Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

Kith: Incubus
    Mantle: None

Mask: An attractive, black haired, pale skinned, blue-eyed male
    Mien: much the same, but with very faint, scattered patterns of white scales

A raised eye at Sonnie. "Not a unicorn, no- not anymore, at least. But it isn't of Mundane cloth, and has gotten me through much." A horse made of shadows, fit for the knight. "...Though I can't imagine it'd enjoy being dressed up as one, if you had that idea. But they're quite friendly, if you'd like to meet them?"

The permission to speak freely on such matters was a breath of fresh air- not that Cei was normally one to hold his tongue.

"What's fact or fiction is quite the Enigma for us now, isn't it?" A chuckle at that- he could certainly see the merit in an entire court wanting to discern the two in a topsy-turvy world. "But on a serious note, If I'm given the choice I prefer poetry, or plays. I've also a penchant for fantastical medieval-esqe works, and some of the classics... Though if you've knowledge on more un-natural things, I would be delighted to see it." A grin at Sonnie's comment "The person I borrowed them from didn't seem to mind when I told them it might be late, indefinitely." Obviously some other factors may have been at work.

"As for your charity fund- I'm more than willing to help. Bound to be some setting up to do yes?" Though Cei was quick to believe Sonja might suggest something fitting her demeanor- maybe act as King Kong in Costume? Perhaps it would be fun to play that part.

Those two, Seraphina and Rhodes. One wouldn't have to pay too much attention to see the bond... Not quite a thin one, was it? Though relationships among their own were difficult enough. " And this Freehold- what is the history here? It doesn't seem like a place wrought with troubles... Comparatively, at least." Cei wasn't so well-traveled to be an expert. But there were places, and rumors of spaces much worse than Sacramento.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

He chuckles as sapphire eyes watch him. "You should know by now I'm very good at picking my battles."

The Flowering sips his coffee and watches the Beast over the rim of the cup. "Never underestimate the draw power of free entry, Sonnie. People will always come if they think they get a good deal - then you nab the with things hey have to pay for." People were greedy, and suckers.

Wide emerald eyes watch the Incubus. "A lot less than people think, with sufficient study," he says cheerfully. "As for knowledge, you've seen my library already. I prefer to wander around the bookshops and thrift stores - You'd be amazed what hints of truth can be just thrown away by an unappreciative Mortal."

He pauses, thinking. "The Freehold has had it's share of troubles in the past. It was held by a Dragon at one point, until it was slain by the assorted Lings that banded together. Very strange business, bu before my time. Before most people's time I believe. I think one of the few who knows about that time firsthand is our darling Spring queen here." He smirked, just a little, giving Sera a sideways playful look. He knew she hated being called the Spring Queen. Under the table, his foot gently taps against Sera's.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Looking thoughtful for a moment, “I would have it be free, but with the knowledge that any and all donations will go towards a charity. Perhaps have some education flyers or posters near a donation station, allowing people to see where their money would be going and helping.” Just an idea. Beaming, “You’re more than welcome! I have the space, and it’s for a great cause! And I’ll even donate the proceeds from any coffee sales towards the charity. And I did! They work great!” people had been enjoying them in the evenings.

Sera listens, sipping her coffee. Those weren’t really her type of topics to read about, but she was still interested. “For the poetry and plays, is there a type you prefer or a particular time period?” poetry, like plays, changed over the years.

“There might be, that depends on what Sonnie wishes to do. This is going to be her night, so I’m going to go with what she wants.” And only help when asked.

Nodding as Rhodes spoke, “Exactly! Things like coffee and specialty cookies shaped like cute monkeys.” They would sell.

The Nix shoots Rhodes a dirty look before smiling. “I arrived while the Dragon was still alive, and assisted in its defeat. I remember a little about the Dragons history and what it did, the buildings and lives it devastated.” It was a sad topic, not one she enjoyed talking about. “Then it was all about rebuilding the Freehold, which I think we were able to do nicely. It might not be as large as it was in the past, but I think we have a nice little group.” The tap was answered with one from her foot.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Meet them? Sure! Where are they now?" Sonja smiled and took a sip of her coffee, "So... they used to be a unicorn? Did they lose their horn? Oh, do they talk?"

"Well, if I'm really gonna do this, I got a lot of planning to do! December will be here soon!" She grinned at Cei, "If I need some muscle, I'll know who to call!"

The Beast clapped her hands together in excitement, smiling towards the Fairest couple, "Monkey cookies! Yes! I was thinking banana smoothies, and banana cream pie, too! The sales go to the charity! Wow, I'll have a lot of baking to do!"

Oh dear. Sonnie cooking again?

She had already fished a pen and a notebook out of her bag and was busy scribbling down ideas for her party. She smiled as she listened to discussion of the Dragon, something she had missed out on as well. "Queen Seraphina the Dragon Slayer! Used her +5 Sword of Awesome!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods. "Sounds like a lot of cooking to do, Sonnie. I'm not any good at helping there, but I can show up and offer support." The icy winds twist lazily around them all.

His feet continue to rub against Sera's. "It was a dark time. But personally, I think things are much better now. Don't you Darling?" he chuckles.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

The Former Champion
    Strength
    (Herculean)
    Striking Looks
    (Strapping)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Resonant)
    Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

Another smile at her inquisitiveness. "Something like that. Maybe I'll tell you that story sometime- though they don't like to talk about it much. But they DO talk- and they like sugar cubes." They were a horse, after all.... Er... Well."After this is over we could take a stroll through the Brimstone Thorns and you could have a chat. They'd love someone to talk to, I'm sure."

Cei didn't have much experience with charity events, but the whole ordeal seemed quite positive. "I'd love to attend myself... And as Rhodes said. Never underestimate their willingness to indulge, especially when given the excuse. Free admission will bring them in- all that's left after that is to give them reasons to partake." So many just needed a simple nudge, it need not even be magical. A free event to sate greed, an excuse to eat something guilty to fuel gluttony... An offer of recognition to spark pride.

A continuation of his conversation with Rhodes"Time and effort can solve any mystery, with someone willing to devote both. If it's a path you enjoy, more to you." And next, to answer Seraphina.

"There are a few plays. Troilus, Coriolanus, Faust... Those are the ones I always return to at least- modern ones can carry some interest, though I seem to come back to the past." If there's one thing being subjected to an eternal medieval-era stage provided, it was a lens on such things. "Poetry is a joy no matter the time or form." To read and to write.

Wait... He had missed out on a dragon hunt?... The Incubus looked visible disappointed at this development. "I've yet to face one. It speaks volumes that this Freehold was capable. I'm sure their latest monarchs will uphold such fortitude." Strength in numbers and community, when one was not strong enough on their own.

"Does the Freehold often contribute to such public events? That's lovely." Genuinely. Not the cryptic 'password please' two different keys dead drops in the middle of the night as some rumors had led him to believe.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Laughing, light and musical in tone, “Well, if you need help with the planning, you can always call me.” But she was pretty sure Sonnie knew that, though she wanted to make sure.

“Well, I don’t have any machines for smoothies, but I’m sure I can rent some. And I bet the bakery I use can make some adorable cookies if you didn’t want to bake. Oh! And we can get one of those picture things like from the corn maze but with monkeys!”
    she adds.

Giggling, “Oh, I wasn’t a huge help, but I was there. There were others who did more.” Credit where it was due.

At his offer to help support Sonnie, Sera grabs his hands and gently squeezes it.

Nodding, “Oh yes, a lot better. But it was great to see the Freehold really come together as one, everyone had a role to play. And when it was done, the focus shifted and the rebuilding began. There was more of a sense of unity after that.” It was nice.

“I’ll admit, I’m not as up to date on my plays as I would like, I tend to drift more towards medical books or history. But if memory serves me right, Coriolanus is by Shakespeare correct? The other two I’m not entirely sure about. Is there something that draws you to those in particular?” always good to ask about another’s interests.

There was a slight shrug, “I’m not sure I would highly recommend it. The one this Freehold dealt with almost completely destroyed it. Taking down its very commons, the very place we are meant to feel safe. It took time and careful planning.” She never wanted to do it again. Then a nod, “The current Monarchs are each strong in their own way, and I have no doubt that they would stand against any threat to the Freehold as one.” Especially Circe, that girl was dangerous to any foe.

“Public events? Like charity events?” asks the Nix sipping her coffee, “Everyone seems to have their own cause that’s near and dear to them. But the Freehold does a remarkable job of supporting each other when they can.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

The Beast squealed in joy! "That is such a coincidence! I also like sugar cubes!" She laughed, "Oh, the freehold should build a stable, then Tenebris and Bree can be neighbors! Bree is a griffon, and is Abraham's faerie steed! Wait, do griffons eat horses?" Sonnie pondered the possibility for a moment, but couldn't come to a decision, so she shrugged like it didn't matter. They'd probably find out the answer eventually.

"The... Brimstone Thorns? What's that? It doesn't sound like a pleasant place for a stroll," she mused.

"Why thank you, your Royal Scariness," she smiled and nodded to Rhodes at his offer of assistance.

Sera's suggestions covered things Sonnie clearly hadn't thought of yet, and she quickly jotted down the ideas while nodding vigorously, "I also need to buy bananas in bulk. I hope CostCo has a sale the day before the party. Thanks! It's good to have the wisdom of the Joyeux!" She paused in her scribbling for a beat and blinked in thought, "Wait, are you still Joyeux?"

The Steepscrambler looked to the Incubus and waggled her pen at him, "That's the advantage of a small freehold, I guess. We all kinda need to have each other's backs more than a big one would."

A thought came to the scatterbrained Courser, and she voiced it immediately, "Hey, what happened to this dragon after it was killed? Is it's corpse still laying around somewhere? Did anyone keep trophies? I'd love to see a real dragon fang!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

As Sera's fingers wrap around his, Rhodes smiles happily and rubs a thumb over her hand.

The current Monarchs..... "Have you seen Sasha lately, darling?" She wasn't at the Autumn Coronation, which was odd of itself.

"It was a while ago, Sonnie. Probably all gone, I'm afraid. Shame really - I can think of may uses for Dragon." He chuckles darkly.

The Former Champion
    Strength
    (Herculean)
    Striking Looks
    (Strapping)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Resonant)
    Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

The Freehold didn't already possess such a thing? That could not be stood for. "Indeed! I shall most assuredly assist in the construction of a place for them. As per whether griffins eat horses- if they do, none have been fast enough to try. Besides, Ten plays nicely with others." Finishing the cookie and taking another drink, Cei smooths out his outfit before continuing. "Ah, The Hedge- The Brimstone Thorns." It seemed an apt title, considering they paved a changeling's path down to what might as well have been Hell.

At the pen wagging Cei can't help but laugh a bit. "I suppose so. Who knows, perhaps it'll rub off on me." And as to the question of the dragon... "The corpse is no more? Damn shame. That sounds like it would've been an excellent spot for a picnic." Cei takes a moment to stretch, something that shows quite well underneath the already stretched shirt.

To Seraphina's word of caution. "And I might enjoy the challenge it brings... Though I understand one's hesitation. I'll keep that in mind. And yes, it is Shakespeare... Though that's not the link. They're tragedies- I think that's what most of them have in common." Not at all unusual, given their circumstances.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread