DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"If I overheard correctly, when Mr. Exlibrist expressed his intentions, it was under the guidance of a Cardinal Dominique Evalda that he took his orders. Some ambitious new religious leader in San Francisco that likely imparted their ambitions onto their messengers," shares Derek as a bit of idle trivia. "But I would also be interested in learning of the different practices within the Lancea Sanctum. I have heard there are a number of Creeds that often have conflicting interpretations of the sacred texts."

To Derek, Patience seems to be answering the Prince's questions without issue. He wonders if he should instead excuse himself to speak with the familiar blonde in heels that strode into Court. Though there is still plenty of time left in the night for such conversations. He would wait until this one reached its end.

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

The Prince's question is greeted with a grave nod of Patience's head.

"Differences in education have an impact. And differences in the strength of one's faith. It is hard to walk the path of True Belief. And easy to mistake one's own desires for the Will of God."

She spreads her hands, holding them at her sides. A gesture of open-ness.

"Temperament also plays a role. Some metal is only used for nails. Every covenant needs nails, even the Dark Faith. Nails hold things together. But they are rarely pretty to look at and serve other purposes poorly." Her predecessors are prime examples of this principle. "I would say Fathers Exlibrist and Garcia were most likely glorified nails."

She turns her attention to Derek, "I heard this Cardinal's name while in San Francisco, but never met her. I was only there a short while. My calling brought me here."

Filmy eyes return to the Prince, "But the Church is where there are Believers. The Church is here because I believe and I am here. Not because of a Cardinal in San Francisco. I speak for the Faith in this city. What she says means nothing."

Derek's curiosity brings a smile to the Bishop's lips. It is ugly.

"The Reeve is correct. There are many interpretations of the Testament. My sire brought me into the oldest Creed: the Monachal Creed. But, as a mortal, I was raised in a very small and...independent faith. Something close to the faith of the Mennonites, with distinct difference." Say, the dismissal of christian pacifism, a firm conviction in the impending rapture, and a certain literalist reading of the Bible, especially the old testament. "My grandfather was Pastor of our church and my father after him. My sire allowed me to continue certain...practices involved with my mortal faith once I was Damned."

She clasps her hands before her. "I serve as I must and I follow the Words of Longinus as closely as I can." Beyond that, the academic and political pursuits of her covenant-mates hold little importance to her.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief nod, “Ah yes, that was the name. Thank you Reeve.” Names like that were hard to remember. At least for her. But then again, she dismissed most of what he said that night. Focusing on what was important to her, the threat.

From the Italian’s face, she was listening closely as Patience spoke. Not wanting to misunderstand, the Haunt had her full attention. “I find that fascinating actually. How things like that, education to ones faith, can play such a strong role in how one represents their Covenant. And how such representation could damage the standing of a Covenant. So I’m pleased to have you within the Domain, to shed a positive light on the Lance so to speak.”

A nod then, this one seemed to have a more level head on her shoulders.

“It sounds like faith has always been an important part of your life.” Some of the words didn’t mean thing to her. “So these, interpretations, can lead to members such as what we saw in our past two Lance? Affascinante.” She says gently. “But seems there is a lot to learn of your faith, and I look forward to learning and gaining a better understanding.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek returns the nod deferentially. Even before he was Deputy, the paranoid Mekhet knew to remember such potential threats in case the Inquisition really did arrive. That, and Derek's first hand experiences within San Francisco allowed him a better recollection of such Kindred.

"As will I," adds Derek to the Prince's sentiment. It would be important to understand his Deputy's motivations as she continued to serve under his Office.

"The Deputy has my full confidence in her dutifulness," he says before addressing Patience. "No doubt your years of service and dedication make you well-suited to the role. Commendable."

And if the Change is as risky as Derek is told, she might make a suitable replacement...

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

"I am glad at your pleasure, Your Grace." Patience offers a bow, her body bending in odd and unseemly ways. When she straightens, her head seems to hang limply from her neck for a moment before snapping to attention.

"Fortunately for the Dark Faith, the Truth of Longinus's Testament cannot be diluted by the words and actions of fools. And there are many fools that claim membership within the Church. To the detriment of those who rightly Believe." It is an intractable and perennial problem. Luckily, it is a problem that often solves itself in the discrete instance. Leaving little more than a pile of ash.

"I must say that my own faith is a product of my lineage more than anything else. As both Kine and Kindred, I have been raised in very devout circumstances. Much depends on the nature of one's Family. And the Blood of my Sire has long been mingled with that of the Faithful. The Creed may direct action, but motives begin much earlier. Fools are most often born fools."

The Reeve's kind words are met with a humble wave of her hand, as if she is sweeping his praise away. "I spoke of nails. I am a knife. The Reeve recognized that, Your Grace. And gave me the chance to serve your domain, for which I am thankful. It speaks to his wisdom." She does not mention besting him with her blade. Patience does not boast.

When Alessandra expresses interest in the Dark Faith, Patience feels a sense of elation. To share the Word of the Centurion with such a powerful predator is a rare opportunity. "I am blessed that you will allow me to share the Truth of the Testament with you, Your Grace. I look forward to the night we meet. Your Herald knows how to reach me when you are ready."

Patience falls silent, unsure if she has been dismissed or not.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod as Derek talks up his Deputy. She didn’t expect any less.

Yeah, this one was going to be harder to get used to, she thinks, watching Patience.

“I’m sure there are members like that in every Covenant, and time roots them out so to speak.” She wondered if even the Invictus had members like that? Though it was a little hard to believe. “Does the Truth help you rid the Church of them?” faith was weird. She never understood it.

“Sounds like the Church was a natural place for you then. In life and unlife. There must be some sort of comfort in that, knowing where you belonged and were accepted.” It took her many many years to find her way. "Many of us spend years searching for where we belong."

There was a small smile, “I trust his judgement, and look forward to working with both of you in regards to the safety of the Domain.” Maybe she was too hands on with that. “If you are the knife, does that mean you are a fighter? Or are you one who works best behind the scenes? Both are, of course, very useful and needed.” It would be good to know what the Haunts strengths were.

The smile softens, “I enjoy learning as much as I’m able about various topics, people and beliefs. I’ve never been afraid to ask questions on things I have little to know knowledge, and I think your faith sounds quite fascinating.” Even if she didn’t believe in it, it was something new.

Ah, so she’s met Jack. “I’ll do that.” And she wonders what the Lords opinion on the Haunt was.

“I would hate to keep either of you from talking with others here tonight.” She sees that Seth has arrived….late. And that Elle has made her way into Court. “So I thank you for taking the time to talk with me.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"It has been the same for me, Your Grace, spending years contemplating the path I am to follow. And I am thankful for your trust and reliance in me."

It is all he has to share as the Prince gives them leave to end their conversation. He offers a slight bend in his torso for bow before answering, "And thank you for sharing your company, Your Majesty."

He nods to Patience and then retreats a few steps before turning and occupying a space within the Commons.

Derek returns to the main thread

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse

NOS
    PRE

"You are wise, Your Grace," Patience replies. "The Truth of the Testament does help us identify those...poor in actual Faith. It is a measure against which they are often found lacking. From there, they are dealt with." One way or another.

"I have always found a home in the Church," Patience agrees. But what she doesn't say is that comfort doesn't figure into it. Patience never had a choice, in life or in death. The Lord commands and the Bishop obeys.

“I am a fighter, Your Grace,” the Haunt replies. “I lack the subtlety to be anything else.” Blunt as always.

Then the Reeve departs. Patience returns his nod, watches him go. Her foul gaze returns to the Prince.

”It has been a pleasure, Your Grace. Please feel free to call on me anytime. To discuss matters of Faith or for any other reason.” Another curtesy is performed, even more unsettling than the last.

”A blessed evening to you.” With that, Patience withdraws.

Thanks for the great scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread