Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Supernal House of Pancakes.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Rosh

PRE

Spade enters Dagwoods and glances about. There. He leads the way to an empty booth near the back, dodging waitresses as he goes. He slides in on the bench and opens a menu.

W
    War

Dodger appears to be more adept at 'sidestepping' out of the hustle and bustle that is the restaraunt. She also seems to use Spade as a shield and manages to hide her small frame. As they reach the booth, she picks the otherside and slides in with her skateboard close.

M
    MonsieurChoc

Malkhut's appearance (and smell) draws a few stares, but he doesn't pay them any attention. He left his placard in Spade's car, feeling it would be out of place here. He quietly sits down at the same table as the others. He looks at Spade before asking in a whisper: "So, can we talk here, or should I use the same trick as Will?"

Rosh

PRE

"We can talk, Just watch what you say. The Lie taints our Truth. Veiling our reality to their ears. You could tell a waitress here about how we work and what we do till your tongue falls out. She'd likely nod and call the people with the funny coats." Spade nods to the Waiter who had just appeared. "Gives us a sec sir, if you don't mind."

Spade watches him leave before continuing. "The Lie keeps them from hearing what they really hear. It clouds their thinking." Spade frowns thinking about that. "So what do you guys want to eat?" The restaurant was is a sandwich shopp. Like Dennys crossed with Subway. It was a favorite among the city's Awakened for some reason. Spade wondered if the BLT was really just that good.

W
    War

Spade's suggestion brought a smile to her face; the irony.

"I'll have the poorboy!"

She stiffled a slight giggle trying not to let it out.

M
    MonsieurChoc

"I'll have, well, anything really. Beggars can't be choosers." Malkhut lowered his voice, talking at a volume just slightly below normal, "You talked earlier about Théarchs creating problems around here. I have to say that it kind of worries me. Can you tell me more about it?"

Rosh

PRE

"A year ago, this city's Consilium vanished. I came here to help sort that out with most everyone else around here. About six months ago that issue was solved. But there seem to be new problems. Some Workers hit nasty trouble. One was an Archer. Of course the New Consilium wanted to show a sense solidarity. There was a funeral. That Funeral was attacked." Spade grimaces recalling the day he heard that bit of news. "The standing Strategos of the Council, A Councilor of the City; was killed in the attack along with others. That was four or five months ago. Little has happened ti solve who attacked much less bring them to justice."

Spade sighs shaking his head, then scratches at his tattooed arm. "This City's Heirarch is of the Ladder. The city is ruled by the Orders. Since the Ladders hold power they can hold parties and parade their power." Spade looks Malkhut in the eyes. "But the Council is dead. The Arrow lacks support, the Mysterium and Guardians have grown reclusive. The Problem isn't BECOUSE of the Ladder. It just starts there."

Spade looks on Dodger and chuckles, his frown becoming a grin. "And the Apostates seem to be the best way out. I was like Dodger here not but a week ago, doing my own thing for my reasons. But if we don't ask questions and take charge the Elite at the top will forget their place as servents, and then there is nothing anyone can do to turn the Concilium around." Spade pauses to let Malkhut respond. I wouldn't be fair to layout that much and not let the man rebut.

W
    War

As Spade spoke of what had gone down over the last six months, she seemed to smirk. It was a smirk of confirmation, a smirk of justification. When Spade spoke of the 'best' way out was to be an apostate the smirk took on the form of a grin. Boy, either he was trying to get on her good side, or was he just saying what Dodger had realized many, many years ago. She kept quiet and let the two talk.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

Will comes in a little after the rest of the group does. He sits down on the aisle section of the booth, where he can watch the door and as much of the place as possible. "Sorry about that back there, an old mentor called about business."

He weaves again, cloaking the spell from Sight. The sound coming to the booth is normal, but the sound going out stops and about where a waitress would stand.

Influence Sound, 5 suxx

He doesn't mention the spell, or tell anyone that they can speak up. If the rest of the patrons noticed that the mismatched group was chatting normally but no one could overhear them, then the spell could unravel on him. It probably wouldn't, but it could. An ounce of prevention was worth a pound of cure, after all.

He listens to Spade speak, and he can't help but speak up after he finished. "That's a little more involved of an explanation than the one I received before coming out here. But I have a question Spade, why do you see the Consilium's leadership as servants?"
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Sybil's Sight (Improvised)

no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Rosh

PRE

Spade frowns perplexed. "A leader serves his followers through his responsibilities. I might not be able to vote them in and out. I can accept that, but I will not be represented by plushed idiots. No one should. Corruption begins when the leader feels like they are owed something more then what their position offers." Malkhut might offer something here. Spade hoped he hadn't ruffled the Ladder to much.

"The Consilium more then anything must be careful. We are powerful, And with great power comes great responcibility. Corruption and neglect amond us carries a grave weight. I doubt the Heirarch is corrupt and neglectful. But I have to ask why she hasn't called a City wide meeting to organize everyone against the threat we face. A Mage Killer. Hell, he could be sitting in this shop with us now." Spade realizes what he said goes quiet. He was right, the killer very well could be in Dagwoods with them.

In fact he might have ate here in the past as he was planning his murder spree. Following other Mages around as they did their thing. Even Spade himself.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread