THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

Markarth didn't like arriving late, especially seeing as he more or less lived in Edna's. Still he had tried to put together a somewhat appropriate outfit for the evening. Especially since he was still new to the city and frankly upsetting Rhodes seemed like a bad idea. So it was he entered the room wearing a pair of worn jeans, stained with ink and paint in various autumn colors shades of red, orange, magenta and brown. His top consisted of an open (he assumed leather) vest that he had added various skull and pumpkin pins onto. His spear was strapped to his back a belt. He didn't bother with attempting to strengthen his mask instead letting his mien show to all who could see it. After all it was the season of fear and what instilled more fear then a reminder of the scars their keepers could leave?

"I hope I'm not late," Markarth gave a bow towards the King.

The elemental glanced around the room he recognized some faces from the small get together others were complete strangers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Seeing Sonnie, a wide smile appears, “Sonnie! That dress is great on you!” she compliments, thinking the dress was perfect for the Season.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spots Penance, and offers the Orge a smile, “Good evening Penance, I like your necklace.” Were those skulls….real? If so, then wow. Creepy, but cool.

From somewhere, she couldn’t pinpoint where, came the whisper. Failure. Sapphires dart around for a moment before settling on Rhodes again, accepting his hand. The kiss was welcomed and returned. Smiling at the compliment, “Thank you.” Perfect was what she was always going for.

Moving very shortly? Where? She’d lived in Edna’s a while ago, but doesn’t remember any special ballrooms or anything. What was he up to, she muses with a smirk.

That term still felt weird to her. Queen.

Laughing at what Circe says, “Didn’t think I could make a grand entrance with my dress covered. This changes everything.” She teases the elf.

Smiling with a nod, “I know I’m very eager to see what you’ve got under there.” The wink returned.

Royal couple? Was that what they were? A couple, yes. Royal? She wasn’t sure. Him yes. Her? Eh.

Now Markarth? This guy was new. She didn’t remember him from the Summer Coronation, meaning he arrived after. The ink on him was something she hadn't seen before. The Nix offers him a warm smile, “I don’t think we’ve met,” begins the angelic voice, “I’m Seraphina, or Sera, I answer to both.” She jokes, but a friendly joke.

But seeing the others made her wonder if she had overdressed. And then blew overdressed out of the water by adding Hedgespun to it. She knew the dress was gorgeous, but she was a bit unsure now. Did she go overboard? Was she going to stand out? And not in a good way? Her body stiffened slightly as her mind began to overthink, one hand nervously worrying on the other gloved hand.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The mystery of what lay beneath Circe's white cloak had certainly tantalized Sonnie's curiosity. The glimpse of red shoes caused a raised eyebrow. "Hmmm..."

She was then distracted by King Rhodes compliment and thanking her. The Beast smiled and nodded, "Oh, sure, no problem!" She was stronger than she looked, and holding the pumpkin for an extended period didn't bother her.

Seraphina's arrival and greeting caused her to beam proudly, and she did a little spin to show off her dress, holding her jack o' lantern tight so she wouldn't drop it, "Thanks and I... wow how did you do that to your hair? That's amazing!"

"Hi Penny!" she smiled and waved at the Ogress.

Sonnie waved at the arrival of Markarth, remembering him from the riverside. "Hello again!"

The Steepscrambler glanced around, wondering where Blaire was. She'd expected the (other) Autumn Ogre to be here, too.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

The Bright One eventually arrives, fashionably late of course, and surprisingly unaccompanied. She pauses for a moment, taking her time to adjust her loosely styled coiff as it has been swept away by the chilling autumn winds and to ponder on the architectural wonder that has to be Edna's, one of Sacramento's many secret marvels.
    Tonight her choice of attire falls into the Halloween chic camp. In part to honor the season, the yellow fabric of her brocade jacket and skirt is embroidered with leafy patterns and glassy beads, in part to honor the upcoming All Saints' Eve. The only concessions to her Mantle are a pair of classy pastel green heels and her light rose makeup.
    She dives into her plush bag to put her cellphone on mute. The bag... the bag now. It looks like a black cat, the right mix of horrifying, ironic, kitsch and cute. Just right for a scary night at Edna's. She knew she had to have it since she had first spotted it in a vintage retailer downtown. Kitsch enough for a horror night at Edna and at the same item ironic. And it was so fluffy.
    Seeing no point in further hesitation, she clears the ante-chamber. "Pip pip, I hope I'm not too late", she gives the king a slight bow.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Charmed? Sure. OK. Reed accepts Rhodes hand, gives it a quick shake. "Well, nice to meet you, Dread Lord." He sounds a little uncomfortable with the title. "And nice digs. The place..." Reed looks around, then back to the Ashen Sovereign. "And the, uh, cape too." He gives the host an awkward smile.

Then, Seraphina arrives and everything else in the room seems to dim.

"Hey, yeah, I remember you alright," Reed replies to Sera. How could he forget? I mean, Jesus God, in a room full of beautiful 'people,' Sera is the Fairest of all. "I'm, uh, Reed." It's almost hard to look at her, she's so fine. The Garden Gnome tries not to squint. "Nice to meet you." He scratches the back of his head. "Again, I mean."

And then the Dread Lord and the Angelic Babe kiss. Reed just stares. What would it be like to kiss a woman like that? It's beyond everything.

Reed realizes he's gawking. Averts his eyes. Extracts the flask from his pocket, unscrews the top. A quick sip. Then he holds it out, a silent but general offer. If no one takes him up on it, the flask will be returned to its former place.

Good thing he's taken that drink too. Because here comes a horrifying vision, clad in skulls with a mouth like a cave full of razors. And she's asking if Circe is...naked? Bloodshot eyes dart between the Ogre and the Elf.

Oh come on, spoil the surprise, the Wizened thinks when Circe answers. He's never liked surprises.

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nods as Seraphina compliments Sonnie, "Cute clothes are a good match fer a cute girl. Only way ta make it better? We'd need ta give ya a cute weapon." And smirks as she turns upon Seraphina, "Ooooh ho ho ho ho indeed Sera! A lil' teasing entices them all the more. Should we try ta synchronize our decloaking? Such unity could turn a moment of flare inta flash!" The waggle of ears and eyebrows, yes it is pun time. "Or am I giving some bang to it," she tilts her head with an amused smile, "Which could it beeee," the tone is teasing.

Her cloak cloak moves as Circe turns back upon Sonya Wu, "Oh and Sonnie! Thank ya fer bein' so adorable right now. If ya hadn't I the noise I'd have made when the royal couple kissed probably would'a made my own ears bleed."

Then the walking universe arrives. Titania outfit was. Sparkly. Though her words made Circe look at the newest arrival in confusion, "Quindi è britannica adesso? Titania! Yer gonna shine all over this party! Especially with all those sparkles on yer dress."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

The Elemental gave a short bow to the Fairest who glittered like a gem, Seraphina. Because of course she was a Fairest, Markarth was willing to bet you could count the number of other Kith's present on just your hands. What was it about this place that attracted so many of them? "Markarth, or...Markarth. Nice to meet you, and yes I just moved into town not too long ago."

He returned Sonnie's wave, glad to see a familiar face. He'd spotted Penance and a few others he'd met already. But mostly chose to keep to himself, parties weren't something he'd sought out before he'd been taken and they weren't exactly something he enjoyed afterwards either. But this was for the Autumn Court so he felt honor-bound to show up. Even if prolonged social interaction gave him that itchy nervous feeling under his skin.

A
    Abraham Norton

Although there's plenty of stimuli to react to - from Titania's dazzling presence to Circe's compliment to Reed offering his flask (Abraham raises his hand slightly in a polite refusal) - the knight-errant chooses to compartmentalize, shutting out all the non-essential signals. Besides, he's already found his mark. The Flowering turns to Markarth .

"Good evening" He says to the Elemental in a friendly tone "Do you have time for a chat when your time allows?"

If Markarth is willing, we can start a side thread, potentially open to other people as well Mandalore5

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Oh my god, Starlight! You look amazing!" Holding her carved pumpkin on top of her head, the Beast danced over to the Telluric with a wide smile, "I love the bag! It's too cute!" She blinked and peered closely at Titania's accessory. "It's not made from a real cat, is it?"

Sonnie grinned and made a little bow towards the Summer Queen, "Thank you and you're welcome! My adorability lives to serve!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

(1 for Hollow, 3 for Fairest Blessing)Glamour 4 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"If you could hold off just a moment, gentlemen," Rhodes says to Abraham and Markarth, "we are about to begin."

