Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1912) Winter Solstice

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes slipped over to the table, the winds of his mantle calm for the moment. He poured himself a glass of a sticky brownish liquid, sniffed it lightly, and tasted it.

"Hmm. Spiced honey." He walks around to the edge of the Springs, watching, listening.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Unimpeded, Bugul departs, the door softly closing behind him as a whispered declaration of his departure.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe returns to rejoin the conversation, "Seraphina's right girl! Garter belt holsters are sexier," is Circe's argument on sheaths, "And bazookas Ms Wu? Depending on the slang yer using," the elf smirks, "Yes and so do you. And her," points at Seraphina followed by Titania, "And her. But not the boys." Circe makes an X with her arms.

Circe chuckles at the explanation of De Luca, "Well when I think about her is when she is present and that ain't somethin' ta say in front of a bunch of mundies. Well," she tilts her head as her tone turns saracstic, "Save at the supervillain networking events. That I officially know nothing about. Totally not a thing."

As for no Winters that was a dour topic. "So our literal Ice Queen may be on walk about then?"

Oh the boys came. Well she was curious if Anatole was more sociable then Bugul. Speaking of whom, "Bugul buggered off? Well I guess when ya gotta go ya gotta go. Sup boys? How is yer night going. Seen any Winters?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I wonder why he's leaving. Is Goatboy not a party person?" Sonnie asked of no one in particular as she watched Bugul exit the building. She mused, "Must be lonely, being Courtless. As a fellow Beast, I should stalk him and pester him with questions. I'm sure he'd like that."

"Tails are very fashionable. I'm sorry the rest of you can't experience the joy of it," The Steepscrambler's own monkey tail, five feet long and prehensile, waved at everyone.

"Strapped to the thighs might be sexier, but I'm trying to learn how to do that thing where I flick my wrist and the knife just drops into my hand. I... still need more practice. And band-aids."

She looked to Seraphina, "Queen Elsa's taken off before? How long was she gone the last time?"

Sonnie smiled and waved (again, with her tail) at Rhodes and Anatole, as they joined the rest of the freeholders, "Hello, Autumnal Dudes! Yeah, have you guys seen the Winters? They've been no shows at their own party, and it's getting... unnerving." She adjusted the hem of her lit-up dress as she looked about the room. "We realized nobody's had contact with Sasha or John Doe for like six months. Reed is the only Onyx I've seen recently, and he's new, and even he's not here. So we've started wondering just who is throwing this little shindig."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

Admitting outright that she was relieved by the Courtless beast's departure would have been rude, alas, that's how she felt. Though, beneath the curtain of pride and in light of Sonnie's comment, she couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for the man, he must have been lonely.
    "Perhaps we should have been a bit more approachable", she says in an almost genuine manner. Swap WE, for I.
    All the mundane talks of dresses and parties come second place, because the disappearance of the Winter Court is that one occurrence that falls perfectly within the web of mystery surrounding the freehold that her imagination has been hard at work to spin.
    "Do you think her departure might be linked to Ingrid's?", she shudders at the thought.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole had been pouring himself a drink. He looked up and across the table at the Treasured.

"Much better now, I thank you."

His face remained an expressionless, stoic, mask.

"For the most part. I have a small place of my own. It is convenient for the shops and I can afford it. Doesn't leave much room for anything else but the money worries may decrease, somewhat, in the near future. You know how it is."

He smiled. You know how it is, when Pledges start kicking in.

"You lot seem very friendly. Is this it... Or are there... More?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well if that mundy hadn't been around I COULD have experienced yer tail Sonny," because that was just too easy a time to flirt. Even if she was still scanning the room for Winters. "And Ouch girl. Practice with butter knives."

"Leaving in a group? Could be Tits, could be. I ain't leaving any time soon though," she folds her arms and somehow keeps the coat on her shoulders, "All my stuff is here. I like having stuff!" If it was related to Ingrid that was either better or worse, depends on the why Sasha would follow Ingrid. She is mostly eyeing the place now though her ears constantly twitch to face towards Seraphina. She was curious about the questions her fellow queen had been asked.

As for Anatole's housing and money woes that got a nod from Circe, "Aye that is how life is. Pledges can help with cash flow but it only goes so far ya know." Not without some serious backlash that is. As for his question upon numbers, that gets a loud drawn out sigh from Circe. "Ain't that a great question ta ask Anatole." She doesn't even try to be subtle about looking around the room. "Sacramento seems to be a seriously transient Freehold. Numbers are always in major flux here though on the plus side we are seriously lacking in assholes that are 100% a dick." She then gives the dwarf a thumbs up, "And we try ta put on a smile when we can. ya ain't fully dressed without one, oh ho ho ho."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Spotting Rhodes, a private smile was offered to him. Still unsure about the whole public display thing, so she remains where she was.

“That settles it! We’re taking you shopping Sonnie! You in Circe?” then the bazooka comment. Sapphires briefly look down at her chest, her dress not really highlighting her own, so she shrugs.

“I don’t know. I just know that she has left the Freehold before. For personal business, and usually returns. I don’t know if she’s told anyone in the past when she leaves though.” She never asked.

“Not sure, but I don’t think he was really made to feel welcome.” She says sipping her water, “And maybe. I know I plan to reach out to him and get to know him better, maybe see if he likes coffee.” She liked getting to know other Lost.

“I could say the same thing about my tail.”
    She says to Sonnie with a wink. Did the Beast still believe Sera had a tail?

“Oh! That sounds really neat Sonnie! And badass.” Oh yeah, def badass.

“Uhh,” she looks thoughtful for a moment, “if memory serves me right, and I could be wrong, but I think a couple months, maybe longer. I never asked her the details, as I felt if she wanted to tell me, she would. But it was a personal matter.” She never forced people to share things, that was rude.

Glancing to Titania, “Yes, perhaps some of us should have been.” Still not impressed by the judgement and arrogance her fellow Spring had shown.

“Well, according to Ingrid’s letter, something came up and she needed to leave. Not being sure how long she would be gone. A letter I still have should anyone wish to see it. So no, I don’t believe they’re connected, unless it’s simply friends deciding they had personal business to take care of.” How long were they going to beat this dead horse?

Smiling warmly, “Wonderful!” maybe the Pledge helped? Or meeting another Autumn?

Nodding, “I do. Should you need anything, please let any of us know. I have a coffee shop, and anyone of the Freehold is always welcome for free coffee, tea and whatever I might have for treats.” She offers. “But it is always hard to get settled and get yourself established.” It took her a while to get herself settled.

“The Freehold has always strived to be friendly and welcoming.” Then a frown, “I think this is it. But with Freeholds, there are always those coming and going. The numbers here have always fluctuated.” Which sucked, she wished they were a larger Freehold. “Though we’re a tightknit group always willing to help.” Least it’s how it seemed to her.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord offers a smile to the gathered ladies, bu shakes his head. "I'm afraid the members of the Onyx Court are being their traditionally elusive selves," her replies to Circe and Sonnie.

He nods to Anatole in agreement with Circe and Sera. "The Freehold has always had it's share of transients, though it is smaller than when I arrived. We try and ensure we are protected from those that pass through, and give them opportunity to prove themselves in return if they wish to stay."

Sera's smile is returned, and the Flowering walks over to her. He slips an arm around her and gives he a kiss on the cheek. "And how is your evening, darling? I don;t suppose there would be some way we could check with the Funderland records to see where this all came from? I know Lady Sasha was of the sound mind to prepare. Perhaps she set it all up before she left, in which case we could find her name on the books somewhere." It seemed a reasonable enough idea.

"Of course, it could all be an elaborate trap." He smiles mirthlessly at the Lings gathered, the unpleasant thought lightering in the air. Being the Dread Lord had certain expectations and responsibilities.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I am the most approachable person you're ever gonna meet, Starlight" the monkey girl said to the Bright One, grinning, "Totally down to earth, very relatable. Ask anyone that knows me. Like yourself. It's true, isn't it?"

Not waiting for Titania's answer, she turned her attention to Anatole. She gave the dwarf a nod, "Pretty much. It's us, and however many of the Winters are hiding in the back room." Sonnie scanned the room, thinking, "Hey, where's Cei? Aw, man! Did his hot ass leave town, too?"

"My tail is not for such filthy thoughts!" She mock-protested at Circe, then shrugged, "Butter knives aren't balanced for throwing. Also, all my silverware is plastic... and my plates and bowls are made of paper!"

She blinked confusedly at Seraphina, "Shopping for what? Silverware?" Her expression turned into one of amusement, "I'm gonna see that tail one day, Ariel! I haven't given up! Currently, I'm thinking your legs will change if I play a certain song. Some sort of sea shanty." A nod of certainty was given.

"But thanks," she smiled, "The knife trick isn't easy. I'll figure it out someday, or lose a finger trying."

The Courser nodded to the Nix, "I see. So maybe Sasha will come back. That'd be nice. I never really got a chance to know her."

"I don't blame people for just passing through. I used to wander from freehold to freehold myself before I finally settled down here. Still disappointing, though."

Sonnie nodded in agreement with Rhodes' final statement. "See, that's what got me worried. But nothing has happened yet. The food is fine, far as I can tell. Bart left, so I guess we're not locked in here. If this is a trap, it's a sucky one."

She glanced about the room again, still impatient for some sign of the Onyx Court, "So if Sasha is on a road trip, then who is the Winter Monarch now? Reed?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread