Jan 29, 2020 : (Broken Cycle) Night Terrors
May 25, 2020 : (Broken Cycle) Spreading the Word
(Broken Cycle) Wyrd on the Street
Jan 29, 2020 - Mar 17, 2020
(Broken Cycle) Night Terrors
Jan 29, 2020 - Mar 25, 2020
(Broken Cycle) Back on the Street
Mar 31, 2020 - May 19, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Eyes glance between Sonnie and Titania. Whatever their issue was, the Dread Lord did not have much patience. Greater Demons were afoot. His hand holds Sera's gently, keeping their fingers entwined.

"Whatever this squabble is, end it. Now." Emerald eyes bore are the Springs, and his mantle whipped outwards. "We need to work together if a Gentry stalks Sacramento."

Might have found. So Titania's is a theory alone. Not an unreasonable one, however.

Rhodes finishes his drink, ice rattling in the glass. "I think it would be a good idea if I saw this art myself. Perhaps I would be able to identify it's Arcadian properties." The Perhaps is only there for modesty. Of course he would.

"Lady Seraphina and I delved into the Dreaming, to root out the poison plaguing people with nightmares over winter," he says directly. "Between her entitlement and my arts, we found what appeared to be a melded dream across several dreamers. Scouring said dream drew the attention of a Gentry calling himself the Huntsman - with a description much like the one Sonja gave just before your arrival," he inclines his head to Titania. "Obviously, we came out of the dream. For us it had been a long night."

Rhodes moves to pour himself some tea. "A plan of action, then. First, everyone must be made aware. Second, anyone not satisfied with the safety of their home should move to one of the Freehold Hollows. They, at least, have wards. Third, Communication. Regular checks that we are all okay, at least once a day. We need to know if there is anyone we cannot reach. Fourth, seeing what we can learn, and if we can lure this huntsman elsewhere. And last..." he pauses, heavily, "Preparing to leave. In case."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

An eyebrow raises at the sarcasm from Sonnie. Tired eyes looking from one Spring to the other. Did she miss something? Did she have the energy to even ask?

“In a Dream. But I couldn’t tell if they were girls or not, there was too many bandages to really tell.” Another sip of tea, “We’ve been going from Dream to Dream, trying to figure out what’s been going on.” Short story. Tired story.

Well, this was something. “Really guys? Do we have to do this now?” her tone strained, tired.

“While I agree, Springs don’t hide, this,” a pause, “this was something else. Combating this one isn’t going to be easy, and I don’t know if we have the numbers. I learned the hard way about trying to fight him.” She was too weak to save the Dreamers.

“But you’re right, panicking is going to make things harder to handle. We need to be smart about this, with clear heads.” And not bickering over lord knows what.

Well, not as nice as she put it, but right now, she didn’t care. Maybe they’d listen to him.

“And let’s not forget his wonderful hounds. They’re loads of fun.”
    Anger and a hint of fear in her words.

“Perhaps we should advise people to be careful in their Dreams as well.” Always good to know where you could come across your opponent. Looking to Rhodes, “Lets say we learn more about him, and can lure him somewhere, what then? I’m not too eager to have a repeat encounter with those hounds. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll protect everyone in this room with everything I have, but we need a solid plan of attack.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Excuse you?" Sonnie glared at Titania with indignity, "What bullshit were you watching? That guy freaked out and ran when he saw BOTH of us. He was hostile and paranoid before we ever got there. Don't stand there and blame me for something that didn't happen! And furthermore, it is not panicking to leave a True Fae's immediate hunting ground! It's just common sense!" The monkey was clearly agitated and exasperated by Titania's unique take on the situation.

She opened her mouth to continue her tirade, but Rhodes put a stop to that. She grumped and drained the rest of her water instead, and listened to the monarchs speak.

"Okay, I can help spread the word. I got my own Hollow now, and it's warded!"

Not enough!

The endless taco bar may have to wait a bit.

"Leave?" She raised eyebrows at the Autumn Lord. Not that the thought hadn't crossed her mind, but it surprised her to hear one of the freehold leaders say it.

Her eyes shifted to Seraphina, "Yeah... I've, um... I've been hunted before. Not by dogs, but... it's... it's not fun." The empty plastic bottle crinkled in her hands, a sudden nervous reflex as certain unpleasant memories came to mind.

It's not the Prince. This isn't the Jungle.

He's right, I should leave.

No! It may not come to that.

Keep a bag packed.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

5. Likes liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Sonnie is quite frankly a Lost cause, and a waste of time to boot. So, until they finally find a tamer to put her most unruly instincts to rest, she decides to dutifully and diligently ignore her outburst.
    Yes, a tamer. Better, a trainer. She smirks valiantly at the furry (just the tip!) Primate Sonnie Wu Abyssalstar
    "I will provide my assistance in the investigation of the Graffiti. I don't believe the situation is as dire as we're led to believe. The evidence is inconclusive. Do you remember the accident with the Detective? Even then, we could have panicked".
    The Queen was, of course, right. The Dreaming was their weak spot. How do you ward against something that can strike you while you rest?
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

7. Likes , Abyssalstar liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes muses, sipping his tea. It was refreshing after the drink to steady his nerves. He looks at Sera "Rather than lure him to a location, I would suggest to distract him away from ours. Very far away, ideally - then no-one need face him or his rabid beasts at all." It was a very autumn plan, but he was very much the Autumn King. "Once away from here I don't much care what he does as long as it isn't come back again."

He nods in agreement. "Time for more teaching, leaning more to Oneiromachy, I feel. It has been too long. Through Dream Pledges we can oversee each other's dreams and keep one another safe."

Emerald eyes look to Sonnie as she cuts herself off. "Yes, leave." The tone is heavy, but determined. "There is no shame in fleeing. Fear keeps us alive, is we have the awareness to heed it. We make sure all the changelings have the tools they need - Hedge Gates, Dream Pledges, and basic dream competency - to escape when needed." Rhodes slipped his hand into Sera's. Wherever they went, they would go together, of course. Neither would be able to convince the other of anything different.

People that did not heed Fear were either a fool or a hero - and in the Dread Lord's experience, people seeking to be heroes are the first ones to die. Not only do I have no intent of dying this day, I am actively seeking to put that day off as long as possible.

The Dread Lord turns to Titania. "The situation is dire. Titania, dear, this is not some two-bit mortal we can outwit with our not inconsiderable charms. One of the Gentry stalks our city and our dreams. This could only be worse if one had already been taken. I will not, I cannot be ignorant of the Fear this places us in. Some may choose to leave town just at the very notion of a True Fae being sighted here, and I would not blame them for doing so." The Dread Lord's mantle blew haunting whispers through the room. An extreme position? Perhaps, but no less true. He sighs. "But I agree that this... artwork, if Arcadian, merits investigation, even if to stop mortals from bumbling into this trap."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

9. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A hand goes to her forehead, eyes close, trying to tune out the bickering. While normally, she’d try and place peacekeeper, she just didn’t have it in her right now.

A gentle smile to Sonnie, “Congratulations! That's wonderful!” and she meant it, though she was a bit jealous. She still had to make time to make one for herself.

Shaking her head, “No, it isn’t. So lets try and make sure it doesn’t happen again. And more specifically, not here.” Not in their Freehold.

Then her eyes widen at Titania, “Not as dire? We came face to face with one of Them in a Dream. I was ripped from the Dream by his Hounds. Do you really not think that is dire? That he won’t come back? He’s made this his hunting ground, but I’ll be damned if he gets any of us. It might not be dire to you, but it’s pretty damn dire to me. Seeing one with my own two eyes is pretty conclusive. But if that’s not enough for you, then I only ask you to be extra careful, until it’s been dealt with.” She was shaking, her emotions were getting the better of her. After a deep breath, “I’m sorry Titania, but I cannot lose any of you to him.” A slight pleading in her voice.

Looking to Rhodes, a nod, “How do we lure him away?” if he was going to suggest himself, then she’d put a stop to that. No way. Not him. She wasn’t losing him.

“More training would be good. I’ve been working on a few things myself, but am always open to learn more.” Though not like she was much good against it.

But she didn’t want to leave. This had become her home, she had rebuilt so much of her life here. The feel of his hand in hers brings a small smile as she gently squeezes it. “Well, I hope it doesn’t come to that.” But, if it did, so be it.

“I was here when we defeated the Dragon, so I have faith we can defeat this thing and make everyone safe.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Was Sonnie above enjoying the sight of two Court monarchs, including their own, reality-checking Titania on her misconceptions over the danger the Hunstman presented? Nope, but at least she made it a point to turn her face towards the fire so as not to let the Bright One see the smug smile she was fighting.

She doesn't have the survival instincts Kong gave a floor lamp.

All the more reason to protect her.

After that was over, she looked back to Seraphina and nodded proudly, "It's not much, but it's my hidey-hole in case I need to, um, well... hide."

How did one lure anything away? "Bait. It's a hunter. It won't go after anything but prey," the Beast spoke from her experience.

"Yeah, more Oneiromachy training. I'm pretty good at it! Kicked Abe's ass! Maybe I outta sign up for another clause of the Contract of Dreams," the monkey mused.

"Oh!" Sonnie stood up and pulled out her phone. After fiddling with the device for a few moments, she walked over to Rhodes and showed him the picture she had taken of the graffiti. It was only an image of the Mask, of course. The Mien would never show on mundane technology. "This is what to look for. I can show you where it is..."

On a map.

"...if you really want to go down there."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

13. Likes liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Behold, the Court of Mercury. Their emotions running the full gamut. From self assurance, to pity, to denial to defiance all in one package.
    Should they stay, leave, fight, prepare to defend, hide? Really, those people. They could join the Winter Court and be done with it. Maybe all hide in the same closet.
    "We're the Emerald Court. Our weapons are unbrindled joy and desire, our grace is our succor. We merrily laugh at the perils we face. For we refuse to engage this game as if we were prey", she looks at them in defiance, a twinkle in her yes, "Such is the nature of the Wyrd sanctioned Oath we all swore to our Court", they could all leave if they so Wished. But she wouldn't hide.
    She turns her back on them "Your fear is like honey to them. Be mindful of that next time you dream", no more words need to be spoken,
    Maybe that Talent show didn't look so far-fetched. Strike at the Fae were it hurt them the hardest.

New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

15. Likes Abyssalstar, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes frowns. How did they lure him away? "I'm.... still working on that. Maybe the graffiti will give some insight."

He nods. Training would be fine. "If anyone wishes for more Contracts of Dream, I can certainly teach. And I hope it doesn't come to leaving either darling, but if it does, we need to be ready to." No point in being unrealistic.

Wait... prey? Rhodes swallows. "Ah.... well. There.... may be a small thought I had on that, in that I did some research. The Huntsman does notoriously chase targets." His voice drops considerably. "Especially those that are not caught... but escape." There was a very real chance it made him the perfect bait.

He looks at The Beast's pictures. "Excellent, that will be very helpful Sonnie, thank you," the Dread Lord says a little dispondently.

Eyes snap to Titania, and the Dread Lord's Mantle brushes out in an icy blast and gust of leaves. "Speak for yourself, Lady," he rumbles. "I swore no such Oath. I swore my vows to the Leaden Mirror. I am Dread Lord of this city, and you might do well to heed my knowledge of Fear. To deny it is to deny the simplest instinct of self-preservation. To waltz gaily and proud into the face of destruction with your choice weapons, your joy and your desire and the song in you heart will make you no less dead, a feast for his hounds of the eternal hunt, and doing so not only endangers yourself but all foolish enough to walk with you." He stalks forwards. "We are prey - mere children that have escaped with stolen tools of Gods - and when the Gods finds us they are not merciful. They will shred bold and defenceless in equal measure. Any too blind, arrogant or fallen from sense to realise that will reach the same untimely end. Heroism is a beautiful ideal and for every Hero that emerges a thousand die in failed attempts."

Rhodes halts, his temper flaring. "Trivialise this scenario at your own peril, Lady. I will not."

The Autumn King takes his coat and moves to leave the tavern.

Unless stopped, Rhodes will leave the scene.

17. Likes Abyssalstar, liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

“It’s a lot more than a lot have, so be proud of that. And I’m sure it’s very charming.” She was curious how the Beast would decorate a Hollow. Was it jungle themed? Were there tons of food trucks? Oh the questions!

Duh Sera, she says in her head. “Not what I wanted to hear, but, it is what it is.” And they’d work with it.

Nodding, “I’ve picked up a few myself as well as training more specifically in Dream Battles.” Looking to Sonnie, “We should train.” Seeing what Sonnie could do would be helpful.

And then Titania. “Yes, those are our weapons. But tell me, have you successfully used them against one of Them? Because that’s not going to work this time. Even when I helped defeat the Dragon that leveled this Freehold and took many Lost with it, we were smart about it. We were afraid, and that fear kept us on our toes, smart and alive.” Her own Mantle flaring as she spoke, petals blowing and wild flowers bowing in the wind, “It is not strictly about laughing at perils, or acting as prey. It is also about embracing and not hiding from our past and not playing victims to our tormentors. We fulfill our own desires and the desires of those around us, out of both spite and pride, diminishing Their hold over us. That is our weapon. There is no shame in banding together and using tactics from other Courts that work. I will not charge head first into a fight with Them. It is suicide, and puts this whole goddamn Freehold at risk. More so than it already is. Where this is one, there will be another.” Her eyes bore into the other. “But I will not risk the safety of those in the Freehold based off a bullheaded opinion that joy and desire is going to banish our enemy.” If she wanted to go off on her own, whatever. “Our fear is whats going to keep us alive and uncaptured in this. Your lack of fear and common sense will see you hunted by his Hounds and captured. Oh, and I’m very safe when I Dream, I only hope your lady like charms will protect you, because you will fall, and it’s a long way down.” Off that high horse.

Looking back to Rhodes, her Mantle calmed, wild flowers righted themselves, “Did the three of us want to go together to see it? I would rather not split up, one of us alone makes a target. Plus, should someone become injured, I can only heal being with them.” At least until she learned more.

Sapphires narrow, not playfully, not in the least, “Absolutely not.” Shaking her head, “Find another way.” What if he was caught? She couldn’t bear the thought of that, her eyes misting over at the thought.

The sudden flare from Rhodes had her a little surprised. But not completely. The Treasured takes a small step back.

The words he spoke were the truth. And she would not dispute them, or help Titania. She brought this on herself.

And as he left, she felt herself pulled in different directions. To go after her love, or stay with her Court and prepare them. Well, Sonnie.

The torment evident on her face, a hand held out to Rhodes, as she turns to look at Sonnie. Maybe looking for help, the tears clear in her eyes.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

19. Likes Xadun, , Abyssalstar liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread