Ended
Watch

(1904) Keeper Formal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti heard the words from the Harpy in which she discussed her human experimentation in open Court, heard the gregarious Dragon's rebuke...

...holy fuck, had Rebecca Simmons fallen that far? The Prince talking about torture for a purpose, that was one thing. Low, but sometimes necessary, as the First was paramount. But this?

Lina Moretti turned to gaze at Simmons, a hand finding her hip.

"Harpy Simmons," the Sheriff said, staring at her like she had a second head. "Torture for information in defense of the Masquerade is sometimes regrettably necessary. That's the hard part of our existence, one we should never revel in. But are we experimenting on ghouls now, just to see if their Vinculum breaks before they do? And talking about it in open court? Should we take it from your remarks that inhuman experimentation upon unwilling prisoners is now the newest fashion in Sacramento?"

She looked to the Prince, concern writ on her face.

"Your Majesty, surely this isn't what your Court or Covenant stands for. You do what's necessary, but I've never known you to support needless cruelty so openly flaunted."

Was this going to be Alessandra Antinori's Harpy?
    Orianna Matrixchild Steven Melissa Stray Ruach

V
    Vivian York

Vivian's Reaction will be found here.

K
    Krieg

Krieg's summary and reaction are here.

A
    Adam Exlibrist

Adam's reaction can be found here.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Seth couldn't help but smile slightly in his corner as the sheriff called someone out and things started to unfold as everyone reacted, even chuckling lightly during some of the louder responses. The Company never disappointed, it seemed. Everyone had heard her words; was it a challenge? Would the Harpy let it slide? And how would their esteemed Prince handle things?

This might be fun after all. Or at the very least, it might provide Seth an example for why he should aspire to adhere so closely to the system, as some had expressed concern over; surely what would happen next could only inspire sound reasons as to why he should indebt himself to get back in good graces with their skull-collecting Boss. The individuals she kept close (in this case, the apparently torture-giddy Harpy) provided a perfect example of the charming Chairmen/Supervisors/Managers he could expect to associate more with if he continued to strive towards being a devoted and productive member of this company!...

...Ok, that was a bit too sarcastic, even for Seth's internal monologue. Luckily, it'd spent some time while everyone else said their pieces.
    Anything else?

A
    Atticus James

Atticus' Response

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thomas and Clara continue here.

T
    Thomas Boyle

Just before he heads off with Verne, Thomas takes a moment to address Garrett Prosper and his concerns.

"Priscus Simmons seems to believe there's scientific and informative value to the practice. I do not share this assessment - in fact, I find it crude and barbaric. I must say, I didn't expect it revealed so openly"

Of course, Thomas'd be a hypocrite if he denounced cruelty alltgoether - sometimes a god (and let's not forget, all Kindred have the potential to be one) must be cruel. But this animal that stole Simmons' skin, reveling in barbaric yawps? That is not his Priscus. That is filth, and if she doesn't change her ways, something must be done about it.

And with that, Thomas joins Clara E. Verne

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Garrett crosses the room, joining this thread

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods to Derek Menzies, "Good to see you." he says. "Dirt Nap is what I like to go by."

He pauses a long moment, watching Derek Menzies and says, "Some look down on it, and like to call me by the name I do business under, 'Clayton Jordan Carter'." he offers.

At his question, Dirt Nap is quiet for another long moment and says, "Hard to say. I have some hope for some good to come, though. How about you, Mister Menzies? Are you seeing a clear trail to some goals of yours?"

nThen comes the statement and declaration from the Sheriff and Grand Wyrm, Lina Moretti.

"Excuse me, please, Mister Menzies. I need to pay close attention here." Dirt Nap says, focusing alertly on the larger events and reaction in the Court.

Page 5 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 41

You do not have permission to view the list of names.