Ended
Watch

Hot Potato Issues

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Say what you will of the current Spring Monarch, she does not wilt when people go aggro on her. In fact, the way she can punch back makes you wonder on the kind of life she's had Before, During and After. Abraham does not look offended by the onslaught of pointed words, in fact - he smiles a little, and not in a condescending way.

"Maybe that's because whatever I've managed to achieve here... pales in comparison to you? You have your own business, you're smart, you've been here longer than any of us, your Mantle is the strongest - I could go on. But why bother? You are the best candidate for Monarch, I've been saying that repeatedly. Sonnie may express appreciation of my intentions, if not deeds, but my case is weak when compared with yours, and that's okay" As far as Abraham was concerned, he saw a job vacancy that wasn't there. Maybe he overplayed his hand a little.

"I've explained why I did what I did at the Garden Grounds in detail twice already, and I don't think either of us is going to convince the other. Regarding the meeting I called, consider this - how was I supposed to reach out to Ingrid, if I knew nothing about her? I could post a public note - which I did - and that's it. Plus we learned that day that none of the others, including you, know where exactly she works or lives and no one is bothered by that fact" He shakes his head in disbelief "So I thought: hey! If these people don't care that their own Queen is MIA, let's take it a step further. Call it shock value in the public interest, or greed disguised as charity..." In reality, it may have been a little of both. The changeling's mind is a weird place "...but in the end I got what I wanted. Which is a Monarch. And a kickstart to being more than just a bunch of people who wear the same color scheme. I won. We all won" It's better than getting together just once a year to organize a party. Abraham was no Archivist, but he understood the point of ritual and strong community bonds.

All this talk has made him thirsty. He pours himself a small glass of water and then downs it all in one go. Taking in a slice of the pumpkin pie for good measure. Finally, the knight-errant continues:

"I never accused Rhodes of anything. He clearly formed an opinion based on what he was told - back in Winter, when I spoke out against a Freehold Oath, he clearly had a decent judgement of me. By the way, I was right on the Oath thing, because of course I was - how anyone could've thought that this clusterfuck of interconnections is possible to maintain is beyond me. As if we didn't have the Good Neighbors' thing for that already. Same after the Spring Coronation. 'Roguish charm' he said, I still blush to this day" He chuckles "Then something changed. Was he referring to the two... incidents you mentioned? Probably. Besides me, who was there for both of them? You and Sonnie. With Sonnie I've alredy buried the hatchet, and that leaves you. The person he trusts. I think you live together, too? Are you going to tell me you two didn't talk about it?" Detective Norton on the case. The chain of events was pretty clear to him, and frankly he couldn't understand why Sera was denying the obvious. She kept saying she was not leader material - was it possible she is in denial of the kind of power, social and (likely) mystical that she has?

"I'm all for self-improvement. I just need people to listen to me - Sonnie did, and we turned a page in our relationship. I think she understands me better now - I certainly understand her better. I hope that's what you have in mind: a friendly advice instead of patronizing orders"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!, Break Grapple

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Her face softens, “What I’ve achieved here doesn’t make me better than you or anyone else. It’s things every Spring can achieve and I want to see each of you gain whatever success you desire.” But everyone had a different opinion what was success was. She didn’t see herself as successful, not yet. She had demons to conquer first.

Shaking her head, “I wasn’t saying what I said to make you explain yourself again. I was simply explaining how it appeared to me at the time.” Though it was old new now. “I believe worries would have been put at ease had you tried calling her or sending her a message. As to no one knowing much about Ingrid, I think she liked it that way and no one wanted to bother her. In the past, she had been there when needed. But, this incident, and what everyone has said about it, tells me we need to change how we do things. How the lines of communication work and that we all need to be more aware of our other Springs. Check in more often on those who might not be as social as others. There were mistakes made all around.” The blame didn’t rest with just one. There was a small smirk, “Are we supposed to wear the same color scheme? Cause I think I didn’t get the memo on that.” She jokes with an easy smile. “But yes, we won. We were shown how weak and wrong things had been going, and we can now all move forward and improve it.” Least, she hoped.

“No, you just implied that he cannot think for himself. Have you ever actually sat down and got to know him? Talk to him instead of thinking he can't think for himself?” if she was protective of anything, it was Rhodes. “He formed his opinions based off what he’s seen. And not that I need to defend what I discuss in private, but I haven’t said a bad thing about you. I’ve raised my concerns, but I’ve always looked for a way to help. Tearing someone down in private is counterproductive, it doesn’t help the person in question. Plus, I’ll tell you to your face if I have a problem with you.” Doing sneaky things behind the scenes was not her. “I wouldn’t say you were right. I still support a Freehold Oath and always will. It is the very basis of our society is built on those. The Good Neighbor vow is fine and dandy, but I see it lacking the power of a Freehold Oath. The level of security and trust it builds is important.” She’d would always put her support behind a Freehold Oath.

The urge to roll her eyes was strong, but that was childish. “Have you ever stopped to consider that perhaps it was Cole that spoke with him about the incident? I know I reached to Cole myself to talk with him and move past what happened. Which we managed to do. And as a Monarch, I’m pretty sure Richard would have told the other Monarchs to let them know of what was going on. But you know what, you seem to have your mind made up that I spend my time with Rhodes poisoning his mind. So keep running with that. But that says a lot to me about your ego, thinking you’re the topic of discussion between him and I.” She wasn’t going to worry about it, wasn’t worth it to her. “Living together? Not sure where you would have heard that.” And why would it matter. “But I’m going to tell you that you are not someone we talk about. So stop flattering yourself.” Did he need his ego stroked to function or something?

There it was again. He needed people to listen to him.

“People do listen to you. But are you listening to them? Just because some take issue with what you say and how you say it doesn’t mean they aren’t listening. I’ve only wanted to improve our working relationship, if we can’t work together, we weaken the Court.” At least, to her. “Tell me, how does people listening to you lead to self-improvement?” seems it was just another ego thing for him. Then an eyebrow raises, “Really? Patronizing orders? I don’t give orders; I encourage people to think for themselves and offer to help when needed. I’m not going to order you to do something. But I’ll encourage you to improve yourself and I’ll offer my help.” It’s all she could do. “And I know I need to improve as well. There are many things I need to work on.” No one was perfect, despite the image she tried to show.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

A head is shaken again "I couldn't call her. And I did send her a message - in the form of a public announcement. If she didn't answer it, she wouldn't have answered another private letter. I really don't know how to make it any clearer - I did not have any reliable contact information that wouldn't be made redundant by a public note" But at least she admitted mistakes were made, which is what counted. After all, that's what this little stunt was all about: getting his Court to care.

"I have" The Flowering admits when the topic of discussion moves back to Rhodes "After I met up with Ingrid on my arrival, I figured it'd be a good idea to get to know all the Monarchs - so I sat down with Rhodes and Sasha. With Circe I've met a couple of times. So yes, I did my homework" However, he stops for a moment to consider the possibility of either Cole or Richard spilling their beans when Sera suggest it "Price learned of the incident from me. Cole... I don't see Cole relying that to Rhodes, because he'd have to admit he raised hell in your place. I think I can guess Rhodes' reaction to news such as this" He didn't know if the Dread Lord was vengeful. But he was a Fairest, which implied predisposition towards pettiness, and he clearly felt strongly about the Spring Queen, making him prone to act emotionally "Look, I'm not saying this is impossible, or that you went out of your way to denigrate me - but slip-ups happen. You could have influenced his opinion without even meaning to" Not that it mattered much at the moment, the damage was already done "But it gets us nowhere, doesn't it? I may be egotistical, but I know when I've been going in circles" Which happened to him a lot lately.

He shrugs "The first time I've heard of plans to reinstate a Freehold Oath was in Winter. Then we tried doing it in Summer. Some six months of Monarch deliberation with Rhodes as the resident expert on Pledges and it still didn't take hold. I don't know about you, but I'm done slamming my head against a wall. If I want to swear to someone, I don't need a dozen other people to weigh me down" With how impossibly delicate these agreements could be, the Freehold Oath was the magical equivalent of a house of cards - prone to errors and ultimately pointless.

The knight-errant appears genuinely surprised when Seraphina seemingly denies her cohabitation with the Autumn King "Well, that was the impression I had after the Spring party. Maybe I was wrong. I apologize if I offended" It was a minor thing after all, not really worth getting hung up on when there's so much more to discuss.

Was Seraphina saying he needs to listen to people more? But that's preposterous! As far as the knight-errant is concerned, he has been listening to people, and most of them have not failed to disappoint. Which is why there simply needed to be someone to slam his fist against the table. You know, shake things up once in a while.

"Freya was the first one to accuse me of a power grab, when I called our first meeting. And yet she was mature enough to admit she was convinced by my argument of the need for a new Monarch. Now everyone treats Queen Seraphina as the new normal" Which is as it should be "You were concerned by my method of calling and leading that meeting, but not ten minutes ago you agreed that we've been doing a shit job at communications. People were rolling their eyes when I said the Freehold Oath is not the way to go, and it turns out it really isn't. People called me out on not using diplomacy that day at Garden Grounds, but not a single person could be bothered to move past generalities" Captain hindisght is a cool friend to have when you want to convince yourself you could have done better than the other guy, but he's never there for you in the heat of the moment.

"The bottom line is that I have been consistently right, or at least my points had merit people failed to disprove. I'm not going to account for everyone saying their feelings got hurt when there's work to be done"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A slightly confused look on her face, “Why couldn’t you call her?” she would find it hard to believe he didn’t have the Darklings number. “But this issue is an old one. There is nothing to be gained from rehashing it.” And she thinks he’s just throwing excuses at this point anyways.

Obviously not very well. Shrugging, “I don’t know Cole very well, so I don’t know if he would share with Rhodes or not. That would be between them. But I’m saying the possibility is there. Well, Cole admitted it to me and we moved beyond it, I rescinded my ban on him in the shop and offered to help him if he needed it. He was very receptive and very apologetic about the whole thing. And Rhodes is a reasonable man, he’s not going to have an issue with everyone I have an issue with. Coles actions weren’t against me, and even if they were, that would be between Cole and I to sort out. I can fight my own battles.” And she didn’t go running to Rhodes every time someone upset her. That was never the case. “Slip ups do happen, but I’m not one to slander someone around the Freehold. It’s actually a bit offensive that you think that.” And more than a little offensive to think so little of Rhodes being able to think for himself.

“We don’t know why it didn’t take hold. And I don’t view it as slamming my head against a wall. I see it as something that strengthens the bond of a Freehold and if it takes time to work everything out, so be it. I won’t push it if no one else wants it. But I will always believe in the good it can bring.” She wouldn’t force a Freehold Oath. That was something that needed to have all the Freehold or nothing at all.

Chuckling, “While we are seeing each other,” that was obvious by now, “living together is taking a relationship to a whole new level. And I just had to move again, so too much stress to worry about having someone live with me.” Then a shake of her head, “You didn’t offend, I can see now why you would have thought that.”

That still sounded weird to her. Her name and Queen. “Yes, communication had been lacking. But up until that meeting, it had been working for us. Or it appeared to be working. Clearly, it wasn’t. And people weren’t afforded the chance to move past generalities. I admit that your way has a place when in a difficult situation, but I will always go the route of diplomacy first. As to the Oath, this Freehold has seen a lot and been through a lot. We fought a Dragon and won, and while the Oath has hit a road bump, that does not kill the chance to have it work.”

Oh wow. That ego. And she had to wonder if he had it to hide something, what weakness is he trying to steer attention away from?

