Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Loyalty Is,) Edna's Aftermath

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A deep breath was taken, then released. “Weakness? Do you think you’re weak because of what happened to Abe?” she asks, the concern obvious in her voice. “And ice will help with swelling, pressure for bleeding.” She’d had many injuries to know how that worked.

Eyes widen, then close as she shakes her head, “This is how horror movies always end up going wrong, people go off on their own. And why go in an open window? He couldn’t of known if there was anyone in it.” What was he thinking?

“So wait, you heard two people talking in there and Abe still thought it a good idea to go in the window?!” what the actual hell?! “That was destined to end poorly.” And the Freehold lost a great member because of it. “A shit ton of blood? I wonder if it was all Abe’s, or if he got a few hits on whoever was in there?” she wonders out loud.

“I want his death avenged. But we need to know just what is going on there. That motel isn’t right. We can’t go in without a solid plan, and a better understanding of what we’re dealing with. I don’t want to lose anyone else.” Loss was hard for her, she didn’t handle it well.

Sapphires look at the offered laptop and spreadsheet. “What the hell?” her face confused as she looks at it. “What are they getting out of this? Why would they do it?” was a Gentry involved? Was it the Flesh Market? That thought sent a chill down her spine. She dreaded that place, avoided it at all costs.

She nods in understanding to Rhodes, taking a sip from her tea. Her nerves needed to be calmed, and she hoped this would help. “I agree. Not only do we need a better understanding, but more people.” And she actually wished Fawkes was still around. He seemed useful in a situation that could turn violent. And she knew first hand the damage he could cause.

“I wonder if we could set up a sort of trap for them? Use someone,” she kept quite on who, cause she knew it wouldn’t be well received, “on our side to get in. It has it’s risks, but it could also get us the information we need.” It was a weak idea, but it was something. Her brain was still processing the loss to really be of any help.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe grumbles as she looks to Rhodes, "Thanks and I said kneecaps. That way the fucker can't run," she points to the computer, "I already set this ta go ta the news if we disappear. A lil' extortion ta make 'em back off since they lose the motel and identities if I do that. Never bluff a threat." Of course Circe goes straight to the nuclear option.

Circe just nods in response to Seraphina's question if the Summer thought it was weakness. As for why Abe went into a window where people had been talking, "Ha, yeah it was a shit idea wasn't it?" As for the blood count, "Possible, unless it was just like a horror movie where the first hero ta die gets rag dolled by the giant monster."

As for preparations and the other stuff. "Kevlar fer the two of ya? Maybe some dynamite as extra leverage. Or ta deal with 'em," she looks at the computer, "Well one thought I had fer mundies doin' this was organ harvesters, but if fae are involved?" She looks to Rhodes, "Can Pledges make people richer? Plenty of stories of folks sellin' their souls ta the devil."

And wasn't that an apt analogy. As for the idea of bait, "Yer faces are out since that janitor must know ya. And no chance of me playin' damsel in distress. But if it is more information," the smile she gives is not nice, "Well wouldn't be ironic if one of them disappears fer a bit? Ta answer some questions."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes shook his head. Everything about the action went against every instinct he had as a changeling. Heroes. So overrated.

"Stealing people?"
    he asks Sera. "Any number of reasons. Organs. Slavery. If Abraham was killed by changelings, this looks more and more like a loyalist cell. Why else would that many changelings lurk in one place and yet hide from the Freehold? But if he was killed by humans, there is still a very suspicious Ling there leaving enchantments about the place."

The Dread Lord thinks. "The motel was on fire. They might have abandoned some of it. If someone is being used to get in, they would need to be able to get back out again, safely. It would be very risky." Very steeped in deception and Fear....

The Flowering rolls his eyes. Summers could be most single-minded when riled. But was she wrong? What if it had been someone else? Circe? Sera herself? Winds twist angrily around him at the thought. "Yes, I know you did. I understand your reactions, but we still need to be methodical. If you heard two voices, counting the janitor and the receptionist we're already outnumbered, and one of our best fighters," by Abraham's own claims, though Rhodes had never seen him actually fight, "was killed. If we go back their, in any capacity, we need a plan."

He nods. "Of course. Pacts to grant wealth are as old as time. Anything that has managed to edge into fairy tales usually has some truth, the trick is knowing what. Vows can grant Wealth as their boon quite easily."

"And here I thought you would make such a fine damsel." Gallows humor seemed o be the order of the hour. The Fairest clucks his tongue. "I do appreciate the irony. We would need a safe space to take him, however. Can't be Funderland, unless you plan on him never leaving." Knowing Circe, she might. "I would rather know what was in this bottle than head back straight away."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

4. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

The media? “Isn’t sending it to the media putting the Freehold in danger? Not that exposing them is a bad idea, I just don’t want the rest of the Freehold put in danger.” Surely there was another way to go about it.

“You’re not weak Circe, far from it.” But not everyone could be saved. A shrug, “I wouldn’t call it a great idea, not without knowing what he was going into. I just wish he hadn't done it, and went in with you.” But what was done was done. “I suppose that’s always an option too. Suppose we won’t know for sure until we go back.” Which they were.

Kevlar? That stuff was ugly! “I have a Contract that I think could keep me safe. Now, I haven’t used it before, but this might be the perfect situation to test it.” Maybe. She was willing to try.
    “They do know our faces, but it isn’t unheard of for someone to go off on their own. Try and investigate without the others.” A shrug.

Looking to Rhodes, “If it’s for slavery, then there are many factors. They would want people or other Ling that could bring in the most money. Same if they are selling in the Flesh Market.” Which just made her feel sick to her stomach.

“I don’t think the receptionist will be much of a problem. I was able to work her over without any Contracts. But that janitor? He creeps me out.” Then a nod, “But I agree, a plan is needed. We won’t be caught off guard again.” Nope.

“There are always Hollows. Though that presents its own risks as well. I say we only take him if we have to. And if he goes missing, I have a feeling we will be prime suspects for the rest of them, creating a very dangerous situation for not only us, but the Freehold. So once you’ve figured out what was in the bottle, we can plan from there?” she asks, “And is there anything we can do to help?” she was also going to have to call her Court. Informing them in person was the only way she was going to tell them.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

6. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Flesh traders cutting out the middleman," was Circe's reply to Rhodes rhetorical questions of why the bad guys had set up shop in the Freehold. As for calming down?

Circe snorts, but her Mantle does dial back, "Tactics not thuggery yeah yeah yeah," she waves but doesn't press against the issue. Especially if there was more then just the four to worry about, it was best to have a plan. Stealth kills were tactical right? "I do the logistics not plan the campaign so don't expect Sun Tzu from me."

She then looks to Seraphina, "You and me both wish he hadn't," Circe's mantle didn't flare again but it was a near thing. It was never good to lose a comrade. But Circe was now thinking of tactics for this. Silencers would be a must and kevlar like what she wore now would lower the risk of friendly fire. Dynamite they'd not objected to. That was tactical.

"Tellin' cops or media is what ya'd call a nuclear option Sera," she explains the media contact threat, "Guarantees enough trouble at high risk ta all ta make 'em pause. Like lighting a stick of dynamite in a knife fight."

As for bait that gets a bitter laugh from Circe, "Flyin' solo so they think yer easy pickings? They might think it a pattern," and the words were bitter too. As for the slavery, "For all we know they are part of the Flesh Market. In which case I really would want the dynamite option because if we end up there by goin' through a door," she scowls, "I'd need months ta give us enough mundy firepower ta make 'em stand down but a lil' boom boom and they have lots ta worry about losin' by fightin' us."

Dead minions would be nothing to the lord of a Flesh Market but the risk of stock being destroyed might concern them.

"I'd rather not risk Cole's old Hollow or Funderland unless we're gonna cap him that is true Rhodes," she nods in agreement. "But we could easily just find a clearing in the Hedge. Hmm another idea," she rubs her chin as the evil smile returns, "Tie him up, cover him in butcher shop gore, threaten ta leave him ta whatever wants ta eat him?" She shrugs, "But it is moot if we can't beat the goop right? Right right," she nods before pointing at Rhodes, "Tactics. Yer gonna study goop. Either of ya want silencers or knives fer this? I want ta focus on the TNT, see if I can get a stick or two. Maybe use the backdoor into their computers ta see what else they might own if Rhodes takes time ta study goop," crimson and black eyes look between the golden Spring and black and white Autumn monarchs to see what they thought of her suggested for logistics.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Going in on her own?

"No. Absolutely not." Rhodes says firmly. "That's too dangerous, contract or not. No-one is going in alone." Especially not you, Sera. I will not risk losing you. Nothing scared him more.

The Dread Lords shrugs. "Not much. You're welcome to watch, but it'll just be me working the contract. It takes a few hours."

There is a small sigh. "Yes, tactics. Let's not go straight for nuclear options, please? There is no coming back from using them, after all." He drains his glass and sets it on the table. "It certainly would put the fear into him, and I'm never above using that. However silencers and knives are more than a little outside of my remit, Circe dear. I'm a occultist, not James Bond, no matter how well I dress." A touch of a smile flashes across his lips. "For me, any weapon is simply a prop, a tool, to accentuate whatever point I make verbally. Lie or not."

He drops into the chair beside Sera. "For now it looks like we have some research and procurement to do, and Sera has to inform the other Emeralds. When we go back there," not if, "we will want to see what extra hands are willing to join us. I am sure the path for the stolen is in the room Sera and I observed - I just nee the proof. It was too clinical, too staged. Things weren't plugged in. lights without bulbs.... It wasn't a room for using as a motel room, that's for certain. We need to get out gear and research together, then search the motel for the path to the other side."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

10. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

It was good to feel Circe’s Mantle cool off a bit. She could only image the flare of that Mantle if they let Circe go. Let her seek her own vengeance. There would be no mercy for the receiver of that anger.

She nods at the explanation, “That makes sense. I just don’t want the Freehold put at risk. It’s members need to feel safe, and know we won’t put them in danger.” As Monarchs, they needed to keep their Courts safe.

A shrug, “They might, and they might also underestimate me. I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve, and I can fight a little, enough to take someone off guard.” It wouldn’t be the first time someone underestimated her. “Lets say they are part of a Flesh Market, maybe we can use that to our advantage. Who’s to say we’re not looking to strike a deal with whoever is running it? Looking to make a few deals. It could work, with the right lies and deception.” But that was if they were dealing with the Flesh Market, they didn’t know that for a fact yet.

“That’s always an option. But I would think we’d need to have a clearing in mind. Don’t know about you, but I don’t want to roam the Hedge looking for the perfect spot with a hostile guy in tow.”
    Had to consider all the options. “Uh, well, I’ve never used a weapon in a fight. I’m not opposed to a quick lesson with a knife if you have the time. And I like your idea of looking more into the computer, see what you can find. The more we know about this, the better I think.” She drinks her tea, her mind working out a few things.

An eyebrow was raised at Rhodes, and she looks at him, “It wouldn’t be alone, you both would know where I was. And I’m not helpless you know.” She mutters. Part of her knew he was only worried, but the other part was defiant about this.

A nod, “I plan to call a quick brief meeting at the Tavern. The death of another is not news to be delivered on the phone.” It just wasn’t how things were done. “If you’re able to establish there is a path in that room, is that where we plan to enter? What about the room Abe died in? If there were more than one person or Lost there, where did they go? Circe, you said there was no one in the room when you got there. Do you have an idea how quickly you were able to get there? And if there was as much blood as Circe said, wouldn’t the attackers have left a trail when they fled?” blood was messy and got everywhere. No way someone walk out of that room without blood on them.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was the only fighter here? Oh that was going to be very problematic. Circe nods as the Flowering rejects over kill, "The threat is still a good one but not option A I agree. Imma still try fer that dynamite as a, hmm option F." She then frowns as she folds her arms, "Especially if I'm the only leg breaker. Startin' ta wish I figured own Hedgespinnin' a lot sooner. Might'a been able ta give ya a scary pig sticker ta threatin' folks with," Circe acknowledges Rhodes lack of martial skill.

Circe's glare goes to Seraphina with a scoff before looking at the wall she'd been punching, "The only deal a Flesh Trader should get is high speed lead, right to the head, in bulk." She snorts, "Plus I'm agreeing with Rhodes here Sera. How would ya fight or run from 'em? Really, how do ya fight? Because this sniper on overwatch ain't gonna be that good if ya end up indoors. That spec ops shootin' through walls ain't somethin' I can get on short notice." The anger briefly voids Circe's countenance as she seems to be doing math. Then shakes her head, "Yeah, no."

She flexes her wounded hand into a fist, "I wasn't payin' a lot of attention. I think there were clothes there? Didn't help me stop Abe from dyin' but there was a pile of clothes. And he died in front of me," and there was the Mantle again, "Couple of minutes probably given how fucked up he was. Mundane departure is out fer the killers. Ya'd have heard the gunfire. So either secret exit or a fae one."

That they'd have a meeting for Abraham's death thought? That got the Mantle to die down a little. "Make sure ta raise a glass ta him when ya do. And see if there is anybody that can detect Hedgegates. Do either of ya know if we have anybody that's buddies with the cops?"

Because it would be best to avoid them if they were going to search the motel that the cops were investigating.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Flowering is slow to reply. "We.... are already relying on them underestimating us, darling. We did so to escape the janitor the first time, and they may discover our decepetion. Our luck only runs so far."

The icy winds of the Dread Lord's mantle whip menacingly and the whispers grow in volume. Emerald eyes twitch slightly, although Circe then says the words he is thinking, and the zephyrs calm - mostly. The voice is carefully even. "Thank you, Circe. This is not about your capability, sweetheart. I know you are far from helpless. More this is about the threat they pose, which we know to be great."

Rhodes nods slowly at the Blue Elf. "I'm not averse to a perparing a nuclear option. Just not as the first one. I'm sure you can make those arrangements, Circe. We wouldn't want them to forget us, after all." There is a mirthless smile. "I can still use a Kenning to sense things, and Autumn's gifts let me see the magical through the mundane, but Gates are a separate beast. I may need to research it."

He pours another cup of tea from the pot, and sips it. "It seems to me, my lovelies, that we all have some work to do before we return. I have the bottle, Circe has the online approach and logistics, Sera has to tell the others - and maybe find us some more hands. I suggest we do these things, and prepare to go back. We may need to do so in force, find their escape-hatches, and we don't know how much of the motel will be left when we return. Or after we leave." The Autumn's tone is grim.

Either as glimpses or a part of this scene, I think we want to do a little ibdividual fact-gathering, then plan a return to the motel. That sound good to everyone?

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Yet another doubting her abilities! Her own Mantle flared around her, “Just because I lost to Fawkes does not mean I can’t fight. And I may not be as good as a Summer, but I can hold my own. As a Spring, I have many tricks up my sleeve if it came to a fight. If my fists don’t work, there are other methods.” Was it because she was a Spring? Was it because she was pretty? Why was she always being underestimated?! Nothing pissed her off more! “Do not underestimate me.” She felt her blood begin to boil, and a few deep breaths were taken as she calmed. As did her Mantle.

“It may only run so far, unless properly worked in our favor.” She could throw some luck their way. Or bad luck. "Don't forget, a few well placed curses can work wonders as well."

Sapphires flick over to Rhodes, taking on a deeper blue color. She simply watches him for a moment then looks away. She wasn’t sure what she’d say at this point.

The rest of the words are heard, but she stays silent for now.

At the mention of her contacting the others though, “Did we have a time frame?” her voice even, controlled.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread