(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had to chuckle and shrug her shoulders, “Thank you for noticing how enchanting I am, but ignorant?” a shake of her head, “Afraid you’re wrong on that one. Assuming someone’s ignorant is a dangerous path to walk.” Wait, a wereshark? “You guys had weresharks?” a laugh and shake of her head, “I’d have an issue with it as well. This place is not one hundred percent safe from anything. And that’s a problem I’d rather not try and cover up.” Nope, she’d stay out of that one.

Wow, did this guy and Shodan have history or something? He seemed to be the focus.

But thankfully, a new face appears. A rather intense one at that.

She offers a wave, “Nope, just your typical family get together!” her tone bright and cheerful with a side of humor. “I’m October by the way, welcome!”

And then Shodan starts in again. And she wants to tell him to stop wasting his breath, he was never going to get through to the guy. Neither one was going to give an inch in this disagreement.

Holding a hand up in front of herself, “Maybe we can agree to disagree until our Hierarch can give his opinion on the matter. It’s painfully obvious you two can keep doing this for hours. But me?” pointing to herself, “I don’t have that time. Being on call and on that. So agree to disagree and talking about something else? This isn’t exactly getting us anywhere.” Which seemed obvious.

Phoenyx then jumps in, with some good points. But she was already done with it.

So the new guy was Spark. Cool.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

While the mages talk and the rumble of disagreement sounds in the echoing nave, Campanella had quietly taken the lead as they sought a quiet side chamber in which to converse.

"Cosmo does make valid points," Campanella huffed as he found a convenient space. "For the moment, however, I am willing to let Shodan add some further security. We can review it later. Of late events have spiralled well beyond our control and even a little technological protection may prove beneficial. The occultation has held - even when pushed to its limit with Sleeper interference. For now I place my faith in the Circle's arcane prowess and hope for the best."

How much of his recent experiences had shaken him? The Moros was unwilling to broach that subject, even with himself.

"Bsides, I have suspicions that the Seers may no longer be the problem they once were."

A pulse formed on his jaw for a moment or two, then vanished as he raked a hand through his hair.

Pausing briefly, he let his words sink in.

"Spark is it? Another one of the Mighty? You will find a number of us here share your path. Welcome."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes Ruach, Xander liked this post

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Dude, you blew your composure asking what the fuck and fell silent as the grave after I pointed out how you were shaming her. Don't lie." Eyes rolled. "And no, my definition of moderate pressure is speaking truth to the ignorant."

Cosmo raised his right hand, his four fingers brought down to his thumb to mimic the yipping of the Libertine.

"Perhaps they don't think such a small community warrants attention? Or maybe the clock hasn't functioned unless someone can tell me something happened since I left last winter? Or maybe we could pontificate on any number of baseless assumptions about our enemy's motives as you are. The fact of the matter is installing a system is not subversion, it is the exact same type of tool governments use to spy on their citizenry on a daily basis and you are an idiot if you trust it."

"I don't need to buy into your paranoid delusions to have an opinion."
    His attention was now focused on Phoenyx."And I'd be far more impressed with your philosophical chops if the quote you had chosen doesn't precisely illustrate the end game of the Seers of the Throne. Acceptance of the world as it is is a heresy we should be fighting against everyday unless you just want to accept that all magic has to offer is misdirection and stagecraft."

As Phoenyx goes on the Obrimos's head tilts back, his mouth agape and his eyes rolling before he returns to normal posture.

"The fact that you think you need to watch the circle every inch every second is kind of a concession either to obsessiveness or a more controlling nature that is wholly unnecessary either way. No one is watching by scrying, because that's what wards do. But yes, I would love to meet with you and this sentinel who might thug me for having an opinion or whatever that insinuation was meant to mean."

He glanced over to Campanella.

"Care to tag along since we both apparently missed something?"

S
    Shodan

"Man, if you believe anything I did that day was due to you then I have some painful news" The be one's own center of attention was not a sin. To claim you were the center of everyone else's... that's just naive "And if you even think the Seers were not giving us attention then that's just more evidence you don't know what you're talkig about. These" He makes a wide gesture indicating the visible parts of the alarm system "are machines. They are designed to do a job. I've already told you what that job is, I'm not interested in pulling wax from your ears" That was that, really. It was slowly becoming apparent they were both talking over rather than to one another.

Where Cosmo didn't shy away from blunt signs of boredom or contempt, Shodan was doing his best to keep the gestures to a minimum, and his voice calm. The other Obrimos may be interested in throwing his toys out of the pram, but Shodan likes his toys where they are, thank you very much.

And then the Hierarch spoke, doing a real Judgement of Solomon thing. Splitting the baby in half, if you will.

"Suspicion? What's it based on?" Truth be told, he almost forgot about the Hierarch's existence up until now.

"Oh, and if there's going to be a meeting about security, it should be an open one" He says with conviction. He liked Phoenyx, no doubt, he even trusted her to a degree, but Shodan sure as shit isn't going to compromise his ideals for a person he likes "Time and place should be posted. If it concerns all of us, all of us have a say" Simple, really. The reactions of all involved will be very telling indeed.

"Sorry, new guy" He turns to Spark , giving him his phone "Gimme your number. We can do that meet'n'greet later"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Despite the Hierarch making his opinion clear, the argument continues.

"Baseless? Cosmo, members of this Concillium have been attacked by Seers and federal agents alike. This Concillium is hosted on a site of great magical power both would love to take control of. If you think this is a way of us spying on each other, rather than the method of spotting infiltrators it is, we are at an impasse. And again, the Hierarch has made their decision clear."
    Phoenyx inclines her head respectfully to Campenella, then watches as Cosmo rolls like a melodramamtic child; she shakes her head, amused. “Why are you doing that strange thing with your face? I am trying to have a civil discussion with you. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. However, rolling your eyes at me like a teenager or repeatedly claiming that I am mentally compromised for acting in response to an observed danger will not convince anyone of your position. I believe we are better than that. Show me that you are.”

She reaches into her pocket for a pencil and scribbles a cellphone number, offering it to the Ladder. “If you wish to talk further, or you find you have ended up in a situation where you have need of the Adamantine Arrow, you can call me. For the latter my duty to this Concillium surpasses any simple disagreements on practical methodology.” Phoenyx’s comment is much like the others, delivered in a way indistinguishable from a simple statement. It didn’t sound much like a passive-aggressive parting shot – because to her, it wasn’t. She would listen to any ideas Cosmo had to keep the Circle safe. A part of her hoped he encountered a Seer or a Federal Magic-hunter. At least then their “paranoia” could be understood, rather than a knee-jerk reaction to a random attack.

And then Shodan leaps in. Phoenyx represses a sigh. So much for trying to move on. Why were boys around here determined to grab the wrong end of the stick and demand to beat people with it? "Shodan, I wasn't arranging to discuss security in a private forum. I had hoped to continue the discussion with Cosmo on why our actions have merit, but draw a line under this for now when the Hierarch clearly has more pressing concerns to announce. Do you think that topic still concerns everyone? Or can we finally move past this for the present, given a decision is made, the equipment installed and opinions unswayed?" An edge is just starting to creep into her voice.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Sentinel exits from the Guardian's quarter and sluggishly - with both hands in his pockets and a lit cigarette lazily stuck between his lips - makes his way toward the newly spurn web of cables and copper wiring. He nods to the Hierarch, in an idle gesture of greeting, then he takes a few moments to analyze the pattern, his head bobbing up and down in appreciation.
    He makes a point to ignore the conversation, then he breaks the silence, letting out a puff of smoke. "Good job".

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark stays largely silent during the back and forth, eye's ping ponging from speaker to speaker.

Kinda amazed this place wasn't on fire when I walked in.

He responded first to the 'Heirarch' Campanella. "Yeah hope you got room for one more, hee. I was hoping there'd be more Moros about though. I want to start studying the Death Arcana evidently my path has a rough time with that one. Throwing firebolts and redirecting power grids, sure no problem. Want to talk to one little ghost and suddenly it's advanced calculus."

Spark took the offered phone, giving it a once over. "Sure no problem, if you were looking to upgrade I know some places that give good prices," Spark filled in his contact data and made sure to send himself a text. 'This is spark to spark, here's the dude's number.' He handed the phone back over. "Seems I came at a bad time, or a good one depending on your perspective."

That line about federal agents caught his attention. "Well that sounds...horrible."

Starting to rethink my relocation plans.

The new voice and person caught Spark off guard, making him jump slightly when the smoking man spoke up.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Enchantress decides to remain quiet. Her words didn't seem to matter when spoken on the matter of the security. So whatever. If they wanted her input, they could ask.

A nod was offered to Winter when he appeared. Playing the strong silent type again. But at least it fit him and he did it well.

Sipping her water, she watches.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's eyes flick towards Spark .

"Perhaps I can assist you with your studies? I am an Alchemist who walks the Stygian Path of Doom. I must admit that Death is not my area of personal expertise but I do have a Disciple's knowledge of that Arcanum."

The Obrimos' interest set off a certain animation on the Hierarch's face, an animation soon squelched as the argument continued.

"If I am needed. I would say the Circle is secure, even with the added security Shodan has put up. The Circle of Creation is more than just a building, more than just a simple site. This is the place where an Imperial Mystery has touched - and continues to touch - the Fallen World. I very much doubt ordinary Sleepers will find us. But I don't think a little extra wiring will weaken or interfere with the wards."

Campanella looked up and returned Winter 's silent greeting.

"Plus, in part due to the effects of that Imperial Mystery, I do not think the Seers will be in a position to trouble us for some time to come. At least not like they used to. According to some information I received, they have been chastened. Naturally, assistance like that does not come without cost."

Now the pulse came back to his jaw with a vengeance.

"I would suggest that it is is wise to leave West Sacramento to its own devices for the time being," he said carefully.

"And... There is a... task... if there are any of you interested."

OOC NOTE: I have added a post to the OOC Mage thread about my thoughts regarding the Circle and security, etc.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was Shodan still talking? Go figure. Cosmo couldn't claim the high road, but he could at least claim the higher road and lay this issue to rest. The Heirarch had spoken and they were safe for reasons completely unrelated to the aberration that defaced the Circle. He supposed it did have a purpose though, a perpetual reminder that fire hazard wiring and gratuitous metallurgy was the true insight of the Council of Free Assemblies. Take that Narks.

"I'll give you a call once I'm settled in."
    he said looking to the First Talon. "Can I get your number later?"

And then Winter emerged from his hiding hole, or rather the mage Cosmo assumed to be Winter. He wasn't at the Concilium Cosmo arrived in and they never did names during the imbued item affair.

"Sentinel Winter I presume?" A clearly annoyed Obrimos tried his best to smile. The image of Winter dropping spells like a one handed juggler certainly helped the younger mage's attempt. "I'm Cosmo. I don't think we traded names after the pawn shop."

He'd shake Winter's hand but... well... Awakened.

As Campanella provided a much less dire and melodramatic version of events Cosmo seemed to find himself much less frustrated with the group.

"So we've been safe?" The Apostate's smile finally turns sincere. "Wonderful. Count me in for tasks. I'll get bored with nothing to do."

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 27

You do not have permission to view the list of names.