Ended
Watch

Body Breaks

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    F
    Filomina

Observing the conversation Filomina didn't really follow she shrugged. They could have there talk. Either she will get the hang of this double speak or they will trust her and let her in on the news or tell her in a better situation. She wasn't good with social cues. Never the socialite more the book worm.

The Fairest mentioned Space Jam. That was a great movie. She was just small when she watched it but the name Michael Jordon was unforgettable. Retirement? The ogre did look tired and a little older but still seemed to have some fire in him.

“Good to know if isn't just you two.” she smiled. “it will be nice to meet everyone. I've been solo for sometime and it was very lonely. It would be a pleasure to meet people that will have my back and me theirs. As for skill I've been know to be a good listener as well as pretty good with computers. I enjoy a drink or more as well. Adult beverages are great. You'll have to show me where the best Cosmos are. Or better yet Margaritas”. Not the heavy drinker played off a joke. She was really rusty with social skills. Being on your own she didn't have to worry but here with Richard and Abraham she got the impression she was awkward. Her other worry was sharing to much. Learning from experience oversharing lead to trouble. If she didn't watch her words she may say to much and not see another shining sun.

A
    Abraham Norton

He smiles, running the treadmill, at Richard's promise of basketball challenge "That's the only way I'd have it. Don't go easy on my team, and I'll extend that same favor to you" Because really, if you hold back then you are missing the point.

A nod is offered when the Summer Ogre explains the planned expedition in more detail, but the topic is not continued. Based on what he's heard here and from Cole the Flowring knows he is interested, and the Iron Spear knows it too, so... we'll see how that goes.

"The other night at the bonfire... you mentioned helping troubled youths, back in LA. You... care to elaborate?" He leaves the question hanging, purposefully not making it clear what interests him especially. First, because he himself wouldn't know what the specific questions'd be, and second because he wants to see what Price himself considers most worth telling.

Abraham listens to Filomina detailing her skills and interests "A computer girl? Very well, we don't have many who are tech-savvy here" except maybe Circe "I trust you have taken care of your living arrangements? Income, housing, things like that?" Then again, maybe she hasn't. Being 'solo for some time' meant that she was travelling... or running from something "If not just say the word, there are a couple of places that can provide a cot and a warm meal while you set everything up. You'll come to realize we are pretty familial here" He shoots her a heart-thawing smile "On the other hand, family can be really troublesome. Especially siblings. Do you have any troublesome siblings, Fil?" Full names were well and good, but short versions (especially in this case) were nothing less than adorable. He wonders if the Darkling will correct him.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Outreach, and mentorship is mostly what I got involved with. We would help kids who didn’t have a safe place to go when school would end, or were lacking stable figures in their life. We could only do so much at the end of the day, but we changed some lives for the better. Give kids things like sports, books, and stuff like that and they take to them like fish to water.

We had a few recreation spaces and outdoor courts opened up. Had enough kids at one point to run some after school tournaments. If you ever want to see someones face light up, find a kid who has nothing and give them a jersey with their name on it. The pride you see in their face when get their hustle on is second to none. The only issue you will ever run into is not having enough minutes in a game to let everyone play.”

He gave a chuckle as he gently jogged, feeling the workout catch up with him he lowered the difficulty - the incline in particular. Talking with others wasn’t the best for a hard workout, but it was better for the heart and soul, so he could take it easy for a day.

”There are always people you can’t help, that is the hard lesson. There were some kids too far gone to either want to or were able to be helped. At the end of the day you can only help the ones who let you into their lives. We avoided a lot of things like fights, it was almost like when anger flared someone just came through and ate it all up.”

It wasn’t the proudest thing to do, but when the alternative was punches being thrown, sometimes it was just better to take that out of the equation.

”It was good work, Abe. You really feel like you make a difference, and you can keep some good kids out of bad places. Helps break the vicious circle. I think that is something we can relate too.”

He laughed as Filomina went on about her drink choice,

”While I am a sucker for variety, I think our shady young lady here could do with a trip to the Shady Lady at some point. I am a bit of a barfly, so I know a few places in the neighborhoods. Maybe we should gather a crowd and do an interclub bar crawl some night. I’m sure I could sweet talk us past any cover fees with my sweet personality, or Benjamin Franklin's charming good looks.”

That was the rule, drinking alone was sad, with others was happy. And it was only happier the bigger the group was.

F
    Filomina

“ Did you know the name Filomina has the meaning strength and friends in Greek. Something i wish i can live up to. In my past i’ve been called Mina. As for your question Abraham I appreciate the offer thankfully I’m all set. Moving seems to be other skill I’ve acquired throughout life. End of the day with family the can get you in trouble but together you pull through. I remember knowing friends with sibling who always fought but when it came to the important stuff they were there despite the past. I would like to hope i can have a family like that here in Sacramento. When i moved here I left the past behind so the only demons that vex me are the ones that i could wash way.”.Not wanting to be harsh but Fil was a bad nickname. She hoped he understood that her old life died back in Canada. No going back only forward. She could escape her past as it lived life in her place. Deep down she could wash away past and forget what she could never go back to the very reason she was ran away but the pain and trama that stay and would fester if she didn’y move past and grown. Spring was the season of Desire but also the season of Rebirth. As the snow and grim of Winter fade with the rain the sun can shine and start anew.

Noticing the Ogre decrease his pace. Filomina decreased her machine to a lighter jog. “ Anyone up for stretches or the machines? I think i got my cardio in don’t want to slack on the other pairs. That is quite an accomplishment for helping out the youth Richard. It is great for someone to have the back of the underprivileged. I can imagine you take the good features of a King. Something to be admired when and if the situations arises. I love to meet more friends of yours. Those poor bouncers wouldn’t know what to do with all the sweet talk whether it is good Richard or myself. Nothing wrong with a Benjamin and a smile”

A
    Abraham Norton

He listens thoughtfully to what Richard has to say, and the more he does, the more it sounds like it was his calling rather than just a job. "This thing... was that Before or After?" It may not be the most delicate of questions, but neither is Rich the most delicate of men "And... back in the day, you told us of a failure. But surely you must also have great points of pride, success stories if you will" He always found those very uplifting.

As for Filomina...

His eyebrow rises "No, I didn't know that... Mina" Abraham definitely got the hint "It's good to hear you've taken care of your present and your past. We can only hope you can forge your future here with us" He nods "Yes, I'm up for some change of excercise. And I'd love to see you and Rich sweet-talking a bouncer as a team" The two couldn't be more different, but maybe that's what would make them more efficient?

Or at least more entertaining.

"If you'd both humor me, though... if you could get one thing - not necessarily an item, but a thing - what'd it be?"

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

”Far more success than failure, or at least I like to think so. You could only help those directly in front of you. So I will never discount the good that has been done. And to answer your question, this was long after the fact. To try and not date myself too hard, all I will say is that I have never seen a President Bush without special eyes.”

He laughed a little as he did what he said he wouldn’t do, give away his age to at least some degree! It took away from his youthful vibrance.

”And if we mean machines I can sit on and pretend to work for a few minutes while I trick myself into thinking I am living healthier I could probably live the lie for a bit. And I think I would have no trouble getting past a bouncer, I happen to have a certain charm for bars. The question is if the charm is enough to get all of us in.”

Again a few moments he would listen, let others add, build the conversation. Abraham asked an interesting questions, something but not necessarily an item?

”Is a second chance on the table? That is something I would be more than happy to have so I could give it to some people I know who have really needed it. More than I ever could at least.”

There wasn’t much hesitation.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

Based on time, would everyone be good to just hit the showers so to speak and close up this thread?

A
    Abraham Norton

I'm so sorry to have forgotten about it! Yes, we can close it. Apologies again!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread