Like seriously, she has one ready to go.

A small smirk, “Constantly? When do you have time for personal matters?” she had that discussion with Campy already about all work and no play.

“The external threats will always be there. It’s one of the joys of our lives. But I think to handle them more efficiently, we need to work better together. The last threat I handled, well, helped handle, we worked extremely well together. I knew my role, and the other two knew theirs. And we got things done. But if we are always tearing each other apart over politics and petty shit, well, we’re setting ourselves up to lose.”
    Looking down at her coffee, she gets lost in a memory for a moment. “But there is no right answer to either. The internal conflict among our group will always be there as well. Personalities and all that.”

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

"Hmmm, if it will take passion to get things done, we could always set Skye upon the council. Have you had the chance to meet our resident forest pixie?"

He swirls the last of his coffee around, "Personal matters, you mean get a life?" A pleasant chuckle. "Who has the time? I have my calling and my practice, my days are full and fulfilling."

"I agree, and I'll endeavor to play better with the other kids on the playground in the future. Back to personal matters," smooth non-sequitur dork, "what fills your time?"
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“The one with the pink hair?” she asks for clarification. “I met her briefly, but didn’t really get to talk to her. And I’d want to get to know her better before putting that responsibility on her. Not everyone wants it.” And she was a bit…odd?

Nodding, “Yes, get a life.” Well, it was important. “There is always time for yourself and getting out. See, if you get out more, you get the chance to interact with more people. A good way to improve your people skills. Plus, you cannot be all work all the time.” Sipping her coffee, “That’s an early grave right there.” Seems she was dragging two people out.

“It’s not about playing nice, but about knowing which battles to fight. Some of the pokes and jabs aren’t even worth a second thought.”
    Was it hard? Yeah. But stop giving them what they want and they go away. “My time? Oh, a few things. When I’m not training, I refurbish old furniture and brew beer. Not really exciting, but, it can be fun.”

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima nods, "You definitely should. She makes a lovely addition to our department, a reminder of the old ways of doing business."

His eyes brighten. "You brew beer?! I never would have guessed. It seems we have something in common there, kind of. I make my own kombucha, but I've always wanted to try to make a honey mead. Could I try yours sometime?"
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread