Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"It is good to be ... seen," Campanella nodded vaguely in the direction of Kaze .

"I have no idea..." The Hierarch responded quietly to Cosmo ; his eyes were adjusted to the relative dimness of the interior and they roved, following the snaking wires and conduits. He paused. "This was Winter's idea? Well I shall defer to a Guardian's opinion given the circumstances, but I would have preferred to rely on the Circle's natural occultation. Cosmo here does have a point. No doubt you have considered this already, Shodan ?"

He inclined his head toward Cosmo once more. "Earlier this year some hunters, possibly backed by elements in the government came to town. There had been - or has been - a reasonable fear that they may have gotten too close for comfort in their investigations. I take it those who remain have been laying low?" He added for the group's benefit.

While he spoke he managed to acknowledge Phoenyx .

"October. I see." He added, acknowledging the newcomer. October Orianna

"Perhaps we should adjourn to a side chapel as Phoenix suggests. It would be less awkward."

Campanella gave a wan smile. "Everything is not okay, Shodan. I will relate my news in a moment." He could not resist the urge to check behind him, to peer over his shoulder as if he expected someone to be following.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Dude" His tone is flat when eyeing Cosmo. They had more than enough human-shaped contempt in Winter, this Consilium sure as shit didn't need more.

"What she said" Shodan nods to Phoenyx "And I have a newsflash for you: the world is not just mages and professional thieves. In fact, most people aren't either. What we did was to make sure not every dumb Sleeper can waltz in here while we figure out how to reestablish the illusions, in case they fail. Because they're still the primary line of defense. But at least they are not the only one now"

He wants to laugh in this douchebag's face when he tries to school him on either Forces or hackers. But amazingly, the Prime Mover contains himself. As they stare at one another, Shodan ignores Kaze's appearance completely.

"No, the system does not include any human element, and it doesn't connect to any precinct. I planned to link it with my own place, though" He scoffs at the Obrimos, who the hell did he think he was? "I have an idea for you, though. You name a place. I buy you a Greyhound ticket to that place. You don't want to live in a train-wreck now, do you?"

The Libertine notices Campanella looking behind his shoulder and shrugs "Uh-kay. We can go there" Indeed, if the others are in agreement, Shodan is more than happy to move to the side of the cathedral.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx watches Cosmo levelly. "What you call paranioa the few Awakened that remained here called prudence. There are ways to overcome magical armour but the wise will cast it without fail to improve their defenses. Does the fact that uncommom weapons exist to bypass those shields them make that defense worthless against all opponents?" The voice is kept calm and even. "This is not about creating a perfect defence, but creating more obsticles for an unknown opponent to face. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Kaze's arrival is met with a smile, as the Arrow slips on her gun holster and her leather longcoat.

She turns to the Hierarch. "We have avoided any incident for several weeks to be sure. But with respect, Hierarch, if we trust solely to Arcane sources we risk blinding ourselves to more mundane methods, and as you say, we know there are mundane elements in the city that know of us." She gestures towards the chamber, sliding a knife back into it's sheath on her hip. "Please."

The Obrimos allows the mages to move ahead of her, and takes up her usual position at the side of the chamber. "Hierarch. If I might ask, were have you been these last weeks? We believed you were in study, but there was no word."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Wow, aren’t you just a ball of sunshine and rainbows.” Who was this guy anyways? Yeah, she was new and all, but she didn’t walk in copping an attitude. “Do you always walk into the Circle and nitpick everyone and everything that’s been done? Cause that’s just rude.” Not a good way to make friends.

Smiling with a wave, “Hey Kaze.” Was it just her, or did he always seem happy?

“I know I’m new and all, but I’m pretty sure it was discussed. Everyone voiced their concerns, and each was addressed and it was agreed on.”
    If anyone else wanted a say, they should have been here. “I agree with Phoenyx, we cannot trust Arcane defenses completely.”

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Eager)
    Striking Looks
    (Willful)
    Cosmo

Nimbus

A halo of white fire burns around his head.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So that's a no to the Heirarch's question then." Cosmo began to move with the group to the side of the entrance. "No thought was given to how our enemies could use this system to compromise the original."

"Thank you Shodan."
    The contempt for the place was now leveled on the individual. "I will be staying at my apartment, but I want to thank you for your insight. I doubted my interest in your order when a member of an order allegedly pledged to progressive thought and forward momentum body shamed a shapeshifter. Now that I see even the claims of rigorous debate can fall flat under even the slightest pressure I can say with peace of mind the supernal meritocracy of the diamond is the true path to enlightenment. If you ever feel that strong opinions that don't fit your own warrant a leave of absence, feel free to use that ticket yourself."

Cosmo's gaze turns briefly to Phoenyx when she spoke, and almost immediately move to October once she has finished.

"And you're an enchanting face with a side of ignorance."
    His shoulders rolled up into a lazy shrug. "But to answer your question, no I don't. The only reason I did last time was Galatea expressed discomfort with the form the Lie forced her into before shapeshifting into a wereshark and Shodan called her a freak show for it. Now a major shift away from free enlightened thought back into the flawed systems the Seers use on a daily basis to monitor and divide their sheep has spurred in me the need to speak again. As long as ignorance and close mindedness undermine the thoughts of the Awakened I will continue to speak as I see fit, as is my prerogative."

Finally, his attention returned to Phoenyx, though as his attention turned the show of contempt seemed to dim.

"Of course you do though, the paranoid always think it is."
    The Obrimos sighed. "There is an inherent flaw in your logic when you say focusing on the supernal blinds us to the Lie. The two are not mutually exclusive. Everything in reality, as fickle as the word might be, can be altered, utilized, or sabotaged by magic. It's the single unfuckable force in this prison of a world. So when you say it makes you vulnerable to some stacks of Matter with a small jolt of Forces? That's bullshit."

"In time we will all be Masters, but in the meanwhile there are other Masters out there. The occultation on this cathedral does not extend to the Awakened, as illustrated by new mages ability to find the place. That means that the Seers can see it too. So yes Shodan, thank you again for the brilliant insight that we are not all awakened, but the Awakened are the ones who can see us. If I can figure out how to compromise this thing with spells off the top of my head, what do you think the Seers will do with it if they find it? It's an extension of their police state, an opportunity for them to spy on us under the guise of our own security. That you failed to see that, or view this recognition as nit picking, is only further evidence of what a mistake it is."

The Obrimos seemed a little less tense speaking to the Arrow, but that might also be the fact the she was the only one making level headed debate and not name calling and asking him to leave.

"Points for professionalism by the way." he gives the Arrow two thumbs up and a forced but no less sincere smile. "Very good to know there's someone around who's courtesy doesn't crumble in the face of moderate criticism."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze moves along with the others, listening without comment. He grins back at Phoenyx, and smiles to October, nodding in a friendly acknowledging way.

He remembers now what it was like when they had a larger number in their Consilium.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Outside the Consilium a newcomer stepped up. He was wearing a blue suit jacket with matching pants and black shoes, the jacket was open on a white dress shirt no tie all decently made and new looking as if he'd just worn them today for the first time. The man took a moment to steady himself before he entered, at first he didn't see anyone until he heard the group moving and talking...some a little louder than others. Spark followed the sound till he could see them, making himself plainly visible the man made himself visible.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything? I was told to come here and introduce myself to the local Libertines."

Equipment: Decent Clothing, Smartphone (magical tool), Colt M1911A1

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Body shamed? Wow" He scoffs at Cosmo "You managed to misquote me and miss the point completely, all in one breath. Congratulations, I guess?" Another option is that he was messing with Shodan on purpose, or tried to turn the others against him. And that moved him from 'annoying' towards 'dangerous' "And if your definition of rigorous debate is to call people you don't know in a city you know nothing about 'ignorant' and 'paranoid', then that's the kind of rhetorical masturbation I don't enjoy watching, but you know what? I'll bite" Shodan is not one to turn away a challenge, even if the guy's sorry excuse for 'debate' was not worth it.

"Here's the thing: this city has had a Seer problem for longer than you or me were here. At times, there was only a single cabal worth of mages here, and as you can see the situation has not improved much since then. If they can see us, if they can spy on plans we've made here, why haven't they attacked the Circle already? Why don't they stay three moves ahead of us? Don't you think that if the Circle has an Artifact that protects it from being erased from time and space, the illusions can see the difference between Pentacle and Seer?" That's the only sensible explanation Shodan can think of. The Seers here weren't dumb, if they had a massive advantage like that, they would've used it already.

"Besides, you said yourself tools can be subverted. That's what we're doing here. Or are you going to tell me you haven't used a cellphone since you Awakened? These things can spy on you every second of their battery life. And yet, for some reason, we find them useful" The Libertine smiles at Cosmo. As far as he was concerned, the willful man's 'argument' relied on style over substance, dropping words he barely understood in a tone that said 'I'm better than you'. Contemptible.

"In short, I don't have a problem with you because you disagree with me. I have a problem with you because you're not as smart as you think you are"

In all this commotion, entertaining though it may be, he almost missed a new arrival. A sharply dressed one.

"That'd be me. The local Libertines, that is - in the number of one. And you are?" He looks curiously at the man.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"How many times have you acted defense of this Concillium, Cosmo?" The question is asked without accusation, just a simple request. "Or, indeed, any Concillium? What do you know of this Concillium's concerns? I agree with your statement that the Supernal and the Lie are connected - but I do not agree that assuming everything can be solved with magic undoes merit of acting withing the constrains of the Lie. To paraphrase Hume's rebuttal on Kant's knowledge of what can or cannot be true, if I do not accept the world exists, even as a lie, we cannot function practically within it."

A hint of a smile is appearing, one Shodan knows well. Phoenyx felt like she was hitting her stride. "None of the mages here possessed the Arcarnum to know and see all in the Circle at once, unless one of our colleagues is far more skilled than they reveal. At present, my understanding is there is only one magus that is staying at the Circle, focused on it's protection. An enemy that spends all their time trying to break through the arcane defenses of the Concillium, only to be seen and recorded by mundane means is not "bullshit", but a valid tool for overcoming our collective arcane shortcomings." The Arrow's words are rational, and calm. "There is a risk it can be abused by our Awakened adversaries, but that is true of literally everywhere. If they chose to scry on us, there would be nothing stopping them from doing so at this very moment, by your theory, and so we lose nothing, while forcing the enemy to overcome a mundane obstacle. As you have pointed out, not a great one for the correct arcarnum, but that is dependent on their skills - a factor we do not know."

A new figure appears in the corner of her vision. A new Arrival. Scanning him, her eyes pick out the colt, and she mentally runs through the way to bend the bullets should this be a trap. Suitably prepares, she glances at the disgruntled Ladder. "You have made objections very clear, Cosmo. I would be glad to discuss the scenario further with you within my role as head of Sacramento's Adamantine Arrow. For now, the Hierach's decision is made. If you do wish you continue your objections, I am sure Sentinel Winter will remember you." The ghost of a smile touches her lips.

Another Libertine. Phoenyx found them strangely curious; although Shodan was her only real example, she found them excellent for testing the Adamant way as a philosophy, which so far had emerged soundly. Better to let Shodan take the lead, and be ready for action.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just you huh? Well that make the meet and greet go faster at least," Spark chuckled and gave a bow. "You can call me, Spark." The man let his nimbus unveil just long enough for his eyes to to spark with electricity. ​"I walk the path of the mighty, seen the watcher tower of the golden key and walked where the angels have. That said I woke up in an alley and I'm pretty sure the locals thought I was out of my mind," Spark gave a smirk, reveling his pearly whites underneath.

"So yeah wanted to say hi, didn't know I was walking into an argument though," Spark was somewhat regretting his choice to not shield himself before coming here. He thought it would make him look open and friendly, now he felt open and in danger. Live and learn...if you do that first part.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 27

You do not have permission to view the list of names.