“When it comes to getting things done, sometimes feelings have to get hurt. Especially when there is danger to take into consideration. If I have to hurt someones feelings to keep them safe, so be it.” That wasn’t the issue here. “So to you, because someone hasn’t disproved what you’ve said, then you’re right? Have you ever considered that the rest of us have other things to attend to and worry then simply proving someone wrong? So assuming you’ve always been right is a really arrogant way to look at it, and people don't respond well to that.” And arrogance isn’t very becoming.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"I didn't have her number" Wasn't it obvious? Regardless, he feels compelled to state it, if only to dispel Sera's confusion. It might be a sign of nascent paranoia, but the Spring Queen doesn't sound like she believes him. No matter. He knew what the truth was "I'd appreciate it if you told me you believe me or just called me a liar. You know. For clarity" Escalate. Leave no room for doubt. That's the only way to clear the atmosphere.

He sighs. Seems Abraham was not the only person that needed classes for listening to what people were actually saying "I just told you things could have been said without ill intent. Never once did I accuse you of undermining me on purpose" That she jumped to this conclusion surely was telling, the Flowering just wasn't sure of what exactly. He relaxes in his chair, leans back "Come on. If this is going to work we both need to stop spinning narratives and move past the bullshit. I'll start - whatever was said about me to Rhodes that he now dislikes me, if anything was said at all, I don't care. He seems reasonable enough, I'll just keep on doing my thing and he's sure to notice. Likewise, I acknowledge people might have felt uneasy by how I have done things. Even if I don't agree with their reasoning" He's willing to take a step back, but the knight-errant would need to see reciprocity if one wanted to coax him into further compromise. It'd be interesting to see if Sera'll show any interest in this deal and if yes: what she'll offer in exchange.

"You know, for someone trying to convince me I am being listened to, you are not really helping your case by saying people have better things to do than addressing my concerns" Abraham cannot really deny himself that one last piece of barb, but puts some effort into making it sound like an innocent joke "All that aside, you said you wanted to help me improve and fix our working relationship. How do you propose we do that?" He sounds genuinely interested.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sapphires watch him, not sure what to make of what he said. “That surprises me actually. But, I’m not beating a dead horse anymore here.” The issue needed to be dropped. This back and forth was getting exhausting. A sigh, “I don’t believe you because I knew Ingrid when she first arrived in the Freehold, and she was not one to withhold her number, especially after becoming Queen and Director. But I’m also not going to back and forth about this anymore. It’s not accomplishing anything.” Except giving her a headache.

“Yes, things can be said without ill intent. But I have nothing to gain from speaking ill, with intent or not, about you. I’ve stated my issues with you, to you. Stating them to someone else is counterproductive, nothing changes from it.” This was something else that seemed to be getting them nowhere. “If Rhodes dislikes someone, that is his business. And something you need to bring up with him, I don’t speak for him, and I wouldn’t want to. But why this obsession with Rhodes?” This was irritating. “Well, the good thing is you don’t have to agree with their reasoning. Just acknowledge it, everyone is entitled to feel what they want, even if we don’t like or agree with it.” Simple as that to her.

“People heard your concerns about the Freehold Oath. Acknowledged them, and tried to discuss them with you. Spring heard your concerns about how things were being done, and we admitted things were being run incorrectly and needed to change. What other concerns are there? But if you think someone is going to pause their day every time you think you are right, you’re wrong. I’m always willing to discuss things, but I will not go around and round in a circle about them. If the conversation isn’t being productive, it isn’t worth continuing. Do you think that because people disagree with you that they’re not listening? You cannot always be right, no matter how bad you want it, you can’t. I’m not always right, I make many mistakes as I figure things out.”
    It was called being an adult.

“I wanted to find out where you saw yourself in the Freehold, what you wanted to do for the Freehold, and how we can get you there. If you think Rhodes has an issue with you, then I want to help you form a better relationship. If you feel people aren’t listening to you, I want to work with you to figure out why. I don’t really know you, not as well as I know Sonnie. You’ve been more difficult to figure out. So if I can get to know you better, maybe we can use that to work better together. Be able to work off each other’s strengths and weaknesses.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

It'd take approximately eight seconds for him to get his sword from the counter, jump towards the table and pierce right through Seraphina's throat. The space between head and torso was a natural choice - her voice was intoxicating enough on its own, and there are ways to weaponize it with fae magic. For a moment, that course of action felt justified, even right - how dare she accuse him of lying without even having the courage to use the word!? He probably couldn't weasel his way out of murdering the Spring Queen, though, so satisfying the urge would mean time on the road again. And Abraham still had work to do here.

Besides, what kind of fucked up train of thought even is that?

"A liar, then. It's not like you were there, but fine" He says in a calm voice, perhaps even eerily so "Your insult is duly noted"

What she says next, about Rhodes and the Oath and all the other things tells him that first - she's not going to be moved and second - that she is barely listening. Verily, they are going in circles, so it's best to move on to other things before they get mired in this dispute deeper.

"What I want to do is build a motley of defensively-oriented people who I can trust and who trust me. Combine the strengths of all four Seasons, make use of various skills. We've already made plans with Circe and Reed, we'll be deciding on a suitable Autumn soon. With any luck we'll be ready before the year is out" It was a pet project of his, so Abraham got somewhat more talkative about it "Don't take it personally, but I've been managing fine on my own with it. Likewise, if I ever feel like repairing my relations with Rhodes then I don't see how an intermediary can help. Again, nothing personal" Not to mention his pride would suffer some damage if he let others fight his battles for him, even indirectly "I can tell you why people don't listen to perspectives other than their own - safety bubbles. The world is a terrifying place, it's just easier to deal with when you pretend it's the other guy who is mad. I'm not completely innocent of that attitude, either. But I like to think acceptance is the road to freedom" It can be liberating, in ways only another Spring will ever truly understand.

"I'm actually very simple to figure out" He says with a small smile, and there's something sad in this expression "I patrol the fringes of a Freehold, when there's danger I track it down and either scare it away or kill it, with as few lives lost in the process as possible. When I feel people are doing stupid things that are dangerous to them, I call them out. When things are calm, I try to entertain with a song or a story. Rinse, repeat. That's me. Abraham Norton, knight-errant" Not a complicated man. Complication invites madness.

"I have weaknesses, like everybody else. But if you're going to hear about them, and if I'm going to hear about yours, I believe a Pledge of discretion is in order"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A single nod, “You’re right, I wasn’t there. And if my assessment is wrong, I’ll apologize.” And that was that. She had no issues admitting when she was wrong and attempting to repair it.

“That’s something that sounds very promising. And having someone from each Season is very wise, I wish you luck with it.”
    And she was being honest. “The Freehold needs more people like that, ones who are concerned with safety and defense. Very noble.” But it made her miss her Motley. With Ingrid now gone, it meant she was the last one. “No offensive taken at all. I just wanted to make the offer so you knew it was there.” Something tells her he was used to handling things on his own like she was. “That’s an interesting take on it, and I can see why you say that. The world is terrifying, especially for us. In ways some will never understand. And yes, I think you’re right, acceptance is the road to freedom. At least freedom of some kind.” She was still learning that, acceptance.

“Have you found much danger around the Freehold?” she asks with interest. “And this might be a good time to mention this.” She begins, “But should you find yourself injured and in need of healing, please call me. While I have yet to heal one of us, I have been quite successful on humans.” Kinda practice in a way. Smiling, “I do enjoy your stories! And if you ever feel the urge, my coffee shop does an open mic night for charity, and I bet you’d be a huge hit!” he had the looks and charm, the girls would love him!

“I’m not opposed to a Pledge."
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

A
    Abraham Norton

"I have no idea how I can prove the non-existence of something, like Ingrid's number in my cellphone, but whatever" The Flowering sounds slightly bemused "I think we've hit a wall, and there are still important things to talk about" Indeed, the Fairest would prefer to move on.

"The one-of-each-Season is a gimmick I first tried in my previous motley, before Sacramento. The Thousand Blades, I believe I told you about them" He doesn't remember where they sat that day, but it may have been the same table "Works terrible if you can't be bothered to peek out of your Courtly shell, works great in all other instances. I have a lot of faith in this one. It's been some time since I've been called 'noble', though" Which might be surprising, given his public image, but it was true nonetheless.

"Thankfully, not really. We've heard reports of mysterious lights in the Hedge while we were trying to make contact with Samuel's employers, but the they seem to have disappeared. Other than that it's pretty quiet as far as the Hedge goes. The Hedgebeasts and Hobs are down to manageable levels, and I've not seen any sign of the Gentry or their servants' passing. I don't think it needs saying" But he'll say it anyway "that I don't expect the quiet to last" He makes an 'oh' sound at the revelation that Seraphina is now into healing, apparently "I hope I'll never need to check how good you are" He teases with a smile and a laugh, perhaps the first exhibit of genuinely positive emotion since they've began talking.

The mention of charity nights piques his interest, and his smile widens "It does?" He asks, but then answers his own question"Of course it does, its owner is a Joyeux-turned-Monarch. But you're right, I haven't done anything like that in forever. Thank you for the offer, I'll be there next time" Without even realizing it at first, the Flowering relaxes, and it's apparent from his features and voice. In the coming days, he'll ponder if the Siren's friendliness was calculated manipulation or genuine caring, but for the moment he's content to let it flow, especially since the more serious business of Pledgecrafting comes up.

"So be it" He answers, and what he says next sounds much more official, underlined with the knight-errant's focus and the stirring of Wyrd, looking at a forming bond "On our shared link to the Court of Desire let our tongues hold from breaking the secrecy of what we choose to share today until the season turns, unless the other gives us permission. If we uphold this promise, may we be blessed with understanding of one's mind and soul. If we don't - may misfortune claim our fates" And with that, he falls silent, anxious to see if the Pledge will take hold.

Type: Corporal, Courtly Emblem
    Task: Forbiddance, Lesser (-1, will not reveal the contents of this discussion to others without permission)
    Boons: Adroitness (+1, Empathy Skill)
    Sanction: Curse, Medial (-2)
    Duration: Season (+2)

"I'll be happy to continue once that is done"

OOC

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

There was simply a nod from the Treasured, agreeing they hit a wall and happy to just move on.

“I remember you mentioning them! How great that you are continuing the idea here in the Freehold.” It was a good idea. “I’ve always believed we can learn something from the other Courts if we give them the chance. I have faith in it as well.” Her words honest. Laughing, “Well, I’ve seen you be noble a few times, it’s a rare trait, but you possess it.” He might have a huge ego, but most of the time his heart was in the right place.

“Mysterious lights? Huh. I guess at least they disappeared, though it does make you wonder what they were. Something good or something bad.”
    She muses out loud. Nodding, “The quiet never seems to last long when it comes to the Hedge and what dwells within it. But it sounds like we’re in good hands though.” At least someone was keeping an eye on it. Chuckling, “I hope you never have to either. But, I’m here if needed.” While she wasn’t advertising what she could now do, it seemed important to let Abraham know about it. Since he was going into the Hedge and all.

Beaming, “Wonderful! I know the crowd is going to love you! All the proceeds go to a local woman’s shelter. It’s been pretty successful, but having someone skilled with stories and songs, well, I see it being more successful.” She loved Abrahams stories; they were always enjoyable.

The Nix listens, picking out works and phrases from the offered Pledge, “I’m agreeable to what you’ve offered, except using our Court. I would be much more comfortable with it being sworn on our Seeming and not Court.” She offers.

Sera is wanting a Seeming Emblem instead of a Courtly Emblem. Everything else sounds good to her
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.