Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Spring Things

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Excellent questions," The Silver Ladder smiled approvingly, "I believe that, just like everyone else in the world, the people in the justice system vary in quality and morality. I think most of them got into it wanting to make the world a better place"

"Cops wanting to protect their neighborhoods, justices wanting to live up to the name," Naga gestured with one hand in a rolling motion as she cited the examples. "I know some have become corrupt, or have been worn down by life into apathy and Quiescence. However, there's still those trying to make the system work as it was meant to be."

Another small sip of her soda, "How about yourself? How do you view the system?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Too trusting? She could see it.

“Are you saying you talk about magic in public?” cause not ok. Big red flag right there. “I wouldn’t go as far as a personality transplant. But you should remember that not talking about all this,” magic, “keeps us all safe. There are things that Sleepers don’t need to know about. Maybe if you feel yourself slipping, you could have a way to distract yourself or something. Like how some people have those elastic bands on their wrists, and snap them when they need to refocus or something. Some way to make you pause a second.” Maybe. She had no clue.

“Don’t worry about.”
    a hand waving.

“Honestly is always appreciated.”

She was having problems grasping this. “Then why not work towards doing it? Then spend however long you need like that? I mean, I can do it at a level where you won’t get lost in the form, but Kaze,” a pause, “you’re asking me to throw a vulgar spell around, risk the universe biting me in ass again. This sounds like casting vulgar magic, which is going to hit me, just so you can experience something.” Bad idea dude. “I can understand you wanting the experience, and I want to help you. But nothing is going to be the same as it is in a dream. Have you looked into that whole dream meaning thing? Maybe there is something else to it, if it’s repeated.” Kinda made sense. If you believed in the whole dreams having meaning thing.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods at Aurora's suggestion of an elastic band or otherwise reminder rather than lobotomy approach to keeping private things private.

At her objection and observation on asking her to cast the spell on him, Kaze sighs and nods, "You're right, I am sorry. That's what I meant, really. I was hoping I could learn from you, to get the understanding and discipline to be able to cast it myself, at the level where I don't get lost in the form. I was also hoping to learn about the level where I can get lost in the form, I mean how lost can I get? Can there be permanent effects after the spell runs out?" He asks.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She wanted to help him, but he wasn’t making it easy.

“I can respect you wanting to learn and improve; we all want that. But having someone turn you into a bird won’t teach you anything. If that is your goal, then work towards it, earn it.” That wasn’t how magic worked. “The first level you learn is the one with that risk.” One of those things that gets better with practice.

“How lost? Well, from my understanding, you can lose your very conscious. Think of it this way, you transform into a bird, your then mind fights with itself over its new mindset, its new instincts and you have to fight to stop those instincts from taking over. Your mind can get lost in whatever creature you have transformed into. I’m not completely sure if it’s permanent or not, as I never tried it at that level. But I suppose there could be those lost permanently.” Thinking for a moment, “Just because we have the power to do something, doesn’t mean we have to. I only did to keep the others safe. But any Arcana at high levels is dangerous.”

Then a shrug, “I haven’t noticed any lingering effects. It was a bit disorientating at first, but it hasn’t effected me.”

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pixel chowed down as Naga spoke of her more pragmatic vision of the justice system.

"Before I awakened I thought they were all crooked. I'm from Baltimore where The Man isn't known for transparency or integrity. I think we've been through four police commissioners in three years? Not good."

His smile creases into a thin line as he shakes his head.

"It's tempting to say that they meant well, but you also just said varying degrees of morality. In the past ten years officers were arrested for dealing heroin to people and stealing money out of wallets during pat downs just to start off. They take advantage of people and when they get caught the badge is the first thing they try to hide behind."

Which, really, was his way of confessing why he was a Libertine. Authority is the original sin of the Exarchs, how original.

"Which isn't to say all cops are crooked. When you Awaken and find out reality is a prison and everyone on all sides of an issue are being Lied to it's easy to dig in and say you were right for being suspicious. Which just makes it that much more insidious. That's kinda why I wanted your take, being on the other side and all. Seeing what Truths and Lies you saw to better understand what was my personal experience and what was more universally True or False."

Pixel always threw his thoughts around at other people, particularly about education and school. Where he differed from other Libertines is that he wasn't trying to persuade. It was to get them to talk about their beliefs. An exchange of ideas was always informative. It was about learning and growth. It's why he wanted to meet the new people as Herald. To learn their Truths and, perhaps in the process, learn the Lies he carried with him.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, I did." The Théarch played with a string of cheese dangling off one side of her pizza slice, setting it back with the rest of it's kind. "However, varying doesn't mean an equal split. People usually don't get into law enforcement or the judicial system wanting to get rich and bully people. I believe the majority wanted to do good, from the outset."

"As you cited, corruption can sometimes run very deep." She glanced about the yard, "My take is, the system is the best one Sleepers have. It's far from perfect, and the Exarchs have taken advantage of that. I'm here to push back, and show that the law can make things better. Someone's got to lead the charge." Might as well be her, right? The Silver Ladder is the path to victory, after all. If she was willing to take the steps, others will follow. Surely?

