Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Loyalty Is,) The Source

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

They didn't seem to be getting anywhere.

So - some sort of Hob camp was setting up close by. Maybe it was worth a visit? And the Beast Kith was looking for it. So what?

Impatience and a desire to impress spurred the wizened Smith on.

"Well if you are looking for a Flesh Market I'd say you got the skills for it."

He gestured with his free hand to the Briar Wolf carcass.

"You come across many of those around here?"

Maybe a question out of left field might shake something loose that the others could use...

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-06 05:00:18 Anatole to shake things loose rolls 5 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 8, 3, 7, 7, 1 1 success

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's rifle comes up at point at what she finds. But pauses. At the scope showing a butt. Angry eyes widen as an eyebrow and ear are raised, "Davvero, un calcio?"

Because that is what she'd focused upon, not the eyes nor the sneaking figure but their butt sticking out of hiding. She wouldn't mention that part to the others as she'd never live it down. Wait, Sera spoke Italian right? Worth a shot as she sighs before saying, Sera, c'è qualcun altro qui.

The Fairest doesn't lower the rifle from aiming at the unknown's butt. Nor take her finger off the trigger as she then cheerfully asks the Hog, "So yer alone here? No friends that want ta join our talk? I promise not ta be the one that starts shit."

Circe puts heavy emphasis on start. For rather obvious, heavily armed reasons. "Market? Well I do I sell things like this here rifle. But I prefer Iron Side riches fer 'em."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sapphires look from the Briar Wolf, then to the Hog, “Did you bring that down yourself?” she asks, curious.

A slow nod, “Interesting. I hadn’t heard of a Flesh Market around here in a while.” Wonder what drew it? Maybe the motel? “But you are certainly right, going into the Hedge blind is dangerous.” Maybe he didn’t know anything. Probably best to move on.

Then Anatole spoke, which was surprising, as he seemed the silent type. But his question was a good one.

Blinking a few times at the elf, “Circe,” she begins, “English. Please. Unless you plan on taking the time to teach me a different language, English.” Finally, she Summer switches to English. But she was pointing the gun in a different direction. But at what? And her voice was cheerful. Was that a good thing….or a bad thing? The Nix wasn’t sure and tenses.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes Origins liked this post

0 Scenes

The hog snorts again.

"Much as you can hate the hobs and that Sal, sometime you need a Market." he squeals, beady eyes moving back to the flesh on the fire, he takes his utensil and moves it around. He looks back up, then at the gutted carcass beside him. "Ya find things. 'round here especially, sometimes you gotta kill 'em." the Hog offers, now seemingly settled in his fur, despite the rifle the Summer Queen still wields.

Circe, her eyes already tried on the grey furred haunch, sees it shit away, from that spot, moving in an arch, around to the right.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-07 11:45:08 hogman rolls 4 to Manipulated? (10 Again) 9, 10, 3, 2, 3 2 successes
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-07 11:52:08 Someone rolls 5 to sneaking (10 Again) 7, 6, 9, 8, 4 2 successes
    Every one but Circe, please roll Perception.

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe groans, "I was contemplating a butt Sera. And ya know I should just teach a class. Make my Romance language a team language. I'm pretty neither Mr Pig nor any grey ears listening know what I said. It'd just be good business."

The Fairest's ear twitched. She didn't trust the Pig, not the least of which was because he had a friend hiding waiting in ambush. A friend with a gun aimed at their ass. Literally.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-07 22:57:27 Circe rolls 4 to Manipulation Subter -2 butt focus (10 Again) 6, 8, 4, 3 1 success

Though she may know if he was lying or hiding behind truths if she'd been paying attention. Just suspicious as she takes a step away from the Pig that also kept the grey derriere in her sights. So maybe he didn't know the grey butt's owner. Or didn't know they were there? Not her problem, she had an ass to aim at. Hmm, "Nice ass."

Circe keeps her scope on the posterior. "Oi, Rhodes? Do briar wolves have grey furry asses? If so I might be puttin' a round in one's ass." She gleefully giggles, "Hey chicka bum bum, heh heh."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole raises an eyebrow at the Hog's response. His lip even curls into the semblance of a lopsided grin.

And...
    Circe outburst as the - still - inexperienced wizened switching his gaze to the Crimson Courtier.

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-08 03:50:07 Anatole can see things... rolls 4 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 5, 10, 2, 7, 4 1 success

Anatole only got 1 success. So he won't see anything interesting :(

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A single shoulder shrugs, “I always like a good Market, always something worth trading for.” Looking at the dead wolf again, “Most Hedge creatures I’ve seen don’t go down very easily. You must either be very good or very lucky.” And she had a feeling it wasn’t luck. “Are you a trapper?
    But, they weren’t getting anywhere, and they needed to move, find answers.

“Anyone else have any questions?” cause she was ready to move on.

The Treasured looks to Circe, confused, “A butt?” seriously? They’re in the Hedge and the Summer was contemplating a butt? “Did you not have any coffee today?” cause usually the elf was focused.

What the hell was she talking about? Now it was Briar Wolves having gray butts? What they hell was she on about?

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-08 10:56:05 Seraphina rolls 4 to Perception(Wits+Comp)-1 Clarity (10 Again) 9, 4, 6, 7 1 success
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes watches the exchanges, not sure what more they can get from the pig-man. "It's not the Market part I object to, merely the flesh part I find distasteful," he remarks drily.

He casts a look to Circe. "Depends. Many have pelts like wolves, so greys, browns.... why? That pelt looks more like a briar wolf to me," he gestures at the dead wolf.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-09 16:20:33 Rhodes rolls 5 to Perception Wits+Comp (no clarity pen) (10 Again) 7, 4, 4, 2, 1 failure
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Summer Fairest scowls as she scoffs at Seraphina but is still focused on the scope's posterior target. She sounds offended as she answers, "Really Sera? Really? Of course I've had coffee today. I'm me!"

As for Rhodes explanation, "Cool. Sorry ta not look but never take yer eyes off a potential threat and all. So I may be aiming at a wolf butt or something else's butt right now."

0 Scenes

With the Lost's words, the hog squeals a snort, mouth bloody from his tusks, open to say something, even as his beady eyes, flick around, he seems to sigh as a slim wolf girl flings herself from the foliage. A snarl on her lips. "Stop talkin' 'bout ma ass!" she growls, smelling like the highway warmed under the summer sun. "And stop pointin' that thing" the grey furred hand jabs a clawed finger at Circe's gun, "At me an' ma Motley mate!" The wolf girl juts out her chin, glaring at Sacramento's Lost, while the hogman, sighs again and pokes at his burning meat. Posture defeated, as he shakes his great head.

Page 5 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread