Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Fugitive) Team Alcoholics Anonymous

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Shodan

See, that's why he has a problem with organized religion. Or rehabs. Or old people. They always assume they know you better than you know yourself. Shodan's eyes narrow and darken slightly at Burns.

"How would you even know? You don't know me and I don't know you, kemosabe" He says "What's your success rate, anyway? Everyone coming in finds this better way of yours?" He clearly sounds skeptical, but that's a calculated move to get him talking. Besides, the man's probably heard this tone so many times he's unlikely to take offense.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze shrugs at the man, "Me? I'm just checking it out, you know? For a friend." he says, looking around.
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-16 21:44:07 Kaze rolls 6 to perception (Wits 3 +Composure 3) (10 Again) 9, 5, 2, 7, 4, 10, 4 2 successes

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

M
    Matrixchild

Charles offered them a laugh as he continued to look between them, starring at them intently. "So one's open about his need for help, one's in denial, and one's skeptical. I guess I have my work cut out for me," he said with a smile.

Looking to Shodan he said, "you wouldn't know it, but I was a lot like you in my early days. Skeptical. Aggressive. But I've seen the need for change. The need for help on making things better for myself and others. That's what we do here, we try and make ourselves the best possible version of ourselves. The success rate depends on the person of course, and what they're here for. But for those looking for real truth, they do agree this is the better way from what they were doing before."

"But hey, don't just take my word for it, you can ask me anything you want. I'm totally open, or hell, ask other members and they'll tell you the same thing." He looked around and gestured towards the groups around him, almost like he was saying he had nothing to hide.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles. "Well. For starters, what makes you guys any "Better Way" than AA? Is your 'higher power' better than theirs or what?" he asks.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Langdon shifts uncomfortably. In his mind he had not intended to be that open but it just kind of rolled out. The Moros shifts as he looks at Shodan and Kaze with curiosity. Could they need people to talk too?

"How hard is it, to become your best self? To understand what you've done and move forward?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Holy fuck, there he is doing it again.

"Yo Mr.Burns, if you could stop treating us like we are some kind of project that'd be super appreciated"
    He says to the old man.

"You wanna know why I'm here? I heard about this place from the grapevine - friend of a friend told me there's a Mr.Burns - that's you - and a nephew of his that run this place. That nephew, he around?"

Recognizing green greases a lot of wheels, he is quick to add:

"Now, I like what I'm seeing. If we can be all friendly-like, maybe I end up leaving a donation to keep this place going?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-25 04:51:12 Shodan rolls 10 to Fast-Talk (Manip + Pers + Resources 2) (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 2, 10, 8, 4, 9, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 3 successes

M
    Matrixchild

Looking to Kaze Charles chuckled. "Well I'd like to think our higher power is more real, but I'm not that arrogant. Really we're just a group of people doing the best we can to take each day a day at a time."

Charles thought over Langdon's question for a moment then said, "Well for me it took years to finally realize what I was put on this earth to do, but some people realize their purpose and become their best selves much sooner. But like I said, it's all a day at a time."

Then the rebellious one spoke. Charles liked the spark within him. "Everyone's a project. Always a work in progress." Then he mentioned nephew and he froze, a look of confusion on his face. "Nephew, what do you..." he didn't have to think long to connect the dots. His eyes shifted between the three of them, then to the money in his hand. A laugh escaped his lips. "My nephew's not around." He turned and looked at one of the groups, the one to Charles' left, then looked back. "But I'm willing to talk to the three of you about him after the meeting. Can you wait till then?"

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles. "I really did come to check it out for a friend. I don't actually drink. Or anything." he says. "So, really does your higher power have a name? I'm interested. AA doesn't name theirs, or specify, anything at all really. From what I've heard."

S
    Shodan

Shodan looks at Burns with disbelief for a moment, before shifting back to relaxed skepticism "Yeah, sure, whatever you say" You Mengele creep...

The Libertine suppresses a laugh and a grin as the man's boat seems to be rocked pretty hard by what he said. He has to actually bite the inner side of his cheek to stay impassive. Looks like Kaze and Langdon's intel was solid, and there indeed was family drama between them.

"I'm in no hurry. We can stay for the meeting, then have a chat"

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Is subtly a thing among the Libertines? Or is that part of what makes them what they are. Like resolve with Arrows and paranoia with Guardians. Though Shodan does have a point, in a round about way. Langdon nods solemnly to what the older man has to say. Personally he doubts that he was born simply to kill that women in the apartment building. That would seem all so..small. The Oracles don't work small.

"I'll wait as well, I'm interested in all of this." A small hand motion towards the room as a whole.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.