"So," she smiled curiously, "what was all that in the meeting about brainwashed mages, and of what are they an example? You were eliminating me as a suspect, perhaps?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods. "Right." He says, "I get that. Work on it, practice, identify and accept the risk to get where I want to go." He says more to himself than to Aurora.

He sighs, "Thanks. I mean, this probably all seems pretty obvious to you, but it really helps me whenever I talk to you, seriously." Kaze says.

"I am further along now then I was the last time we talked." Kaze explains, "Well, I think so anyway, I guess in some ways it could seem like I took a step back or two. Anyway, I put studying medicine on hold to work on Prime, to the point where I could transform my aura and cloak spells. Weavebreaker was almost the first person I met when I got here, and I was really impressed with what she told me about how she used Prime to do those things when she studied at a regular uni, she said she had to back then, because it was too dangerous to be out there otherwise. Anyway, I think I am close to getting that worked out, and then I have a decision whether to focus more on studying regular medicine or Life." He says.

Kaze smiles. "So, anyway, thanks again. You always give me a lot to think about. How about you, if it's okay to ask. Are you looking for a place or planning anything in particular now that your back?" He asks. "I don't mean to pry, just, if there's anything I can help with, I'd be glad to help."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding as she spoke.

“Just because it’s obvious to me, doesn’t make it obvious to you or anyone else. I had to put in the time and learn it all, it doesn’t happen overnight. Though that would be really convenient.” And easier. “Plus, I’m willing to help you learn.” He certainly seemed dedicated to it.

“See, I don’t see that as a step back at all. Clocking spells is pretty awesome, and important. Though nothing I know how to do.”
    But, she didn’t cast all that often. “I remember her, she seemed really nice. And like she knew her stuff.” But, another face that had come and gone. “Medicine or Life? Depends on what way you want to go. Having mundane means to help someone could be very valuable. In case there are Sleepers around, you can still render aide. I can help with learning Life, but I can’t help with the more mundane side of it.” She had never learned much of that. A bit was picked up over the years from work injuries, but nothing professional.

“It’s fine to ask. And I’m doing better, Phoenyx has been helping me a lot, teaching me about meditating.” Which had been…interesting. “And Winter mentioned to me that my old loft was still open, so in the process of getting back in there. But it’s been kind of nice staying here, maybe I just need to get a roommate or something.” A shrug.

“And thanks. I’ve been really touched by how great everyones been since I’ve gotten back.”

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Thanks. I think I have a really good feeling about how things worked out, actually." He says.

"I know what I want to do the most, but it's good to step back, think about why I want it. Studying medicine is pretty pure; I want to do it to help people. The Prime was a necessary--I think--prep thing before I go full time, spending all my time in classes at the university and out in the field using what I learn."

Kaze nods thoughtfully, "Life is definitely what I want to do the most. I think I want it more...more urgently anyway, but I think I need to understand better why I want it so much before I make it a higher priority. Like, basically I think I need to learn more about myself before I learn more about Life. Somehow studying Life totally stirs up...emotions, passions, I don't understand. It feels great, but well, intoxicating, actually." Kaze muses.

"I think I will still push my study to Master Life before any other arcana, if I master any arcana at all. And I totally appreciate your offer to help me learn; I accept, by the way, gladly, and I will remember. I am really grateful. I think it might be a while before I get to that point."

He smiles at Aurora, "There have been a lot of great people that have been here and gone just in the year and a half since I got here. You give me hope, Aurora, because you came back. Thank you. I mean, I understand you must have your own reasons, but seriously, thank you for coming back!"

Kaze nods, "Medication is great. I need to do it more, actually. I think I will have the chance to really get back into it, you know, when I'm doing the sentence."

Kaze smiles again, "Anyway, please add me to the list of people you will tell if you need anything. I have a pickup truck, by the way, and I work cheap. If you need to move anything or if you buy anything big and need to get it home from the store; I can help."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He chomps the bits of the crust that were left and wipes his hands off on his jeans. Listening to what Naga was saying, he was under the impression his experience was the exception and not the norm. It didn't change his opinion on authority more generally, but he definitely had a chip on his shoulders.

"That's fair."
    Pixel continues to smile. At this point she can pretty clearly tell it's as reflexive as breathing for him, though it didn't seem any less genuine. "It's definitely nice knowing we have someone we can depend on."

To her new questions he simply shook his head.

"Just an example of what a Mastigos can do. Without a Herald recognition is the responsibility of the Councilors and I know we had a bunch of stuff to discuss so I wanted to handle it as quickly as possible. With your spell ID I can tell if you started throwing Mind knives at people before I had a chance to properly vet you and get to know you. I don't want to be the Councilor that unwittingly let a Seer slide into the Concilium because the council had stuff to do so I didn't want to just say have a seat."

The smile did seam to dim a little as he spoke creasing into a thin line before continuing.

"What I really didn't expect was the reaction. I was trying to make sure we could ID you if something happened, and hopefully keep the concilium safe from anything further. Then people were looking around and acting like I asked you to strip or something. I specifically asked for the spell, and it was in the context of vetting a new mage. Plus it's just a spell ID, I can't even use it for sympathy without a true name."

The Free Councilor shrugged, picking up another piece of pizza and taking a bite.

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread