Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Well. At the time the crown wasn't a priority. Locating Queen Ingrid was and still is of utmost concern". She replied courtly.
    Abe's reflections weren't without merit. She wouldn't breach the confidential - although informal - agreement she had shared with Fawkes. Alas, she couldn't ignore that the safety of her Court came first. And then, after a few minutes of deliberation, as the rest of her court moved to more frivolous matters, she spoke.
    "Wait a second. Let's go back a few steps", renovating the manor Tavern was an undertaking she'd be all too happy to partake in, but another thought, one far more sinister, captivated her attention. Suddenly images of an early morning of jogging came to mind. The wheels were finally turning and one by one the pieces of the puzzles fell into place. The insistence of the Summer's Monarch on policing the rest of the Freehold, his improper outreach to the Spring Courtiers and his inquiries about the Vernal Monarch. The fidgety Summer Corporal spending his time stalking the killing fields Capitol Park so early in the morning (she still had his jacket). The attempted murder of Sir Cole. Everything made sense now. He really was STALKING her, no doubt about that. The man was unstable
    She covered her mouth almost by instinct, managing to choke a sob and hold back the tears. "It can't be", she says with a whisper. "Didn't Queen Ingrid disappear around the time the Summer Court made its advances?".
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

2. Likes , Abyssalstar liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

"I tried to spend time with him. Get to know him better, make him feel like he isn't alone - hell, I was thinking of building a motley with him, just to give his lethal talents some use, direct them outside rather than inside. And I failed" It feels like he spits the word out. Abraham can't help but think of Talus, the man from Fawkes fireside story. Wondering how similar they look now "I already told you" The Flowering addresses the monkey-girl "Fawkes was a Dragonslayer. They root out internal threats to the Freehold, by any means necessary. Cole had several violent incidents, Fawkes probably thought it's easier to kill him rather than wait until he kills someone else. Guess some habits never die" Especially the bad ones.

"I honestly don't know if we can prevent it in the future. You know my stance on the Freehold Oath, and simple Pledges don't quite cover what we need them to. Perhaps the most we can do is to advise people they shouldn't meet with new arrivals in uncontrolled conditions, and if for some reason they need to - a Good Neighbors's Pact is in order"

"I wouldn't say no to a solid moat" The Fairest admits "And as for name... I was thinking The Last Homely House. Since that's exactly what it is, last stop between Sacramento and the dangers of the Hedge"

He watches Titania, clearly fighting back tears, with some concern. Barbs and venom though they've exchanged, they still share a mystical bond and that has to mean something. Slowly, avoiding the notice of others, the night-errant slips the Telluric a tissue, if she feels like crying for their Queen, apparently deceased in her mind.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-04 10:05:46 Abraham Norton rolls 4 to Empathy (Titania) (10 Again) 1, 7, 9, 1 1 success

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-04 10:06:37 Shodan rolls 5 to Discreet tissue (Dex + Larceny) (10 Again) 4, 2, 8, 1, 2 1 success

Let none say Abraham can't be chivalrous.

"The timing is concerning, yes. But if you hint at there beiong some larger plot by the new Summers to attack Spring, I have my doubts. For one, we'd need to assume Ingrid's letter is fake"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Wait... Titania, are you suggesting that Fawkes murdered Ingrid? Why? Just... why?" The Beast was currently flopped across the central table like it was a sofa, only her eyes rolling over to study the Telluric questioningly. "I don't see what they could possibly gain from that. Ingrid was so hands off, if Price wanted to eliminate rival monarchs, why not go after Rhodes or Sasha? They're far more active and involved." She shrugged her shoulders slightly, "Besides, if it was some plot to take over the freehold, why abandon it so suddenly?"

Her eyes shifted, briefly, to Abraham, "Well, excuse me for having never heard of a Dragonslayer before. I thought you were just being melodramatic." She sighed, and looked up at the ceiling, "Why is Summer so violent?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sapphires watch Titania, the sudden appearance of emotion.

“Whoa, wait a second here. I think it’s a stretch to say that Summer had something to do with Ingrid’s departure. We have no proof of that, and I don’t want to assume another Court had something to do with it without some proof. What makes you think that? Do you know something the rest of us don’t?” she gets up and walks over, gently placing an arm around her.

“You can’t fail if someone else isn’t willing. I reached out to him as well, and he seemed to have walls up to keep people out. But you didn’t fail.” Though she knows if that was how he felt, she couldn’t change it. “It just feels, wrong.” She says, “I talked with Cole, one on one in his Hollow, and he was making great strides to improve himself. Wanting to make amends for those he wronged. That doesn’t strike me as someone who was a threat.” Then a sigh, “But, maybe there were things that happened in private between them, between Summer. Things they won’t tell us.” Each Season had its secrets.

An absent nod, “That’s a great point. And one I think we all need to do. If there is someone new, please, please, don’t meet with them in private. As a Freehold, we’ve let security slide, and this news of Cole and Fawkes, well, let it serve as a warning. We must be vigilant and careful.” A nod to Abraham.

“The last Homely House?” she thinks the name over, glancing around the Tavern, “That has a nice ring to it. Or even Tavern in the Green.” Shrugging, “But I like yours.”

Watching Abraham be sweet to Titania, “And why Spring?” they hadn’t drawn any attention to themselves.

Nodding, “Sonnie makes some excellent points. And the one time I spoke with Price, he was nothing but kind. Though I suppose it could have all been an act. And if they had wanted to start a takeover, Fawkes had the perfect chance to get rid of me without no one know. Not that I was as important as Ingrid, but it would make sense to weaken a Court by taking them out one by one.” And that though actually terrified her.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She repays Abe's kind gesture with a polite smile.
    She wasn't one to level accusations lightly, but as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle once said: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth".
    "We owe ourselves and the Freehold to weigh every option. No matter how far-fetched", she says as she slides on one of the chairs.
    "Let's consider the facts. Shall we?", she demands, "earlier this year, a stranger took the Summer Crown. Seemingly without bloodshed on behalf of the strength of his Mantle. One of the new King's first edicts was to infringe upon the Spring's Court jurisdiction, by sanctioning the Freehold-wide banishment of Sir Cole. I assume the latter challenged the King's authority. In any case, don't you find the King was overstepping his authority? Queen Ingrid was the director", she interrupts her musings long enough for her audience to catch up, then she continues, "as you might have been informed, that edict came with an implicit threat. Afterwards, the King contacted our Court, inquiring about Queen Ingrid's behavior", she waves an index in the air, it was her Eureka moment, you could tell from the erratic dance of her wisps, "I know of Sir Fawkes' behavioral issues, but to think he'd be that violent, first attempting to murder Sir Cole and then hurting you" she gasps audibly, "I guess my preliminary assessment of him was truthful", she looks to the side.
    "Why the Spring Court? Elementary, we were at the time the most numerous and remarkable Season", she could spin her web of logic, no matter how faulty the premises, "I think we should be careful. Our next step should be to assess the authenticity of the letter. If none of us can, then we should look for someone trustworthy to conduct the assessment"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

A
    Abraham Norton

The knight-errant takes a moment to listen to everyone's concerns. With the Tavern taking a backseat again in favor of the mess Summer had caused. When everyone is done speaking, Abraham chimes in, answering everyone at once.

"Price wasn't kind. He was polite, but also manipulative, and fiercely protective of his sovereign authority over Summer" The memory of their meeting at the steak house comes to mind "In fact, the thought Price might be demanding more influence for the Iron Spear if he smelled we lack a Monarch was one of the reasons I called our first meeting so suddenly. But in his defense, was there even any Director he could turn to? Nevermind the fact Ingrid was hard to reach, but ever since I came here I haven't seen the Director or Notary act in their capacities. The position of Groundskeeper was unoccupied, and no one made any effort to change that!" The Flowering shakes his head "In other words, that layer of hierarchy was dead in practice" And now is even less likely to be revived.

"And I don't think Price was behind the attempted murder of Cole. We've met privately, Price and I, and he asked me to mentor the man" Apparent disbelief in tone. Things happened so quickly since then "Obviously, that never came to be, but is that something you request when you plan a killing?" He doubted it. Things just didn't add up to make a picture of a Court-wide plot. And yet...

"But to put all our minds at ease, we can investigate the letter's authenticity. Perhaps the magic of the Wizened would be useful? Or, if no fitting Clause is known, the only person with an eye for the inanimate is Circe" Who was a Summer herself, but disliked Price enough to give them a straighforward answer "Even if graphology might be a little out of her usual scope of interest"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Steepscrambler

"Doesn't 'homely' mean ugly?" she mused out loud, "Something with 'green' it does sound good for a Spring Hollow, though. Oh! What if we combined the two? How does 'The Green House' sound?" Sonnie giggled, "Get it? Greenhouse? Like where you grow flowers? It's a double meaning!"

Back on the more dour subject, the Beast nodded, "Someone once said, 'Polite is what you say, kind is what you do.' I forget who said that. Me, maybe?" She shrugged.

The mention that the Director and Notary were both highly inactive, and that the Groundskeeper has long been an empty office, had Sonnie nodding again, "So I guess we're back on the classic freehold bullshit, right? Current season's monarch is in charge. You could say we've been back to that for a while now."

Suddenly, the monkey did a backwards somersault and rolled up into a sitting position, looking at Titania and Abraham, "I dunno how to verify Ingrid's letter. Do we have any calligraphy experts?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Nodding, “I agree. Especially if it helps put anyones fear or worry at ease.” It wasn’t condescending, she would just do whatever it took to help ease Titanias mind.

She sits back down and listens as her fellow Spring talks. “Well, do we know if Circe wanted to crown? For all we know she could have just gave it to him, not wanting the responsibility.” It could happen, she didn’t know Circes mind when it came to being Monarch. “Ingrid was, but she never seemed to step in when it came to another Courts politics. If Price thought Cole was a large enough threat to not only Summers well-being, but the Freeholds as well, maybe she felt she didn’t need to. Hard to know where she stood on it.” A shrug. “And maybe he asked about her behavior because of how Cole acted. Maybe he feared there was something going on, food or water tainted or something.” If they were going to make stretches here, she could as well.

There was a sigh, “What happened between Fawkes and I was an accident. And if he intended to really harm me, he wouldn’t have called Price nor brought me to the hospital. But this isn’t about me.” Wanting to change the subject.

“Yes, we should be more careful going forward. How do you think we could authenticate the letter? I have no writing samples of hers, and the letter did come after I tried calling her. But I’m open to getting it checked.” Sure, it wouldn’t hurt. And if Titania was right, then they would have the proof.

“I believe Sasha was acting as Notary, and I know a few Lost who met with her when they arrived. As to Groundskeeper, I don’t believe anyone stepped forward to take it on. Though it sounds like it’s something we could use.”

Mentor Cole? Huh.

Chuckling, “The Green House?” a nod, “Nice little play on words there Sonnie. And no reason we couldn’t grow flowers.” Hedge flowers were a thing.

Shrugging, “I’m no expert with it, I can write in it, but not an expert. There has to be some Contract or something we could get from a Market. Well, if no one in the Freehold can help of course.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Gentle bump
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

He nods to Sonnie's proposal for a name, it even brings a smile to his face. The Flowering had to give it to her, the idea was clever "I think that's a very good name. And flowers would be a nice touch, although I may be a little biased" He chuckles.

"But I wouldn't call a system of government that has existed everywhere for as long as anyone can remember 'bullshit'. It may not be perfect, and we can certainly add to it if we feel the need, but it's the expected standard for a reason" Even if people can be conservative despite evidence. But the Seasonal Monarchy works, on a very real level.

When the topic circles back to the Summer for a moment "We did not touch on it directly, but if her voiced opinions on Price are anything to go by, she did not approve of his style. I doubt she just gave up the Crown" Abraham pauses for a few moments, thinking on how did the tranfer of power go for the Crimson "I also doubt it matters now" All the contenders were gone anyway, the Smurfette was back to being Monarch whether she liked it or not.

And then it is to that fateful letter again... "Like I said, I have one letter Ingrid wrote to me when I arrived. Goblin Contracts are a possibility, but they are not a safe bet and they always come with a nasty price" Which they probably already know, but the fact always bears repeating "Giving it to Circe is much safer, at the very least she'll give us a straignt answer, which is far from a given when dealing with Hobs"

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread