Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Fitness was important, wasn’t it? It helped stave off the beer belly but more importantly it helped keep the mind clear. Rich himself had never really appreciated the role that all the exercises down as a Toll Taker, or when he was serving on the front lines really helped him keep his wits about him. Now it was a way to clear the mind and burn some daylight hours, before it was socially acceptable to hit the bars for lunch.

The Summer aristocrat was hitting the treadmill at the California Family Fitness center in downtown Sacramento, taking some time on the treadmill to try and pretend he could win the gold medal. The six foot eight, long limbed ogre had a solid pace going, wearing a beige t-shirt that hung loose and a pair of navy blue track pants with a white stripe down either side. Of course there was one way to tell if this Richard Price, Ogre of the Summer Courtier - how were the shoes?

On point.

With one head occupied with a headphone, Rich was jogging down a simulated seaside road on the coast of France, all while watching old episodes of Law and Order on the TV’s that were built into the units. At this point they had just collard the perp, and it was going to come down to how well Jack McCoy could make the evidence stick without the murder weapon. If anyone could do it, Jack could.

Where he was nestled up to there was a window letting in the still morning sunlight, and there were plenty treadmills around him. Following this there was probably going to be a break for the lounging pool or hot tubs to rest those rattled bones.

F
    Filomina

California family fitness, the lady at the airport recommended it, the lady at the airport recommended it. Working out wasn’t her thing, but she thought she would give it a try.

She walked up to the treadmill. Her body tightened telling her to try something else. She pushed past her anxiety continuing her stride, she had nothing to run from, this is something she had to do. She wore black sweats and a t-shirt emblazoned with “Squats . . .I Thought you said Shots”, and some powder blue sneakers. She thought the shirt was a good ice breaker.

Walking close she notices a giant figure with some stunning shoes that looked really expensive. Filomina could only dream of kicks like those.As she walked up to the Gentleman. She felt the a warmth as she approached. The pressure she felt reminded her of a volcano program she saw on the Discovery channel.

“Excuse me sir. I don't mean to bother you but those are some nice shoes. I don't see much beyond the aisles of Payless so it is much to be appreciated when you see great kicks.”

She asked politely “is this machine taken?”.

A
    Abraham Norton

Working out is important. If you are a regular citizen, it might buy you some years before you get dropped by a cardiac arrest. If you are a cop or a sportsman, it will help you do your job well. If you are a self-professed knight that makes a point to visit the Hedge regularly? It might mean the difference between being alive and being dinner.

Therefore, Abraham elects to spend the morning at the treadmills. Wearing a green outfit of t-shirt plus pants (the Emerald Courtier gets zero points for subtlety), he enters California Family Fitness... but it's not the machines, but the people that catch his interest. One is unmistakably Rich - the hot wave strikes him even as the brickwork pattern on his deep gray skin becomes clear. The other... Abraham isn't quite sure what he sees, but this woman is undeniably Lost - in more ways than one.

"Richard! Good to see you!" He greets the Summer cordially, extending a hand in invitation "And you as well, fair lady. My name is Abraham - I'm not sure I we've met before"

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

The heavy footsteps hit the treadmill with a steady rhythm, paired with an even breath. While the speed, nor intensity was present, any well versed could see the practice that came with the routine even at its most amateur levels. Getting old was no fun. However, the focus was broken up when he heard someone trying to get his attention, and he pulled his earbuds out as the show neared the final verdict and were tossed into the tray on the equipment.

Glancing over he saw the slight woman and offered her a smile. The confusion would have been greater if not for her obvious disposition. He almost chuckled when she gave such a kind hearted compliment to his shoes, the use of kicks was cute.

”Well, thank you very much. I like to think there are few things that represent a man better than his choice in foot wear. You could almost say it is a glimpse into his sole.”

If there were groans from that joke, let there be groans, it was wall worth that gem there. Between heavy breaths he motioned to the machine beside him, before he was greeted again. This time it was a familiar face and raised a hand in greeting.

”Abraham, good to see you again!”

He reached out to accept the hand offered while he ran, while it was a shaky shake - due to maintaining his balance, it worked out.

”Another face you don’t recognize? I think we may have another new arrival.”

He said with a chuckle between breaths.

F
    Filomina

She was about to step on the treadmill when a warm presence hit her before she saw the fabulous Fairest in all green a comment to the court she thought.

Filomina extended her hand to the Fairest. “Please to meet you Abraham. My name is Filomina of Spring Court. I travel a bit from the bitter winds of Canada to land sunny Sacramento just a few days past.”

As Filomina stepped up to the treadmill she chuckled to the Ogres sole joke. These being the first Changlings she met so far Sacramento was treating her well. Turning to the Ogre she asked politely “Did I hear your name was Richard.. There seems to be an energy to you”. Turning back to the treadmill, she started a gradual pace leading to a jog. She tried to ignore any conversation Richard had with Abraham. Avoiding the ability to be nosy. It was not her business to converse when she wasn't involved that lead to trouble time and time again. She was starting fresh.

Hearing Richard chuckle again brought her back to present. “So”. Looking toward Richard and Abraham. “What is great about Sacramento besides your lovely gentleman”.

A
    Abraham Norton

Despite himself, Abraham frowns at the Emerald Darkling, but the stern expression quickly gives way to a more gentle one "Then let me be the first to welcome you... and warn you, as we are still in public" Filomina seemed eager to get to know people, which was good, but even Springs must retain some measure of secrecy.

He steps upon the treadmill, and starts to run with an increasing pace - enough for it to be a real excercise, but not so much as to hinder the lovely conversation "As for what's worth seeing... the club is pretty well-established, realty-wise. One of ours owns a coffee shop called 'Garden Grounds', we have another with a leatherworking workshop, and if you know where to look you can find yourself an honest-to-goodness Tavern in the city's wilder parts" He smiles "I hear Funderland is also worth checking out, even if you are an adult. All the colors mingle there, you see" Although initially burdensome, the double-speak could be fun, especially for someone with a knack for aturn of phrase.

"But perhaps I could give you a more fitting answer if I knew what brings you to the city" That motivation was always a good start.

Then he turns to the Summer "Speaking of club business... seems the Reds have increased their number greatly. How do you find them so far?"

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”You know Abraham, can you come around more often? If all it takes is to have you around to become a lovely gentleman I would consider that a win”

A subtle jab at his age and worn down physique that while respectable was not what it once was. He listened to the Fairest give a break down of the state of the Lost in the city, a great little starter for the newest face to be found in the city.

”Yeah, I have been around the block a few times. You pick up a few tricks, and you start thinking a certain way, and it all just balloons from there. Eventually you are in so deep that there is no turning back. So here is hoping that if you get that far, you picked your favorite flavor.”

His double speak wasn’t quite to the sophistication of Abraham’s but if anything he would blame trying to do it while being on the run.

”Now, Reds, I think we need a different name. It is all fine and dandy now, but did either of you young ones have to deal with missile drills? Swear to goodness between missile, earthquake, and fire drills I felt like a disaster relief expert.”

A few more deep breaths from his casual jog.

”Business seems to be going good. May be some things coming for anyone who wants to pitch in. Going to bring up a camping trip on the other side. We will see how it all goes when things settle.”

Meetings still need to be had, and until then he wouldn’t make any rash moves. At this point he glanced over to the young lady with a smile on his face.

”If you need a wingman wink twice, and I’m sure we can at least get you Mr. Norton’s number.”

F
    Filomina

Abraham asked a very good question as to what brought her to the shores of Sacramento . She had to think she was so rushed to catch the plane and not forget anything. She jogged on the treadmill thinking . This seemed like nice people compared to previous company but omission could be in her best tactic till she knew more . “ Well i heard mentions and mumbles among other things. I had a fellow red comment that the weather was beautiful and people can be reborn here. Maybe he was talking about Los Angeles but here seemed a bit more quaint I will have the check out some of the places you mentioned.”

Filomina make sure to pay attention to the conversations of the two men. This code as a thing she had to learn. This was public and not a space to speak of such matters. This different from where she came from people up north were very obvious; a lot of time people would pretend to be as us and tell story unknowing of the scary truth. It is all fun and games until you are on the run and powerless to others or your own vices.

Filomina looked to Richard coyly, “Well Richard you are in luck. I’m a sucker from shoes and one liners. Doesn’t take much to make me smile”. Looking passed the smug grin she noticed a wrinkles and fade in the Lost. Richard looked like life had taken a toll on him . Despite this Richard was able to be funny and start a little trouble . Filomina missed the game . She was up to the challenge no matter what One-Liner or shenanigans came to pass. “Wink a thrice if you need Mr.Norton's number . I’ve been told i can be quite the match-maker.”. Two can play at that game. Those late nights of making fun of Love Connection and the Love Game may pay off.

“However if either of you two gentleman wanted to show me around the city and maybe meet some new faces that would be much appreciated . Filomina hoped the statement would be taken as a meet new friends and not anything flirtatious. She wasnt ready for that amount of commitment. Commitment ment trust and honesty and compassion something she new to well not many if any Lost were able to have. Trust comes with a price . Hope comes with a price . If it were for the worse dangers in this life not many Lost would be as social as we are .

A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham smiles, amused "I can certainly tag along whenever you like. Judging from when we first met, you attract all the interesting elements... and also, didn't you say you are a basketball fan? I haven't played in ages, if we were to organize a Space Jam I'd be very much up for it" Price may look old, but he was still a fae, and an Ogre. There's certainly a challenge in that.

And there are more references to the good (?) old days "Now, I don't think anyone will call the HUAC if yours are referred to as such, but if you have any suggestions... I didn't want to go with 'the Crimsons', sounds a bit like an indie rock band name to me" Still, it was his Court, so he gets to pick the name.

A camping trip? That brings a bit of a surprise to Abe's face "Whatever happened to retirement? And... any specific things you'd hope to learn while camping?" A pause "In any case, I think the Greens could also do with a bigger gathering. Of course, it'd fall to Ingrid to call it" Well technically not necessarily, but he doesn't want to make it look like he's strutting.

"Well, we definitely have plenty of nice weather and nicer people. Also, there are always some of our people solo or in groups out and about, so you just keep your ear to the ground and you'll know everyone in no time" Filomina was evading, sure, but could he blame her? She hardly knew him "Do you have any hobbies or unique skills? That always helps bring people together" For example, if Filo'd turn out to be a gun-crazed drinker with a sense of humor subtle as a rock, she'd get along great with Circe. Conversely, if she wanted to feel like a star of Downton Abbey, Titania'd be the person to go to.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

Oh no he didn’t!

”You may want to be careful what you wish for, if we are going to pound the rock it isn’t going to be none of this foul and flop nonsense, full handchecks and shoulders down. Though, it will probably end up resembling Space Jam based on my experience. You have not lived until you have seen a couple of angry teams in the summer really go out it with all their tricks on display.”

He gave a good laugh, Space Jam, everyone always went to Space Jam, good thing Rich had himself a VHS and DVD copy of it still. He had the Loony Toons growing up so that was his excuse to keep it around, and he was sticking to that story.

”You bring up enough of a point, I’m not much a singer and though I can fake it hitting the drums does nothing but make a horrendous noise. And if it is shoes you like, you should keep an eye out. I have a room full of ‘em and haven’t even busted out a tenth of the collection since I got here. As the years grow the one thing I refuse to become is a loafer man.

A few deep breaths as he kept an even pace on his run.

”Going to see if we can find any big tree houses with inhabitants intact. Maybe trade some marbles and make some friends along the way.”

Try and find a big hobb town, trade some goods, hopefully get an ally on the other side.

”About the only good places I know around here are places to go and enjoy a few adult beverages. That is why I need to keep coming here, so I don’t feel so bad about enjoying those. My killer is the fruity drinks, they go down way too easy and before you knew it you are a few thousand calories in the hole. And drunk, but that is different.”

He let Abraham probe the new fairest a bit more, he was a great host, really should take it up as a trade. Gave the ogre some ideas, but those were for a different place and a different time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread