Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1904) The Law

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    K
    Krieg

"I have no idea," he said in response to Lina's question.

His gestures were different held up his right hand, fingers tightly aligned together. His left index finger pressed upon his palm, moving up and down upon his skin as if writing.

L
    Lina Moretti

An amused smile crossed the youthful-looking Sheriff's face at the reply. There was absolutely nothing subtle about the giant Haunt's gestures, but the fact that the devout Deputy felt the night to play it even slightly low-key suggested that something was up.

What it was was unclear, but she didn't look at Arturo Garcia, the Ventrue Sanctified who had come so soon on the heels of Adam Exlibrist.

"Forthwith, please, Deputy Krieg."

She was sure she'd have it in her hands damn soon.

A
    Atticus James

"I can step out if ya'll need to talk privately. I don't work for that name plate, I work for the other one." Atticus says to the Regent/Deputy. If Krieg was holding out because Atticus was standing there, then Atticus would get the heck out of the way. He didn't want to be in the way of business.

K
    Krieg

"That's fine, Atticus. I'll handle it with the Sheriff," he smiled briefly.

Just like when glass breaks, everyone hears it. Certain words invariably catch one's attention. The Harpy Priscus - she would always be Becky in Krieg's vocabulary - Becky boasted of experimenting on Kine. As the Americans referred to their favorite pastime in metaphor, Garrett took that political football and ran with it. It culminated with Lina calling attention to it.

Vivian York very loudly, with her English accent, beat him to the question. He covered his face in annoyance. Though garbled, he groaned an exhausted echo, "What. The. Fuck?" he punctuated each word.

A
    Atticus James

"Took the words right out of my mouth big boy." Atticus said turning from his friend to the situation in the middle of the room.

So here's the thing. Atticus understands that sometime kine needed to be used for educational purposes, or pawns in the game of the requiem. But he didn't like the idea that they were being tortured for funzies. Even more so, he doesn't like that his judge of character had gotten this bad.

"Tell me the Circle doesn't support such behavior. Because the Dragon doesn't truck with such stupidity." The Riker to Lina's Picard said as he turns back to the Giant. Atticus lowers his voice, knowing full well that privacy doesn't exist, it's more of a stage whisper actaully, "I can't imagine the Invictus, and her Majesty, would support that kind of behavior." Atticus actually didn't care what the Invictus supported, but depending on which way they went, it would be more or less fun.

K
    Krieg

Slowly, Krieg shook his head from side to side. His voice was stern, not at Atticus, but stern about the 'topic." "My Acolytes do not. They know better. Neither do I."

Certain covens did torture mortals for whatever reasons. His Acolytes, would not put such information out there.

He continued watching the spectacle.

A
    Atticus James

"We may be immortal, but once we go all the way, we are nothing but beasts. I'd hate for that to happen to the Harpy." Would he though... would he really.

"It's good you run a tight ship Regent Krieg. Sounds like I may be needing a place to grab a snack from time to time. Want too hook a brother up?" Atticus was super not pleased about loosing the rite to feed in his own neighborhood. What good is a haven if we can't eat there. The delivery was really good too, damnit. What the hell was Moretti thinking. He'd have to have a chat with the Boss Lady.

K
    Krieg

Krieg nodded in agreement to Atticus. "How swiftly the winds change." Genuine surprise crossed his face. "Never would I have expected this."

He turned his gaze to Lina, then back to Atticus, "Yes. You and her are welcome to do so. I would be most grateful if and when the Sheriff recovers her territory that she reciprocate for myself, Priscus Wood and Thomas Boyle."

A
    Atticus James

"I think we both know that nobody speaks for the Sheriff, but I will do my best to make sure that the Crone and the Ordo maintain a healthy working relationship." Atticus offers his hand to Krieg. Atticus was confident that this deal would not get his nuts stretched, but to be honest, he really didn't care. Lina hosed him out of his current feeding grounds and he was bringing the Crone to the table. He wasn't about to try to get the whole of the Ordo feeding rites, that would be like bringing the whole family thanksgiving, when they were only planning for two.

K
    Krieg

Krieg nods in agreement. "I appreciate your effort for this." He sighed. There were words that needed to be said in private. "I believe it best is we part company at this point, Atticus. Best of luck to you."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.