Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

“They sound like an Archmagus,” Phoenyx says bluntly across the conversation, looking around. "I realise that is a conjecture but not implausible. An Imperial spell was triggered immediately after the last time we attacked the Seers directly, which could draw the attention of such individuals.” She shrugs. At far as she could tell, Campenella has been as forthcoming as he was going to be, they had an overview, and a target and objective. As an Arrow, she didn’t need much else. Sure, her curiousity was not wholly sated, but leave that to the motormouths of the Concillium. The duty of the Adamantine Arrow was coming into play.

October and Winter were being forthright and practical. Points for the Acanthus there - it was expected from the Sentinel.

As Living Stone approaches, Phoenyx draws herself up to all of her five-foot-three and smiles slightly at the bow - all Obrimos have an ego streak – but she is watching him intently with her dark eyes. “Welcome to Sacramento,” she says in a formal, but clearly practiced way. “I am First Talon Phoenyx. This is the head of our Concillium, Hierarch Campenella of the Mysterium, and also Sentinel Winter of the Guardians of the Veil.” She gestures to each of the magi in turn. “Everyone, this is Living Stone, a Talon of the Adamantine Arrow. They contacted me to request staying within the city, and I encouraged them to present themselves for recognition. Here we have Kaze, October, and Spark, the latter also being a new member.” The First Talon offers a small smile to the collective mages, gesturing to them in turn. “Cosmo and Shodan, as the former says. And I do not know the one in the corner, but I am sure she will introduce herself,” she says, spotting the unintroduced female magus before returning her attention to Living Stone. "If you need a place to stay, the Arrows have facilities available."

And then things erupt again. She could see the instant counterpoint to Cosmo – they had no Council, and a concillium of this size would have a council outnumber it’s regular members, and so a public forum was an easier way to discuss. Then again, the Hierarch had already made their decision, and they had their next course of action. Regardless, it no longer mattered; she had enough information, and a new objective. Notrmally she would let the boys duke it out – they would grow from the struggle, unless they continued going in circles and resorting to petty jibes. However, this was Concillium, and their bickering was no longer a civil discussion; it was becoming a pitiable insulting match, boiling over to everyone.

Phoenyx does not raise her voice over the melodrama, but continues in her same measured tone as before. “Shodan, no-one speaks for me. I thought you knew me better than that. She doesn't sound hurt, but a little confused again. The Obrimos turns to Cosmo. "Cosmo, questions are the source of knowledge, and in the face of this dangerous and powerful unknown, I would rather these questions were asked. Also there is no Council here. This Concillium is too small for that to be practical, and so the Hierarch, in his wisdom, offers to convene us all to discuss Awakened affairs." She keeps her tones level through the comments, pauses, then inclines her head to Campenella. I trust the Hierarech’s wisdom. You both seem satisfied with the answers for the present. This,” she gestures simply between him and Cosmo, “is now only hindering the matter at hand. Perhaps you should take this disagreement elsewhere." The edge was creeping back into her tone.

Her attention returns to Campenella. "Hierarch, with myself, Spark, October, Shodan and Cosmo all offering to investigate, we have many volunteers. Do you have any more information about what we are looking for?”

OOC - Not trying to suggest the newer people can't volunteer as well of course - Phoenyx is just trying to get back to the matter at hand.

Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes DeepSeas liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Mobius listened passively to the bickering between the two men. She raised her hand in a slight wave and mouthed a silent hello when Cosmo introduced himself. She couldn't help but smile just a little at the animosity between the two. Her eyes widen a bit when the one called Shodan thrusts her into the middle of it, though. "You're putting me on the spot here," she mutters "but I don't need anyone to speak or think for me." She raises her eyebrow and smirks, "And that includes you."

Her attention then moves to the First Talon when she opens an opportunity for introductions. Forthright and a little commanding, in a good way, as you'd expect from an Arrow. Mobius steps a bit closer and clears her throat. "Ah, yeah.. I'm Mobius. Neokoros of the Mysterium, I've just recently arrived in Sacramento, and I thought I should make an appearance. I hope that you'll allow me to stay awhile." her worlds trail off towards the end.

4. Likes Xander liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh for fucks sake! Does it never end?!

“I don’t believe there are ever pointless questions. We ask questions to better understand the matter at hand. If questions are not asked, then assumptions are made which can be dangerous.”
    Come on.

Sighing, she looks to Shodan,

“No one ever speaks on behalf of me. And if someone thinks they can tell an Acanthus what they should think? Well, let them have fun with that.” She didn’t know what she was thinking half the time. “All that being said, I think we’re beating a subject to death. One that can be handled with the Hierarch at a later date. Maybe if he agrees to it, a meeting can be setup later, and those concerned and who want to keep discussing the matter can attend. Get it all out then.” And drop it for now. “Because right now there is no solution coming to the surface, and people seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. And I don’t know about you, but I had a rough night at work and all this dick measuring is making my head hurt.”

6. Likes Xadun, DeepSeas liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark gave a look behind him when Shodan did his little round up. Nope motherfucker really did just push me into traffic like that. The newly arrived mage blinked and raised his hands. "No I ain't okay with people talking for me, I'm also not okay with getting dragged into whatever..." He motions vaguely with his hands. "This is, I'm all for the Free Council's ideals but this seems a lot more personal. So I'm staying out of it. The boss man made his choice, and like I said I want to help out where I can."

"Yeah what...Phoenyx was it?"
    Spark gestured towards the woman in question, "What she said, this other stuff is just getting in the way, also thanks for the offer. I got my own place already ain't much but it will do."

l
    living stone

living stone Bows to both Campenella And Winter "Hierach,Sentinel" then return his attention Phoenyx smiling a little
    "Thank you for the offer ma'am but no need i already made arrangements on a apartment on the city." then he hears what Phoenyx heard.
    As She starts talking to both of them he just listens quietly but does turn to the newly arrived mobius and waves silently as a greeting.when the first talon finished talking to both of them he sees her turn her attention to Campenella when she done speaking with him living stone speaks "Sir i also like to volunteer to the investigation"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella raised a hand and rubbed his temples. His eyes shifted from Cosmo to Shodan and back.

"End this. Please." His voice was low.

Air escaped his lungs as a sigh. He shifted his stance and turned his attention to the newcomers. He inclines his head to living stone tinykittycat1 , mustering as much dignity as he can given his harried and dishevelled state.

He does the same for Mobius , but his gaze lingers with interest and a sudden smile teases at the edge of his lips. "A fellow Mystagogue... Welcome. You may stay as long as you please. In fact, I would welcome it."
    Phoenyx drew his attention to the task at hand once more.

"Not much more, I am afraid. I was told only a general location and that there was something of interest there. Something that the Seers have. Something that is a weapon or a tool and that if we... neutralise it... we will defang them for some time. If so, I would go prepared and leave no stone unturned."

Moving suddenly, he handed the paper with the address to the Arrow.

"Very good Phoenyx. Go. Take October, Spark, and Living Stone here with you. Take a look around. Take your time - this might be our only shot. And... Why not? Cosmo, Shodan, you may accompany the expedition as well. Learn to work together - I am sure your particular insights would be valuable."

Was the Hierarch smiling privately again?

@Xadun Orianna Xander Woland Mandalore5 tinykittycat1 now is your chance to commit to this little plot. I'll put up the scene in a week or so.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

I would like to help with this task as well.” Kaze says again, his earlier volunteering having been lost in the loud arguing.

Welcome to Sacramento, Spark, Living Stone, Mobius. I’m Kaze. It’s great to meet you.”
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

duplicate post
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Six people for a simple reconnaissance mission. Among them two strangers, plus Cosmo and Shodan. No chance it wasn't going to end in a clusterfuck, the guardian reckoned. It was a bad idea, but with good ideas in such short supply you did what you could.
    The Sentinel beckons at the assembled group, "Don't mess it up"

13. Likes West, DeepSeas liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Mobius does her best to take a mental note of the various names of those gathered - granted, that was definitely not her strong suit. She did file away that there was at least one other Acanthus present, they might be able to find some common ground there. She also smiles a little and gives a quick wave to both living stone and Kaze in turn.

Next, she turns to Campanella. What was the proper protocol to address him? He was Hierarch of the Consilium but also Dadouchos of her order. She opted for the former. "Thank you, Hierarch." she scratches her cheek awkwardly, "I'm glad you'll allow it.. I may have already moved my things in." A little sigh of relief. She pauses for a moment, but then continues, "Please let me know if I can be of assistance to the order moving forward." She says quietly, as if just between the two of them.

"I'm glad to meet you all. I can provide my contact info if anyone wants it. Collaboration breeds excellence, I've heard."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 27

You do not have permission to view the list of names.