"Well then!" The Dread Lord's voice booms through the hubbub of assembled Changelings. "Welcome, one and All, to the Autumnal Equinox, the turn of the year. As several of you have deduced, this is not the final locale for tonight's festivities. We have something far more fitting than even a room in a Haunted House, and since the majority of us are here, we should move on. If you would kindly follow me...."

Rhodes sweeps forwards beaming; the icy breeze, leaves and whispers all moving with him and he pressed confidently through the crowd to the entrance hall again. Turning smartly left, he opens the door to an unsuspecting closet, pressing against the entrance of the Hollow with his Wyrd. Beyond is not a hole for coats, but a short corridor not out of place in a Victorian mansion.

He presses through.

The corridor extends for almost thirty feet before opening onto an open-plan polished wooden floor. On the left, a pair of steps lead to a raised area with a wooden banister, and several rows of tall bookshelves. To the right, similar steps lead to another raised area holding an open heath, fire roaring, and a heavy wooden table similar to the one left, heavy with the peculiar and unusual fruits and meats of the Hedge, as well as several bottles of assorted colour and dustiness. On both sides the walls are a deep russet, candles offering the light. The open area between both "rooms" is open , leading to an enormous sycamore whose wide heavy boughs blot out the ceiling above with it's autumn leaves. Above, the leaves seem to rustle and bend without wind, reacting to the gazes of those that stare.

Beyond the tree, the walls fall and crumble away, as does the wooden floor, giving way into a misty glade of dark moss. Old toys and furniture poke eerily from the glade - the oldest of the Changelings may recall the shadows of the former Autumn Hollow. On either side the walls disappear into the bare trees, shattering and whisping into ethereal nothingness.

For those that watch deeply into the trees beyond, red eyes occasionally stare out of the darkness - the mist reaching beyond sight into the trees.

Positively bounding ahead and talking a position up on a large root of the mighty central tree, the Dread Lord looks out over the Gathered crowd. "Welcome, my friends, to the Autumn Hollow. Hard work formed into a place of learning and sanctuary." His voice lowers, but still carries thought the cool air. He raises his left arm to over his head and leans on the vast trunk.

"All the courts have their founders. The very first Leaden Mirror was Clay Alice, a Changeling who's hands were just of her namesake. So soft, so delicate, that she had to handle even soft objects with the greatest care, lest her own hands break clean off."

The Flowering pauses, filling the air with silence.

"No-one knows how Clay Alice came to be the first Queen of Autumn. All is known is that she walked off into the Hedge, alone and unarmed, into the darkness of the Hedge. Searching for the something just as primal, just as preserving, as the Gentry themselves; Fear itself."

An icy breeze ripples through the trees. Those near the front feel the twist of wind and the haunting whispers from the Autumn Sovereign's own Mantle.

"As is plain for all to see, the First Leaden Sovereign succeeded in making a pact with Autumn and Fear itself. Fear of Death. Fear the year may never renew. Fear of return, to that which haunts us. Without sword, not spear, nor army... Fear was bound into the Fall through power and skill unknown.

The costs were great, and Alice paid them. Tonight we remember her, and the lessons she imparted - Fear is always with us, always near. However you ignore it... it is eternal. Always behind you, lurking, in the dark."

Spooky Storyteller roll!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-01 15:50:05 Rhodes rolls 7 to Spooky Story-telling: Pres+Expression+Storytelling Spec+3 (Fairest Bonus) (10 Again) 8, 7, 9, 7, 8, 4, 9 4 successes

In time with the End of the story, Rhodes' mantle flares, the icy wind rippling out and chilling all in the room and the haunting whispers rushing past the ears. Atop the Fairest's head, the same black branches that hold the red flowers at his temples stretch and grow and twist and weave, forming a knotted whole. A myriad of autumnal leaves burst outwards, covering the fine crown in a laurel of acorns and fallen leaves - oak, ash, sycamore, turning green with life then the gold, yellow and red of Autumn, before being transformed as a a dull, leaden grey seeps through the veins, capturing the foliage in a Midas-like transportation from Harvest colour to a tarnished metallic grey.

King Rhodes spreads his arms wide, smiling. "Welcome to Autumn, Freehold of Sacramento. Here, the Old Laws of Hospitality stand. Eat, drink, and make merry... just remember who is watching."

Sorry for the monolith -I hope people enjoy it to set the scene!
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread