Ended
Watch

The Call of the Blood

THREADID

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap wasn't sure how long he had been looking in the mirror. Minutes? Hours?

His skin now had the same pallor he had chastised others for having. It wasn't the first time. Nights long past had seen Madcap reach the same lows via a chorus of screams and barbed wire scraping across asphalt.

The Bruja doesn't hear the first ring. Or the second. Nonetheless, pale eyes eventually find purchase on his phone and he answers.

"Yeah?" he says.

"We're outside."

Traveling outside of the manor the dwindling Dragons called home, leaving only a note, Madcap came upon them. Six men and women. Scarred, tattooed, and leather aplenty. Four were on bikes, two in their own trucks. Bruja.

Leon was the leader of this group. A childe of one of 'Cap's brothers and old enough to see the Bruja way needed a different vision.

"Where's your baby?" he asked.

Cap shrugged, giving a smirk.

"Twisted as fuck somewhere outside Sonoma," he offered, "She went out good. Fucker who did it to her ain't around anymore."

Leon just gave a nod, "Guess you're riding with me then. Hop in."

The first leg of the journey was silent. That was the effect of the Beast. Madcap's own was calling him to destroy the weaker one beside him, but the Bruja decided to ignore it.

"Listen," Leon finally said, "I appreciate you agreeing to do this, you know? I know you've been away from the family for awhile. So... thanks."

A glance searched Leon's features. It was genuine, if hushed. It was hard for Leon to thank anyone, but then again the same could be said of anyone in the line.

"Don't mention it," Madcap responds, "If you and the guys are willing to learn, it only benefits the Path. It'd kinda go against the Great Work to deny you."

Leon chuckled, "Who the fuck are you and what did you do with Madcap?" he jokes, "I ain't ever here you get philosophical."

"A lot's changed since we last rolled together, man," Madcap offers, "The Chrysalis has a way of doing that."

"The what?"

"You'll see."

"Well either way, it's good to have you rolling with us," Leon says, "Though I guess you're more like a shepherd now, yeah?"

"Huh?"

"You know... You're leading the way, man," Leon explains, "We wouldn't have had a clue what to do if you didn't pick up."

"Shepherd... I like that," Madcap says.

"Yeah I bet you do, you egotistical fuck!" Leon jokes. He laughs, obviously becoming more at ease.

"Just drive, dumbass," Madcap replies, a smirk betraying his mirth as Sacramento blips over the horizon.

Madcap Shepherd was gone. Back to chasing Change.

Madcap is retired.

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Closing

Closed Thread