Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
59
POSTS
41322
THREADID

Infections

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
  1. #1
    Kelreth's Avatar
    Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

    Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

    2
    PRE

    The text goes out to the pack as he knows it, Emily Makerith , Matt Joule , Brigit , Nathaniel Dormur , Chris has been out of contact for some time.

    QuoteQuote:
    I think we have a rat problem again.
    Along with an intersection of two roads.

    At the intersection two tall condo complexes stand in the night sky. Both light up brightly on the ground floors and then trailing to intermittent windows and hallway lights further up. It's dark out by now, the streets fallen into that quiet pattern of activity and silence found in some cities at night. Of Chris there's no sign though he's definitely somewhere nearby or has been nearby recently. His scent still hangs in the air.

    Around the two condos businesses, mostly closed for the night, stand shuttered and dark. A block in one direction has an active bar and a block in the other direction has some late night snacks.

    Wits can be rolled reflexively to spot Chris, though 5+ successes are needed.
    Feel free to ensure that all wolves find their way here.
    A successful perception roll at -3 picks up on short, stunted, movements in a dark alleyway alongside one condo.

      4 suxx on Blending
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-31 21:54:56 Chris rolls 7 to Stealthy (Wits+Ste+Cun=7) (10 Again) 6, 7, 5, 10, 6, 10, 8, 9, 3 4 successes

  2. Likes Ruach liked this post
  3. #2
    Hector's Avatar
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

    4
    PRE

    Hector has no phone.

    Hector is simply wandering his territory, late at night.

    Restless, unable to sleep, he is compelled to walk the streets - to circuit the pack's territory. To Hunt for any sign of threat or danger.

    Leaning forward, legs bowed, arms crooked, he lopes the forgotten streets and the sleeping city. As a man. Adapt or die - a lone wolf might rouse the herd; and the city is their den. So tonight he pads through the silent city on two legs: just another addled vagrant...

    As a vagrant he stops a block away and raids the bins outside the bar for food. Not waiting to be caught with his banquet, he moves off quickly, heading unconsciously toward the intersection.

    He is still snarling through the edible treasures he finds when he reaches the intersection where Chris waits...

    And of course, while he finishes his grotesque banquet (the sloppy remains have spilled down his shirt and stained his stubble red) he completely misses all the cues that someone else is there, watching him!

    Silly wolf!

    Hector wasn't PM'd Kelreth but I figure this is plot. If its not for him, simply write him out in the next post

      
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-01 07:18:21 Hector to see Chris rolls 3 to Wits reflexive (10 Again) 9, 6, 6 1 success
    2019-11-01 07:16:30 Hector sees things! rolls 2 to Wits + Composure - 3 Penalty (10 Again) 2, 4 failure
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

    Primal Urge: ●●●

  4. Likes Ruach, liked this post
  5. #3
    A
    Antigone

    Antigone has a phone, but nobody to call. That's how new she is to this city.

    And like any predator on new ground, she's exploring. Walking the street on two legs. Dressed casually so as not to draw undue attention.

    Looking. Moving slowly, cautiously, but inexorably. Getting to know the territory. Trying to catch the scent. Of prey. Of other hunters.

    It's been a couple weeks and she's seen plenty of prey. But no sign of the People. Or the Pure.

    Until now.

    Even with the stink of street living and garbage on him, Antigone can smell the wolf on the vagrant she's just passed.

    She halts, casting her eyes about to survey their surroundings. Steeling herself for contact.

    Rolls


    She notes some movement coming from a nearby alley, but she's already turning back toward Hector.

    She assumes an open stance, hands at her sides. Non-threatening.

    "Hey," the Elodoth calls out.

    Dropping my new wolf into the mix at Kelreth's invitation. Please note, I forgot to apply the modifier to the perception roll, so I subtracted 3 dice from the right leaving 1 success.

  6. #4
    Bleeds Well's Avatar
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

    Trained Observer - 2

    Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats
    Bleeds Well Scenes
     Death Grip Activation

    2
    PRE

    I follow the disheveled Alpha from a safe distance. I'm sure he knows of my presence, but I attempt to remain a shadow. If someone sees him, perhaps they'll be too distracted to notice me.

    A new challenger approaches.

    I watch her notice Hector, she turns and calls out to him. I pause, but do not relax. I study her for a moment before moving closer. Friend or foe, I'll know soon enough I'm sure.

      
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-02 16:28:43 Bleeds Well rolls 4 to Stealthy like (10 Again) 5, 10, 2, 4, 7 1 success
    2019-11-02 16:25:32 Bleeds Well rolls 2 to perception -3 (10 Again) 2, 4 failure






    Dirty:

  7. Likes Ruach liked this post
  8. #5
    Nathaniel Dormur's Avatar

    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

    +1
    SL
    3
    PRE

    Nathaniel wasn't in the mood. The last interaction with the Pure had strained him, and he wasn't really looking forward to running around with the prospect of having to handle ANOTHER Kuruth.

    But, that was no excuse.... Begrudgingly. So after receiving the call, Nathaniel put the University Paperwork he'd been working on back in the desk and got dressed in his one set of dedicated clothes for more work. Mother Above and Father Below, please grant me strength... So it was, he hopped on his bike and made his way over somewhere near the intersection- before dropping his bike and shapeshifting into Urhan. It was night in Sacramento, and that bike was his only source of transportation. No way he was walking into this as a scrawny nothing humming about.
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-02 18:06:05 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 5 to Go Wolfy (Stamina + Survival + Urge) (10 Again) 1, 6, 10, 3, 10, 8, 5 3 successes

    ..Of course, he would take his time going about things. No rush-shifting like before. So it was that a brown wolf with strange patterns melded into their fur made their way to an intersection.

      5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-02 18:09:59 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 9 to Perception (Wits + Composure + Urhan) (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 8, 7, 1, 8, 9, 8 5 successes

    And like his last interaction with foes, he was going to go about this with a sense of stealth. There was another scent in the wolf's nose, but it wasn't immediately familiar- and those in the alleyway were the immediate concern.

    Thus the pup was relieved to see Hector, their latest arrival, and.... Someone else new.

    <<Silence. Men. There.>> At that the wolf nods towards the alley some ways away. Why were they in human form now?! And why was...

    Mother Above was that... Garbage?! On their Alpha. Of course... What were the renowns again? Honor? Glory? The wolf was only glad being in such a state would hide the disturbed reaction... You'd think the crescent would have gotten used to it by now, but his reactions seemed to age worse with every meeting.

  9. Likes , Ruach liked this post
  10. #6
    Chris Laurent's Avatar
    Chris Laurent

    Irakka Blood Talon

    2
    PRE

    The twitch of a finger is all it takes and then Chris is leaning there. Against the building. Maybe just feet away.

    "No not men, well some of them may have used to be men." The Irraka shakes his head inside of his pulled up dark hoody. A hoody that has some interesting stains on it. Hands extend, fingers extending out from wrapped fists, to pull back the hood.

    "My apologies Hector, I let the boring life take to much precedence." The Talon shows his neck to the Alpha for several seconds before pushing off the wall and standing legs apart. Clearly ready for something. But after nodding to Hector the Irraka never takes his eyes off the alleyway.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

  11. Likes Ruach liked this post
  12. #7
    Matt Joule's Avatar

    Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

    Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

    4
    PRE

    Matt parks his, black big Hummer a good quarter mile away and walks to the intersection, keeping his senses alert for his Pack. He notices an unfamiliar wolf as well as the new Rahu. He nods once, curtly and shallow but not hostile.

      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-02 22:13:09 Matt rolls 4 to perception (Wits 2 + Composure 2) (10 Again) 5, 9, 9, 8 3 successes

  13. #8
    Hector's Avatar
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

    4
    PRE

    Hector screeches to a stop when an unknown voice accosts him Antigone (hello unlimited sink )

    The Alpha's twitches and he bodily shuffles round, evidently planning on playing up the raving vagrant trope... Till he properly notices the woman and more importantly, catches her scent and her stance. He tosses away the last of his meal and even tries to smear away some of the mess on his shirt.

    "Hey yourself," he responds neutrally.

    At about that moment, as the tension rose a notch, Nathaniel Dormur appeared, passing close enough to Hector growl his words. And Chris Laurent made himself known; Chris, whom the Alpha had been seeking, on and off, for a few weeks now. Hector responds by tracking the Ithaeur's movements for a few moments and by acknowledging Chris with.... a huge and maniacal grin... which is then directed fully at Antigone.

    Hector doesn't move as Matt Joule joins the group - only his foul and demented grin seems to get even bigger.

    And he still hasn't noticed Bleeds Well lurking in the shadows. Not with Chris (who he has been seeking) and an unknown variable standing before him.

    To Antigone. "Call us Clarion Call."

    It was obvious what he meant.

    "Been looking for you." His words were meant for Chris. Hector didn't mind if the newcomer thought they referred to her as well.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

    Primal Urge: ●●●

  14. Likes unlimited sink, Ruach liked this post
  15. #9
    A
    Antigone

    Antigone watches as the pack appears before her. There's a mixture of relief and heightened tension. The Half Moon has found what she's been looking for. But now comes the hard part.

    She does not shrink back. Does not show fear. Will not show weakness.

    Antigone keeps her eyes on the vagrant. He's the point of negotiation at this moment. Possibly the Alpha.

    She approaches Hector, hands still at her sides. Posture still open.

    "Antigone." Her own name for the name of their pack. "Half Moon. Iminir." Simple, direct. "I've been looking for you too."

    The exchange between Nathaniel and Chris is not lost on her. She had spotted the movement as well.

    "And if you're hunting tonight, I'd be honored to join."

    Urum Da Takus.

  16. #10
    Emily Makerith's Avatar
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Notes

    Emily has several tattooes:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers on her right upper arm and shoulder
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moof on her left shoulderblade

    +1
    SL
    3
    PRE

    QuoteQuote:
    Wow. Helpful. You're spending too long among up in that business world, buddy. It's not good for you.
    QuoteQuote:
    You need to spend more time on four legs. And I'm not talking about getting laid for once, though probably wouldn't hurt!
    Emily couldn't help but be a wise-ass sometimes. And she was fond of Chris. They had that kind of banter that came from an easy understanding. But the fact was, the guy just wasn't around as much as she would like, or he really could do with being.

    The loud V8 of an electric-blue Mustang roar loudly through the night, and pulls up just up from intersection.

    Subtlety was for others, but it was never Emily's style. The Ithaeur pulls herself out of the car, spotting the gathering of wolves - Matt's unmistakable hulk, Hector's loping gait, the scrawny form of Urhan-Nathaniel.... and someone else. She blows a bubble with her pink bubble gum.

    Something already feels off.

    The Ithaeur peers around, watching for the shadows.

      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-03 15:00:01 Emily rolls 5 to Observant Emily?: Wits+Comp (10 Again) 5, 8, 8, 4, 7 2 successes

    Swaggering over to the group, she puts a broad, confident smile on. "Hey boys." Hector get's a quick nod - "Chief." Chris gets a friendly punch on the shoulder. "You need to join us here in the mud more, Christophe," Emily says with a mildly admonishing tone, before shooting the gagly wolf-form of Urhan-Nate a small smile. She turns to the shadows where Bleeds Well lurks, and whistles in a loud screech. "Come on out, dark-and-scary. Let's all be friendly, huh?" she hollers over at him, chewing loudly.

    Lastly she turns to the new face. "Hey there!" She thrusts a pail, black-nail-painted hand at the new arrival, and offers a friendly smile. "'M Emily. Farsil Luhal. Ritemaster and encourager of vices. I take it you were looking for us?" She winks after her cheery introduction, and looks around.

    "Soooo.... What've you found, Chris? More Beshilu again?"

    Also forgot the -3, but still nets a success. Easier to pull all the wolves together.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 1

  17. Likes , , unlimited sink liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread