Ended
Watch

Awakening Debates

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Shodan

It's not exactly a secret that Libertines love to debate. Among themselves, with other Pentacle mages, even with Sleepers - it's the ferment, the movement, the equality of a free flow of ideas that matters. Things have been pretty tense around Shodan lately, so he decides to take the edge off by rekindling that custom of talking about issues that matter like normal human beings.

To that end, he placed posters advertising the event right past the Circle's main entrances - not his finest creation, to be sure, but they proclaimed the debate's place, time and topic, which should be enough. And the Libertine makes good on the promise of snacks - apart from foldable chairs, there are also tables placed in the Assembly hall, creaking under the weight of soft drinks, chips, fruit, M&Ms and a myriad other kinds of things to chew on.

He is not particularly worried about attendance - but then again, Shodan is rarely seriously worried about anything. Aurora has expressed desire to talk about something interesting, Morgan floated the idea of an Atlantean study group so she might find this interesting (and with any luck she'll bring the pink-haired one along, so that Shodan has the opportunity to hear her speak more than one or two sentences at a time). Hell, maybe even Campanella will attend, out of curiosity if nothing else. Or maybe some other people will come along. There's space and refreshments aplenty.

In any case, the Obrimos does not seriously consider that mages could possibly refuse the offer of free food.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Debating wasn’t really her thing, but she wanted to see what the big deal was. Plus, it was a way to get to know Shodan a bit better and anyone else who showed up.

She came super casual this time, old jeans and a white sleeveless t-shirt, a black hoodie was tied around her waist. Her blonde hair had been braided off to the side and she carried a growler, and a milk shake.

Walking in, she spots Shodan and lifts her milkshake in greeting, “Hey, I brought some beer.”

S
    Shodan

Huh. Huh.

Truth be told, he expected a higher turnout, but Shodan will not be looking a gift horse in the mouth. It can't hurt to stay close to the Mysterium, especially if it's represented by a master and former Councilor. He turns to face Aurora and smiles invitingly, motioning to the table with snacks and the chairs.

"You brought beer to a gathering of mages where a philosophical slash political topic was meant to be discussed? You have no fear of anything, clearly" Then he eyes the mostly empty space and shrugs "Okay, I admit it, it's not much of a gathering with just two people present, but you get the idea" His native Free Council Assembly has a strict 'no alcohol' policy precisely to avoid people getting unnecesarily riled up, argumentative and belligerent. It probably saved the city several firestorms.

The Obrimos cocks his head slightly, trying to spot the brand on the growler "Ah, fuck it, give it here" He pats a bit of free space on the table. There are red cups present, because of course there are.

He takes one of the seats and leans back, relaxing "Okay, so the seminar part on that beauty of a poster might be a bit misleading. I am super underqualified to lead an Atlantean lore class" Or most other occult-themed classes, but that's neither here nor there "But what I hoped for is to get other people's perspectives on Atlantis, bring them together and see what happens" Like 'Bill Nye the Science Guy' or something "It's not exactly a secret that Libertine views on the story... differ from the rest of the Pentacle"

Well, that's getting too long-winded.

"Anyway, after this too long introduction, I'm just gonna throw a simple question to get things started: how is Atlantis relevant to the Mysterium today?" Is it, like, a goal? A metaphor? An ideal?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes look down at the growler as the Shaman shrugged, “Yeah, why not?” she liked beer, and if she was going to listen to a debate, she wanted beer. “And as a Master of Life, should things get out of hand, it’s very easy to sober everyone up.” She points out before looking around the empty room, “Might not be much of a gathering, but I did tell you I’d give it a shot, so, now you’re stuck with me here.” She jokes.

Placing it where indicated, “Won’t find a label, I brewed it myself.” Well, it had a label at one point, but it had been removed.

Pouring herself a cup, she sits as well. “Atlantis huh?” ok, she’d play along.

“Well, that’s the joy of everything. We all have different views and opinions on pretty much everything. Orders included.” She just saw things from many perspectives. “The Mysterium as a whole?” a sip of beer while she leaned back, “I believe all Orders have a goal to seek something. For the Mysterium, it’s knowledge and preserving it. Atlantis, and where it is, is a goal as well. I think every Order wants to know more about it, find the truth, learn if the stories are true. For us, it’s a path to greater Wisdom.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Quietly, Phoenyx makes her way down the corridor. She wanted to see who was turning up to argue about things, since Shodan had herself had experiences interesting discussions in the past. Maybe it might give her more insight into how other people thought. Truth be told, she knew she needed to push herself to be a little more social.

Entering the room, she looks around, and gives a small smile seeing Shodan and Aurora there. "Am I... early?" she asks a little softly, looking around the room.

It seemed that the Arrow had finally begun expanding her wardrobe beyond simply "functional" and into things that were not simply to cover up her naked body. This one looked almost summery. The flowery top was accompanied with black leggings, functional shoes, and a similarly floral bag. She holds her hands and bag in front of herself, as if not quite sure where to sit or what to do. A little uncomfortable, almost - but the firebird and social settings were not much more than acqaintences.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

S
    Shodan

The Obrimos smirks at Aurora's joke, but amusement quickly gives way to interest when she confesses where the beer came from "You brew your own stuff? That's pretty cool. So you have all the kettles, fermenters, wort chillers and such in your basement?" And already he begins to imagine it, trying to think about how it could be improved with magic and good old-fashioned work.

The Prime Mover's hands work automatically, pouring him a cup of beer and fixing a plate of assorted snacks. His eyes remain fixed on the Shaman "So the Mysterium wants to find it. How do you go about it? How does this path to Wisdom look in practice?" Very basic, and perhaps not exactly on-point questions, but since his Libertine comrades conveniently 'forgot' to educate Shodan on ten specifics of Diamond philosophy, he's gotta start somewhere.

He turns to Phoenyx, but instead of answering her question he just goes "Whoa" He got so accustomed to the Arrow wearing only nondescript things, that the flowery dress was a big surprise "Is there, like, an occasion or something? It's not your birthday, is it?" Because the Obrimos didn't even entertain the though she'd dress up for this event, that'd be... weird "I mean, the dress is cool, but if I'm honest I thought your wardrobe is just trenchcoats for every day" She wore those often, presumaby because they look badass and one can hide any number of weapons under them.

"That's not the point, though" He says, trying to get the discussion and his thoughts back on track "In fact we just started, so I'm just gonna reiterate the basic question: how is Atlantis relevant to the Adamantine Arrow today?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

So, a wild Phoenyx had decided to appear!

The Shaman waves to her, “Nope! Right on time! Pull up a chair, have some beer,” holding up her cup, “and whatever else goes on at these things.” A friendly smile, then a sip of the beer. Not her best, but it wasn’t horrible either.

Wait, was that, flowers, on the shirt?! “Have to say, that is a great short on you! You look great!” she compliments. “Oh! Shodan just had me put my beer on the table, maybe you could put what you brought there as well?” a questioning look offered to Shodan. It was his gathering after all.

Then a nod of blonde hair to the question, “Yup. And not in a basement, but in a space, I rent out in a warehouse. Though a basement would be preferable. I mean, it’s not a difficult thing to do, and it’s not as good as stuff you buy at the store, but it’s cheaper and kinda fun.” Something she used to do with her dad.

Since she was now drinking, she finds herself some snacks to munch on. Drinking on an empty stomach was just a bad time all around. “I believe a lot, if not all, Orders want to find it. Now, I’m not an expert on other Orders, except the Ladder, but I think it’s a fair assessment.” And if not, then whatever. “The same way you go about finding anything that’s lost. You look for it, you gather clues and you piece together knowledge, both present and ancient. It’s years upon years of dedicated work, nothing achieved overnight.” But she didn’t think he was stupid enough to believe it would be. “How does it look?” the Shaman actually, paused, looking thoughtfully at her drink for a moment, “That’s a great question. And I think it’s different for everyone. But the path to Wisdom will look jagged and winding, some dead ends, some going around in a circle, knowledge gained from each setback.” Did she look a little embarrassed? Yeah, a bit. She’d never been asked questions like these. “So when are you going to share with the class? What it looks like to you.”

8. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx raises her chin slightly so she it looking down at the other Obrimos. "I'm allowed to have nice things, Shodan," she retorts a little defensively.

Aurora complemented you. Say something.

"Thank you,"
    the Arrow says, a smiling a little and the tiniest hint of pink entering her cheeks. She looks over at the table. "I didn't bring anything. Was I was supposed to?"

Looking back to Shodan, she pauses before responding. "The principles of Atlantis - those of of the study of Magic and Wise use thereof, remain. After the Fall, the Adamantine Arrow guarded the other Orders and protected them in the Fallen world. It is the responsibility and Duty we have maintained ever since." She shrugs. "As long as other Orders follow those principles, it shapes our duties."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

A Guardian is never late. She arrives precisely when she needs to.

Tyche strode into the chamber with a comfortable gait and a smirk on her face. Her style is markedly different than that of her Recognition. She wears navy overalls, a white and yellow baseball tee, old sneakers, and a slouchy beanie. Her hair hangs loose.

"A Guardian, a Voter, and an Arrow," she comments as she tucks her hands into her overalls, Feels like the start of a bad joke."

Then a glance around the room.

"Am I late?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Better late than never, right?

A quiet wave is offered before the angel not-so-low-key posts up to inspect the snacks and listen. Major disappointment, yo. Where's the chicken wings? Eight layer bean dip?

There's M&Ms.

M and Ms.

It could be worse. Skittles. Leftover Valentine's Day little chalk hearts. Nobody just let out a little disappointed sigh before pocketing a handful and grabbing a piece of fruit.

"Question?"
    he inserted into a moment of silence. "Can we sit? Or is this, like, a standing debate? With chairs for the audience. Or is it just one of those things where everyone is waiting for the first person to sit, like the way everyone waits for the first person to go back for seconds?"

It's allllll rhetorical because he's slowly easing his way over to a chair as the words grease the wheel of opportunity before it finally all ends with a definitive answer: him sitting. It's okay now. Everyone else can, too.

Want to hear a better joke?

​Two Guardians walk into an Assembly...
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, Stray, liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 30

You do not have permission to view the list of names.