Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Loyalty Is,) The Source

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 19 of 20 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord keeps his word short and sharp.

Hopefully they wouldn't see through his veneer.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-14 10:22:09 Rhodes rolls 12 to Silver-Tongued devil - Manip+Subterfuge+spec (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 5, 8, 8, 1, 4, 8, 6 3 successes

Damn, I keep forgetting when I have 9-again. That should be okay, i hope...

2. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

(Splendor of the Envoy's Protection)Glamour 3 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Well, it seemed they were doing this.

But she couldn’t go down there looking like she currently did. She needed to draw the attention to herself, make it so they saw her, and only her.

Calling upon the Wyrd, she feels it catch and begin to works its magic on her. If she was beautiful before, she just increased it in a way that would assure others focused on her. Her true form and beauty on show for all to see.

Looking to Rhodes, “Ready.” Acting like nothing was different.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-14 10:46:35 Seraphina rolls 6 to Vainglory 3(Pres+Wyrd)-1 Pres from Eneitlement (10 Again) 4, 10, 7, 5, 2, 7, 1 1 success

Sera is activating the Contract, Splendor of the Envoy's Protection. She now has Striking Looks 8.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

4. Likes Origins, Xadun, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was probably very biased against Iron Meg and Queen Anne. Very biased, "Truth? I'd like more fighters ta be here, our chances are rather low. Yes, Queen Anne was the bitch herself that even her own courtiers hated. Bargain might work but Iron Meg is LOYAL dumb muscle. Sales pitch maybe." Such a shame the Larcenist wasn't actually a good sneak. Or had used bombs before. Or that Seraphina had too little use with her contract. Or that neither of them could really fight. All else fails, Circe would ensure the couple got away by pissing off the enemy to come for her. That was the only useful contract she had for this really.

"Fanculo we're probably gonna botch this hard. This is the first time I've ever handled explosives. If it starts going bad just shout banana."

The dynamite would be safest, ha, if she used the timer. Blasting caps or stronger set off dynamite so one stick should set off the other. That would have to do. Step one was to get close enough to place it.

Last chance to call it off I suppose . Circe's contracts won't really help with sneaking or set up.
    Last edited by Circe; Apr 14th, 2020 at 01:27 PM.  Reason for Edit: Syntax error

6. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

With Circe's whispered word, her inexperience laid clear, and her worries over their odds, did any of the other Fairests wish to retreat until another day....?

If you want to continue, please Roll what I've asked in my last Post, and if not, we can close this up. Continue on out of the hedge, and the Monarchy can discover they have many, many texts.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

I am now confused. Are we going in or not? I thought Circe knew what she was doing, but if none of them really do then I would have voted harder to leave and come back.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Truth?

The Nix turns to the Summer, curious.

Wait…what?

A hand held up. “Wait, hold on a second here. You’re having second thoughts?” was this annoying? Oh yeah. Because she just used one of the biggest tools she had. Just used Glamour, a lot, to help them be successful.

A sigh, “I’m confused Circe. If you want to leave and come back, then why didn’t you push that earlier?” like before I wasted a lot of Glamour. “Because if we’re leaving, then I want to hit that Market because I did not just use a bunch of Glamour to not be seen.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe huffed as she blushed in the dark at Sera's reprimand, "I ain't good at strategy games but novices versus entrenched position is gonna require crazy luck. Fer the attackers."

"Fine we can go ta the giant spider. Maybe we'll get extra lucky and find some mercenaries ta beef up our numbers or something. Planned assault seems safer, oh,"
    Circe takes our her smart phone. The elfin Fairest makes sure to kill the volume while turning off the flash. She then snaps a few photographs and takes video of the patrols as the sovereigns talk. "Also I was pushing that earlier, sure I was gung ho when I thought it was Meg and a few gardeners. That is a full compound though, plan is better. But the two of ya are so quick I'm a sloth by comparison."

"And if yer juju don't last til market I'll give ya some free healing fruit. I have a grove of 'em."

Circe is at fault for oops now, that is funny.

0 Scenes

Okay, what do you guys want to do?
    Try and find the Bazaar from here?
    Exit the Hedge then renter to find the Bazaar? (But will probably be waylaid by the others at Funderland?)
    F it and stick to the plan with the Orchard?

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes represses a sigh. "If that is the case then we need to regroup." He looks apologetically to Sera. "Sorry, darling."

Urgh. With this in mind, Rhodes is going to call for retreat from the Hedge, or to try and find Anatole.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

14. Likes Origins liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Eyes close for a second as she composes herself.

“I get that Circe, I get that.” But damn, she could have said that sooner.

Straightening her shoulders, “Then lets go.” The Nix was obviously not happy. While inside, she was relieved, it would have been a huge risk. Outside, she was not only extra beautiful, but pissed.

“It will last, it better last. Didn’t just use that to not be seen.”
    She huffs.

“And I don’t need healing, but thank you. I’ll just hit a club tonight and get the Glamour back.” It was easy to get for her. “Or use a Dream, either way, I’ll get it back.”

Glancing to Rhodes, she just nods.

Sounds like the Market is the idea, Sera will follow, still upset
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

16. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 19 of 20 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
Closed Thread