Ended
Watch

(Gates) Market Muckery

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Most Goblin Market vendors are like Jonathan Swift's Laputans - they cannot function properly unless constantly struck with a bag of stones. Wouldn't that be an entertaining concept...

"I meant how long have you managed this stall here" Abraham retorts, his voice all nice and soft "And if you've seen any types that'd stand out... more than usual, that is"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

As Abraham and Sera engage the Fox-kin, Rhodes continues looking around for and hints or clues.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-06 14:00:48 Rhodes rolls 7 to Ongoing investigation - Wits+Invest (10 Again) 2, 8, 4, 4, 3, 6, 6 1 success

For the ongoing roll that's 2 total so far. I'll likely keep looking.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

S
    Selena

The Steepscrambler laughed and tapped his clavicle and shook his head with a faux secret keeping look. "My lady, it isn't wise for a tradesman to reveal his secrets. Then everyone would have what I have, and then it would be chaos and competition. Besides, I'm charming aren't I?" He leaned forward a bit and batted his long lashes.

"Well, I have two Hera Pear and a Wyrmthumb. A few Buglewort too." He made a few thinking faces, but didn't mention any others. There were some he wasn't certain of, and had to ask the expert about them first.

He put one hand under his elbow, and his other to his chin. "Well let's see. I think I've been here as long as the gates were all closed, reopened and then closed and reopened again. So roughly, four years, give or take." Swatting his hand back and forth and then resting it under his chin again to continue to think.

"There was a strange looking fellow here earlier. Can't remember if it was yesterday or this morning." He tilted his head, "Why do you ask sir?"

The only thing that Rhodes may be able to pick out is a scarf that looked like it could be from Magdalina's shop.

A
    Abraham Norton

Not that he had anything tangible to pay for them, but a good source of Goblin Fruit was always desired. Abraham motions for the vendor to show all of his produce, and then spends a moment to ascertain what exactly is he looking at - and if it is any good.

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-10 13:20:03 Abraham Norton rolls 5 to Identify the Fruits (10 Again) 5, 7, 10, 9, 2, 2 2 successes

The 'Scrambler's question is not unexpected, and the knight-errant has already formed a response.

"He's a friend I haven't seen in some time. Lost a glove, you see, on a walk through the Thorns, and I know the pair is a family heirloom. He can be... absent-minded, so it's important I find him as soon as possible"

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-10 13:16:33 Abraham Norton rolls 9 to Bullshit (Manip + Subterfuge + DV) (9 Again, WillPower) 9, 1, 7, 5, 8, 8, 2, 4, 4, 1 3 successes

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

A secretive smile was offered, “Oh, I wouldn’t dream of asking for your secrets! As a lady I understand the importance of them all too well.” She replies with a smirk. “You are quite charming!” says the Nix with a musical giggle behind her hand.

“Are there any other trades you fancy? As a woman, I tend to focus on the shiny types of things myself. But knowing what a fine merchant such as yourself was after, I could keep an eye out and acquire it, especially for Hedge Fruit.”
    Always something to keep around. Or know someone who had them.

“Fours years is a long time. You must have seen some interesting things in those years.”
    Especially in the Hedge.

She then nods as Abraham spoke, “A good pair of gloves is such a hassle to find.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes wanders around slowly, looking at the scarf, gently lifting it and looking at the pattern. It certainly looked like the patterns from the store before, and didn't quite match the others here.... but it wasn't a lot to go on. He looks up at the fox's face, seeing if he reacts.

The Dread Lord slips up to the to the stall, Mantle winds gently weaving between them. He eyes the fruits, hoping to recognise something.

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-13 13:49:36 Rhodes rolls 6 to Know Hedge fruits- int+Occ+1 (Autumn mantle) (10 Again) 6, 2, 5, 8, 6, 3 1 success
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

S
    Selena

The Foxen man cocked a brow at Abraham. It wasn't unheard of to the salesman for someone to come looking for stolen items. Particularly a pair that should be together. "That fellow only had one glove on. Did he steal your family's treasured handskins? That is a shame!"

One of the fruits that wasn't listed by the Fox was Serpent Gourd, and there was probably a good reason he didn't say it out loud. It was a prized fruit to many and not something that one lightly traded for. Abraham recognized it, a little easier than Rhodes may have. There were still other unnamed fruits in a large chest with the lid open.

"Well if you're from the surface, there is something I need." He cleared his throat and puffed his chest. "Some of these hot items that people trade me for are available above. Those self fascinators have done wonders for my business. I've heard of other items up there that I think would trade well. The problem is, I never get anyone trading me pieces of silver or scribed parchments to send my runner for matters above. Do any of you have those things?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-19 13:22:05 Foxy rolls 7 to Comp+Sub (10 Again) 3, 9, 2, 4, 1, 4, 5 1 success

A
    Abraham Norton

"Something like that" He nods at the Fox. The merchant has slightly misunderstood, but as long as he does what's expected of him... "Might be a shame, but I like to solve my own problems rather than despair over them. I'm enterpreneurial like that" He winks and smiles at the Steepscrambler "So, can you tell me anything more about him? Come on, help a fellow Hedge-diver out"

Sell me this guy, brother, and you will get your pieces of silver.

All thirty of them.

"We might have what you seek, and if you help us find the... handskins, we can work out some kind of trade. Way I see it, we can help you keep your business unique by giving away some currency to buy self-fascinators with, and you part with some of those fine Fruits. After all, anyone here can have them, but does anyone deal in the stuff from target? I think not!

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes
      The Plunge!

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

He saw someone with just one glove?! Was it the one they were seeking?! Sapphires look to Rhodes and Abraham.

Oh, seemed he was willing to deal.

“I didn’t bring any scribed parchments with me today, but I do have some pieces of silver, and some gold.” She searches in her bag for the remaining items she had. Holding each in her hand to show him. But not offering to trade them just yet. “These types of items are something I enjoy obtaining, so should we come to an acceptable deal, I would be more than happy to bring more to trade more with you.”

And then Abe was wheeling and dealing! With a smile, she slips her wears back into her bag.

Looking to the merchant, curious as to if he would work with them. Or not. And if not, then that was going to suck. But she was prepared to back Abe if he needed it, though it didn't sound like he did. He did have a way with words.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord spends some time just looking through the wares on the fox's stall as the others talk. The mention of silver pieces makes him raises his head.

"I have some silver, or a notebook, if you'd be able answer my friend's questions. Tracking them down really is quite important to him."

Rhodes reaches into his pocket pulls out a notebook and his wallet. The offer was sincere, but the Autumn King seemed a little distracted.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-22 18:42:35 Rhodes rolls 6 to Charm the Salesman: Manip+Persuade (9 Again) 2, 5, 1, 5, 1, 8 1 success

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.