Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had to laugh, “No worries about that. I’m not a heavy partier anymore. Though being able to remove alcohol from my system is pretty cool. Most exciting things I do now is brew beer and refurbish furniture.” So yeah, not very exciting.

“How is the view from the tower?”
    she asks, “And I think I can help with the patrols and watching. Is it something you want to do in shifts or together? Either is ok with me, I’m pretty easy going.” About most things. “When is a good time for me to move my clothes in? All the rest of my stuff is in storage, and I’m ok with keeping it there until I find my own place.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx smiles, and closes her eyes, picturing it in her mind, even though it is a few floors up. "It's wonderful. Peaceful. Like you're on the boundary between earth and the heavens. Some days I want to just step off it, out into the air." She opens her dark eyes. "It would be good to use a mix. Two people is still not very many, but I can show you what to watch out for and then you can start doing them alone."

She stands. "Any time is fine. Here, let me show you what it is like."

The Arrow leads Aurora up through a stone stair and to the bunk room. Eight identical beds are in rows with small space for possessions. Noticeably none of Phoenyx's things are here. "This is the barracks," she says simply. "If you want more privacy, I suppose you can have one of the First Talon rooms, at least until more Arrows fill up the space. If that ever happens." She points to the corridor at the end, leading to a few pairs of doors on either side. "First on the left is where I sleep. Gym is on the next floor, and if you want to spot or spar we can do that too." The offer is real, although memories of Aurora and Shodan flailing ineffectually at mats do come to mind.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “That sounds wonderful. I look forward to going up there, maybe watching a sun rise or something.” That would be nice. “Well, should you want to, and need some wings, I can make it happen.” She’d done it on herself, and could easily do it for the Arrow. “Just promise not to try it without them. Not sure if I can fix you after.” Maybe? She wasn’t sure. “Great, it’ll be a nice change of pace for me.”

The Shaman stands and follows, eyes drifting along walls as she walks. “Privacy has never been a concern for me, so this is fine.” Spending years on the road had made her used to not having any. “And that is a generous offer, but it wouldn’t feel right, not being an Arrow and all. So this works. And thank you for letting me stay here.” She was truly grateful.

“Spar?” a chuckle, “And embarrass myself again?” a smirk, “If you really want to see that train wreck again. Though the last time, I didn’t alter myself with my Arcana, wonder if I boosted myself a bit if it would help?” she looked thoughtful. “Though I can’t always do that, so I probably wouldn’t learn much.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx smiles, wider this time, obviously happy. "That is very kind. I think I would like to try - but I am afraid cannot make that promise. Forces does include gravity, and levitation is already within my power. With a little more work flight should be easy."

She looks around, nodding along with Aurora's choice. "That makes sense. It would be hard to explain if a ranking Arrow were to appear."

The Arrow shrugs. "It may. Arrows that use life often consider such a technique a crutch, but you are not an Arrow." It's as if she can't tell she might be insulting, just delivering a fact. "Then again, you are not an Arrow. And you only get better with practice. Once I was no better than you were in our first session. Though that was some time ago. I have only gotten better through rigorous training and practice. You could too."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “No need to make any promise, it was simply an offer.” Nothing more, nothing less. “Forces isn’t something I’ve looked into, so I wish you luck with your studies.” For her, it had been Death. That had become her focus.

Chuckling, “Yeah, it probably wouldn’t look good.” And she didn’t want to cause any problems for Phoenyx.

“I can see that. And I might not be an Arrow, but I can see where the thinking comes from. If you don’t have the skill without the magic, it’s kinda cheap and a crutch. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t use it if I had to.” Lets face it, them or her? It would always be her walking away. “I know all to well what years of training and practice can do.” Maybe she could really learn something from the Arrow. “Ok, I’m not afraid of a little practice, so long as you promise not to laugh at me.” She jokes with a smile.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow smiles. "I enjoy Forces, Life, and Fate. You had offered to show me some more Life before you left. If you would still be willing, I would like to try that as well."

"Exactly. We use magic when we have to," Phoenyx says. "We just try and make sure we don't need to for basic survival, but in times of need, we would always use our abilities to endure." She cocks her head. "Why would I laugh at you?" Phoenyx sounds completely confused.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Phoenyx used Fate? “I didn’t realize you used Fate, it can be really useful in a fight.” Saved her ass more than a few times. “Of course I’m still willing. You’ve seen the dangerous side of it already, so maybe I can show you the opposite.” How it can be used to help and not kill.

She paused, head tilted, “It was a joke. I know you wouldn’t make fun of me and my lack of skill. So I was making a joke out of it. Because I think it’s good to be able to laugh at myself from time to time. Do you not find humor in yourself?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I understand the basics, but in a fight I found it's easy to rely on more tested methods," Phoenyx says, nodding. "I know some of Life's healing capacity, although I'm much better at affecting my own pattern."

Phoenyx is looking at Aurora, bewildered. "I... don't think I am a very funny person." That was an understatement.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Ah. Yeah, it was a bit difficult to learn and grasp healing someone else. But I think it’s become a lot easier now. Perhaps with some practice it will become easier for you as well. We’ll get it figured out.” Yup.

Blinking a few times, “Everyone has the ability to be funny. But I think you need to let your guard down a bit, and see the humor in life. Take me for example. I find it hilarious that I suck at self-defense, and you’d ask why. To me, I find things easier to deal with if I can laugh at myself, it’s less stressful and just puts me in a better mood. What makes life such a beautiful thing is that we are all flawed in our own ways. Understanding that, and finding humor in it, allows us to acknowledge those flaws, accept them, and not let them defeat us. Will I get better as a fighter?” a shrug, “Maybe. But I won’t lose sleep over it, or cry about it or think less of myself. I’ll find the humor and move on. It’s also a lot healthier. Surely there is something even an Arrow isn’t good at. And that’s what makes you human. So you’re a funny person, once you allow yourself to be. What do you find funny?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx smiles a little. "You are a Master of Life. I hope it would come quite easily."

The Arrow watches. "I work to overcome.... flaws." She says he word very hesitantly. "They aren't funny. They're places we need to improve." She frowns. "I do not think I am good at talking to people." She looks up. "But I found that it is easier when I drink. That is funny. I liked that."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread